• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:44
CEST 00:44
KST 07:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8073 users

TL Mafia LXII: TL Noir

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
September 11 2013 20:15 GMT
#144
On September 12 2013 04:54 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2013 01:01 kushm4sta wrote:
This game is not allowed to start yet

BITCH DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO.

should be blue step it up ziph
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
September 11 2013 20:15 GMT
#145
also no goon game pretty sweet for mafia
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
September 20 2013 20:41 GMT
#439
is there any more room or did bh take the last spot?

/in or /replacement, whichever works.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
September 24 2013 12:19 GMT
#2778
Hey brewskis! I'm Darth pink and I'm town.

I also have a problem set due tomorrow so it's unlikely I'll be able to read the whole thread. If people could link me to cases or guide my reading it would be a big help.

Truck?
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
September 24 2013 12:19 GMT
#2779
Ebwop that was supposed to say ttyl
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
September 24 2013 13:56 GMT
#2787
On September 24 2013 21:22 Mocsta wrote:
I really wish Dp stayed. That snb post makes me want to put Dp back to null. It's like he knows there's a town read on his former slot and is abusing it.


Uuugggffhhhhhhh

Trololol

Srs?
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
September 24 2013 14:19 GMT
#2789
On September 23 2013 09:51 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 23 2013 09:50 yamato77 wrote:
On September 23 2013 09:49 WaveofShadow wrote:
Look at the people voting for Sentinel though....ugh

I don't necessarily dislike any of them.


you town <3

Marv y u not ded?

Marv what's the context of this post? Why does it make yammo town? Can someone explain for me what the deal was with sentinel at the time?

Also Marv why haven't you been making arguments for why anyone is scum? You've been making plenty of arguments about why other people's arguments are bad...

Actually, I guess you did give real arguments in one or two posts about why ray was maybe scum but you hedged pretty hard... That seems townie. Is that a town tell for you? I don't think so, because as soon as you figured it out you would do it as scum too...
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
September 24 2013 14:20 GMT
#2790
On September 17 2013 18:31 Mocsta wrote:
/in

when is this starting.

p.s. I'm going to be lurking this game. so feel free to call me snb

Wtf where did this come from

Jerk
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
September 24 2013 14:21 GMT
#2791
On September 17 2013 22:24 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2013 18:37 DarthPunk wrote:
On September 17 2013 18:31 Mocsta wrote:
/in

when is this starting.

p.s. I'm going to be lurking this game. so feel free to call me snb


On September 17 2013 18:34 Koshi wrote:
The game is full. yayaya

Now we need replacements for the inactives Mocsta.


lol

If im active this game; im prob scum lol.. the appeal of a 30 player game is *LONG* behind me.

Voice mafia for the win !

"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
September 24 2013 14:30 GMT
#2796
On September 22 2013 22:41 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2013 22:20 yamato77 wrote:
On September 22 2013 18:42 FirmTofu wrote:
As much as I dislike DP's play this game, DP's response to me is making me warm up to him. It is reminiscent of classic town play.

Townies know they are town. Therefore, when people call them scum, they instinctively believe the accuser is "bad" or scum. After all, they are town and they know that the accuser is wrong. This knowledge makes them act in anger and frustration when defending themselves.

Classic thought process: "How could this asshole accuse me? I'm town! I've been playing super pro-town all game and this guy is saying I'm scum? He must be a terrible player or scum."

While DP's anger toward me could be manufactured, it feels rather genuine.

Scum DP is actually more likely to only argue the entire game than town DP is. Honestly, DP refusing to do anything OMGUS people the whole game is not a point in his favor, it is a point against. You should know better, because in Persona, he was actually somewhat useful despite there being arguments in the game.

Unfortunately, if DP is mafia, you're probably just bad. This whole situation between you and DP is entirely too convoluted for two scum to have constructed. And yes, I am calling DP mafia, for the record. He can very well play this game properly and not like a butthurt noob.

On September 22 2013 21:13 DarthPunk wrote:
On September 22 2013 21:09 WaveofShadow wrote:
On September 22 2013 21:02 DarthPunk wrote:
On September 22 2013 20:42 WaveofShadow wrote:
Hey DP, I don't know if this is your first fucking rodeo or something, but hey guess what?
People accuse each other of shit all the time! Both stupidly and intelligently alike! Welcome to mafia!

My suggestions is calm your tits and play the game without resorting to the angry tone, again either fabricated or real. Scaring FT away doesn't do a whole lot for us but it certainly makes it easier to accuse him of being scum which appears to be what you want?

Now if you please, have a look at my earlier post for me and if you have any thoughts on the matter I'd like to hear them.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=423071&currentpage=51#1005

I've played the same way for a long time. I am not changing just because you say so.

See, but that's where I don't believe you. I've played games before with you in which you were not this constantly incensed. I'll go have a look at those now, actually, because it may in fact be that as you say, you only get this way when people accuse you of being scum. That's pretty hilarious actually if true especially considering you say you're 'not meta-able.'


I do it as scum too. So no. not meta-able. Also I'm playing league. I will post when i feel like it.


Pro-tip: Don't listen to a player's opinion of their own meta. Or take "I do this as scum/town, too!" as a valid excuse for legitimately scummy play. Wave has picked up on the same thing that I've picked up on, and it makes me feel very good about this read. I rescind my early scum read on Wave.




On September 22 2013 20:45 raynpelikoneet wrote:
FirmTofu why is your play completely different from Desert?


As in, he's actually posting? This line of questioning goes nowhere, because in recent memory, FT has simply not posted and been lynched for it. As town. Questioning the difference is completely pointless. Something is off with Rayn this game. His questions are generally stupid, but he's a special kind of useless so far and it's begun to seriously bother me.




RE: VisceraEyes

Still pretty scummy and useless. Can be scummy and useless as town. Not necessarily a good lynch. His alignment will be clearer the longer the game goes on.




RE: Mocsta

Has toned down his play to some extent but his early game still bothers me. His outright refusal to respond to me is ridiculous and a pathetic excuse to not face your accuser. I think he doesn't want to argue with me because he knows I can catch him. If Mocsta was town, I would have expected a far more vehement response to my accusations than "blahblah I didn't even read Yamato's posts except for the part where he called me mafia. Totes not true."




On September 22 2013 09:57 Chairman Ray wrote:
Hey everyone, this is my first post here. Sorry I haven't been around since the start since I was pretty busy, but I'm definitely going to dedicate a few hours today and tomorrow doing my best to contribute.

This is my third game of forum mafia. I have played real time mafia as well. Even though I'm a lot less experienced than most people here, I'll pull my weight just fine and I don't expect any newbie lenience.

Last game I learned that it's quite difficult to get strong reads on people during the day. Most my reads at the start were quite off. A lot of town said scummy things, and a lot of scum were quite pro town. However during the final hour when thing started being messy, there were strong reads everywhere. So this game I will try to focus on making things very difficult for scum during the last hour. If a town ends up being lynched day 1, I want as much information to come out of it as possible.

So feel free to ask me anything and I will try to be as transparent as possible. If I see something fishy, I will definitely try to flush you out as well.


This dude is now the best lynch in the game, for quite obvious reasons.

##Vote: Chairman Ray
Btw.. this type of post is I believe, why yamato was nailed as scum by Ver in Sicilian.

Starts off with.. DP is scum.. yet ends up with a vote on Chairman.

Well done Noob-mato77

Mocsta do you still think Yamato is scum? What changed your mind?
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
September 24 2013 14:46 GMT
#2807
On September 24 2013 23:32 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 24 2013 23:25 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On September 24 2013 23:13 Mocsta wrote:
Rayn,

I'm home and here. Im fully caught up on the thread in a "thread sentiment" type of way. But not caught up on all on what it means to me.

Direct me.

I don't know what you want me to do? I don't understand. I want to hear Sentinel's reads because i think he is scum and i have no idea what he is doing if he's not. I am voting for him. I think your case on Pandain is good and i want to hear more from him. I want to hear more from Mattchew because he has done jack shit this game. I am okay with Zaragon atm (his answers to me). I would love to hear some reads from him that are not "assuming FirmTofu is scum..." because i still think that's bullshit way to present reads, associating one's own reads to an unflipped players alignment. FT could also talk about something that's not Zaragon. There is where i am atm.

OK, i was trying to do what Koshi said we were doing before (but clearly not)

buddying.. i.e. i want you to be my new DP. lets work together.

In short, I was saying, is there someone you want me to look into and provide thoughts.

P.S. my issue with sentinel as scum boils now to my last night post.. "too scummy to be scum".. do you think a guy that has been called scum by several people would CONTINUE to do the same shit that landed him on heat in the first place - if scum?

I'm pretty sure, a scummer would have changed up the gameplay by now (this all considers that sentinel had enough pressure to warrant being threatended... which I am actaully not sure is the case??)

This is bad logic
Scum can be just as lazy as town

Plus sentinel is an old school player, he'll know the ace school method of scum playing
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
September 24 2013 18:05 GMT
#2935
If Matt were scum would be really have gone after Marv like that?

Like, I mean in that particular way?
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
September 25 2013 03:35 GMT
#3198
∋(^.^)∈
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
September 25 2013 16:32 GMT
#3436
I like the change in Marv's play style since last time I checked the theeaf.

"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
September 25 2013 16:37 GMT
#3441
Cep hiro is mega lurking. Is that part of the scum read people have on him? Idk some people that's a tell for some it's not. That said I feel like a high proportion of his loads are talking about just listing things that happened. I really don't like his post where he's like "oh we lynched the cop", I feel like the townie reaction is more like "WTF man y u be cop and play bad" not "oh that sucks" but the "oh that sixs" could be scum taking a reaction.

I'm voting cephiro now but i might change depending on whether I have time to read more about other pol.

##vote: cephiro
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
September 25 2013 16:48 GMT
#3443
Why is pandaman's scum? I don't know what his alignment was yet I golden sun cause he hasn't flipped so I'm not sure how's to analyze him. I like his geript post tho
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
September 25 2013 17:04 GMT
#3449
On September 26 2013 01:52 marvellosity wrote:
Like I've made enough posts on Pandain that you shouldn't be asking s&b.

ffs.

Ok found it its like five pages of your filter afo
The cephiro case is better because I think bus filter looks scummier. But your point about not wanting to lynch firm off is good. But why does wanting to kill you and not explaining make him scum. That's not something scum would probably do? Like its not in line at all with his other posts. Not saying it makes him town because it downs make sense either but I don't see why it's one of your points.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
September 25 2013 17:29 GMT
#3456
Yeah but why is contradicting himself in that specific way a scum tell
He's not doing it to blend in with town sentiment
He's not doing it in a way that advances any agenda
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
September 25 2013 22:01 GMT
#3670
when is deadline
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
September 25 2013 22:01 GMT
#3671
okay in four hours
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta19
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE76
Nina 70
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 182
Dewaltoss 73
Hyuk 63
Noble 26
Bale 15
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm137
League of Legends
Doublelift4137
Counter-Strike
Fnx 729
minikerr3
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King79
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5505
Khaldor741
Other Games
summit1g8141
FrodaN2078
shahzam515
JimRising 319
KnowMe284
C9.Mang0255
ZombieGrub94
ArmadaUGS68
Trikslyr48
PPMD34
CosmosSc2 20
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream71
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH347
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2784
Other Games
• imaqtpie797
• Shiphtur177
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
11h 16m
Online Event
12h 16m
FEL
17h 16m
AI Arena Tournament
18h 16m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
20h 16m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 13h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.