• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:27
CEST 12:27
KST 19:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12281 users

"##" Mafia - Page 11

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 15 Next All
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
November 01 2013 01:24 GMT
#2613
I am adding Sentinel to my town reads. Any reasoning I could think as to why he's scum borders on conspiracy theories and I think it's safer just to assume he's playing like he seems like he's playing: town.

He nuked immediately which is probably town in my eyes. He nuked a suspicious person, why do that and eliminate a suspicious player for the town

Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
November 01 2013 01:25 GMT
#2614
Maybe I'm wrong and it's like Seuss/Oohchild/Vayne.

Hmmm.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
November 01 2013 01:29 GMT
#2616
Rayn is being too much of a dick to be scum imo, along with other reasons.

I could lynch Seuss, think Oohchild is the best lynch even though he's being nuked, and could lynch Vayne. Where he at?
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
November 01 2013 01:32 GMT
#2618
Seuss=Onegu.
And I guess whenever Rayn disagrees with me I think he's a dick lol
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
November 01 2013 01:36 GMT
#2619
On October 29 2013 05:15 Pandain wrote:
I'll be blunt Rayn the reason why I took my suspicion off of you was because you could be a mason role and therefore it would make sense to PM Marv.

However if it's anything else there's no real justification for it as it reveals your role, unless, I forgot, the purpose of the role itself is to reveal it!

You also upped your game and are being town.

I forgot another thing, this:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2013 03:29 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Okay marv this looks much better. First things first. You will not get the PM until the deadline, i asked about it from the hosts. This is important. As that is the case, consider my twerk null. Another interesting thing. Your Promethelax "townslip" thingy, or what makes you think he is town. I find that reasonable, although i am not sure if i agree with that. I know i could, as scum, do what you are giving Prome a townread for. What is really interesting about it is WoS' reaction to the post. He doesn't seem to be agreeing with what you said as his vote yet remains on Prome. That's not what's weird in it however, what is weird is that he does not address the post in any way, he just let's it be like it didn't happen. If he thinks that does not make Prome town, why not say "i disagree" or something, as, by default, he should disagree with the post in case he still has a scumread on Prome.

WaveofShadow why did you not say at any point, that you disagree with marv's reasoning about Prome being town and how does that not make sense? Why you just skip over the post and not address it in any way?

I agree what's been said about Clarity, his case on Oats makes no sense given Oats' play this game and their history. If anything, Oats could be scum for making more sense than usual, but the reasons Clarity brings up are definitely bullshit. ^^

Another thing that bothers me is Seuss. When he last left the building, we had an argument going on. He never answered me after he got back. So hey Seuss, i think we got something going on between us and i think it's your turn to say something.

Prome, what do you think of marv's reasoning on you being town? Do you think he is right in what he says?

I also agree with what's been said about Koshi. He's really "quiet" and doesn't seem to be trying to do anything...

On an unrelated note (and i just post this because this is what has been bothering me in mafia sonce forever):
+ Show Spoiler +
On October 28 2013 20:30 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 16:32 OOHCHILD wrote:
On October 28 2013 16:20 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On October 28 2013 15:57 OOHCHILD wrote:
I haven't read the whole thread yet, but I have an important question for those who have not yet fully claimed.
Could your power belong to either town or mafia? Mine could.

I would like to ask a counter-questions (which should answer yours aswell).
What would be a role that could not possibly be a role for both alignments?
Also why is this so important?

After I answer you, this conversation is done as far as I am concerned. Just know that you should not expect me to answer any follow up questions you have.

What would be a role that could not possibly be a role for both alignments?

I don't know.

Also why is this so important?

I do not trust you to understand this complicated idea, so I am not going to waste my time trying to explain it.

Nice to meet you Raynpelikoneet. Your name sounds like it belongs to a species of beautiful, tropical parrot!

This is the attempt I'm going to make to reach out to you. I'm doing so under the assumption that you're a new(er) player.

Firstly, and it's been mentioned already, there is absolutely no reason to shut down discussion like you have here. If you're town, then being open and frank about your thought process is an exceedingly good way to prove your alignment, which is obviously a pretty damn important thing.

Secondly, you have absolutely no reason to condescend to someone like you've done here. It might be vaguely understandable if you were a known excellent player who had the clout to condescend, but you aren't (as far as I'm aware). There is literally no benefit to belittle rayn like this while he is trying to question you.

My problem with you, and it's a large one, is this. On one hand you are doing:

1) telling people how they will have conversations with you, arrogantly condescending to you
and on the other hand you are doing this:
2) going "oh gosh, i want to vote for this player, how do I do it hehehehe?" (my sexy paraphrasing)

This is a pretty unfortunate mix of arrogance and playing the newbie card.

If you're town, shape up.

Goddamn marv, i envy you. Purely because these kinda posts are the reason that makes me understand why you are listened in these games and i am not.


This post is so town in a number of ways.
Comprehensive, shows interest in getting opinion out.
Good points, so either I'm bad or we're on same scum trail

And the last post really strikes me as such a town thing to do. It's really hard to fake those kinds of posts.

Rayn is obviously trying to prove himself in this game since there are so many other good players and he has recently wanted to try to up his game to the next level.

It's dangerous to buddy Marv because that encourages doctors to save him or at least promotes him staying alive and a town marv is such a huge boon for town.

Or they're both mafia which is way more unlikely.

Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
November 01 2013 01:40 GMT
#2621
On November 01 2013 10:38 Oatsmaster wrote:
Pandain please.
Why do you want to lynch a replacement without allowing him the chance to contribute and I assume that you have changed your mind about Rayn being a dick because you havent showed anything, SO WHAT MAKES YOU THINK HE IS TOWN?

Why would I not lynch someone who was scummy before.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
November 01 2013 02:04 GMT
#2623
I'm going to address Seuss later, as I'll analyze him more and get a thorough opinion. I guess I'll also analyze Vayne while I'm at it.

As for Rayne, the thing is that that post showed clear interest in figuring out what's happening. Him even using a power on Marv takes huge balls and would be scary for scum to do. Him very poorly tunneling you is something a town Rayn would do, and he even nuked you to backed it up so it's not really fake.

Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
November 01 2013 02:08 GMT
#2625
I don't think he would help certify Marv as town that early. That's like giving free credentials to a really good scum-hunter, so people would listen to him, when you want people to doubt him.

And don't know you town Rayn is really bad 80% of the time as town.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
November 01 2013 02:15 GMT
#2627
When is the last time Rayn has ever led a scum lynch?
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
November 01 2013 02:15 GMT
#2628
He's like the definition of a tunneler, sort of like how you are doing now
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
November 01 2013 04:24 GMT
#2635
Vayne what was the purpose of your smurf?
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
November 01 2013 05:35 GMT
#2652
I really feel like Vayne is just playing me, even superior, but I'm going to give a town read to him, at least to help narrow down to find players who are playing scummy rather then scum players who are playing like town.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
November 01 2013 05:36 GMT
#2653
I read his posts and they make sense without being all right, his posts make sense from a chronological order, I liked his in-depth end post in case he got shot, and wait Vayne you got targeted by scum at night?
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
November 01 2013 05:39 GMT
#2654
Vayne do you still have a town read on Seuss?
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
November 01 2013 05:40 GMT
#2656
I'm probably totally wrong but that's okay, if I'm wrong I'll just improve as a person and player after the game.

Promethelax
WaveofShadow
Pandain
[UoN]Sentinel
Oatsmaster

Koshi
strongandbig
OOHCHILD

marvellosity
Seuss Onegu
Clarity_nl
HotCottonCandy
raynpelikoneet



So ideally, there you have it. Assuming 3 scum and an SK, that's it.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
November 01 2013 05:41 GMT
#2657
Kush I thought you thought I was scum
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
November 01 2013 05:44 GMT
#2660
I think you would be quite something to know you in private life [/spoiler] Kush.[/spoiler]

+10000 for anyone who gets the reference
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
November 01 2013 05:46 GMT
#2662
On October 30 2013 02:58 HotCottonCandy wrote:
Seuss is trying way too hard for me to vote him, changed my mind on that. Really doubt a newer player could be so quick on his feet as scum. So are we just lynching WoS? I dont know about this really. I think pandain or sentinel is better honestly. They are both in that twilight zone of low level town read but everyone refuses to vote for him for whatever reason.


You said this. What made you change, and what were you referring to? Also why is Koshi town, despite his post level I find his contributions pretty lackluster even considering what Koshi normally spams.

Do you also have a post why Oats is scum?
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
November 01 2013 05:47 GMT
#2663
On November 01 2013 14:46 HotCottonCandy wrote:
and yea pandain I got targeted by a minor scum role. just got rid of my ability to do anything with ## in front of it except vote, not that big of a deal really.


I think it's quite important. I very very heavily doubt SK has that sort of ability as it wouldn't fit. So assuming town doesn't claim about that, it proves you're town.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
November 01 2013 05:49 GMT
#2667
What's your role, Kush. Since we know what it is and I doubt you would get shot if you were anything but a Doctor or medic.
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs TBD
CranKy Ducklings96
CranKy Ducklings SOOP15
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 9485
FanTaSy 1230
Hyuk 747
Horang2 590
BeSt 466
Stork 202
Pusan 181
Zeus 97
sorry 95
Killer 94
[ Show more ]
Mind 88
Last 75
Shinee 70
Hyun 67
ggaemo 44
PianO 42
Snow 36
Bale 35
ToSsGirL 29
Hm[arnc] 28
JYJ 23
Sacsri 14
Aegong 7
EffOrt 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
XcaliburYe138
Counter-Strike
byalli1147
fl0m250
x6flipin120
Other Games
gofns35622
singsing2327
Mew2King78
ArmadaUGS74
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick686
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream137
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 58
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2282
League of Legends
• Lourlo1179
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
1h 33m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
4h 33m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 33m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 33m
Replay Cast
12h 33m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 33m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Soma vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.