• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:59
CEST 05:59
KST 12:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9308 users

"##" Mafia - Page 5

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 29 2013 21:09 GMT
#1570
Well there goes my case against [UoN]Sentinel.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 29 2013 21:11 GMT
#1575
Wait, I got a nuke too.

What is this game.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 29 2013 21:12 GMT
#1577
Did [UoN]Sentinel's power seriously give everyone nukes?

Holy shit.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 29 2013 21:13 GMT
#1580
On October 30 2013 06:12 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2013 06:11 Seuss wrote:
Wait, I got a nuke too.

What is this game.

why the fuck did you get a nuke 0o


I haven't the faintest idea.

I didn't even think to check until marv got one. Then I noticed the PM.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 29 2013 21:14 GMT
#1582
On October 30 2013 06:13 Koshi wrote:
Also nukes will be fake except one.


My PM doesn't say anything about that. o.O
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 29 2013 21:17 GMT
#1590
On October 30 2013 06:15 strongandbig wrote:
why dont we just like nuke everyone except marv?


Works for me.

This is probably the most hilarious game of mafia ever.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 29 2013 21:25 GMT
#1609
On October 30 2013 06:20 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2013 06:19 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
On October 30 2013 06:13 Koshi wrote:
Also nukes will be fake except one.


I don't think it's a bastard game

On October 30 2013 06:12 Seuss wrote:
Did [UoN]Sentinel's power seriously give everyone nukes?

Holy shit.


'murica

Obviously all the nukes are not real.


Way to ruin my newbie "everything is possible" dreams.

So what's the plan then? Are we going to use our nukes like votes in a lightning lynch round?
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 29 2013 21:28 GMT
#1616
I am literally throwing my hands up in the air right now in a fit of exasperation.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 29 2013 21:39 GMT
#1631
This is just like the start of the game. Too many people thinking with their hashtags instead of with their heads.

There's no rush to nuke everyone right this instant. If Koshi/marv are right about the nukes we basically had a quick, extra lynch phase and the opportunity to try and do some more scum hunting. Instead we're just pressing the big red button at whoever we like because we can.

Instead we're firing them off willy-nilly.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 29 2013 23:19 GMT
#1648
On October 30 2013 08:11 Pandain wrote:
Marv why aren't you stopping people from nuking


I think he's too busy pounding his head into a wall because rayn screwed up his power and because of OOHCHILD in general.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 29 2013 23:35 GMT
#1650
The "his" in that sentence refers to marv. It's marv's power that got screwed up by rayn's.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 29 2013 23:55 GMT
#1658
Wave, did you not get a nuke?
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 30 2013 00:06 GMT
#1669
On October 30 2013 09:01 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2013 08:55 Seuss wrote:
Wave, did you not get a nuke?


This just proves people don't read what I have to say. Makes me feel better because I know people are just talking out of their asses about me and drawing conclusions where they want to.

Monte the third FUCKING line of my return post.

Does trying to create a nuke plan in thread give SnB townie points? I lean towards no.


Sorry, I missed that line. I jumped straight from line 2 to your thoughts on clarity, and then got extremely confused when you started talking about X nukes to X people when all evidence I'm aware of currently suggests everyone gets a nuke.

At least, no one I'm aware of has popped into the thread whining that they didn't get a nuke.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 30 2013 00:11 GMT
#1676
On October 30 2013 09:04 Pandain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2013 09:00 strongandbig wrote:
It's like a shitload of lynches without scum getting to nk in between. It's super pro town.

No it's extremely anti town because townies as a whole are retarded. We don't have enough information when information is the best town tool, it creates a mess after the nuke day.



Right.

For example, what if the three nukes already in the air are real and all of their targets are townies? We could already be out four townies with only one day's worth of information to go on. That leaves 9 people with nukes trying to find 2-4 mafia and/or a third party, only 2-5 of the nukes are in the hands of the enemy.

All it takes are a couple more careless town nukes and, if the nukes are real, the game could basically be over. Our best hope right now is that marv/Koshi are right that only one of the nukes is real, and that it's not one of the ones in the air right now.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 30 2013 00:14 GMT
#1680
On October 30 2013 09:10 Pandain wrote:
Because if they are real it's the equivalent of a vigilante

Why would they be fake


The argument for them being fake is, "This will be the dumbest game of mafia ever." For all intents and purposes the game could basically be over after N1.

The argument for them being real is, "This is twitter mafia with some pretty ridiculous powers and who would have guessed the town would be dumb enough to thoughtlessly countdown an unknown power from an unverified source day 1?"
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 30 2013 03:02 GMT
#1745
On October 30 2013 12:01 Pandain wrote:
This is a policy nuke and I hope its real
##Nuke strongandbig


If you assume all the nukes are real, which (correct me if I'm wrong) seems to be your working assumption, you just wasted your nuke.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 30 2013 03:07 GMT
#1754
On October 30 2013 12:05 Pandain wrote:
Actually this is a good compromise.

Everyone should nuke SnB

Good chance of being scum, and ensures that we don't have a nuclear armageddon.

Seuss why not nuke SnB?


Because I'm not entirely convinced by marv, and I'm trying to math out whether we have any chance whatsoever at this point in the case that they're real.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 30 2013 16:12 GMT
#1955
On October 30 2013 23:31 WaveofShadow wrote:
Fuck this useless smurf discussion. There was enough time for it pregame when no one would believe me.
Its not scumhunting and I don't want to give an attention whore asshole more attention than os absolutely necessary.

Seuss when you come back can I get some updated reads from you? You tend to consider things that I don't and I'd be very interested to hear what you think atm.


Ask and you shall receive.

First and foremost I don't care who kush is or if OOHCHILD is kush, his play has been nothing short of scum-city. While he's had the odd good point here or there, he's been extremely disruptive, unhelpful, distracting, and more.

His nuke on Wave also makes zero sense. This was OOHCHILD before the lynch yesterday:
On October 30 2013 01:36 OOHCHILD wrote:
Popping in to say I hate the WoS lynch. It feels like the only reason why are lynching him is because he isn't here.

I'm letting Pandain go.
Im letting Marv go (don't see what is so town about him though)

I would lynch Seuss, HotCottonCandy, or Sentinel.

On October 30 2013 03:15 OOHCHILD wrote:
Seuss looks pretty transparent and town with his recent explanations. Especially for second game scum. Going back to WoS I guess. I would rather lynch Sentinel or HotCottonCandy though.


The last we heard from him Day 1 he'd rather lynch Sentinel or HotCottonCandy over WaveofShadow. Fast-forward to nuke-city and the first thing he does is nuke WaveofShadow. Not a word as to why, just FIRE ZE MISSILES!

Now I'm willing to give him a pass on Sentinel because nuke-city changed things on that front. However, we have no explanation for why HotCottonCandy wasn't considered. Outside of the Clarity flip nothing had really changed there, and as of yet we haven't received a good explanation (calling it an "impulsive move" is up there with the "bored of mafia" defense he gave for Clarity).

Looking over HotCottonCandy's history there's nothing that stands out connecting or disconnecting him from OOHCHILD. At one point he suggested voting for OOHCHILD when the choice seemed to be Clarity or OOHCHILD, but outside of that HotCottonCandy has only mentioned him in passing. I don't feel confident reading much into their interactions or lack thereof, but I will analyze HotCottonCandy.


I'll forgive HotCottonCandy for waffling back and forth with his opinion on me during the pre-lynch insanity; I was under a lot of scrutiny at the time and there was a lot going on. However, I haven't liked his approach to the whole nuke situation:

On October 30 2013 09:47 HotCottonCandy wrote:
We should probably all use our nukes regardless if they are real or not, much easier to read people like this because there's no hiding behind anything, you attempt to nuke one person and it says a lot about your alignment and where you stand. I'll be nuking some one soon after I read a few more filters.


On the one hand he's correct that you can read a lot into a person's thoughts and motivations based on their nuke choice. However, a town's greatest strength is its community, and telling everyone to follow their bliss is a great recipe for chaos, confusion, and counter-productivity.

Case in point, if everyone hadn't been so trigger happy we could, as has been suggested several times, effectively had a lightning-lynch round. Instead we currently have chaos because OOHCHILD, Koshi, Oatsmaster and others had to push the red button.

HotCottonCandy also acted extremely surprised when strongandbig nuked him after he'd been actively and vocally contemplating nuking strongandbig. It's pretty obvious from how strongandbig went about the actual nuking that he was being vindictive. I think it's a stretch at this point to think it was anything more than that, as strongandbig's play post-lynch hasn't shown him capable of that kind of duplicity and forethought.


So right now I've got a strong scum read on OOHCHILD, and I'm suspicious of HotCottonCandy.


A quick thought on Oatsmaster's confusing Koshi nuke. Even if you assume Koshi's question is scummy, we had hours that could have been spent grilling Koshi on that before we needed to fire nukes at him. Oatsmaster's play there is in keeping with the grand traditions routine irresponsibility of this game (hashtag first, ask questions later), and I'm reevaluating him accordingly.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 30 2013 16:45 GMT
#1962
On October 31 2013 01:37 Promethelax wrote:
For serious Suess, I get that those things happened but this game is about conclusions not summaries.


I'm a mathematician and an analyst. I'm trained to support my conclusions with facts/probable cause/proven theorems etc. This whole "I will post one sentence that is my conclusion and then cause a long confusing debate where no one has any idea what anyone else is thinking" thing baffles me.

But to reiterate what I said at the end of my post. I think OOHCHILD is scum, HotCottonCandy is probably scum, and Oats is looking pretty scummy as well.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
October 30 2013 16:56 GMT
#1969
On October 31 2013 01:49 WaveofShadow wrote:
Regarding OOHCHILD, assuming that you know nothing about him beyond what he has done in this game, do you think it is likely play as scum to be attention-grabbing, abrasive and insulting as he has been, despite his random waffling on me? I'm curious.


Yes. This is probably the perfect game for that sort of disruptive play. Just look at the players. Aside from marv and maybe Prom there's just a giant mess of people underperforming and making it easy for scum to do whatever they want. OOHCHILD is certainly making himself a target, but in a game where everyone's a target that can be pretty good cover.

He's also apparently got his smurf/kush thing to fall back on and throw you all off, which has apparently been fairly successful so far. I don't think "meta" play is bad per se, but I'm going to call it like I see it.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 212
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 625
Larva 80
NaDa 56
Leta 51
TT1 19
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm225
League of Legends
JimRising 690
Other Games
summit1g10174
WinterStarcraft424
Mew2King83
ViBE80
ArmadaUGS51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1360
BasetradeTV235
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream150
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki24
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1099
• Lourlo712
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 1m
INu's Battles
8h 1m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 1m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 1m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 1m
Replay Cast
19h 1m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.