• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:13
CEST 01:13
KST 08:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8800 users

Newbie Mafia XXXIX

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Krafla
Profile Joined January 2013
United Kingdom104 Posts
March 18 2013 13:14 GMT
#31
/in

Going to try and be a little more active this time!
Krafla
Profile Joined January 2013
United Kingdom104 Posts
March 22 2013 08:53 GMT
#101
Morning all!

Brilliant flavour!
Krafla
Profile Joined January 2013
United Kingdom104 Posts
March 23 2013 23:19 GMT
#216
Crap, I haven't voted or read anything today (it's my birthday) and I'm just about to go to bed. Uhm I can vote for myself legally right so I don't get mod killed? I'll try and make it up tomorrow, sorry!

##Vote: Krafla
Krafla
Profile Joined January 2013
United Kingdom104 Posts
March 24 2013 22:37 GMT
#251
Good Evening, sorry I've put you all into a compromising position.

Last night, genuinely I was in bed just about to fall asleep when I remembered that I hadn't voted and the day was about to end, I panicked, grabbed my phone and thought who should I vote for. I thought a vote for myself was the most transparent and truthful vote. I hadn't read any of the day, or any of the arguments, I didn't know who was up for being lynched (for all I knew it could've been me) so I thought rather than pick someone out of the hat or just jump on the person with the most votes and get called out for 'sheeping', a vote on myself said, 'Look, I'm telling the truth'. For the 30 seconds it took me to log on and tap out my message I honestly thought voting for myself was the best thing to do for the town.

In retrospect now I can see how it looks scummy, but at the same time if I'd voted for anyone else (especially considering how spread out the votes were last night) I think I would've looked even summier.

I'm going to go and properly read through what happened in Day 1 now and let you know who I wouldn't voted for, trying not to take into consideration what happened at the end of the day.

Once again, sorry. We're all newbies here though right? At least I'll know not to make that mistake again
Krafla
Profile Joined January 2013
United Kingdom104 Posts
March 24 2013 22:39 GMT
#252
EBWOP

..let you know who I would've voted for..
Krafla
Profile Joined January 2013
United Kingdom104 Posts
March 24 2013 22:55 GMT
#254
OK, same difference
Krafla
Profile Joined January 2013
United Kingdom104 Posts
March 24 2013 23:51 GMT
#255
Initially I didn't like your posting ray. I found it overly aggressive however it served it's purpose and it got some discussion going and you seemed to calm down a bit later on.

Now looking back over the entire thread, where let's be honest not much happened and there was never a consensus on anyone, I can see why the Day 1 lynch went down like it did. However in all of the posts virtu sticks out for me the most. I think Rainbows makes a few good points on virtu, especially when virtu out and out suggests that Rainbows is a Godfather, that's never going to be a clever move no matter which side you're on, surely? I think virtu realises the mistake he has made though by backpeddaling pretty quickly:

On March 23 2013 02:50 virtu wrote:
If you take the GF thing seriously, you're stupid. I'm clearly responding to your utterly ridiculous attempt at calling me scum with an equally ridiculous response. Simple as that.


It may well be a ridiculous response, but it's not even on the same level, speculating roles that early in the game.

I think the thing that irks me the most about virtu calling Rainbows a godfather is that fact that he doesn't vote for him. If you think he's the Godfather and you're town, well done, you've found the Godfather, push for him to get lynched that, GG. If you're not serious, dn't mention it, it's only going to make you look like a bad townie, or a mafia trying to cover themselves.

Virtu keeps posting and saying he doesn't have anything to add yet because nothing has happened, yet then he doesn't vote for anyone.

He's waiting and waiting to not vote, and he doesn't come back and vote. Granted I almost didn't vote, but I hadn't posted at all during the day. If I'd made a few reads on people during the first 48 hours and I'd made a few comments and I knew I wasn't necessarily going to be back for the evening, I'd through a vote out there on who I thought was the scummiest at that time. Holding your vote back so late that you don't actually use it seems to me like you're scared that your vote will reveal too much about yourself.

I think the other thing that screams virtu as being suspicious right now is that after Rainbows comes after him he doesn't attempt to defend himself. Is he preffering to not vote as opposed to vote and prove he's around and therefore have to defend himself? I guess it's a calculated risk choosing to not vote and break the rules over implicating yourself further if you're mafia.

If it wasn't the night right now, I'd be firmly stamping my vote down for virtu right now.
Krafla
Profile Joined January 2013
United Kingdom104 Posts
March 24 2013 23:54 GMT
#256
Wow there's some attrocious spelling and grammar errors in there but I think you get the jist of what I'm trying to say.

Also look at the double 'right now' in that last sentence. You know you've been watching too much StraCraft when, heh.
Krafla
Profile Joined January 2013
United Kingdom104 Posts
March 24 2013 23:55 GMT
#257
atrocious*

Dear Jesus put me down now.
Krafla
Profile Joined January 2013
United Kingdom104 Posts
March 25 2013 09:02 GMT
#264
This is very interesting!

Fishgle wasn't one of the very active members in Day 1. All he does is throw suspicion on Rainbows and ray and then defends virtu. Initially this is quite a clever mafia kill, he hasn't posted much therefore his death doesn't give us much information. However, lets think about this another way.

Is there any reason for the mafia to want to shoot him? I don't think so, unless mafia want us to believe that Rainbows and Ray are mafia that virtu is town, but that's too easy surely.

Things get interesting however considering both Rainbows and ray's posts after the deadline. Rainbows pins his colours to the mast by saying that Fishgle is his one of him main scum reads going into Day 2 and ray suggests we pressure Fishgle going into Day 2. Now unless Rainbows and ray are both mafia and they're playing the cruelest game with us (in which case we might as well give up now!) I think the mafia have made a mistake.

If the mafia hadn't shot Fishgle they could very easily have jumped on this bandwagon and likely forced a mis-lynch, yet instead they waste their night kill clearing someone's name who a few of us probably thought had a good chance of being scum. I think this is a victory for the town.

I can see the mafia wanting us to go after ray or Rainbows and avoid virtu, I can almost hear the calls of, "but look Fishgle was town and he defended virtu, that must make virtu town" so because of that I'm going to stick with my guns and

##Vote: virtu.

You've got some explaining to do mate.
Krafla
Profile Joined January 2013
United Kingdom104 Posts
March 25 2013 14:01 GMT
#269
Really Rainbows you don't think we can learn anything from Fishgle's flip?

Fishgle was basically one of the lurkers, if mafia wanted to I'm sure there was enough doubt to push through a lynch on him in Day 2. Why didn't they pick someone that's been actively scum hunting by throwing a cat among the pigeons and creating a bit of doubt in the town.
Krafla
Profile Joined January 2013
United Kingdom104 Posts
March 25 2013 14:09 GMT
#270
Reading through the 'Possible Roles' on the front page am I right in thinking that none of the possibilities are one-shot roles, because they all say, blah blah blah "Once per night", not once / once per night.

Is this intentional? Can someone please clarify for a newbie, thanks.
Krafla
Profile Joined January 2013
United Kingdom104 Posts
March 26 2013 14:30 GMT
#297
Current votes at the moment if I can count.

virtu 1 - Krafla
NW 3 - Rainbows, JarJar, TRN
TRN 2 - ray, nw

So we're still waiting on a vote from virtu?
Krafla
Profile Joined January 2013
United Kingdom104 Posts
March 26 2013 15:01 GMT
#304
On March 26 2013 23:35 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2013 23:30 Krafla wrote:
Current votes at the moment if I can count.

virtu 1 - Krafla
NW 3 - Rainbows, JarJar, TRN
TRN 2 - ray, nw

So we're still waiting on a vote from virtu?

Your vote is useless at the moment. We can switch to virtu if he fails to put something decent up when he posts. At this point there is no reason to have your vote on him.


You're right. My vote is useless at the moment, especially now that JarJar has come in and thrown his vote down on virtu, splitting the votes perfectly evenly, looks like we're heading to another D1 situation and that the mafia has us over a barrel.

Right then, I'm going to switch my vote

##Vote: TheRavensName

I've looked at ray's arguments against TRN and I've looked at Rainbow's arguments against NW and I think ray's arguments are the best.

I don't like that Rainbows is defending TRN so much, let him defend himself and I don't like the fact that Rainbows stated that virtu was his No 1 scum read on N1, yet he's voting for NW. Why are you voting for NW over Virtu Rainbows. What has changed your mind. We know how you feel on TRN, how do you choose between the other two?
Krafla
Profile Joined January 2013
United Kingdom104 Posts
March 26 2013 17:33 GMT
#317
JarJar who is your biggest read?
Krafla
Profile Joined January 2013
United Kingdom104 Posts
March 26 2013 18:11 GMT
#322
On March 27 2013 02:46 Rainbows wrote:
Ray has fair potential to be scum. He's tunneled my town read (or at least, not an entirely scummy guy) the entire game.

His aggressive posting style i like but it seems that hes heading in the opposite direction i am with it.

If virtu doesnt post or just pulls a krafla i will vote him in seconds. I'll be more than happy to take full credit for lynching that dude.

It seems like people this game hate taking stances... Who the heck are you guys' biggest scumreads, with, you know, good reasons?


Right OK here's what I think, we've got two scum in nw and TRN. They've both voting for each other to cover and spread their votes. If there's another scum in the game I believe it's between virtu and JarJar. Here are my reads.


Rainbows - I think you're town, but I think you're wrong to defend TRN.

ray - I think you're town, you started off aggressive but you've calmed down and you seem to have the town's best interest at heart.

JarJar - I'm on the fence with JarJar. You seem about as clueless as me when it comes to trying to make a reasonable read on anyone.

nw - I don't like the fact he got away without voting in D1, where I put myself in a compromising position to avoid not voting.

virtu - Same goes for virtu as nw however we've got the roleblock claim which no-one has commented on. I believe his claim partially because no one else claimed an RB. What is there in it for him to fake claim an RB. He wasn't the killer because we had a kill. Where does this leave us. His lack of posting is not helping us at all.

Right, I'm going to go drive home so I'll be away for an hour or so...


Oh I almost forgot TRN!! If you're town do me a favour and tell me who you cop checked on the first day and I'll move my vote off you.
Krafla
Profile Joined January 2013
United Kingdom104 Posts
March 26 2013 19:24 GMT
#334
Wait... my defense as town is to fake a blue claim? You better lynch me now then, I am not that stupid. Your either the cop and are trying to bait me into fake claiming so you can call me on it sense out of 9 people there is no way I can be the cop, or your trying to find out if I am cop, lynch someone else and then make me useless the rest of the game.


Ooh I'm glad you said this! So you're definitely not a cop then. Excellent. Please explain your first post;


On March 22 2013 12:16 TheRavensName wrote:
Hello guys... I'm going to use my opening post to say One thing and one thing only:


I haven't read any of the books after Chamber of Secrets or Watched a movie sense Goblet of fire. Am I going to have to wikipedia Dumbledores Army to get most the flavor text?


I believe this is a scum slip right from the start. You throw down a fake blue breadcrumb, that you're a 1shot watcher, to give you something to come back to later in the game. But hang on a minute, this game doesn't have any 1-shot roles. Whoops, guess I can't carry on this charade, lets hope no one spots it.
Krafla
Profile Joined January 2013
United Kingdom104 Posts
March 26 2013 19:25 GMT
#335
Top quote from TRN obviously. Posting from my phone
Krafla
Profile Joined January 2013
United Kingdom104 Posts
March 26 2013 19:59 GMT
#341
You're missing my point TRN. I'm calling you out because there are no one shot roles in this game. Now if you want to deny that your first post is a breadcrumb, that's fine, but it looks awfully like you're fake claiming from the start.
Krafla
Profile Joined January 2013
United Kingdom104 Posts
March 27 2013 00:10 GMT
#366
If nobodywonder flips town, I think we know who the mafia is.

##Unvote
Vote: nobodywonder
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O176
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 493
ZZZero.O 176
Hyun 157
Dota 2
monkeys_forever423
League of Legends
Doublelift3976
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4372
Liquid`Hasu443
Other Games
summit1g14220
FrodaN1547
JimRising 390
KnowMe240
Livibee194
ViBE117
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick866
BasetradeTV1
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 126
• Adnapsc2 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra1190
Other Games
• imaqtpie1007
• Shiphtur564
• tFFMrPink 12
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 48m
Patches Events
15h 48m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 48m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 48m
OSC
23h 48m
OSC
1d 12h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.