• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:50
CEST 02:50
KST 09:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7915 users

TL Mafia LX - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
February 26 2013 15:27 GMT
#896
[image loading]


Early game has been known to me for being not much serious and not very posty by many players. This early game instead kickstarted. I think an effective way to find scum in these stages is to find people who are too serious in a trolly environment and trying to look like they're posting a lot there.

Now there are voices that say that policy discussion favours mafia. Given the way people were still talking about the stupid mayor dozens of pages into the thread it also seems townies love to talk about policy just cause of the sheer amount of people talking about it. That will make it hard to identify mafia just based on policy talk alone.

What is instead possible is to categorize people into multiple classes based on the tone of their posts and also about policy interest, although mafia probably won't be findable just cause of the latter while townies talk so much about that as well.
Proceeding - chronological order:
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Me: Jokey start.
MilkSuckler: Trolly start, bait post.
WaveOfShadow: Motivational early post, announces he'll lay back and watch.
Layabout: Posts a creepy drawing, proposes the policy to lynch policy proposers.
Toad: doesn't want to be mayor.
VE: Announces candidacy, asks if he should run against MS.
Aquanim: Serious question to MS if he wants to run despite no bodyguards.
Restraining Order: Says MS didn't read, subtly criticizes pre-written post.
Toad: Talks bad about MS cause of prewritten post. Turns it into a WF support into lynching MS right after. Then unvotes and uncovers the posts' origin.
ObviousOne: Candidacy of jokey nature.
JJ: Mayor irrelevant, vote for the guy lynching the right guy.
BH: Semi-jokey candidacy, attacks JJ for previous statement.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Prom: Candidacy with serious sounding post.
BH: Explains implications of mayoral candidacy.
JJ: Expresses doubts about WF's activity.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
That is enough material to extrapolate useful information for a start. The line indicates more or less the moment shit gets serious and the joke phase is over. Pretty quickly that was.

Boring serious people: WoS, Toad, VE, aquanim, restraining order, JJ, Prom.
In between people: Layabout, BH
Jokey: Me, Milksuckler, ObviousOne

Talks about mayoral election: Toad, VE, aquanim, OO, JJ, BH
Doesn't talk about it: restraining order, me

Let's get down to business then. First of all I would like to give you my opinion about the mayoral election: I didn't give it much importance. One lynch, two votes, that's it. A townie looking guy gets elected, either a townie looking guy gets confirmed if he hits scum or townie looking scum rides the wave to a mislynch and can shake off responsibility for it.

My major interest laid in creating a nice atmosphere where we can have fun together and catch butterflies all day so that people who are scum actually feel safe to play like scum. What I've learned in past games is that people I read as scum got a valid reason to not answer questions when I actually read them as scum and called them like that.
"Oh what you call me scum you idiot fine I'll ignore you" fuck that shit.

To catch scum you have to let them feel cosy, when they think they didn't have the pressure to post for two days, then you will struck them with holy might knowing that they actually had the confidence to really play like lurky scum. When they don't know you will push for their lynch at deadline they will post more information, closer to their agenda than to the one made visible by townies.
Since town doesn't seem to want to adopt such an innovative strategy, let's move on with standard play.

Purely based on these early game interactions I've become wary of restraining order/marv given his early dead serious tone despite the comparatively low interest into the mayor candidates. He subtly shovelled shit at MS for that awesome post and fucked off ignoring most of the early opinions.
However, given his later contributions to the pardoner talk, dissuading town from following Toad's terrible plan, my read switched back to a more townie one, especially when he suggested that WoS should be elected, which I agree with. I am curious to see what else he will contribute.

ObviousOne first serious post was when he spat out his geript scumread that made me suspicious of him, I actually liked his answer, very townie cause bold along with his lighthearted early posts.

aquanim I have a slight scumread on, his early contributions consist of asking MS a pointless question and then saying there's a voting thread. He likes to pick on people like WoS and OO, who I have townreads on and are at best guilty of lighthearted and at worst clumsy play. Most of his filter looks much artificial, his answers to reads look forced. I advise you to analyse him properly and I will support a mayor willing to lynch him.

Layabout could be lurky scum. If he's town I'd like him to post more. I remember him being an aggressive pusher as town in fruity mafia.

JJ is a good lynch candidate. His attack on me for playing casually is a scum trait, and he quit pursuing me asking me a weird question about what I think. Well, after the last refresh (23:40 TL time) I see he's actually back to get me. Saying I didn't follow up after calling him scummy for what he did, too bad that I went to sleep around 3 AM and I'm spending 2:30 hours with reading and writing this post, so his argument is again scummy and not thought out.
The argument he's used didn't apply to me, but also to Toad and some other dudes. He seems to think people trying to guess smurf identities are scum, as pointed out in my earlier post.

Last on in the chronology and hotly disputed in the thread: Prom. There's a lot to work on with him.
What bothers me about Prom is his unusual lack of confidence. He came dead serious into the thread with his RNG lynch idea, but didn't actually RNG anyone at that point, and even said he would lynch himself, which is a retarded thing to do when you know you're town. When people criticized him for his behaviour regarding the RNG, he quickly switched to a WoS lynch preference.
Then he votes VE, who wants to lynch him. Again, a point towards scumprom, who would probably not want to get lynched as town, it looks like a subtle buddying attempt.

Then again, it confuses me that he's been interacting in a way with VE that suggests that he would rethink his townread on me if just VE convinced him. That was after VE said he thinks I'm scum based on association with Prom (stupid reason).
Trying to see this from a scumprom perspective, this doesn't make sense to me. A scumprom would probably try to convince VE that there is an association and that he's null or town on me to frame me for later. Instead he expressed being content with changing his read on me if VE convinced him.

I am null on Prom given how he's been handling his reads of me.

Geript looked pretty scummy to me yesterday, but since he's a newbie that might just be a consequence of that. His attacks on me cause of me being casual made me pretty suspicious, and his blabber about an agenda linked to that as well, but I don't want to lynch a newbie this early, they can look scummy as either alignment.

In retrospect I'm not really able to get proper reads out for the early behaviour since it seems that scummy people seem to be scattered across the categories, but I thought I'd make an on-the-go-attempt to use that type of analysis.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
February 26 2013 15:34 GMT
#898
The important question is:

We don't vote the lynch targets today, we vote the mayor, and to me it looks like there's lack of selection.

VE looks dead set on me and Prom. Dunno about Prom, but I'm not voting for someone lynching me.

If you vote for me, I'll lynch JJ or aqua. If anyone wants my vote, tell me who you would lynch and I will tell you if you have my support.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
February 26 2013 15:43 GMT
#902
On February 27 2013 00:39 The Macho Man wrote:
i like vivax's post


I like this post.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
February 26 2013 15:47 GMT
#903
Would have expected a scum you to try and find something in that big post you could attack.

Who do you want to lynch if it's not me?
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
February 26 2013 16:02 GMT
#907
No, that post by yours is mafia agenda bro. I'm not glorifying anything, I'm laying out my thoughts and posting my reads.

U scum?
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
February 26 2013 16:04 GMT
#910
Let's lynch milkman pls, he scum.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
February 26 2013 16:05 GMT
#912
Talks about pro-town atmosphere and fucks around my well thought out post without even going in depth into my points.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
February 26 2013 16:07 GMT
#914
Let's lynch yamato, for glory.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
February 26 2013 16:16 GMT
#919
It's obvious milkman is yamato.

Actually not sure if I want to lynch him. His head over heels blind frothing aggressiveness would mean he's likely town.
But his points are so stupid and his behaviour so anti-town that I really feel like.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
February 26 2013 16:17 GMT
#920
He's probably skimming my filter with shaking hands and heavy breathe atm.

Will probably pop in with a full-loaded case in a few minutes.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
February 26 2013 16:20 GMT
#921
Toad, you seem disinterested in communicating your own reads and happy with the thread's direction.

Am I right with this?
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
February 26 2013 16:29 GMT
#928
I think you're unusually sheepy and happy with just sitting around with your vote on VE, you're usually more "dominant" as town.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
February 26 2013 16:31 GMT
#929
On February 27 2013 01:28 The Milkman wrote:
Oh also, I misread. Vivax's post does not say VE thinks he is scum. The thought is that he bases his reads on how people perceive him, in that regard, VE thinking better about him that Promethelax.


What I meant there is that a scum prom would try to associate himself to me as much as he can instead of acting flexible with his read in front of VE.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
February 26 2013 16:32 GMT
#932
You know, VE said he thinks I'm scum based on association with Prom, and Prom then said he would check the read on me again if VE convinced him that I'm scum.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
February 26 2013 16:37 GMT
#937
On February 27 2013 01:33 MilkSuckler wrote:
JJ/iamp/Vivax
You guys have stuck up for prome.

Obviously he won't be here to mount a defense.

I have not been swayed by any of the light comments you three have made that indicate his mentality is *not* scum mentality.

As it stands: I am voting a mayor who will lynch prome.
=================
If you truly believe he is town; are you willing to provide a more reasoned defense on his behalf? i.e. more than light comments




I don't like this post.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
February 26 2013 16:39 GMT
#940
Why do you want us to write a defence for the guy you want to lynch?
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
February 26 2013 16:51 GMT
#944
You could try to convince me Prom is scum and debunking my mentioned point instead of asking me to write a defence.

Not ask others to defend someone most seem to believe to be scum.

Let's assume you and Prom are scum together, then you're currently trying to manipulate people into incriminating themselves.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
February 26 2013 17:05 GMT
#948
There are a few things I dislike about your case. These arguments for example. But it's not all, I'm not here to debunk your case anyway.

Reason x:
180' stance shifts


Reason y:
Though reads are subject to change Day1 (rapidly); prome has chosen meaningless points to base his stance shifts on. There is a distinct lack of conviction behind the thought process.


I think the points I mentioned for Prom being scum are more reliable than the ones you use, subjectively. But there is still his willingness to change read on me that leaves me troubled.

I don't want to elect a dude who thinks I'm scum either.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
February 26 2013 17:10 GMT
#950
What's so strange about that?
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
February 26 2013 17:14 GMT
#952
No, I just don't see scumprom not framing me when he has the chance to.

How about you go read my huge dump back there.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 110
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 465
Bale 38
League of Legends
Doublelift5288
Other Games
summit1g9143
JimRising 515
ViBE245
Livibee204
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick656
BasetradeTV200
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 128
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1279
• Shiphtur556
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 10m
Patches Events
14h 10m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 10m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 10m
OSC
22h 10m
OSC
1d 11h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.