• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:09
CEST 17:09
KST 00:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7317 users

TL Mafia LXII: TL Noir

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
July 28 2013 21:44 GMT
#6
/obs
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
July 29 2013 05:05 GMT
#13
Is there any significance to the title being TL Mafia? Is this some sort of prestigious game where players are held to a higher standard of play? Just curious.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
September 19 2013 06:09 GMT
#356
I know this is a bad idea but...

/unobs
/in
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
September 20 2013 08:30 GMT
#415
On September 20 2013 16:15 Foolishness wrote:
This game should be starting...

...That's what I was hoping.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
September 20 2013 20:48 GMT
#441
On September 21 2013 05:43 Mr. Cheesecake wrote:
Solstice you should start the game tonight with or without MZ :o

Seconded.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
September 21 2013 21:01 GMT
#891
Ello peeples.
On September 21 2013 12:08 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2013 12:06 geript wrote:
Cos I do what I want bish.

And you want to be useless and Bad. Cool.

Why did DP capitalize "Bad"? I dun lyke sekrits so plox explain Mr.DP.


Okay, I'm done with my trolling for the day.

I see that geript and DP have engaged in a shitfest argument that is meaningless and spammy filled with ad hominem attacks. That should stop now because it is anti-town play. I like rayn for stepping up to the plate and tell geript and DP to cut out the bullshit. I think DP comes off the worst with this argument. DP has showcased a deliberate and calculted town posting style in past games I've seen of him. He is not the type to spam the thread into uselessness. I'm not saying he's scum, but I really dislike his approach so far. I think we should keep a close watch on him as the day progresses. Geript emerges from the shitfest argument in a favorable light, imo. His town play is usually spammy and meaningless during day one. Good examples include Nuclear Winter and Bluelightz(he was hydra smurf).

Still on page 30 catching up to the thread.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
September 22 2013 08:20 GMT
#1083
Okay, I'm back bitches.I've got an hour before I go to bed. I'm gonna read the thread like a detective novel ^_^ This should be fun...
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
September 22 2013 08:32 GMT
#1085
Just going to post my thoughts as I read.
(On page 31) Mr. DP is being extremely defensive. Instead of actively hunting scum, he's running around pouring water on the fire enveloping him. This is what I don't like. Town DP is someone who reads the read carefully, deliberately, and cautiously. His accusations are usually well reasoned and well timed. This is precisely why he is always a good NK for scum and has a penchant for dying early in most games.

In this game, DP is entirely different.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
September 22 2013 08:45 GMT
#1088
(Page 33) A few people are accusing Mocsta of not reading the thread and are then jumping to the conclusion that mocsta must be scum. This logic is invalid. Mocsta could be a townie who doesn't want to read the shitfest argument between DP and geript because he simply does not enjoy reading it. Reading/Not reading the thread is not really alignment indicative. What is somewhat alignment indicative is Post Count. If Mocsta was avoiding accusations and posting less when pressured, we could have a basis on which we could lynch him. Based on current information, Mocsta is rather nullish.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
September 22 2013 08:49 GMT
#1089
On September 22 2013 17:41 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2013 17:32 FirmTofu wrote:
Just going to post my thoughts as I read.
(On page 31) Mr. DP is being extremely defensive. Instead of actively hunting scum, he's running around pouring water on the fire enveloping him. This is what I don't like. Town DP is someone who reads the read carefully, deliberately, and cautiously. His accusations are usually well reasoned and well timed. This is precisely why he is always a good NK for scum and has a penchant for dying early in most games.

In this game, DP is entirely different.

Which games Have we played in together?

Persona, of course! I was scum that game. I believe we killed you night 1.

I have read a fair number of games you have played in, particularly your day 1 play. There is a reason you are known to die Day 1 in nearly every game you participate in. It's because you make scum scared. Scum fear you. You aren't scaring anyone this game. That's what I'm worried about.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
September 22 2013 08:50 GMT
#1090
On September 22 2013 17:49 FirmTofu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2013 17:41 DarthPunk wrote:
On September 22 2013 17:32 FirmTofu wrote:
Just going to post my thoughts as I read.
(On page 31) Mr. DP is being extremely defensive. Instead of actively hunting scum, he's running around pouring water on the fire enveloping him. This is what I don't like. Town DP is someone who reads the read carefully, deliberately, and cautiously. His accusations are usually well reasoned and well timed. This is precisely why he is always a good NK for scum and has a penchant for dying early in most games.

In this game, DP is entirely different.

Which games Have we played in together?

Persona, of course! I was scum that game. I believe we killed you night 1.

I have read a fair number of games you have played in, particularly your day 1 play. There is a reason you are known to die NIGHT 1 in nearly every game you participate in. It's because you make scum scared. Scum fear you. You aren't scaring anyone this game. That's what I'm worried about.

EBWOP: see bold
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
September 22 2013 08:54 GMT
#1092
On September 22 2013 17:52 Mocsta wrote:
That doesnt make him scummy FT.

I understand that meta cases aren't always the best. That's why I haven't made a case on DP and pushed him like an inbred retard (see:geript). I am simply posting my thoughts, nothing more, nothing less.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
September 22 2013 09:11 GMT
#1094
(Page 35) I don't know if OO is joking with some of his posts or he actually believes the shit he's spewing. Judgement is being reserved.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
September 22 2013 09:32 GMT
#1100
On September 22 2013 18:27 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2013 17:54 FirmTofu wrote:
On September 22 2013 17:52 Mocsta wrote:
That doesnt make him scummy FT.

I understand that meta cases aren't always the best. That's why I haven't made a case on DP and pushed him like an inbred retard (see:geript). I am simply posting my thoughts, nothing more, nothing less.


So you are posting useless shit casting me in a scummy light and then are very clearly NOT calling me scum. What the fuck is it with bad players attacking me this game.

You need to get off your high horse and step back for a minute. I refuse to indulge you and these ad hominem attacks. Maybe my meta argument is bullshit. Maybe I am completely wrong. That doesn't mean you wave your dick around like you rule the thread and every player is a piece of shit compared to you.

If you want to discuss why my thoughts are poorly reasoned, I willing to have a go at it. I will not, however, humor you if you continue to waste my time in this manner.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
September 22 2013 09:42 GMT
#1103
As much as I dislike DP's play this game, DP's response to me is making me warm up to him. It is reminiscent of classic town play.

Townies know they are town. Therefore, when people call them scum, they instinctively believe the accuser is "bad" or scum. After all, they are town and they know that the accuser is wrong. This knowledge makes them act in anger and frustration when defending themselves.

Classic thought process: "How could this asshole accuse me? I'm town! I've been playing super pro-town all game and this guy is saying I'm scum? He must be a terrible player or scum."

While DP's anger toward me could be manufactured, it feels rather genuine.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
September 22 2013 09:44 GMT
#1105
@DP
I wasn't attacking geript with ad hom, I was insulting him. There is a difference.

I'm not going to make a meta case on you. I no longer believe you are scum.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
September 22 2013 09:51 GMT
#1113
On September 22 2013 18:47 Mocsta wrote:
DP.

Do you find FT backing down indicative of a townie prodding for information and diverting course as they are satisfied.

Or scum prodding around, and diverting as shits about to get started?

I know this isn't addressed to me, but I would like to take a moment to address it. I hope you don't mind.

As scum, I would use DP as a tool. I know DP is respected in this community and has the ability to sway lynches in his direction regardless of alignment. Assuming DP is town and I am scum, I would latch on to DP and win his trust. Then, I would exchange reads about other players and slowly convince him to vote whoever I wanted him to vote, essentially leading him astray.

As town, I am more interested in determining his alignment.

You can see which path I chose to take.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
September 22 2013 09:58 GMT
#1115
On September 22 2013 18:50 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2013 18:47 Mocsta wrote:
DP.

Do you find FT backing down indicative of a townie prodding for information and diverting course as they are satisfied.

Or scum prodding around, and diverting as shits about to get started?


I find it odd that FT thought I was scummy for being defensive. And then when I am defensive towards him he thinks I am townie. There is a real inconsistency in his narrative IMO.

I think a scum Firm Tofu would ABSOLUTELY not want to get into it with me.

Further his originally thread summary was really really off. Actually I have had some thoughts. I may construct a longer post shortly about this if you'll give me some time.

I would like to clarify my intentions here.

The inconsistent narrative was deliberate. Why? You are active. Accusing you allows me to read you better. Think rayn's style of play. By posting an inconsistent narrative, I can gauge your response as being townie or scummy in a quick, direct, and efficient fashion.

Furthermore, I can assess the extent to which you are actually scumhunting. The fact that you noticed the inconsistency makes you look more town to me. You want to find scum. You're looking for inconsistencies.


I can assure you, scum FirmTofu would buddy you until you die. You'll just have to take my word on that bit.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
September 22 2013 10:00 GMT
#1117
On September 22 2013 18:51 FirmTofu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2013 18:47 Mocsta wrote:
DP.

Do you find FT backing down indicative of a townie prodding for information and diverting course as they are satisfied.

Or scum prodding around, and diverting as shits about to get started?

I know this isn't addressed to me, but I would like to take a moment to address it. I hope you don't mind.

As scum, I would use DP as a tool. I know DP is respected in this community and has the ability to sway lynches in his direction regardless of alignment. Assuming DP is town and I am scum, I would latch on to DP and win his trust. Then, I would exchange reads about other players and slowly convince him to vote whoever I wanted him to vote, essentially leading him astray.

As town, I am more interested in determining his alignment.

You can see which path I chose to take.

I would like everyone to assess which players are buddying DP and look into them heavily because they are probably playing a scum game similar to how I would play it had I rolled scum.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
September 22 2013 10:07 GMT
#1123
On September 22 2013 19:00 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2013 18:51 FirmTofu wrote:
On September 22 2013 18:47 Mocsta wrote:
DP.

Do you find FT backing down indicative of a townie prodding for information and diverting course as they are satisfied.

Or scum prodding around, and diverting as shits about to get started?

I know this isn't addressed to me, but I would like to take a moment to address it. I hope you don't mind.

As scum, I would use DP as a tool. I know DP is respected in this community and has the ability to sway lynches in his direction regardless of alignment. Assuming DP is town and I am scum, I would latch on to DP and win his trust. Then, I would exchange reads about other players and slowly convince him to vote whoever I wanted him to vote, essentially leading him astray.

As town, I am more interested in determining his alignment.

You can see which path I chose to take.

Yeah dunno.. your posting is really reading forced to me. That alone doesn't make you scum.

I can't follow the above though, regardless of forced/non-forced consciousness... its a lot of talk.
As scum I would manipulate player X to be my puppet.. etc etc
Very few scum players have that skillset to proactively choose a player to influence; most adapt to the situation as it unfolds. So the above reads as total bullshit to me.

Fair enough. I'll give you an example. An extremely relevant one at that.

VE has basically been defending DP the entire game. DP, naturally, seems to have no qualms with VE. In fact, I'm fairly sure DP thinks VE is town.

Assuming this is true, we must conclude that DP will give VE's opinion more weight compared to the average player in this thread. After all, VE is his town read and town are usually more reliable than scum. If VE is able to convince DP to change his vote on ANYONE, he has already demonstrated that his buddying allowed him to influence DP's vote. In the event that VE is scum, VE can use DP as the voice for his vote, allowing DP to take the brunt of the blame when things go wrong.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1032
ComeBackTV 838
SteadfastSC753
TaKeTV 516
IndyStarCraft 167
Rex148
EnkiAlexander 82
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 753
IndyStarCraft 167
Rex 148
ProTech141
BRAT_OK 4
MindelVK 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 48908
Bisu 2058
Horang2 1198
EffOrt 1019
Soma 597
Hyuk 596
BeSt 533
Shuttle 492
Mini 480
Light 433
[ Show more ]
Larva 340
ZerO 198
Rush 184
Leta 88
Mong 79
firebathero 76
910 59
Snow 55
Pusan 46
Sexy 45
ToSsGirL 32
JYJ 27
Bale 27
Aegong 27
Trap 26
Terrorterran 21
Rock 16
Shine 16
Liquid`Ret 13
Sacsri 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Dota 2
Gorgc7828
qojqva1241
Counter-Strike
Fnx 798
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1547
Khaldor1298
Lowko472
Other Games
singsing2005
hiko1220
Beastyqt597
B2W.Neo433
Livibee203
Hui .196
Liquid`VortiX150
ArmadaUGS131
XaKoH 129
KnowMe114
QueenE82
Mew2King78
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV193
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream80
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 12
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 24
• mYiSmile111
• Gemini_19 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 38
• Michael_bg 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3269
Other Games
• Shiphtur263
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 52m
CranKy Ducklings
18h 52m
Online Event
19h 52m
FEL
1d
AI Arena Tournament
1d 1h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 3h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.