• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:01
CEST 21:01
KST 04:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9534 users

"##" Mafia - Page 8

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 15 Next All
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 30 2013 20:06 GMT
#2137
The problem with Kush is I think he needs more analysis because he always does questionable things. He could be scum but could be town
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 30 2013 20:07 GMT
#2140
Actually no Rayn your town or 3p for that marv post.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 30 2013 20:10 GMT
#2145
Also to be frank saying that town should never vote themselves also applies to scum, ESP. When up for lynch.

Like if your already being voted and then scum WoS votes himself to try to bluff and appear useless/dumb to hope someone else recognizes it and leads a change? I don't think scum WoS makes that claim I think he play safer and rely on himself
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 30 2013 20:11 GMT
#2148
On October 31 2013 05:09 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Weird Pandain, explain?


I already explained it.
You may disagree post psychology works but I was right on Clarity while you guys were gone.

If I explained it here it would be a weaker explanation of the point and I'm on my phone
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 30 2013 20:12 GMT
#2149
Ebwop wrong
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 30 2013 20:14 GMT
#2152
On October 29 2013 05:15 Pandain wrote:
I'll be blunt Rayn the reason why I took my suspicion off of you was because you could be a mason role and therefore it would make sense to PM Marv.

However if it's anything else there's no real justification for it as it reveals your role, unless, I forgot, the purpose of the role itself is to reveal it!

You also upped your game and are being town.

I forgot another thing, this:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2013 03:29 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Okay marv this looks much better. First things first. You will not get the PM until the deadline, i asked about it from the hosts. This is important. As that is the case, consider my twerk null. Another interesting thing. Your Promethelax "townslip" thingy, or what makes you think he is town. I find that reasonable, although i am not sure if i agree with that. I know i could, as scum, do what you are giving Prome a townread for. What is really interesting about it is WoS' reaction to the post. He doesn't seem to be agreeing with what you said as his vote yet remains on Prome. That's not what's weird in it however, what is weird is that he does not address the post in any way, he just let's it be like it didn't happen. If he thinks that does not make Prome town, why not say "i disagree" or something, as, by default, he should disagree with the post in case he still has a scumread on Prome.

WaveofShadow why did you not say at any point, that you disagree with marv's reasoning about Prome being town and how does that not make sense? Why you just skip over the post and not address it in any way?

I agree what's been said about Clarity, his case on Oats makes no sense given Oats' play this game and their history. If anything, Oats could be scum for making more sense than usual, but the reasons Clarity brings up are definitely bullshit. ^^

Another thing that bothers me is Seuss. When he last left the building, we had an argument going on. He never answered me after he got back. So hey Seuss, i think we got something going on between us and i think it's your turn to say something.

Prome, what do you think of marv's reasoning on you being town? Do you think he is right in what he says?

I also agree with what's been said about Koshi. He's really "quiet" and doesn't seem to be trying to do anything...

On an unrelated note (and i just post this because this is what has been bothering me in mafia sonce forever):
+ Show Spoiler +
On October 28 2013 20:30 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 16:32 OOHCHILD wrote:
On October 28 2013 16:20 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On October 28 2013 15:57 OOHCHILD wrote:
I haven't read the whole thread yet, but I have an important question for those who have not yet fully claimed.
Could your power belong to either town or mafia? Mine could.

I would like to ask a counter-questions (which should answer yours aswell).
What would be a role that could not possibly be a role for both alignments?
Also why is this so important?

After I answer you, this conversation is done as far as I am concerned. Just know that you should not expect me to answer any follow up questions you have.

What would be a role that could not possibly be a role for both alignments?

I don't know.

Also why is this so important?

I do not trust you to understand this complicated idea, so I am not going to waste my time trying to explain it.

Nice to meet you Raynpelikoneet. Your name sounds like it belongs to a species of beautiful, tropical parrot!

This is the attempt I'm going to make to reach out to you. I'm doing so under the assumption that you're a new(er) player.

Firstly, and it's been mentioned already, there is absolutely no reason to shut down discussion like you have here. If you're town, then being open and frank about your thought process is an exceedingly good way to prove your alignment, which is obviously a pretty damn important thing.

Secondly, you have absolutely no reason to condescend to someone like you've done here. It might be vaguely understandable if you were a known excellent player who had the clout to condescend, but you aren't (as far as I'm aware). There is literally no benefit to belittle rayn like this while he is trying to question you.

My problem with you, and it's a large one, is this. On one hand you are doing:

1) telling people how they will have conversations with you, arrogantly condescending to you
and on the other hand you are doing this:
2) going "oh gosh, i want to vote for this player, how do I do it hehehehe?" (my sexy paraphrasing)

This is a pretty unfortunate mix of arrogance and playing the newbie card.

If you're town, shape up.

Goddamn marv, i envy you. Purely because these kinda posts are the reason that makes me understand why you are listened in these games and i am not.


This post is so town in a number of ways.
Comprehensive, shows interest in getting opinion out.
Good points, so either I'm bad or we're on same scum trail

And the last post really strikes me as such a town thing to do. It's really hard to fake those kinds of posts.

Rayn is obviously trying to prove himself in this game since there are so many other good players and he has recently wanted to try to up his game to the next level.

It's dangerous to buddy Marv because that encourages doctors to save him or at least promotes him staying alive and a town marv is such a huge boon for town.

Or they're both mafia which is way more unlikely.

Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 30 2013 20:54 GMT
#2164
I don't think your scum but I'll challenge that assumption:

How?

Yeah I haven't made real long posts, but I've been posting. And they've actually been good contrary to what you guys believe, even early on my posts were good for the time being. I'm pretty confident in my town reads and pretty sure there's at least one scum in SnB-Seuss; I warned against Clarity(although admittedly wasn't completely sure, just wouldn't have lynched him)

If you're looking for extreme confidence I won't have it; I'm not scum and I don't know the definitive answer. But what do you mean I don't have oomph
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 30 2013 20:57 GMT
#2170
On October 31 2013 05:55 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2013 05:54 Pandain wrote:
I don't think your scum but I'll challenge that assumption:

How?

Yeah I haven't made real long posts, but I've been posting. And they've actually been good contrary to what you guys believe, even early on my posts were good for the time being. I'm pretty confident in my town reads and pretty sure there's at least one scum in SnB-Seuss; I warned against Clarity(although admittedly wasn't completely sure, just wouldn't have lynched him)

If you're looking for extreme confidence I won't have it; I'm not scum and I don't know the definitive answer. But what do you mean I don't have oomph

This is the type of bullshit you said in Noir, you just kept calling your posts good and yourself town.


To be fair, Marv, I'm not the one who lynched Clarity for pretty poor reasoning.

Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 30 2013 21:01 GMT
#2182
On October 31 2013 06:00 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2013 05:55 marvellosity wrote:
On October 31 2013 05:54 Pandain wrote:
I don't think your scum but I'll challenge that assumption:

How?

Yeah I haven't made real long posts, but I've been posting. And they've actually been good contrary to what you guys believe, even early on my posts were good for the time being. I'm pretty confident in my town reads and pretty sure there's at least one scum in SnB-Seuss; I warned against Clarity(although admittedly wasn't completely sure, just wouldn't have lynched him)

If you're looking for extreme confidence I won't have it; I'm not scum and I don't know the definitive answer. But what do you mean I don't have oomph

This is the type of bullshit you said in Noir, you just kept calling your posts good and yourself town.

This is actually a good point on Pandabearguy.


Don't see how I'm playing bad as of now.

IF I'm totally wrong on scum, then sure, but as of now I'm 1/1
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 30 2013 21:03 GMT
#2190
Oh what I missed the night actions.

Hey I'm 2/2 btw
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 30 2013 21:04 GMT
#2195
##Twerk Marvellosity
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 30 2013 21:05 GMT
#2200
Honestly I guess I'll be flattered that you guys think I'm scum because then I hide myself as scum pretty well.

Also those are all horrible lynches Marv, what?

Maybe I shouldn't have twerked you.

I'll vote SnB; WoS supported me on SnB too so there.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 30 2013 21:07 GMT
#2203
I don't think Marv is scum though still, he wouldn't change to all objectively bad lynches.

I think he's just mad because I happened to be right on two people and he probably thinks I can't be good enough to identify town and apparently I don't contribute despite identifying town and nuking someone (before another confirmed town agreed with me) I thought was scum.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 30 2013 21:11 GMT
#2211
On October 31 2013 06:08 marvellosity wrote:
lol @ the people I'm calling scum calling my lynches bad.

Your lynches are awful.

We know Kush is a strange man so we should wait until later to analyze him when we have more hardcore facts rather then "kush couldn't be THIS dumb or say THIS" because that doesn't work on him.

Rayn is very very eh when there are far more people that are objectively suspicious then what you accuse them of doing blatant mafia tactics like fake-typing a role name. Maybe 3p but not scum.

And there's still no good reasoning other then I'm celebrating the fact my reads have been right.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 30 2013 21:11 GMT
#2212
"I lack omph"
What does that even mean I've clearly actually been involved in thread even over studying when I was supposed to.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 30 2013 21:12 GMT
#2214
"I'm calling my play good"
Well my play has been right on two accounts, and both of them were up to lynch and I defended both of them.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 30 2013 21:13 GMT
#2217
I'm not saying I'm good, this is my first town game since like 4 games ago/month ago so I'm not sure if I'm identifying scum correctly, but based on town reads I'm doing fine.

I guess I'll stop posting about this because you get what I mean and I'm probably coming off as arrogant even though I don't mean to be
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 30 2013 21:15 GMT
#2221
Also why do you think they shot WoS, Marv?

Why not you or Prom?
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 30 2013 21:16 GMT
#2225
On October 31 2013 06:15 Promethelax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2013 06:14 Koshi wrote:
Ohyeah now I guess we really have to filterdive WoS and see what he said.


only if you assume he knew what he was doing. Which I don't assume. He had zero time devoted to the game and spent a lot of his time trying to not be deaded.


But he was clearly shot for a reason.

He was suspicious to people, so they weren't shooting confirmed townies and they weren't shooting vets or they would've prob gone for Prom/Marv unless they were being super safe.

At the least, his reads are important to look into
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 30 2013 21:21 GMT
#2234
On October 31 2013 06:17 marvellosity wrote:
Pandain - WoS's last read on s&b was "I'm downgrading you to null"


Then maybe it's not SnB it's someone else.
Point is his reads are important to look into as he would not have gotten shot if he wasn't right about at least something.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #2
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason216
BRAT_OK 88
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14151
Mini 243
BeSt 209
Dewaltoss 151
Mind 87
Hyun 43
NaDa 22
Bale 21
Artosis 7
ZZZero.O 2
Dota 2
qojqva2801
420jenkins485
Counter-Strike
fl0m4257
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5591
Khaldor1422
Liquid`Hasu1104
MindelVK13
Other Games
summit1g3632
FrodaN1993
B2W.Neo814
byalli423
ToD130
QueenE72
Railgan50
Mew2King40
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1231
BasetradeTV219
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream54
StarCraft 2
angryscii 35
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 40
• Reevou 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 23
• FirePhoenix4
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3863
Other Games
• imaqtpie685
• Shiphtur279
• WagamamaTV233
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 59m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 59m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
15h 59m
Monday Night Weeklies
20h 59m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 15h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.