• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:27
CEST 14:27
KST 21:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11063 users

PTP IV - Demon's Run - Page 10

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 All
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
July 03 2013 14:27 GMT
#3597
On July 03 2013 23:02 Crossfire99 wrote:
This is what happened.

Show nested quote +
Original Message From [UoN]Sentinel:
Yeah, dec put it in the spreadsheet

Original Message From Crossfire99:
you did get my action to roleblock xata correct?

Original Message From [UoN]Sentinel:
Yes.

Original Message From Crossfire99:
ARe there rolelbock notifications?


I then thought is was an elaborate ploy to mislynch me and win the game, so that's why I was so gung ho about it. I was pretty sure if we mislynched we lost, so that's why I pushed it so hard. Sorry, looking back now, I obviously wish I took a step back and thought about it more, but I didn't.


Aarghhh........ Why..... Sentinellllll........ *SNAP*

(Sigh, sorry to blame you then, but deconduo said completely the opposite... I thought for a long time that you must be scum because of that. Apparently we were both victims I guess To avoid such situations, I advice to create an exhaustive and absolute list of rules about the game for all hosts to refer to. That way nothing like this could happen.)
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
July 03 2013 14:44 GMT
#3598
ALTHOUGH!!!

I did clearly ask in the thread for host confirmation about this mess. What we got were two opposite answers by two different hosts ("no" by deconduo and "yes" by Sentinel). This could all have easily been resolved, and somewhat likely my death avoided, if it had been just made clear in the thread as I requested to begin with.

Hosts pls

(PS. I would have repeatedly demanded the situation to be resolved in the thread if I hadn't been AFK for that crucial time. Thus, I am also to blame for being AFK, although less than the hosts for contradicting each other IMO.)

(PS+. Otherwise good job hosts, but this one failure *might* have caused town to lose. I hope I don't sound too much like geript now, I'm just.... Sad, I guess. Since I wrongly suspected Crossfire99 and he wrongly suspected and pushed me to death.)
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
July 03 2013 14:56 GMT
#3600
On July 03 2013 23:49 Crossfire99 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2013 23:44 Xatalos wrote:
ALTHOUGH!!!

I did clearly ask in the thread for host confirmation about this mess. What we got were two opposite answers by two different hosts ("no" by deconduo and "yes" by Sentinel). This could all have easily been resolved, and somewhat likely my death avoided, if it had been just made clear in the thread as I requested to begin with.

Hosts pls

(PS. I would have repeatedly demanded the situation to be resolved in the thread if I hadn't been AFK for that crucial time. Thus, I am also to blame for being AFK, although less than the hosts for contradicting each other IMO.)

(PS+. Otherwise good job hosts, but this one failure *might* have caused town to lose. I hope I don't sound too much like geript now, I'm just.... Sad, I guess. Since I wrongly suspected Crossfire99 and he wrongly suspected and pushed me to death.)

The hosts did clarify. It just happened to be after your death unfortunately.


Did they (before today I mean)? In any case, after my death is almost the same as not at all.....
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
July 03 2013 14:58 GMT
#3601
Gonzaw, on second thought, can I join you on suicide watch?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
July 03 2013 15:05 GMT
#3603
Urgh... What a stupid way to die. Dunno which is worse, 1) it being (in a major part) based on a stupid misunderstanding 2) me being AFK -> ensuring that it didn't get resolved before I was already shot).

(Still better than dying to BC's Russian roulette though, I guess )
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
July 03 2013 15:08 GMT
#3604
On July 04 2013 00:02 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2013 23:44 Xatalos wrote:
(PS+. Otherwise good job hosts, but this one failure *might* have caused town to lose.


Considering the lack of a second mafia kp, a fourth mafia member, and including several town roles that the mafia had little way to deal with, I think one 1 accidental death is still pretty generous to town :p


Hahaha. Maybe. You did get Zephirdd with Gonzaw's anti-town machine, me with a host miscommunication and WOS with a town KP as well though.... Not too bad IMO.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
July 03 2013 15:16 GMT
#3605
On July 03 2013 09:39 gonzaw wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2013 09:37 Acrofales wrote:
On July 03 2013 09:35 gonzaw wrote:
On July 03 2013 09:31 Acrofales wrote:
Xatalos played okay. He wasn't great, but the only reason you thought he was scum was because his and xfire's stories didn't add up. Still not sure what happened there with the roleblocked shit, but how the hell was he supposed to claim he was roleblocked when he wasn't notified.

decon said in obs QT that roleblocks weren't notified. So essentially, it was xfire who had the wrong info, didn't check it properly, and you all piled onto Xata, who was playing quite okay when you got through the elaborate waffly way of talking.. which if you had even bothered to look at my filter, you would have noticed is part of his town meta, despite me going all raaaage at him over it.


Xfire specifically said a host gave him a PM saying RBs are notified. Xata specifically said no host gave him a PM saying he was RBed.

Logically one of them is 100% lying, those are logical contradictions. If you figure out Xfire is telling the truth then Xata is lying scum by derivation

Well....or they should be....

Why the fuck would scum be dumb enough to lie about something as obvious as this. HE LIED HE'S SCUM is soooo fucking stupid.


Dumb? No
Setting a misslynch on Xfire? Most likely


/suicide
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
July 03 2013 21:49 GMT
#3649
On July 04 2013 05:54 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2013 23:44 Xatalos wrote:
ALTHOUGH!!!

I did clearly ask in the thread for host confirmation about this mess. What we got were two opposite answers by two different hosts ("no" by deconduo and "yes" by Sentinel). This could all have easily been resolved, and somewhat likely my death avoided, if it had been just made clear in the thread as I requested to begin with.

Hosts pls

(PS. I would have repeatedly demanded the situation to be resolved in the thread if I hadn't been AFK for that crucial time. Thus, I am also to blame for being AFK, although less than the hosts for contradicting each other IMO.)

(PS+. Otherwise good job hosts, but this one failure *might* have caused town to lose. I hope I don't sound too much like geript now, I'm just.... Sad, I guess. Since I wrongly suspected Crossfire99 and he wrongly suspected and pushed me to death.)


actually this host bit is what made me shoot you in conjuction to gonza also thinking it made you scum.

I had a solidish townread on xfire based on how he was playing and gonza was clear town. It came down to geript, kita and austin. Given that I thought kita was third party and geript was confirmed scum who I thought had tardis I would have a) used a diff ability or shot austin

So had the hosts not kinda fubared the situation a bit with their pm's then you'd never have been shot and kitas day shot would have been blocked via ewok whistle, or austin shot.


[image loading]
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
July 03 2013 22:06 GMT
#3650
Well, I guess it's useless to mourn that In the end it was a chain of unfortunate events/failures/misunderstandings and not really solely anyone's (hosts', mine, BC's, Xfire's, Gonzaw's etc.) fault.

In any case, if I ever decide to host a game, there will definitely be a lengthy set of rules to refer to... So that something like this couldn't possibly happen. I bet the difficulty is on a completely new level in a PTP though, but this was about a basic rule, not something any player could decide. It all could have been avoided with reasonable precautions IMO.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
July 03 2013 22:08 GMT
#3651
On July 04 2013 05:53 deconduo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2013 03:57 gonzaw wrote:
I had no troubles with the PTP aspect of the game. I mean, I didn't really cry at night because of kita's day vig, geript's MK, the TARDIS fucking us up, etc.
Actually yes...the worst problem a PTP game can have is non-existance.......sk8 I'm looking at you

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY SOMEONE LIED ABOUT MY ROLE SOMEHOW I STILL HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON

Sk8 said he made me veteran lookout who can track people that make visits at night or some shit. That didn't sound so bad (although it being passive is kind of a drag, the most fun PTP roles are interactive).
Then hosts said they didn't change roles at all basically, other than little tweeks
....yet I got fucking vengeful-spirit townie-killer

wtf, who is lying?


This is the role PM I got from sk8:

Show nested quote +
Original Message From xxSK8rGUy277xx:
You are a Mischevious Troll!

If you are lynched, one of your guilty voters must commit suicide.

At night, you can activate your Troll Toll. If any player visits you while you are doing this, they will gain the ability "If you are lynched, one of your guilty voters must commit suicide".

At night, you can visit a player and remove the ability "If you are lynched, one of your guilty voters must commit suicide". You may not activate the Troll toll AND visit a player on the same night.

You are immune to suiciding from lynching someone.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know if it's worded correctly. But this is my ROLE! :D





Show nested quote +
On July 04 2013 04:36 austinmcc wrote:
PTP5: PY(PTP)

Everyone creates a role, roles are all in the open and get drafted?

e: With some extra roles thrown in or something.


I was thinking of doing a PYP: PTP Allstars game, where the rolelist would be taken from all the good roles in the PTP games.


Heh, nice idea IMO.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
July 04 2013 06:49 GMT
#3655
On July 04 2013 10:31 Acrofales wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2013 07:06 Xatalos wrote:
Well, I guess it's useless to mourn that In the end it was a chain of unfortunate events/failures/misunderstandings and not really solely anyone's (hosts', mine, BC's, Xfire's, Gonzaw's etc.) fault.

In any case, if I ever decide to host a game, there will definitely be a lengthy set of rules to refer to... So that something like this couldn't possibly happen. I bet the difficulty is on a completely new level in a PTP though, but this was about a basic rule, not something any player could decide. It all could have been avoided with reasonable precautions IMO.

Refers to currently ongoing Catch 22 game: cohost (me) didn't read the OP and made a mistake. Nothing major, but mistakes happen regardless of how many documents you make (and the longer they are, the more likely it is that a cohost doesn't read it )


Haha. Well, I'm always a perfectionist, but I agree that it's impossible to avoid every mistake. Still, at least MAJOR (game-changing) mistakes should be minimized somehow. A good start would be to clarify every rule question in the thread, not in PMs, IMO (at least if there's been talk about it in the thread and not solely in a question PM). Most situations were resolved in-thread here as well, but not this for some reason

In the end, I'm mostly angry at myself. Clearly BC, Gonzaw and Crossfire99 would have never started pushing me like they did without this "lie" I made. If I had:
1) never mentioned the contradiction by Crossfire99
2) been online for the 24 hours before the shot to defend myself / resolve the misunderstanding in-thread
3) appeared more clearly townish earlier on (catching a scum or even just scumhunting more like Gonzaw)
all this would never have happened either... 3 is kind of stupid though, since then Crossfire99 would have just ended up dead instead of me. 1 is.... not sure. 2 is at least a clear ticket to victory if it had really happened.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Prev 1 8 9 10 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1308
WardiTV544
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko422
ProTech132
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 7318
Bisu 2419
Jaedong 1038
BeSt 949
EffOrt 518
Horang2 440
actioN 290
Larva 251
ZerO 215
Mini 209
[ Show more ]
Pusan 122
Mind 91
ggaemo 90
Barracks 82
Hyun 68
Snow 67
Shinee 61
Yoon 54
Bale 43
Sharp 37
NotJumperer 36
Killer 34
ToSsGirL 30
scan(afreeca) 27
hero 21
Sacsri 20
Hm[arnc] 18
zelot 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 13
Noble 11
sorry 11
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc2121
Dendi1071
qojqva694
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1276
markeloff892
Other Games
B2W.Neo427
crisheroes289
hiko239
DeMusliM202
Pyrionflax183
dupreeh111
Livibee84
Mew2King65
QueenE61
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV1084
League of Legends
• Jankos1249
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 33m
Patches Events
1d 3h
The PondCast
1d 21h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.