• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:38
CEST 23:38
KST 06:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8123 users

"##" Mafia - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 37 38 39 Next All
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 28 2013 09:26 GMT
#534
On October 28 2013 18:23 Promethelax wrote:
You are scum for the above, my understanding of what was said was that you were saying that because everyone (town and scum) powered up oats he was not town but I know from my own role pm that anyone can power up a town power role so that was a mistake scum would make.

Your explanation of it is reasonable though.

You ah, actually didn't say what you dislike about me besides that I interpreted what you said in a way you apparently didn't mean it. You are attacking me to follow thread sentiment, not because you believe it. This post does not dissuade me from thinking you are scum, it just tells me I had the wrong reason for the right conclusion,

rofl I am not attacking you because thread sentiment. I attack you because you attack me based on wrong assumptions.

I did not say he was not town for being able to be powered up by any alignement. I said he was 3p for needing EVERYBODY to vote for him.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 28 2013 09:41 GMT
#540
On October 28 2013 18:28 Promethelax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 18:26 Koshi wrote:
On October 28 2013 18:23 Promethelax wrote:
You are scum for the above, my understanding of what was said was that you were saying that because everyone (town and scum) powered up oats he was not town but I know from my own role pm that anyone can power up a town power role so that was a mistake scum would make.

Your explanation of it is reasonable though.

You ah, actually didn't say what you dislike about me besides that I interpreted what you said in a way you apparently didn't mean it. You are attacking me to follow thread sentiment, not because you believe it. This post does not dissuade me from thinking you are scum, it just tells me I had the wrong reason for the right conclusion,

rofl I am not attacking you because thread sentiment. I attack you because you attack me based on wrong assumptions.

I did not say he was not town for being able to be powered up by any alignement. I said he was 3p for needing EVERYBODY to vote for him.


Why 'Rofl' do you think it's funny that I caught you by totally misunderstanding you?

No it's rofl because you keep saying I am scum for silly reasons. I am now scum for saying I don't like you? My dislike is 100% justified because you said 2-4 times I am scum for reasons that aren't reasons.

I also made that post to clear my own name and it was clearly not a case on you. However, you are reading it as a case against you because I asked some questions to you? Which you ofcourse completely ignore. Nice to see you are 100% certain I am scum and you are not even bothering explaining yourself to me. Which you could do after yelling I am scum for "misunderstanding" my post.

And it is impossible you misunderstood that conversation between me and Oats. You didn't read that conversation imo, you just glossed over it. Thought it was something while it wasn't and then pushed that read without rechecking it because you are bad.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 28 2013 09:44 GMT
#543
Can somebody else confirm that when they read my conversation with Oats they concluded that I said Oats was 3p because either alignement can vote him? Something strange like that?

Like what does that mean? Obviously it doesn't matter if it is town/scum that powers up my abilty or anybodys. But it looks like Promethelax is hinting that there is a scum powerrole that only scum can power up and that I suggested that. Something like that. It's ridiculous.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 28 2013 09:46 GMT
#544
On October 28 2013 18:43 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Koshi do you think Prome is scum or not?

rayn, tell me if I am scum for the reason Prom said out that conversation with Oats. Why am I scum for saying he is 3p because both alignments can power him up? As if town can only power themselves up by town votes? Like how the fuck does town know that?
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 28 2013 10:13 GMT
#552
On October 28 2013 18:51 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 18:46 Koshi wrote:
On October 28 2013 18:43 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Koshi do you think Prome is scum or not?

rayn, tell me if I am scum for the reason Prom said out that conversation with Oats. Why am I scum for saying he is 3p because both alignments can power him up? As if town can only power themselves up by town votes? Like how the fuck does town know that?

I do not think you are scum because of the conversation. But do you think Prome is scum or not?

Mehh, I am probably not going to vote him.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 28 2013 10:16 GMT
#556
On October 28 2013 19:05 Oatsmaster wrote:
I get more powerful the more votes I get. And it doesnt matter if they are from scum or town. Does that answer your question Koshi?

I never asked that question...
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 28 2013 10:29 GMT
#560
Did the delegation power from rayn did something already? Or did that get cancelled / was fake?
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 28 2013 10:46 GMT
#562
Well I wasn't too happy about rayn and his woopsie stuff but somewhere he made a comment "You can't possible have a read on Pandain yet because I haven't got a read on Pandain yet". That was pretty towny in my book. So we can put rayn on likely town. So let's sheep his reads now.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 28 2013 11:23 GMT
#571
On October 28 2013 20:20 marvellosity wrote:
I find this incredibly odd:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 18:19 Koshi wrote:
I read the thread. I don't like Promethelax.

Who states that they've now read the thread? Especially given this:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 17:17 Koshi wrote:
On October 28 2013 13:47 Oatsmaster wrote:
Ok koshi called me 3p for having a charge role thing. I dont know what it means, but generally town dont call people 3p day 1 because there is no way to know. Scum do know though.

I called you 3p because you needed everybody to power you up. I understand you might have been joking or overstating it. I wasn't 100% serious.

Content unimportant, it's more the fact it was posted an hour prior to the first post I quoted. And within this post, he is responding to something a few pages back, so he'd clearly already been reading the thread?

I'm not actually sure what it means, but it stuck out to me like a sore thumb. Why announce that you read the thread like this? :/

Dnu, I was reading the thread and swa prom call me scummy for it. Then I saw Oats say that so I replied to that already. Then I continued reading the thread and saw Prom call me scum another 2 times. And then I said "I read the thread" and then posted what I posted. Dnu.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 28 2013 11:30 GMT
#573
So I stated that I read the thread because after my post before that I was only on page 22.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 28 2013 11:34 GMT
#574
On October 28 2013 20:30 Koshi wrote:
So I stated that I read the thread because after my post before that I was only on page 22.

I am even confusing myself here.
-------
This is what happened:
I wrote this when I was still on page 22
I called you 3p because you needed everybody to power you up. I understand you might have been joking or overstating it. I wasn't 100% serious

and then I wrote this when I was catched up:
I read the thread. I don't like Promethelax.

I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 28 2013 11:49 GMT
#577
On October 28 2013 20:14 Promethelax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 20:08 marvellosity wrote:
Small point of order as I'm reading through - no, he's not doing it right. Careless people. Red my emphasis
On October 28 2013 12:46 Promethelax wrote:
You would need to post ##yolo Promethelax to power me up. If you think I am town please feel free to do so.

On October 28 2013 15:15 Oatsmaster wrote:
#yolo Promethelax
am i doing this right?

On October 28 2013 15:22 Promethelax wrote:
Oats: I think so. Why did you decide to give me power?


Point of Oder the y may need to be a Y not sure

On October 28 2013 06:43 Crossfire99 wrote:
If it wasn't clear with my rules, correct capitalization is important for all in-thread "actions"


This is directed to everybody:
If you intentionally misspell actions for whatever reason I am going to be sad. It's lame.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 28 2013 13:09 GMT
#587
Hmm I can make a conspiracy theory read on WoS. Be prepared!
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 28 2013 13:20 GMT
#590
On October 28 2013 06:51 WaveofShadow wrote:
Hai guise.2) I miss being mafia (or even 3P).
3) My power is boring and semi-useless.
I'll use it on somebody later in the day I thinks.

4) It's super pro-town.

Be back in a couple hours-ish.

On October 28 2013 08:28 WaveofShadow wrote:
I find the fact that Pandain even gets a slight scumread from my opening post hilarious. He's played games with me and should know almost every single opening post of mine is along the lines of what I rolled and 1) I often whine about something, often what I rolled.
+ Show Spoiler +

To me Pandain it looks more like YOU are the one who is trying to contribute something to look good---I don't find anything you picked out regarding me OR Rayn scum-indicative in any way, and as such I find your posting incredibly weak thus far.

Oh and I suppose I should have mentioned this before the game started but considering my not-so-great play and the embarrassing length of my filter in Thug, I plan on keeping things way more concise than usual. I do not plan to be in the top few posters lengthwise this game. Make of that what you will.

Anyway I'm tempted to fuck off until whatever Sentinel did resolves but I suppose that wouldn't be very helpful. Guess we'll see
.

If we believe what WoS said in (1), then we see him whining about not being mafia in (2). Him being mafia makes it logical he does (1) about (3). (3) and (4) contradict themselves if he is town. How can something be semi-useless and be super pro-town at the same time?

Time will tell! Because WoS promised to do it day 1.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 28 2013 13:31 GMT
#597
On October 28 2013 22:20 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 22:16 Oatsmaster wrote:
I dont actually think he will play scum the same way as he did previously, that was a long time ago, but this game fits a lot into town marv. He doesnt wanna talk about people he doesnt want to talk about.
i dunno, its hard to express for me. But it doesnt feel like marv is trying to trick us into powering him up.

I just read scum!marv and town!marv D1's and this apathy of his does not fit into each one of them. Then i read Catch 22 and it doesn't fit into there. I have no fucking idea what to think. 4th party? Since when has marv not commented on the leading lynch candidate in no way as any alignment?

marv what do you you want to talk about? Or are you just going to watch what happens and then what? And why?

Hmm. Marv in Noir was not really pushing anything hard D1, it felt like he was gathering reads. D2 he fixed that and concentrated more on specific people but still didn't rally town to vote for Cephiro and then N2 he guaranteed Cephiro scumread.
LastArgument was an awesome guy but also didn't rally town to vote D1 in Hogwarts. He didn't comment too much on Cephiro except say that his big post was enough to not vote him D1 and then later asked Cephiro some questions. His vote on Palmar was simply explained by "sheep syllo".

Marv plays to town meta. But I guess he can emulate that as scum because he is marv.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 28 2013 13:32 GMT
#599
On October 28 2013 22:27 Seuss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 19:24 marvellosity wrote:
On October 28 2013 13:04 Seuss wrote:
On October 28 2013 12:55 Promethelax wrote:
Seuss, no more role fishing without purpose. What do you think about oats and why?

Rayn, I'll take you at your word that your power usage isn't alignment indicative at the moment. I'm sure you can figure out what I was getting at. I still like pandain for the moment based on his try Harding. I do t have meta on him so I get to read him on his play, a nice early try hard adds so e green points for now.

Cotton candy, if you are so anxious to type why not say something useful. Early reads?


Sorry, I was just really surprised at how much people were throwing on the table day 1. It's kinda like all the major town roles soft-claimed in a giant explosion of nonsense. Normally this would be a stupid thing to do, but then this game setup is pretty wonky.

Oats is pretty confrontational and terse. He doesn't really address Pandain's concerns about rayn in a meaningful way, but just laughs him off. I don't really follow his [UoN]Sentinel scum/town rayn/Koshi logic because it isn't spelled out at all, it just sort of is.

So right now I read him as slightly scummy, but he could just be town who isn't communicating well. We had a lot of those in my last game.

You see this followup doesn't make sense.

If Seuss is surprised/disappointed at how people were coming out and claiming asap, why then exacerbate the situation by making multiple comments with relation to guessing what these roles and powers were? If you're concerened about people claiming early, why then guess at powers and even ask other people to guess at powers?
Someone a little more clever than I am and more experienced in mafia could probably make reasonably accurate guesses as to what their powers do

Boo.


I'm an analyst. At the heart of my approach to mafia is finding all the puzzle pieces and putting them together. You can go back to the recent newbie mini mafia game and look through my coach QT with WaveOfShadow and see that it's exactly what I was doing there as well. When I'm given information I try to make sense of it and fit it into the puzzle.

Perhaps it was a little egotistical of me, but the purpose of my post was largely admonishment. I wasn't asking others to guess at powers, but pointing out that revealing powers for no reason was stupid because people could guess at them. A bunch of people pulled out their powers immediately, several of whom (including you!) had to backtrack because apparently now wasn't the appropriate or best time for it. That, and the flurry of thoughtless power ups, is what got me in a tizzy. You've let the mafia know you have powers at a point in the game where you apparently don't even want to use them. I don't see how that's good town play.

I wouldn't be so mad/confused if I knew you all had good reasons for bringing out your powers, and if I could be certain all of the powers coming into play are town powers.

Just saying I didn't backtrack and

##Update Koshi

Is still something all the cool kids do.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 28 2013 13:46 GMT
#615
Seuss do you have townreads atm?
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 28 2013 13:55 GMT
#621
Clarityyou know what Oats meta is? Or at least what everybody says his meta is?

Also, in case you missed it, ##Update Koshi if you are a cool kid.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 28 2013 14:31 GMT
#643
Without need to explain yourself further. Do you think I am town Seuss?
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 28 2013 14:38 GMT
#650
On October 28 2013 23:32 Seuss wrote:
Yes.

Then do
##Update Koshi
What is holding you back?
I had a good night of sleep.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 37 38 39 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O109
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason126
BRAT_OK 57
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1103
ZZZero.O 109
Bale 22
League of Legends
Doublelift4447
JimRising 538
Counter-Strike
Fnx 900
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6155
Other Games
summit1g8539
FrodaN2967
B2W.Neo604
KnowMe251
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1399
BasetradeTV296
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• blackmanpl 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1197
• Shiphtur228
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 22m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 22m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
13h 22m
Monday Night Weeklies
18h 22m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 13h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.