• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:59
CEST 05:59
KST 12:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9265 users

"##" Mafia - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
October 29 2013 18:26 GMT
#1400
On October 30 2013 02:22 raynpelikoneet wrote:
StrongandBig where the hell are you and why did you say exactly what i did about Pandain after you had read my comment about him and his play this game???


I'm in class you assdouche. Go take a chill pull. Preferably a suppository.

I assume you're referring to this post:

On October 29 2013 23:32 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Koshi:

This is what Pandain's town play looks like:
Q/A, Q/A, Q/A, Q/A, summarization of his reads, Q/A, Q/A, Q/A, Q/A, summarization, maybe some sort of a case, repeat.

This is what Pandain's scum play looks like:
stuff, some weak reads, stuff, stuff, a case on someone, stuff, some defences against thread sentiment (usually on townies), soft buss, stuff, stuff, stuff, defence.. repeat from after the "a case on someone".

At some point that falls apart because he busses so much. When Pandain busses he does not really intend to lynch his scumbuddies. He does also defend a lot of people just for the sake of defending. You catch him when he has bussed someone and when they are up for a lynch he suddenly doesn't want to lynch them anymore (see Thug life and Palmar).


This actually isn't the same as what I said, what I'm talking about is the tone of the cases and summaries in his longer posts whereas i read your post as being about whether or not hes asking questions and whether hes mixing soft busses with "defenses against thread sentiment." I was pretty specific and so were you. I agree they are similar though.

Even if they were exactly the same, I would have posted my thing anyway because I want people to know what my thought process and analysis were. When I was making up my mind about pandain I did it without thinking about what you or other people said about him, I was looking at the evidence and making my own read.

Are you claiming that you think I just took your conclusion and then spent twenty minutes making it more specific, reading old games and filters and getting the evidence for it that you didn't, because that's easier than making up some shit? Or is it maybe more likely that I happened to come to a similar analysis as you?
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
October 29 2013 18:43 GMT
#1415
On October 30 2013 03:28 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2013 03:26 strongandbig wrote:
On October 30 2013 02:22 raynpelikoneet wrote:
StrongandBig where the hell are you and why did you say exactly what i did about Pandain after you had read my comment about him and his play this game???


I'm in class you assdouche. Go take a chill pull. Preferably a suppository.

I assume you're referring to this post:

On October 29 2013 23:32 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Koshi:

This is what Pandain's town play looks like:
Q/A, Q/A, Q/A, Q/A, summarization of his reads, Q/A, Q/A, Q/A, Q/A, summarization, maybe some sort of a case, repeat.

This is what Pandain's scum play looks like:
stuff, some weak reads, stuff, stuff, a case on someone, stuff, some defences against thread sentiment (usually on townies), soft buss, stuff, stuff, stuff, defence.. repeat from after the "a case on someone".

At some point that falls apart because he busses so much. When Pandain busses he does not really intend to lynch his scumbuddies. He does also defend a lot of people just for the sake of defending. You catch him when he has bussed someone and when they are up for a lynch he suddenly doesn't want to lynch them anymore (see Thug life and Palmar).


This actually isn't the same as what I said, what I'm talking about is the tone of the cases and summaries in his longer posts whereas i read your post as being about whether or not hes asking questions and whether hes mixing soft busses with "defenses against thread sentiment." I was pretty specific and so were you. I agree they are similar though.

Even if they were exactly the same, I would have posted my thing anyway because I want people to know what my thought process and analysis were. When I was making up my mind about pandain I did it without thinking about what you or other people said about him, I was looking at the evidence and making my own read.

Are you claiming that you think I just took your conclusion and then spent twenty minutes making it more specific, reading old games and filters and getting the evidence for it that you didn't, because that's easier than making up some shit? Or is it maybe more likely that I happened to come to a similar analysis as you?

No i don't. I would have expected you to say something about my post or me when you made a post quite similar.
Is there a reason you didn't?

I was writing out my thought process and giving evidence in that post, not evaluating the opinions of others. More importantly, I didn't take notes when I read through the thread, so picking through and finding what each person said would have been a waste of time and effort.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
October 29 2013 18:45 GMT
#1420
@marv devils advocate - what if wave didnt want to lynch Seuss bc he has warm fuzzy feelings from coaching his noob game
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
October 29 2013 18:48 GMT
#1426
Also - I'm starting to worry about sentinel's mystery countdown power and why he still hasn't told us what it does. Despite calling koshi scum for not telling us what his power does.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
October 29 2013 20:41 GMT
#1494
On October 30 2013 05:38 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2013 05:32 Seuss wrote:
On October 30 2013 05:14 Koshi wrote:
On October 30 2013 05:13 Seuss wrote:
On October 30 2013 04:52 Koshi wrote:
Seuss
Why did you not say anything about the ##Boost power from WoS?


I wasn't here at the time he used it, and when I got back he wasn't here and no one had commented on it. Meanwhile, what would later become the OOHCHILD/Clarity fiasco was underway so I dove right into that.

So you read it while catching up and didn't think it was worthwhile to talk about? Did you believe WoS actually used a power on you?


I thought it was possible but as I had zero information about what he did and it had been completely ignored, I filed it away and moved on.

For that matter, why didn't you or anyone else comment on it?

Fuck buddying, do people honestly think Seuss is scum after this post?
So fucking transparent about everything he does---yeah it could be faked I suppose but not to the degree he's taken the questioning from people.

SnB---you know...I think i actually like my vote on him.
His case on me isn't one at all. He defends me to Prome and then just says 'I like Rayn's case better' without adding anything of his own.
And then this:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2013 03:45 strongandbig wrote:
@marv devils advocate - what if wave didnt want to lynch Seuss bc he has warm fuzzy feelings from coaching his noob game


Why does he keep defending me? More than anything it looks like he is pre-shifting responsibility for when I flip blue, even though he could have just sheeped me and not had any responsibility to BEGIN with because he had NO hand in my lynch! Pre-assumed guilt is forcing him to do this imo....SnB could very well indeed be scum. Defending a mislynch as scum doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless you see it from that perspective---he is trying to hedge his bets while trying to be on the 'right' side of town.




im not defending you
the attitude that if i agree with someone's conclusions i have to agree with all of their logic is one of the many silly tropes in mafia

also i guess i didnt vote yet

##vote: waveofshadow
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
October 29 2013 20:46 GMT
#1510
On October 30 2013 05:34 Pandain wrote:
Day one scum try to contribute and appear town, but aren't that actually dedicated.

They usually aren't retarded, think through their posts, and still don't try to help town atmosphere.

All the things a scum would do on day one I see in SnB

which of these things are not also things a townie without much time would do? i guess the thread atmosphere thing, but how am i hurting thread atmosphere?

On October 30 2013 05:42 Pandain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2013 05:39 marvellosity wrote:
On October 30 2013 03:48 strongandbig wrote:
Also - I'm starting to worry about sentinel's mystery countdown power and why he still hasn't told us what it does. Despite calling koshi scum for not telling us what his power does.

I dunno about s&b. This post is pretty bad because Sentinel has talked about his power so many times, I don't see the point in bringing it up again.

Then again it looks like s&b actually made genuine effort to go and look at Pandain's games earlier when he talked about his big posts


Problem is SnB also made a genuine effort to point out why Palmar was scum in Thug life. SnB can go hard to explain a read he's confident in when it benefits you.

The problem is even if he did, was that in the approach to help town or to explain himself. If it's to help town, why share it when really I wasn't under any suspicion. If it's to explain himself, it makes sense to defend me as I'm town and that will be revealed later/he's ultimately right.

I don't think SnB is giving an effort to help town, I think his effort ultimately only shows that he's interested in appearing town by posting reads.

Has he really attempted to change this lynch or help drive a lynch?

dude you were on my team, you KNOW that wasn't a genuine effort because I knew palmar was scum because he was ON A TEAM WITH THE TWO OF US
also did even that case didn't involve any actual research into palmar's past games

also i forgot that sentinel claimed he doesn't know what his power does. but why is saying that scum motivated.

last thing, why would i have attempted to change the lynch when i like it
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
October 29 2013 20:47 GMT
#1514
On October 30 2013 05:43 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2013 05:41 strongandbig wrote:
On October 30 2013 05:38 WaveofShadow wrote:
On October 30 2013 05:32 Seuss wrote:
On October 30 2013 05:14 Koshi wrote:
On October 30 2013 05:13 Seuss wrote:
On October 30 2013 04:52 Koshi wrote:
Seuss
Why did you not say anything about the ##Boost power from WoS?


I wasn't here at the time he used it, and when I got back he wasn't here and no one had commented on it. Meanwhile, what would later become the OOHCHILD/Clarity fiasco was underway so I dove right into that.

So you read it while catching up and didn't think it was worthwhile to talk about? Did you believe WoS actually used a power on you?


I thought it was possible but as I had zero information about what he did and it had been completely ignored, I filed it away and moved on.

For that matter, why didn't you or anyone else comment on it?

Fuck buddying, do people honestly think Seuss is scum after this post?
So fucking transparent about everything he does---yeah it could be faked I suppose but not to the degree he's taken the questioning from people.

SnB---you know...I think i actually like my vote on him.
His case on me isn't one at all. He defends me to Prome and then just says 'I like Rayn's case better' without adding anything of his own.
And then this:
On October 30 2013 03:45 strongandbig wrote:
@marv devils advocate - what if wave didnt want to lynch Seuss bc he has warm fuzzy feelings from coaching his noob game


Why does he keep defending me? More than anything it looks like he is pre-shifting responsibility for when I flip blue, even though he could have just sheeped me and not had any responsibility to BEGIN with because he had NO hand in my lynch! Pre-assumed guilt is forcing him to do this imo....SnB could very well indeed be scum. Defending a mislynch as scum doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless you see it from that perspective---he is trying to hedge his bets while trying to be on the 'right' side of town.




im not defending you
the attitude that if i agree with someone's conclusions i have to agree with all of their logic is one of the many silly tropes in mafia

also i guess i didnt vote yet

##vote: waveofshadow

Where did you get that from? I am more inclined to agree with someone's conclusions or logic if they have the same process of thought at the time as me when I am town---such as marv. Nice of you to rejoin us though.

what i mean is i can think that promethelax's reasons are bad and still think you are scum
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
October 29 2013 20:48 GMT
#1518
um what does your power do
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
October 29 2013 20:49 GMT
#1520
@pandain
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
October 29 2013 20:49 GMT
#1521
oh right
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
October 29 2013 20:49 GMT
#1522
wait fuck that
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
October 29 2013 20:50 GMT
#1524
well, i can't help anymore apparently
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
October 29 2013 20:56 GMT
#1541
yeah if people are telling the truths about their powers then clarity gets lynched i think
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
October 29 2013 20:57 GMT
#1545
only rayn oats and oo are voting wos now
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
October 29 2013 21:15 GMT
#1584
i got a nuke too

and i definitely didnt count down
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
October 29 2013 21:15 GMT
#1585
why dont we just like nuke everyone except marv?
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
October 29 2013 21:32 GMT
#1624
um, wait a sec marv. why would he think "oh i have a power that decreases numbers by 1, let's use it on marv to help him pay his power costs" - wouldnt the natural thought be "oh i have a power that increases numbers by 1, lets use it to give people more kp/votes/hp/whatever?"
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
October 29 2013 23:39 GMT
#1651
I just realized, the nukes run out in 12 hours so that means like 5am, I'm gonna have to nuke someone before I go to sleep (or not at all)

Unless I'm wrong, wos, ooh child and pandain are already getting nuked right?
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
October 29 2013 23:47 GMT
#1654
Currently considering nuking sent cause I'm not sure I believe his story about his power and I don't like the contradiction with how he acted towards koshi's asking for powerups; rayn because of the Marv power thing and also for the lulz; and koshi cause of the whole "x number of people with powers that need to be charged up" thing and also cause I don't trust him (after he won that one game as SK I feel like his ability to look town as scum far outweighs his ability to find scum as town).

Actually we should probably nuke both koshi and sent to resolve that for good.

Comments?
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
October 29 2013 23:50 GMT
#1656
Actually we should probably just nuke all the suspicious slash scummy people, right? I'm fine getting nuked as long as we spread the nukes out enough so that only a few people are still alive and they're super townie.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 212
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 625
Larva 80
NaDa 56
Leta 51
TT1 19
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm225
League of Legends
JimRising 690
Other Games
summit1g10174
WinterStarcraft424
Mew2King83
ViBE80
ArmadaUGS51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1360
BasetradeTV235
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream150
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki24
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1099
• Lourlo712
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 1m
INu's Battles
8h 1m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 1m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 1m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 1m
Replay Cast
19h 1m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.