• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:32
CEST 16:32
KST 23:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10031 users

Aperture Mafia 2: Episode 2 - Page 5

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
September 03 2013 15:11 GMT
#2419
On September 03 2013 23:27 strongandbig wrote:
Kita, there is one key piece of information that I don't have about your role.
Does your role reveal the names of the actions performed on VE or does it reveal their effects? Please ask greymist and commit to one or the other in the thread. If its names, we should 100% kill hassy. Dandelion's role proves that not every ability in the game has a name, but I'm willing to gamble that most do, and there's no way an action that does what hassy claims would just be called "shooting".
On the other hand, if your role reveals effects of actions, then we are in a difficult place. The more I think about it, the less reasonable it seems for hassy to claim a failed protection on VE as scum. Note that VE's role does not explain the no-flip, and neither does any action on him. so either his no-flip was an effect of whatever KP was used on him (factional power or special role that's not just a vig shot?) or there's a role which somehow conceals one player's flip without targeting that player. So here's another thing for you to ask greymist, Kita: if VE was killed by some role which had other effects than just a KP, would you still get back "shot"?
For now, I'm keeping my vote on hassy. But I want to know more about this situation.


The role PM is pretty ambiguous, but any role such as a tracker/watcher/PGO that I've ever seen is always triggered by targeting, with the exception of a roleblock. Hassy stated that he had to target VE via PM to a host, so it doesn't make sense that it wouldn't show up as "VE was targeted with the Dice of Fate" or whatever it may be. I'll try to clarify with GreYMisT if he is able to comment.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
September 03 2013 15:23 GMT
#2424
I've always thought that's a silly rule.

If you come to a conclusion based on knowledge that is available to you, you shouldn't be forced to keep it secret -_-
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
September 03 2013 15:24 GMT
#2425
s&b, in the event that Hassy were to flip town, would you want to lynch Vayne for his reaction to the claim?
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
September 03 2013 15:27 GMT
#2427
From a game design standpoint, it does make sense to provide the mafia with a tool to disrupt the passing of items that are claimed openly in the thread.

Does anyone think it makes sense for Hassy to claim medic on a failed protect as town, even if my role doesn't do what I think it's supposed to do?
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
September 03 2013 15:38 GMT
#2430
Hassy can we get a full role claim from you? Preferably sooner than later if you are town.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
September 03 2013 15:48 GMT
#2432
On September 04 2013 00:42 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2013 00:27 kitaman27 wrote:
From a game design standpoint, it does make sense to provide the mafia with a tool to disrupt the passing of items that are claimed openly in the thread.

Does it make sense there is not a tool regarding that for mafia?


A thief type role would also address that concern. Tough to say without the role list. It also wouldn't be out of the question of being a town role.

Who are your top two lynch preferences? It's not quite clear.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
September 03 2013 16:03 GMT
#2436
Looking back at the night hits, VE is a common town n1 hit/possible third party threat based on BM qt.

Dandel was the most outspoken player against geript and a lot of people already thought he was town. Although he did post the follow scum list that may of hit a bit too close to home.

On September 01 2013 20:31 Dandel Ion wrote:
geript
kita
oats
hiro
clarity


yamato as a night hit wasn't an obvious choice, but it may have been a good dodge the medic pick. He was suspicious of several people, though not too focused on a single target:

WoS, kita/Ceph/geript/Risen, Felkyr, ryan
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
September 03 2013 19:50 GMT
#2503
On September 04 2013 04:41 Risen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2013 03:32 Onegu wrote:
Another thing from BM chat I just caught a bit ago and got no response yet, master yi claimed Hiro is in BM chat. This has a ton of implications as there should be no way master yi knows hiro is in BM since I just rechecked hiros filter and there is no mention of BM.


Also this needs to be answered. I got caught up in reading other filters and this almost slipped my mind.


If this mysterious third party player has proof hiro is mafia, then he should simply claim in the thread and he can ride the town cred to victory. I'd even consider letting Hassy live to protect them (though no guarantees he will actually send in any night actions). Otherwise, we should ignore it because it's an anonymous anti-town player.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
September 03 2013 21:02 GMT
#2534
On September 04 2013 05:03 strongandbig wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2013 04:50 kitaman27 wrote:
On September 04 2013 04:41 Risen wrote:
On September 04 2013 03:32 Onegu wrote:
Another thing from BM chat I just caught a bit ago and got no response yet, master yi claimed Hiro is in BM chat. This has a ton of implications as there should be no way master yi knows hiro is in BM since I just rechecked hiros filter and there is no mention of BM.


Also this needs to be answered. I got caught up in reading other filters and this almost slipped my mind.


If this mysterious third party player has proof hiro is mafia, then he should simply claim in the thread and he can ride the town cred to victory. I'd even consider letting Hassy live to protect them (though no guarantees he will actually send in any night actions). Otherwise, we should ignore it because it's an anonymous anti-town player.


do you believe hassy that he didn't send in any actions?


Is it possible? Yes.

Is it the most likely scenario? No.

Hassy just happened to forget to send in the night action that I caught him lying about? If that's the case then it's really unfortunate game swinging mistake. Hassy essentially had two choices: either call me a liar or state that he didn't send in the action. Calling me a liar wouldn't have gotten him anywhere. Stating that he didn't send the action in is a response a town or mafia Hassy would make so it shouldn't impact our views on him.

There are currently four things going against Hassy:
1) He got caught lying about an action
2) He changed his story about how the dice rolling worked after the reveal
3) He claimed medic in the thread with no fear of being shot for an absolutely terrible reason. Why would the medic's identity be less important than the knowledge that there may have been an extra kp?
4) He has displayed no evidence of scum hunting in the thread

There are 2 things going in favor of Hassy:
1) He has a believable claim about not trusting P-Body and his role interaction
2) Claiming medic doesn't exactly make the most sense as mafia either apart from town cred

I generally have a difficult time distinguishing between mafia play and town misplay, but we have forgetting a night action, lying about the dice, role claiming without good reason, and apathy. There is just too much to forgive in my opinion to make me think he wasn't mafia.

On September 04 2013 05:03 strongandbig wrote:
are you sure we shouldn't be lynching you instead of hassy?


Yep. What do you think?
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
September 03 2013 22:08 GMT
#2554
On September 04 2013 07:01 Alakaslam wrote:
Ok.

I am in really bad reception, but I could possibly be useful I hope. See, I am not wholly powerless, due to items- I can become a vet, and I say now that I will seriously try for the rest of the game and ask you guys before I do bullshit.

Yeah, I suck at scum hunting but I can differentiate null and town. I can try to do elimination scum reads and whatnot, but for now that is what I can do.

So can I give you some townreads and nulls?

Clarity and cheesecake, cakepie and Koshi, Oatsmaster maybe, pretty sure Raynepelikoneet is. ShiaoPi has not said much, could be blending in, but green check, so null because could be Gf or reverse framed or whatnot. Risen looks ok, I'd say null. Hiropro is totally null. Geript null to scummy, he has my vote a I'm legitimately buttz about him killing Blazinghand. Coagulation replaced in and should be given time to speak before I give him anything better than null, lookin' forwar to his comments on my buttz level xD

If I don't remember you here, you are not standing out in any way and are therefore worthy of my light FoS.

I think Yamato is in this game, isn't he? He is always easy to read for other people when scum so I will let you all see to that

Oh yeah Kita too. I think Kita is so so.

And Marvellosity I totes scum this game.
+ Show Spoiler +
Made you think I got confused again didn't I? Hehe ;D




[image loading]
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
September 03 2013 22:22 GMT
#2568
On September 04 2013 07:11 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2013 07:08 kitaman27 wrote:
On September 04 2013 07:01 Alakaslam wrote:
Ok.

I am in really bad reception, but I could possibly be useful I hope. See, I am not wholly powerless, due to items- I can become a vet, and I say now that I will seriously try for the rest of the game and ask you guys before I do bullshit.

Yeah, I suck at scum hunting but I can differentiate null and town. I can try to do elimination scum reads and whatnot, but for now that is what I can do.

So can I give you some townreads and nulls?

Clarity and cheesecake, cakepie and Koshi, Oatsmaster maybe, pretty sure Raynepelikoneet is. ShiaoPi has not said much, could be blending in, but green check, so null because could be Gf or reverse framed or whatnot. Risen looks ok, I'd say null. Hiropro is totally null. Geript null to scummy, he has my vote a I'm legitimately buttz about him killing Blazinghand. Coagulation replaced in and should be given time to speak before I give him anything better than null, lookin' forwar to his comments on my buttz level xD

If I don't remember you here, you are not standing out in any way and are therefore worthy of my light FoS.

I think Yamato is in this game, isn't he? He is always easy to read for other people when scum so I will let you all see to that

Oh yeah Kita too. I think Kita is so so.

And Marvellosity I totes scum this game.
+ Show Spoiler +
Made you think I got confused again didn't I? Hehe ;D




[image loading]


Lol

That's the best I got though, if I am to remain genuine.




Try starting with the day post. Yamato was shot last night.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
September 03 2013 22:24 GMT
#2571
On September 04 2013 07:23 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2013 07:21 VayneAuthority wrote:
lol @ this last minute wagon on hassy. lots of upstanding citizens on that lynch.

Yah my vote should be negative so shove it.


So you're saying you are trying to save Hassy to ensure that you are lynched?
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
September 04 2013 00:18 GMT
#2725
On September 04 2013 09:17 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2013 09:16 Clarity_nl wrote:
You were third party when you died, still third party?

As far as I know - I didn't get a new role-PM or anything.


What was the hidden part of your role PM?

On September 04 2013 09:16 Cephiro wrote:
FUCK YES. I can still correct my reads when it counts. Unfortunately it was too late to save anyone, but this makes me proud and more confident in my play.

If there is anyone that doesn't think that Vayne & Oats need to die, speak up now.


Uhh do you know what Hassy flipped or something?
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
September 04 2013 00:20 GMT
#2731
I'd rather you just flip -_-
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
September 04 2013 00:22 GMT
#2737
Survivor reviving is terrible for us by the way. I really hope that wasn't a town action.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
September 04 2013 00:36 GMT
#2756
On September 04 2013 09:25 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2013 09:22 kitaman27 wrote:
Survivor reviving is terrible for us by the way. I really hope that wasn't a town action.

Elaborate please. I think this is a prime opportunity for town - I'm a confirmed non-scum, and I soaked up a fucking bullet for this town.


You're essentially one vote closer to LYLO for town unless things start to turn around.

However...

COME ONE, COME ALL TO WITNESS THE AMAZING MIRACLE WORKER!

For a reasonable fee, Kita will offer his funeral services to reanimate the dead!
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
September 04 2013 00:37 GMT
#2758
Sup guys

[image loading]
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
September 04 2013 13:45 GMT
#2863
Uhh so austin....where you been?
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
September 04 2013 14:49 GMT
#2868
Ehh maybe save the conversation for tomorrow if I'm around. Probably better ways to spend time.

I'll try to get a post out before the night post.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
September 04 2013 14:54 GMT
#2871
Where do you stand on ceph and WoS?
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 259
MaxPax 258
Codebar 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 63942
Calm 4135
Shuttle 2615
Bisu 1781
FanTaSy 1578
Soma 578
Mini 570
EffOrt 485
Stork 357
Rush 355
[ Show more ]
Light 292
Hyuk 255
firebathero 247
Snow 195
ZerO 159
actioN 137
Barracks 121
Zeus 82
Killer 81
hero 68
Dewaltoss 61
Sea.KH 54
Hyun 47
Pusan 44
Shinee 40
ToSsGirL 35
Bale 33
Sharp 31
Free 25
Shine 24
PianO 22
Aegong 20
Yoon 19
zelot 19
yabsab 17
sorry 16
HiyA 13
Noble 9
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8077
Dendi1032
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_106
x6flipin7
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko440
crisheroes431
Other Games
singsing2200
hiko2067
B2W.Neo450
byalli252
Hui .196
Livibee190
Liquid`VortiX156
Mew2King71
Rex37
Trikslyr26
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV253
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 41
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2221
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 43m
Replay Cast
8h 28m
OSC
1d 8h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 19h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.