• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:52
CEST 04:52
KST 11:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202611Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8420 users

Boardwalk Empire Mafia: Pick Your Power - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 06 2013 15:45 GMT
#1070
BLOOOW YOOOOUR MIIIIIND
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 06 2013 15:46 GMT
#1071
In the meantime you could comment on my RO case Palmar. Or not,.because the game hasn't started yet. I don't care because I can't kill you one way or the other.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 06 2013 18:57 GMT
#1094
Okay geript let's talk about this. You think I'm scum. I know I'm not. What's up?
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 06 2013 19:03 GMT
#1097
There are several reasons, but primarily among them: time. I'm in a concurrently running game, and while generally that isn't much of a limiting factor, I'm also doing a lot of stuff IRL.

Now that this game has actually started though, I'm confident my filter will be more than adequate.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 06 2013 19:05 GMT
#1098
On April 07 2013 03:59 Oatsmaster wrote:
And dont give
'the game hasnt started'
It started when ALIGNMENTS were given out. NOT ROLES.

Geddit? Now its your turn.


But that's just it - because no one was ever in danger of dying, the game had NOT started in spite of everyone receiving their alignments. Without the fear of death, there is no pressure, and without pressure there is no scumhunting. It's just that simple.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 06 2013 19:14 GMT
#1099
Palmar jumping on board the "VE's Activity = ScumVE" is incredibly suspicious...especially given his own comments during the draft/picking phase.

He also refused to comment on my RO case, but that's associative BS that really just pisses me off more than indicates his alignment.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 06 2013 19:16 GMT
#1102
You guys are fuckign retarded I posted a case on RO that no one wants to coment on yet I'm the one doing nothing. Get real.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 06 2013 19:23 GMT
#1103
Gonzaw why is my case on RO "apparently bad"? Did you even fucking look at it? All you're doing is fostering this "VE is scum" sentiment, but you yourself are completely wishywashy about my alignment. Grow a pair and come at me if you think I'm scum, or quit feeding the trolls by continuing to assert that "Oh people voting VE are justified even though I have no idea what I'm talking about"
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 06 2013 19:27 GMT
#1106
Whatever. Kill me then. I can't hunt scum while not a single person in the entire game is taking me seriously.

##Vote: RestrainingOrder
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 06 2013 19:46 GMT
#1111
On April 07 2013 04:33 gonzaw wrote:
Countdown: 7


No one comments on it because it's bad VE, and you put too much weight on it and nothing else.

Show nested quote +
On April 06 2013 09:42 VisceraEyes wrote:
VisceraEyes Pre-Dawn Lynch Preference of Wrath

RestrainingOrder - RestrainingOrder first popped onto my radar in my first readthrough before commenting on Yamato's idea. This post.
On April 04 2013 19:58 Restraining Order wrote:
The thing is denying mafia roles doesn't work too well anyways, and on top of that, if you try to coordinate it, it works even less.

The rolecop-rolevig combo alone has 2-3 possibilities on either end of the deal. (rolecop, capitalist, extractor & assassin, rolevig)
Sure, you might be a hero and get exactly the one they try to pick, but it's a crapshoot, and mafia inherently has the pickorder advantage due to possible coordination.

Rather, think about it like this: certain roles are not desireable for mafia to pick. Those roles, you don't pick early in the draft order. This includes all investigative roles (apart from rolecop), dreamflower, things like that. Not picking those in, say, the upper half, will mean more roles for town overall.
But having VTs is also very informative, so you really don't need to mind either way.

Ultimately the logic behind this post is fairly sound. But upon further inspection, you'll find that all it really does is say "planning for the pick phase is futile, and doesn't matter". Why not just say that? Why go to the extra effort of explaining it in the throes of a huge planning session when it's clear it's just going to get ignored by people who are expending effort planning? It's a throw-away post that affects nothing and accomplishes nothing.


This is irrelevant for his alignment

Show nested quote +
He proceeds to have a rather meaningless back and forth with rayn, which ultimately ends up with rayn having a scumread on him. Most of it is "You said" "No I didn't". But what I found interesting during this exchange was this post.
On April 05 2013 03:37 Restraining Order wrote:
On April 05 2013 03:33 Oatsmaster wrote:
On April 05 2013 03:31 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On April 05 2013 03:28 Restraining Order wrote:
Ok, you can keep townhunting them townreads if you want, I sent in my numbers already. They shouldn't be too obtrusive to whatever nonsense you'll come up with, so it's okay.

This is like a scumclaim.


elaborate why not wanting to discuss your plan is scummy please.

You must have forgotten, but you also think I'm mafia.


What is the town motivation for posting this? Like, assuming RO is town and he doesn't know what Oats' alignment is, what is the point of prodding Oats when he's soft-defending him like that? As scum it could serve to cast doubt on Oats if Oats is town, but what does it do if RO is town? I can't think of anything, and I found this post suspicious as hell as a result.


If you can't figure out the town motivation for saying that, you are scum or bad VE.
It's obvious what the town motivation for saying that is, and it's baffling how you both can't see it and use it to justify someone being scum.

Hint: If RO is town, then he's seeing someone that accused him of being scum defending him. This would be contradictory and thus he'd try to get some answers out of Oats. Can't get any easier than this
Hint: It doesn't make Oats scum either, since you can always think someone is scum yet think other people are attacking him for the wrong reasons
Hint: It doesn't make RO scum for not "heavily pushing" it either, because of the previously mentioned reason (it doesn't make Oats insta-scum)


The thing about RO "wanting" to kill people he previously said would basically be town because of drafting picks is valid; but it's enough to pressure him not enough to make a "case" (specially considering your previous 2 "bad" points).

Ultimately, the ONLY thing you can say against RO is that he wants to kill some people he previously said are likely town. It wouldn't be that bad if you kept pushing it (using RO's consequent reactions and responses as well) and didn't masquerade it with previously bad points.

You are free to keep pushing RO, but right now you made a single case-post and did nothing else basically regarding RO, not even commenting on his responses, which in my mind weren't even that "good", which I would think would make you...you know.....pressure him some more, considering it's the crux of your argument against him.


Speaking of which, yes, RO's comment on doing a 180 on those people and subsequent reaction is weirdly funny (by that I mean his reaction to VE's case and his seemingly "fuck you all" attitude when pressured about that previous point, along the fact he didn't really justify his change of heart before making it, but rather after he was called out, and had little evidence to show he actually did have that change of heart before and was genuine).
I'm interested in what he's going to do this day.

I'm also interested in what rayn thinks of this whole RO issue. He hasn't really commented on the VE vs RO issue at all, even when VE does point out a valid point against RO, considering rayn was tunneling the hell out of RO earlier.
rayn has turned kind of trollish and useless after the draft phase ended and that's bothering the hell out of me trying to get a read off him :/

My first point that you call "irrelevant to his alignment" is actually VERY relevant to his alignment. He's attempting to justify not doing shit while still trying to appear active. There's always a scum motivation for trying to APPEAR active while not doing anything. Why would he try to APPEAR active as town? I guess the only thing I can think of is avoiding ending up in the postion I'M in right now, but frankly I'M only in this position because I'm known as a spammer. Is RO? Then why is he trying to appear active? TO AVOID SCRUTINY!

Regarding the Oats thing, it's like a super soft defense of RO. It's not like Oats completely 180'd on RO and was saying he was town, he was questioning rayn's logic in calling RO's post a scumclaim. It was barely about RO at all, yet RO felt the IMMEDIATE need to toss shit on Oats. THAT'S what I have a problem with - presuming RO is town, WHY would he do this? Oat's isn't even attacking rayn, he's asking him to clarify his stance.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 06 2013 19:47 GMT
#1113
On April 07 2013 04:40 geript wrote:
VE I know you picked out of fear. Why?

What are you referring to?
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 06 2013 19:50 GMT
#1115
Oh cool, and you want to out my role to the thread. Neat.

Seriously fuck this game.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 07 2013 03:03 GMT
#1204
Palmar just want someone to die. Don't matter who regardless of his alignment.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 07 2013 03:10 GMT
#1207
You were right the first time. I just don't know how that makes him scum. He never fi es a shit.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 07 2013 03:16 GMT
#1209
Palmar never had a plan. He lied to make people talk and that's alignment null. Palmar bad lynch today.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 07 2013 16:29 GMT
#1353
In what way is this post

On April 07 2013 23:35 Vivax wrote:
Anyone else finding S & B scummy?


any different from this post?

On April 07 2013 10:06 deconduo wrote:
Yeah, after reading his filter again

## Vote strongandbig


You accuse Vivax of trying to "bandwagon" SnB but you yourself opened your "content" by similarly voting SnB with no reasoning. You accuse Vivax of not reading the thread, but somehow you missed the fact that gonzaw was scheduled for an earth-shattering scum-destroying case at the end of his countdown?

Palmar I'm quite interested in why you think decon is town. That feels kinda like fucking bullshit from you.

##Unvote
##Vote deconduo
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 07 2013 17:14 GMT
#1364
On April 08 2013 01:34 Oatsmaster wrote:
VE what do you think of artanis and Palmar's insistance that you arent town?

Is this two separate questions?

I'm in the middle of going over gonzaw's case on Artanis, I had kinda a town read on Artanis based on his case on geript, but that's probably because I'm irrational about geript thinking I'm scum for inactivity and I have a bad habit of just taking large posts as decent contributions without really looking at them

Palmar thinks I'm not town like every game I play with him and he's afraid to push lynches these days anyway...not so much concerned about Palmar "insisting" I'm not town.

The case against Shelvocke is another I feel like I can get behind, but again, I'm afraid I like it because he thinks I'm scum and would like to hear other opinions on him. His first post against me (^ Mafia) just seemed like a weak +1 to thread sentiment, and he has done virtually nothing besides.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 07 2013 18:22 GMT
#1371
On April 08 2013 02:33 geript wrote:
VE, what is your current read on me and why?

geript my read on you is null leaning town - the only thing keeping you from being completely off my radar is the fact that you have this odd fixation on me. I'm trying to decide if you're using your read of me as some sort of anchor in the thread (town) or if you're just tunneling to fake contribution while simultaneously infuriating me (scum). As I said, right now I'm leaning town because your thought-processes are relatively straightforward and transparent - although I have to say your recent play in The Game makes me paranoid.

Honestly I just want you to get off my NUTS bro.

I'll be back in a little while.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 08 2013 06:13 GMT
#1606
I just got back and wow. Jesus.

So...there's a lot to take in. I know I'm not much of a presence in this game, but I seriously need to reread everything before I post again. My initial thoughts before doing so: scum trying to set me up maybe? -.-

God I look horrible.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 18 2013 21:22 GMT
#4163
gg town. Thx BC/Kurumi
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta31
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 162
ProTech132
FoxeR 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2260
Shuttle 1575
Artosis 582
Dewaltoss 56
NaDa 29
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm197
LuMiX0
Counter-Strike
taco 576
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox704
Other Games
summit1g8132
WinterStarcraft362
C9.Mang0275
ViBE117
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur271
Upcoming Events
OSC
20h 8m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 7h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 14h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 16h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.