• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:49
CEST 11:49
KST 18:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11241 users

RED Team's Prize - Page 4

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
March 28 2013 22:17 GMT
#1617
On March 29 2013 07:11 ObviousOne wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2013 07:10 strongandbig wrote:
I would like some people to read OO's filter and tell me if they agree with me re: his effort to content ratio.

What's your read on Marv?


well the fact that scum shot hapa and palmar obviously makes me wonder if marv is scum

but other than that I always have a hard time reading him, and it's especially hard to tell whether or not he's town now because if he is town he would be behaving differently from normal anyway because of the personality stuff.

so basically, null but def on my list of people to look more closely at.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
March 28 2013 22:23 GMT
#1622
at least 2
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
March 28 2013 22:49 GMT
#1634
Nah we should be lunching obviousone
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
March 29 2013 02:07 GMT
#1658
On March 29 2013 10:20 marvellosity wrote:
Of course, I suddenly have 4 votes.


Of course.

"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
March 29 2013 15:00 GMT
#1720
Sure I didn't post much during the night phase but at least I was able to respond to some stuff and drop down my suspicions and reasoning on OO. I wouldn't call that "scummy lurking".

In other news, lets discuss a hypothetical situation for a minute: Marv apparently lists someone as one of his top scum reads but hasn't actually read or thought about that person's filter. Does that make Marv scum? I feel like town Marv would just be honest and say "I haven't read filters" or "I don't have any strong scum reads right now" instead of pulling them out of his ass.

Tbh current Marv reminds me a bit of "this setup is imba so I'm just gonna stop giving a fuck" Marv. That means scum Marv.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
March 29 2013 16:06 GMT
#1742
okay now that it's out in the thread
I am a one-shot medic
more specifically, I am a "vanilla townie who is also a one-shot medic."

I targeted Hapa last night. I knew from asking Kurumi that I would not get notified if Hapa was saved, but Hapa would get notified, hence the post I put up right after the deadline when I saw that only one person was dead. I thought there was a decent chance that I had guessed correctly. That's why I asked Hapa specifically if he had taken a shot, before there was any indication of missing KP.

(I posted that even though Palmar died because I was already expecting scum would have 2KP; in my experience it's pretty common in 16-player games for scum to have more than 1 KP (either from factional KP or some from factional and some from roles, but since 1KP is "balanced" for 9player games, 16player games usually have more than 1).)

Now that that's out in the open, I can explain a few things.
(1) The part of my post that Marv was confused about was a direct reference to this. There's no way that Marv misses this stuff in my filter if he actually is trying to analyze me and determine my alignment. I intentionally made it kind of oblique but clear enough to anyone who thinks about it for a second and is decently intelligent, because I was planning to claim anyway but wanted to see who was actually paying attention and who wasn't.
So yeah that's what I mean when I talk about Marv calling me scum but not actually paying attention to or thinking about my filter.

(2) (I was planning on claiming regardless because I can't use my power again and having two confirmed townies on day 2 is worth more than making scum wifom over whether their shot was blocked by a medic and whether that medic could go again).
(3) I can also explain the stuff with Acrofales's claim earlier. When Grack flipped, he flipped a role with no powers, but with a specific rolename written in blue. I am a "vanilla townie", my rolename is written in black, but I do have a power. (before someone jumps on me, my role PM includes the sentence "you win with town" so I'm not accidentally claiming third party VE-style here). So I thought it seemed likely that all of the "powerless townies" had specific role names written in blue, and all of the "town power roles" were "vanilla townies who also have ____ power" with the role name written in black. Then when Palmar went after Acro for his claim of "vanilla townie" with the role name written in green, I thought it meant Palmar had a similar role to mine and had come to the same conclusion about how role names work in this game.
Obviously when nisani flipped, it proved all of this completely wrong. But hopefully this explains some weirdness in my filter.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
March 29 2013 16:26 GMT
#1760
On March 30 2013 01:21 prplhz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2013 01:19 Hapahauli wrote:
Wait did acro role claim?

Vanilla townie in his first post.

with a green name
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
March 29 2013 16:30 GMT
#1765
On March 30 2013 01:24 cDgCorazon wrote:
SnB, why did you choose to save Hapa?


marv, hapa, and palmar have the best reputations as scum hunters in this game, meaning they're the most likely night 1 shots

it's true that hapa's reputation isn't on the same level as marv or palmar but it's still better than anyone else in this game

plus hapa was playing a very openly townie game, much more so than either of the other two likely n1 shots - he was cajoling people to participate, trying to organize people around lynch time, and keeping the thread moving and organized - so i had a stronger town read on him than i did on either of the other two.
i had a weak town read on palmar based purely on the fact that he seemed more engaged than i would have expected from scum palmar, but my town read on hapa was stronger.

plus, what town palmar brings is scumhunting skill, which is useful, but i thought what we really need is someone to organize and lead town and hapa was already doing that and i wanted him to keep doing it.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
March 29 2013 16:32 GMT
#1766
On March 30 2013 01:30 Hapahauli wrote:
Ding ding ding ding

that's worth townie points? seems kind of like an obvious thing to think
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
March 29 2013 16:38 GMT
#1771
um what?

are we not supposed to talk about the color of our names in the role pm's? I've always understood that the rule was "we can describe our role pm as long as we don't post it, screenshot it, or directly quote large parts of it."
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
March 29 2013 22:32 GMT
#1811
question for Ryan

what happened between the end of day1 and the start of day2 that changed your read on obviousone? He was your main suspect most of day 1 and you posted a case on him (and I still think he is scum) but at the start of day2 you voted for smurf and sinani
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
March 29 2013 22:37 GMT
#1813
On March 28 2013 15:53 InsertSmurfHere wrote:
Really, this seems like a bullshit reason to be calling me mafia.


On March 29 2013 03:12 InsertSmurfHere wrote:
So basically, people REALLY think I'm mafia because of how little I've scumhunted.

That's easy to fix.

More coming after the dealine, in 11 hours from now.


i can get down with a smurf lynch

but can someone point me towards the best-made case on him, just so I can fully look into it?
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
March 29 2013 22:40 GMT
#1814
sinani206
Grackaroni
Nisani201
marvellosity
Oatsmaster
Acrofales
Dandel Ion
Keirathi
raynpelikoneet
strongandbig
Palmar
cDgCorazon
Hapahauli
prplhz
ObviousOne
InsertSmurfHere
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
March 29 2013 23:10 GMT
#1827
Marv what do you say to my contention that you referring to me multiple times as one if your top scum reads but not noticing my soft medic claim means you weren't actually trying to figure out my alignment but were instead just throwing around scum reads?
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
March 29 2013 23:11 GMT
#1828
Prplhz why do you think everyone is voting for Subaru right now?
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
March 29 2013 23:13 GMT
#1830
Sinani got autocorrected on my phine
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
March 29 2013 23:20 GMT
#1834
On March 30 2013 08:14 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2013 08:10 strongandbig wrote:
Marv what do you say to my contention that you referring to me multiple times as one if your top scum reads but not noticing my soft medic claim means you weren't actually trying to figure out my alignment but were instead just throwing around scum reads?


nothing, it's dull and i've already deleted 3 posts about it but it's just not interesting enough for me to type about. Sorry.


Okay cool ##vote marvellocity

I get to do that bc I'm basically confirme town right now

Otherwise I'd accuse myself of acing you
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
March 30 2013 16:48 GMT
#2039
I don't like the idea of "using the double lynch to test acrofales's unlynchable claim." A double lynch on day 2 is a huge bonus IMO, especially with so many serious and engaged townies still alive.

To acro: if you are town, you should absolutely explain the mechanics of your unlynchable role. Allowing us to waste a lynch on verifying it if we don't have to is nearly as bad as if you got mislynched yourself.
To me, the motivation to explain yourself is so strong the if you continue to refuse, I'm going to have to assume you are lying and scum.

"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
March 30 2013 16:52 GMT
#2041
On March 30 2013 23:29 marvellosity wrote:
In other, fluffy news, my other half got me (among other things) a TL hoodie for my birthday. Woo!


Sounds like you're a bit less grumpy today

I probably shouldn't have been teasing you so much.

But in all seriousness marv, it's been over a week since personality - promise you'll stop pretending to not give a fuck if you get lynched?
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
March 30 2013 16:57 GMT
#2043
On March 31 2013 01:49 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2013 01:48 strongandbig wrote:
I don't like the idea of "using the double lynch to test acrofales's unlynchable claim." A double lynch on day 2 is a huge bonus IMO, especially with so many serious and engaged townies still alive.

To acro: if you are town, you should absolutely explain the mechanics of your unlynchable role. Allowing us to waste a lynch on verifying it if we don't have to is nearly as bad as if you got mislynched yourself.
To me, the motivation to explain yourself is so strong the if you continue to refuse, I'm going to have to assume you are lying and scum.


If you dont want to test the unlynchable claim, who do you want to lynch?


If acro doesn't say anything more about his claim (I want role name and color and flavor, all powers, how exactly his unlynchability works, how we can get rid of him if he really is unlynchable) - if he doesn't give us those, I want to lynch him because his reticence would make me think he is scum. But if we believe him, we shouldn't be lynching him to confirm him as town. If we believe his claim, we should try to use our extra lynch on people we think are scum.

Especially because I very much doubt that there will be a second-place lynch redirection, since this is majority lynch and not plurality lynch.

I think insertsmurfhere is a good choice for the other lynch.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 212
ProTech22
StarCraft: Brood War
Mind 1182
Horang2 1128
Bisu 667
Larva 533
ggaemo 517
Leta 338
Stork 287
Hyuk 144
PianO 124
Sexy 88
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 76
Soma 56
Mini 48
Killer 37
Bale 24
Hm[arnc] 20
yabsab 19
ZerO 14
sorry 14
Dota 2
XcaliburYe374
XaKoH 241
League of Legends
JimRising 330
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1411
Other Games
gofns30340
singsing951
crisheroes157
Mew2King121
ArmadaUGS46
ZerO(Twitch)2
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick563
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream158
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 33
• LUISG 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7207
• lizZardDota2295
League of Legends
• Jankos1298
• Stunt1050
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
12m
Online Event
1h 12m
FEL
6h 12m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 12m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 12m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
INu's Battles
1d 2h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.