• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:15
CEST 04:15
KST 11:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9854 users

TL Mafia LXII: TL Noir - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
September 22 2013 10:10 GMT
#1125
On September 22 2013 19:00 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2013 18:58 FirmTofu wrote:
On September 22 2013 18:50 DarthPunk wrote:
On September 22 2013 18:47 Mocsta wrote:
DP.

Do you find FT backing down indicative of a townie prodding for information and diverting course as they are satisfied.

Or scum prodding around, and diverting as shits about to get started?


I find it odd that FT thought I was scummy for being defensive. And then when I am defensive towards him he thinks I am townie. There is a real inconsistency in his narrative IMO.

I think a scum Firm Tofu would ABSOLUTELY not want to get into it with me.

Further his originally thread summary was really really off. Actually I have had some thoughts. I may construct a longer post shortly about this if you'll give me some time.

I would like to clarify my intentions here.

The inconsistent narrative was deliberate. Why? You are active. Accusing you allows me to read you better. Think rayn's style of play. By posting an inconsistent narrative, I can gauge your response as being townie or scummy in a quick, direct, and efficient fashion.

Furthermore, I can assess the extent to which you are actually scumhunting. The fact that you noticed the inconsistency makes you look more town to me. You want to find scum. You're looking for inconsistencies.


I can assure you, scum FirmTofu would buddy you until you die. You'll just have to take my word on that bit.


So, what you are saying is that you accused me falsely based on some really bad meta read. and this whole time it was, in fact, a ploy in order to read me better? is that it?

No, I accused you on a legitimate meta read that I "flavored" with some inconsistencies about your prior defensive behavior.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
September 22 2013 10:11 GMT
#1126
On September 22 2013 19:09 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2013 19:07 FirmTofu wrote:
On September 22 2013 19:00 Mocsta wrote:
On September 22 2013 18:51 FirmTofu wrote:
On September 22 2013 18:47 Mocsta wrote:
DP.

Do you find FT backing down indicative of a townie prodding for information and diverting course as they are satisfied.

Or scum prodding around, and diverting as shits about to get started?

I know this isn't addressed to me, but I would like to take a moment to address it. I hope you don't mind.

As scum, I would use DP as a tool. I know DP is respected in this community and has the ability to sway lynches in his direction regardless of alignment. Assuming DP is town and I am scum, I would latch on to DP and win his trust. Then, I would exchange reads about other players and slowly convince him to vote whoever I wanted him to vote, essentially leading him astray.

As town, I am more interested in determining his alignment.

You can see which path I chose to take.

Yeah dunno.. your posting is really reading forced to me. That alone doesn't make you scum.

I can't follow the above though, regardless of forced/non-forced consciousness... its a lot of talk.
As scum I would manipulate player X to be my puppet.. etc etc
Very few scum players have that skillset to proactively choose a player to influence; most adapt to the situation as it unfolds. So the above reads as total bullshit to me.

Fair enough. I'll give you an example. An extremely relevant one at that.

VE has basically been defending DP the entire game. DP, naturally, seems to have no qualms with VE. In fact, I'm fairly sure DP thinks VE is town.

Assuming this is true, we must conclude that DP will give VE's opinion more weight compared to the average player in this thread. After all, VE is his town read and town are usually more reliable than scum. If VE is able to convince DP to change his vote on ANYONE, he has already demonstrated that his buddying allowed him to influence DP's vote. In the event that VE is scum, VE can use DP as the voice for his vote, allowing DP to take the brunt of the blame when things go wrong.
OK, lets make this relevant.

DP ?might? think VE is town.

What does FT think VE is?

I think it's fairly obvious. I think VE is scum.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
September 22 2013 10:14 GMT
#1128
On September 22 2013 19:13 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2013 19:11 FirmTofu wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On September 22 2013 19:09 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2013 19:07 FirmTofu wrote:
On September 22 2013 19:00 Mocsta wrote:
On September 22 2013 18:51 FirmTofu wrote:
On September 22 2013 18:47 Mocsta wrote:
DP.

Do you find FT backing down indicative of a townie prodding for information and diverting course as they are satisfied.

Or scum prodding around, and diverting as shits about to get started?

I know this isn't addressed to me, but I would like to take a moment to address it. I hope you don't mind.

As scum, I would use DP as a tool. I know DP is respected in this community and has the ability to sway lynches in his direction regardless of alignment. Assuming DP is town and I am scum, I would latch on to DP and win his trust. Then, I would exchange reads about other players and slowly convince him to vote whoever I wanted him to vote, essentially leading him astray.

As town, I am more interested in determining his alignment.

You can see which path I chose to take.

Yeah dunno.. your posting is really reading forced to me. That alone doesn't make you scum.

I can't follow the above though, regardless of forced/non-forced consciousness... its a lot of talk.
As scum I would manipulate player X to be my puppet.. etc etc
Very few scum players have that skillset to proactively choose a player to influence; most adapt to the situation as it unfolds. So the above reads as total bullshit to me.

Fair enough. I'll give you an example. An extremely relevant one at that.

VE has basically been defending DP the entire game. DP, naturally, seems to have no qualms with VE. In fact, I'm fairly sure DP thinks VE is town.

Assuming this is true, we must conclude that DP will give VE's opinion more weight compared to the average player in this thread. After all, VE is his town read and town are usually more reliable than scum. If VE is able to convince DP to change his vote on ANYONE, he has already demonstrated that his buddying allowed him to influence DP's vote. In the event that VE is scum, VE can use DP as the voice for his vote, allowing DP to take the brunt of the blame when things go wrong.
OK, lets make this relevant.

DP ?might? think VE is town.

What does FT think VE is?

I think it's fairly obvious. I think VE is scum.
OK, are you going to lay down a vote.
Or is there someone else scummier?

I don't like voting when there is still information to read. While VE is my strongest scum read at page 40, he may not be at page 58.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
September 22 2013 10:22 GMT
#1131
@DP
As much as I would love to continue to argue with you, I refuse to. I'm not going to spam the thread with an argument between (probably) two townies that will serve no purpose in aiding our quest to find scum. If you have qualms about me, we can address them at a later date.

I'm enjoying this day 1. This is new. I will be sleeping now. Don't bother asking me anything until tomorrow.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
September 23 2013 02:56 GMT
#1851
I'm back at the worst possible time. ugh. Sorry, I had an extremely busy day today. Any questions for me?
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
September 23 2013 02:59 GMT
#1857
Wait what is going on, I thought the deadline is in 2 minutes?
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
September 23 2013 03:01 GMT
#1859
On September 23 2013 12:00 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 23 2013 11:59 FirmTofu wrote:
Wait what is going on, I thought the deadline is in 2 minutes?

So that's a no ok. Peace.

Yeah, I literally just entered the thread. I've still gotta catch up. Can someone explain what is going on?
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
September 23 2013 03:02 GMT
#1861
Nevermind, just saw the mod post.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
September 23 2013 03:08 GMT
#1869
I can and will redeem myself for whatever you may think makes me scum. If you have any questions for me, I will answer them. Otherwise, I will post my thoughts on the day after catching up. I do have plenty of time now and will make it my mission to finish reading the thread before sleeping.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
September 23 2013 03:11 GMT
#1874
On September 23 2013 12:10 DarthPunk wrote:
Ok can we talk about the fact that geript is going to vig me stupidly? Like, I am quite annoyed about that.

Can you please link me to the post where geript claims vig? Thanks.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
September 23 2013 03:13 GMT
#1878
Alright, will do.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
September 23 2013 04:59 GMT
#1907
geript, killing DP is such a terrible choice. Of the people who think DP is town, at least one of them is bound to be a medic. You'll probably be wasting your shot, even if DP is actually scum.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
September 23 2013 05:36 GMT
#1927
On September 23 2013 14:29 WaveofShadow wrote:
Sorry for triple post.
I'll restate my original idea---if there are flaws in it please let me know.

Basically we come up with a list of targets that should be shot into tonight. If anyone dies outside of those targets we know they are scum kills. If scum chooses to fuck with us and shoot into our targets then they are doing our job for us.

The above may seem fairly obvious but with protects going out and 'lone gunmen' acting of their own accord it's possible that we may have different than the assumed number of scum NKs so we don't want any shots getting 'lost.'

You want to create a list of people that scum shouldn't kill? Isn't that just helping scum?
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
September 23 2013 05:45 GMT
#1930
On September 23 2013 14:42 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 23 2013 14:36 FirmTofu wrote:
On September 23 2013 14:29 WaveofShadow wrote:
Sorry for triple post.
I'll restate my original idea---if there are flaws in it please let me know.

Basically we come up with a list of targets that should be shot into tonight. If anyone dies outside of those targets we know they are scum kills. If scum chooses to fuck with us and shoot into our targets then they are doing our job for us.

The above may seem fairly obvious but with protects going out and 'lone gunmen' acting of their own accord it's possible that we may have different than the assumed number of scum NKs so we don't want any shots getting 'lost.'

You want to create a list of people that scum shouldn't kill? Isn't that just helping scum?

Explain how.

You create a list of vig targets, right?

Scum now have a list of town players that they shouldn't kill. They will deliberately avoid these players because they do not want to waste a night kill shooting into a possible vig target. It makes their job to decide a NK a lot easier.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
September 23 2013 05:45 GMT
#1931
EBWOP: the NKs
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
September 23 2013 05:46 GMT
#1932
That is of course assuming that a few of the vig targets are town.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
September 23 2013 05:49 GMT
#1934
On September 23 2013 14:48 Mocsta wrote:
Ft.

Have u read the whole game yet?

Not yet, I read slowly, forgive me. I am at page 50, though.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
September 23 2013 05:55 GMT
#1936
On September 23 2013 14:52 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 23 2013 14:45 FirmTofu wrote:
On September 23 2013 14:42 WaveofShadow wrote:
On September 23 2013 14:36 FirmTofu wrote:
On September 23 2013 14:29 WaveofShadow wrote:
Sorry for triple post.
I'll restate my original idea---if there are flaws in it please let me know.

Basically we come up with a list of targets that should be shot into tonight. If anyone dies outside of those targets we know they are scum kills. If scum chooses to fuck with us and shoot into our targets then they are doing our job for us.

The above may seem fairly obvious but with protects going out and 'lone gunmen' acting of their own accord it's possible that we may have different than the assumed number of scum NKs so we don't want any shots getting 'lost.'

You want to create a list of people that scum shouldn't kill? Isn't that just helping scum?

Explain how.

You create a list of vig targets, right?

Scum now have a list of town players that they shouldn't kill. They will deliberately avoid these players because they do not want to waste a night kill shooting into a possible vig target. It makes their job to decide a NK a lot easier.

Have you ever played scum, FT?
Scum always know who they're going to kill. If I were scum this game, I know who I'd kill.
It's not going to be anyone on our list, because we wouldn't be shooting these people if they were useful members of the town. Scum wants to shoot useful members of the town.

EVEN IF we were somehow helping them by leading them towards good targets, we have an unknown number of protects. In fact, one could even argue that narrowing down their 'good shots' can be good for us because it forces them to shoot into a pool of people we will be protecting.

Yes, I have played scum and you make a fair point. Usually I do know exactly who I want to kill and why.


In other news...
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=423071&currentpage=40#793
Did no one catch this vig claim from CC or am I missing something?
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
September 23 2013 06:07 GMT
#1942
On September 23 2013 15:05 VisceraEyes wrote:
Well I intend to, but honestly I'm afraid I'm going to get lynched tomorrow and I really would rather town lynch scum. Obviously a vig shot would be better used on scum, but I think me dying to vig could be a net gain for town since the lynch is so much more important than NKs with regard to information gathering.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm upgrading you to null based on some of the stuff I've recently been reading. If you're town, get yo shit together and play the game.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
September 23 2013 10:23 GMT
#2030
Finally got some decent reads. :D

Firstly, I want to address the vigi situation.

As a vigilante you want to shoot the people who are currently useless and are unlikely to become useful in the future. I'll go through a few people and address the value of shooting them.

We have recent replacement inactives in Malongo, Deconduo, and Blazinghand. These guys deserve some time to catch up to the thread. Their deaths would not serve a higher purpose in the short-term.

Then we have people like VayneAuthority, kush, and VE. These are people that are capable of strong town games, but are currently either just trolling or posting with a subdued interest. I would say that this group of people becomes more easy to read as the game progresses, hence they aren't the best vig shots.

Tier 3 are people who are sitting in the semi-lurker category, but have some posts of substance. I would include Pandain, JAT, Mr.CC, Zaragon, Sentinel, Umasi, Stutters, and a few others I can't remember in this grouping. I believe that this group probably holds the majority of the scumteam. These are people that want to stay just above lurker territory so as to avoid suspicion. I think most of these guys would be good vig shots as long as some discretion is used.

Finally you have the completely useless. These are people that aren't trying to get better and aren't going to play better when asked. They are either hardcore lurking or posting little to no substance. Examples include Risen, Coag, and Lonemeow. Anyone who is in this category is a decent shot from a vig perspective, but is less likely to be scum than the previous category I mentioned.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft543
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta24
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft543
WinterStarcraft348
RuFF_SC2 136
PiLiPiLi 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1101
White-Ra 190
Noble 71
Hyuk 53
Bale 23
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm161
LuMiX1
League of Legends
Doublelift5190
Counter-Strike
taco 636
minikerr21
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox643
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor682
Other Games
summit1g8927
Coldzera 853
C9.Mang0311
ViBE58
Mew2King40
ArmadaUGS36
Liquid`Ken5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick750
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream89
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 99
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21439
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
7h 45m
Online Event
8h 45m
FEL
13h 45m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 45m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 45m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
INu's Battles
1d 9h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.