• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:23
CEST 08:23
KST 15:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8369 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XLIV - Page 14

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 115 Next
hzflank
Profile Joined August 2011
United Kingdom2991 Posts
July 12 2013 23:30 GMT
#261
Sponge, we cannot know for sure if that was actually written pre-game so I am treating it like it was written after the game started.

On July 13 2013 08:03 Hurricane Sponge wrote:
Upon realizing the importance of identifying my own biases, I am hereby disclosing everything I think I know now. If you catch me treating you based on any of the following, ask me to support it with analysis from this game if you feel I'm being unfair or displaying bias


Why are you giving people advice on how to refute your cases against them, before you even make the cases?
Superfluous
Profile Joined December 2011
United States70 Posts
July 12 2013 23:33 GMT
#262
While I agree that we should lynch someone if they are super scummy, I'd like to point out that voting for no lynch is an option. Assuming I'm interpreting the rules/setup right, mafia only has 1 kp so there's no immediate motive for lynching such as reducing kp. It may be a stronger play to not lynch and hope that cop(if there is one) gets a turn to check before lynch. It is a risk though because I believe we are not guaranteed to have a cop. Just an idea I wanted to throw out and get your guys' thoughts on.
"Popularity Leads to Intimacy"
Chromatically
Profile Joined January 2012
United States1700 Posts
July 12 2013 23:33 GMT
#263
On July 13 2013 08:03 Hurricane Sponge wrote:

The following was written on the contingency I got Town in my role PM. I generally don't like early Day 1 town conversations because it's 100% fluff and teasing and clouds the filters. Necessary evil? Perhaps. But let's try to kick this game into overdrive early, shall we?

Why did you include this? Are you saying you wouldn't have posted this if you were scum?

On July 13 2013 08:20 Rainbows wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 13 2013 08:07 StiMaDDict wrote:
I can only look at jrkirby's post as a pressure vote at this point. He didn't seem to be the type to joke around from the pre game though.


This post is scummy. Gives a reason for jkirbys post and then casts doubt on it. U scum?

I'd be very interested in hearing your explanation as to why you honestly think this is scummy.
Umasi
Profile Joined October 2012
United States1399 Posts
July 12 2013 23:38 GMT
#264
On July 13 2013 08:33 Superfluous wrote:
While I agree that we should lynch someone if they are super scummy, I'd like to point out that voting for no lynch is an option. Assuming I'm interpreting the rules/setup right, mafia only has 1 kp so there's no immediate motive for lynching such as reducing kp. It may be a stronger play to not lynch and hope that cop(if there is one) gets a turn to check before lynch. It is a risk though because I believe we are not guaranteed to have a cop. Just an idea I wanted to throw out and get your guys' thoughts on.


My personal opinion is that no lynches are stupid, because the situation would only get worse (a nightkill occuring)
Nothing interesting and new is going to come up from a no lynch, because the only result for town is more time to read/post/talk/whatever
but we can just spend more time on the game if we want more time to analyze.
No lynching throws away the tool the town uses to root out scum.
Heck, rereading that post, you agree with the consensus, and then just talk about nothing.
That entire post was, I daresay...superfluous.

(I thought the game began at six not four)
"Sir, we finally have enough corpses to serve as a ramp for your horse." "THEN LET THE REAPING BEGIN!!"
hzflank
Profile Joined August 2011
United Kingdom2991 Posts
July 12 2013 23:40 GMT
#265
On July 13 2013 08:33 Superfluous wrote:
While I agree that we should lynch someone if they are super scummy, I'd like to point out that voting for no lynch is an option. Assuming I'm interpreting the rules/setup right, mafia only has 1 kp so there's no immediate motive for lynching such as reducing kp. It may be a stronger play to not lynch and hope that cop(if there is one) gets a turn to check before lynch. It is a risk though because I believe we are not guaranteed to have a cop. Just an idea I wanted to throw out and get your guys' thoughts on.


How does the cop inform the town without letting the scum know that he is the cop?
Umasi
Profile Joined October 2012
United States1399 Posts
July 12 2013 23:41 GMT
#266
On July 13 2013 08:33 Chromatically wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 13 2013 08:03 Hurricane Sponge wrote:

The following was written on the contingency I got Town in my role PM. I generally don't like early Day 1 town conversations because it's 100% fluff and teasing and clouds the filters. Necessary evil? Perhaps. But let's try to kick this game into overdrive early, shall we?

Why did you include this? Are you saying you wouldn't have posted this if you were scum?

Show nested quote +
On July 13 2013 08:20 Rainbows wrote:
On July 13 2013 08:07 StiMaDDict wrote:
I can only look at jrkirby's post as a pressure vote at this point. He didn't seem to be the type to joke around from the pre game though.


This post is scummy. Gives a reason for jkirbys post and then casts doubt on it. U scum?

I'd be very interested in hearing your explanation as to why you honestly think this is scummy.


I certainly wouldn't post that if I were scum, it is nothing but a good thing for town. Why WOULD he want to post that as scum?
"Sir, we finally have enough corpses to serve as a ramp for your horse." "THEN LET THE REAPING BEGIN!!"
Rainbows
Profile Joined March 2013
Germany1217 Posts
July 12 2013 23:41 GMT
#267
On July 13 2013 08:33 Chromatically wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 13 2013 08:03 Hurricane Sponge wrote:

The following was written on the contingency I got Town in my role PM. I generally don't like early Day 1 town conversations because it's 100% fluff and teasing and clouds the filters. Necessary evil? Perhaps. But let's try to kick this game into overdrive early, shall we?

Why did you include this? Are you saying you wouldn't have posted this if you were scum?

Show nested quote +
On July 13 2013 08:20 Rainbows wrote:
On July 13 2013 08:07 StiMaDDict wrote:
I can only look at jrkirby's post as a pressure vote at this point. He didn't seem to be the type to joke around from the pre game though.


This post is scummy. Gives a reason for jkirbys post and then casts doubt on it. U scum?

I'd be very interested in hearing your explanation as to why you honestly think this is scummy.


It's scummy because it's renouncing jkirbys jokepost while he gave a reason for it. He never explains why this joking around is suspicious just passively finger points.

I want to hear elaboration.
Hurricane Sponge
Profile Joined March 2010
868 Posts
July 12 2013 23:42 GMT
#268
On July 13 2013 08:33 Chromatically wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 13 2013 08:03 Hurricane Sponge wrote:

The following was written on the contingency I got Town in my role PM. I generally don't like early Day 1 town conversations because it's 100% fluff and teasing and clouds the filters. Necessary evil? Perhaps. But let's try to kick this game into overdrive early, shall we?

Why did you include this? Are you saying you wouldn't have posted this if you were scum?


Correct. I would not have posted this particular post as scum.
Umasi
Profile Joined October 2012
United States1399 Posts
July 12 2013 23:42 GMT
#269
On July 13 2013 08:40 hzflank wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 13 2013 08:33 Superfluous wrote:
While I agree that we should lynch someone if they are super scummy, I'd like to point out that voting for no lynch is an option. Assuming I'm interpreting the rules/setup right, mafia only has 1 kp so there's no immediate motive for lynching such as reducing kp. It may be a stronger play to not lynch and hope that cop(if there is one) gets a turn to check before lynch. It is a risk though because I believe we are not guaranteed to have a cop. Just an idea I wanted to throw out and get your guys' thoughts on.


How does the cop inform the town without letting the scum know that he is the cop?


That's not even specific to this no lynch strategy, or whatever
how will the cop EVER let town know the result without revealing he's a cop?
(I certainly have no fucking clue)
"Sir, we finally have enough corpses to serve as a ramp for your horse." "THEN LET THE REAPING BEGIN!!"
Hurricane Sponge
Profile Joined March 2010
868 Posts
July 12 2013 23:42 GMT
#270
On July 13 2013 08:30 hzflank wrote:
Sponge, we cannot know for sure if that was actually written pre-game so I am treating it like it was written after the game started.

Show nested quote +
On July 13 2013 08:03 Hurricane Sponge wrote:
Upon realizing the importance of identifying my own biases, I am hereby disclosing everything I think I know now. If you catch me treating you based on any of the following, ask me to support it with analysis from this game if you feel I'm being unfair or displaying bias


Why are you giving people advice on how to refute your cases against them, before you even make the cases?


Because if I make a case based on meta, that's a red flag for me and I need to re-evaluate it.

Rainbows
Profile Joined March 2013
Germany1217 Posts
July 12 2013 23:43 GMT
#271
On July 13 2013 08:41 Umasi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 13 2013 08:33 Chromatically wrote:
On July 13 2013 08:03 Hurricane Sponge wrote:

The following was written on the contingency I got Town in my role PM. I generally don't like early Day 1 town conversations because it's 100% fluff and teasing and clouds the filters. Necessary evil? Perhaps. But let's try to kick this game into overdrive early, shall we?

Why did you include this? Are you saying you wouldn't have posted this if you were scum?

On July 13 2013 08:20 Rainbows wrote:
On July 13 2013 08:07 StiMaDDict wrote:
I can only look at jrkirby's post as a pressure vote at this point. He didn't seem to be the type to joke around from the pre game though.


This post is scummy. Gives a reason for jkirbys post and then casts doubt on it. U scum?

I'd be very interested in hearing your explanation as to why you honestly think this is scummy.


I certainly wouldn't post that if I were scum, it is nothing but a good thing for town. Why WOULD he want to post that as scum?


to look town. Scum love to spew general pro town thingsvto get ez town cred..

but the meta was sexy.
Umasi
Profile Joined October 2012
United States1399 Posts
July 12 2013 23:44 GMT
#272
yeah, but rainbows
there's a problem with that
scum don't want to spew pro town crap, that's
uh
PRO
TOWN
"Sir, we finally have enough corpses to serve as a ramp for your horse." "THEN LET THE REAPING BEGIN!!"
jrkirby
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1510 Posts
July 12 2013 23:46 GMT
#273
On July 13 2013 08:42 Hurricane Sponge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 13 2013 08:33 Chromatically wrote:
On July 13 2013 08:03 Hurricane Sponge wrote:

The following was written on the contingency I got Town in my role PM. I generally don't like early Day 1 town conversations because it's 100% fluff and teasing and clouds the filters. Necessary evil? Perhaps. But let's try to kick this game into overdrive early, shall we?

Why did you include this? Are you saying you wouldn't have posted this if you were scum?


Correct. I would not have posted this particular post as scum.


But you might have posted another post starting with the same line. Or maybe you did post that as scum. But you certainly would never have said: The following was written on the contingency I got Scum in my role PM.
Hurricane Sponge
Profile Joined March 2010
868 Posts
July 12 2013 23:46 GMT
#274
On July 13 2013 08:43 Rainbows wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 13 2013 08:41 Umasi wrote:
On July 13 2013 08:33 Chromatically wrote:
On July 13 2013 08:03 Hurricane Sponge wrote:

The following was written on the contingency I got Town in my role PM. I generally don't like early Day 1 town conversations because it's 100% fluff and teasing and clouds the filters. Necessary evil? Perhaps. But let's try to kick this game into overdrive early, shall we?

Why did you include this? Are you saying you wouldn't have posted this if you were scum?

On July 13 2013 08:20 Rainbows wrote:
On July 13 2013 08:07 StiMaDDict wrote:
I can only look at jrkirby's post as a pressure vote at this point. He didn't seem to be the type to joke around from the pre game though.


This post is scummy. Gives a reason for jkirbys post and then casts doubt on it. U scum?

I'd be very interested in hearing your explanation as to why you honestly think this is scummy.


I certainly wouldn't post that if I were scum, it is nothing but a good thing for town. Why WOULD he want to post that as scum?


to look town. Scum love to spew general pro town thingsvto get ez town cred..



This is correct. In general, these sorts of posts should result in a null read in a veteran game. But Early Day 1, when it's generally assumed nothing interesting is happening, seemed like a good time to get PSA's out of the way for a newbie crowd.

The info is valuable, but it should not get me town cred. It's more important to me that there's a town consensus on the actual content of the post, not my alignment. (Plenty of time for that later.)
Umasi
Profile Joined October 2012
United States1399 Posts
July 12 2013 23:47 GMT
#275
Superfluous, please keep talking about stuff, that single post left an extremely shitty taste in my mouth
I want to get a more solid read on you. That single entrance screams scum to me though
"Sir, we finally have enough corpses to serve as a ramp for your horse." "THEN LET THE REAPING BEGIN!!"
Hurricane Sponge
Profile Joined March 2010
868 Posts
July 12 2013 23:47 GMT
#276
On July 13 2013 08:46 jrkirby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 13 2013 08:42 Hurricane Sponge wrote:
On July 13 2013 08:33 Chromatically wrote:
On July 13 2013 08:03 Hurricane Sponge wrote:

The following was written on the contingency I got Town in my role PM. I generally don't like early Day 1 town conversations because it's 100% fluff and teasing and clouds the filters. Necessary evil? Perhaps. But let's try to kick this game into overdrive early, shall we?

Why did you include this? Are you saying you wouldn't have posted this if you were scum?


Correct. I would not have posted this particular post as scum.


But you might have posted another post starting with the same line. Or maybe you did post that as scum. But you certainly would never have said: The following was written on the contingency I got Scum in my role PM.


Hahaha! Very right you are, I hadn't thought of that.
Umasi
Profile Joined October 2012
United States1399 Posts
July 12 2013 23:48 GMT
#277
Guys, arguing about the way he posted that is totally irrelevant. I got a town read from it, because it was solid shit. But nitpicking at it is not too relevant. Specifically what Jrkirby said:
On July 13 2013 08:46 jrkirby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 13 2013 08:42 Hurricane Sponge wrote:
On July 13 2013 08:33 Chromatically wrote:
On July 13 2013 08:03 Hurricane Sponge wrote:

The following was written on the contingency I got Town in my role PM. I generally don't like early Day 1 town conversations because it's 100% fluff and teasing and clouds the filters. Necessary evil? Perhaps. But let's try to kick this game into overdrive early, shall we?

Why did you include this? Are you saying you wouldn't have posted this if you were scum?


Correct. I would not have posted this particular post as scum.


But you might have posted another post starting with the same line. Or maybe you did post that as scum. But you certainly would never have said: The following was written on the contingency I got Scum in my role PM.


Of course he wouldn't say it, that'd be retarded. Why are you even bringing it up?
"Sir, we finally have enough corpses to serve as a ramp for your horse." "THEN LET THE REAPING BEGIN!!"
jrkirby
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1510 Posts
July 12 2013 23:48 GMT
#278
On July 13 2013 08:47 Hurricane Sponge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 13 2013 08:46 jrkirby wrote:
On July 13 2013 08:42 Hurricane Sponge wrote:
On July 13 2013 08:33 Chromatically wrote:
On July 13 2013 08:03 Hurricane Sponge wrote:

The following was written on the contingency I got Town in my role PM. I generally don't like early Day 1 town conversations because it's 100% fluff and teasing and clouds the filters. Necessary evil? Perhaps. But let's try to kick this game into overdrive early, shall we?

Why did you include this? Are you saying you wouldn't have posted this if you were scum?


Correct. I would not have posted this particular post as scum.


But you might have posted another post starting with the same line. Or maybe you did post that as scum. But you certainly would never have said: The following was written on the contingency I got Scum in my role PM.


Hahaha! Very right you are, I hadn't thought of that.


So then show us the post that you would have posted if you rolled scum, eh?
Umasi
Profile Joined October 2012
United States1399 Posts
July 12 2013 23:50 GMT
#279
He didn't even necessarily MAKE ONE
jesus
what are you even talking about kirby
"Sir, we finally have enough corpses to serve as a ramp for your horse." "THEN LET THE REAPING BEGIN!!"
hzflank
Profile Joined August 2011
United Kingdom2991 Posts
July 12 2013 23:51 GMT
#280
On July 13 2013 08:42 Umasi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 13 2013 08:40 hzflank wrote:
On July 13 2013 08:33 Superfluous wrote:
While I agree that we should lynch someone if they are super scummy, I'd like to point out that voting for no lynch is an option. Assuming I'm interpreting the rules/setup right, mafia only has 1 kp so there's no immediate motive for lynching such as reducing kp. It may be a stronger play to not lynch and hope that cop(if there is one) gets a turn to check before lynch. It is a risk though because I believe we are not guaranteed to have a cop. Just an idea I wanted to throw out and get your guys' thoughts on.


How does the cop inform the town without letting the scum know that he is the cop?


That's not even specific to this no lynch strategy, or whatever
how will the cop EVER let town know the result without revealing he's a cop?
(I certainly have no fucking clue)


To get this out of the way right now, if anyone has any questions such as this regarding blue roles then I suggest you talk to a coach. We are all VTs in here.
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 115 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4423
Leta 1843
Shuttle 1052
Shine 39
ZergMaN 26
sorry 22
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm221
League of Legends
JimRising 623
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King46
Other Games
summit1g7461
WinterStarcraft630
Sick185
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick508
BasetradeTV238
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1419
• Sammyuel 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2201
League of Legends
• Rush1120
• Lourlo1093
Other Games
• Shiphtur501
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 37m
Patches Events
8h 37m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 37m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 37m
OSC
16h 37m
OSC
1d 5h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.