• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:27
CEST 10:27
KST 17:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9473 users

Paranoia Mafia - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 All
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
December 04 2012 21:28 GMT
#1430
Your hypothetical has made me think of something interesting. Lynching WBG might just achieve my goal of setting the town back on track more effectively than Shiaopi.
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
December 04 2012 21:57 GMT
#1451
Allow me to demonstrate just how wrong you are BH.

##Unvote Shiaopi
##Vote WhereBugsGo


This whole situation is stupid. WBG should serve as a better wakeup call than Shiaopi to illustrate my point, sry bugs.
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
December 04 2012 21:58 GMT
#1455
Oh dear, I capitalized bugs' name like I do my own. Apology #2 bugs.
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
December 04 2012 21:59 GMT
#1459
That both of the candidates aren't scum, we have spent the entire day arguing between to townies when I handed you scum on a silver platter.
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
December 04 2012 22:05 GMT
#1482
They are both believable claims.
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
December 04 2012 22:14 GMT
#1505
Am I the only person believing these claims? They both make sense with the previous play.
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
December 04 2012 22:24 GMT
#1528
I believe both pairs. I think we have 2 sets of masons. They just both make sense. I have no idea how this setup could possibly be balanced, but I think both those claims were true.
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
December 04 2012 22:27 GMT
#1535
##Unvote wherebugsgo
##Vote Lazermonkey


You are going to lynch bugs with or without me, so I'm sticking my vote back on scum.
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
December 04 2012 22:54 GMT
#1585
On December 05 2012 07:50 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2012 07:48 Blazinghand wrote:
Keirathi claimed mason with WBG and they're the two scummiest players in the game. There's no way we're the scum pair, they are almost certainly the scum pair, austin.

I am currently not of the mind that there's a "scum pair."

I imagine there's more than 0, and less than 4, scum between you guys.


How convenient that we would have to kill 3-4 of them in order to confirm your theory.

Scumlist: Lazermonkey, austinmcc, zealos/xata
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
December 05 2012 00:06 GMT
#1621
Follow me down the rabbit hole if you will MrZ and BH.

Exempting yourselves, myself, and Keirathi from scum possibilities the remainders are:

    Xatalos, Sandroba, debears, austinmcc, Lazermonkey, Shiaopi


Sandroba and debears seem townie to me, you both seem to agree, let's remove them from the list:

    Xatalos, austinmcc, Lazermonkey, and Shiaopi.


If we indeed have 2 pairs of town aligned masons, then it only makes sense that there are at least 4 mafia in the game. That means there should be 3 mafia in the 4 names I just presented. But if that is true, that means that at least one or both of Xatalos/Lazer is scum. And if one or both of them is scum, it drastically reduces the chances that Shiaopi is scum with them. If you don't understand why, then do some time rereading. Take that name off the list.

    Xatalos, austinmcc, Lazermonkey

There is your scumteam.

There are two things that could throw my thinking out the window.
1. I could be wrong about sandroba and debears. I don't think I am, but it is possible.
2. You (Mrz & BH) could be mafia in spite of everything.

I would much rather confirm my thinking by lynching Lazer, but if you actively oppose me in this, it had better be because you don't agree that keir/sandro/debears are town. Otherwise I am forced to assume that you are scum.

Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
December 05 2012 00:51 GMT
#1624
On December 05 2012 09:29 austinmcc wrote:
DYH, I follow you down the rabbit hole.

But your conclusion is wrong. Or at least your scumteam is wrong.


Please, walk me through your current suspicions. Surely you have it narrowed down a fair bit yourself by now.
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
December 05 2012 01:51 GMT
#1631
So you feel that the remaining scum are in Xatalos, debears, ShiaoPi, Lazermonkey, and MrZ, to be reduced even further closer to the deadline?

I must say, your points on MrZ are reasonable. Perhaps I should not have excluded him so readily. (Especially since scum don't seem to have a RBer.)
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
December 05 2012 06:10 GMT
#1639
I had forgotten that MrZ and BH's PMs say that the other one was town (meaning they either both have to be town, or both have to be scum). That puts me back in my original thinking. Lazer needs to be lynched.
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
December 05 2012 17:46 GMT
#1651
On December 05 2012 22:19 sandroba wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2012 09:06 DoYouHas wrote:
Follow me down the rabbit hole if you will MrZ and BH.

Exempting yourselves, myself, and Keirathi from scum possibilities the remainders are:

    Xatalos, Sandroba, debears, austinmcc, Lazermonkey, Shiaopi


Sandroba and debears seem townie to me, you both seem to agree, let's remove them from the list:

    Xatalos, austinmcc, Lazermonkey, and Shiaopi.


If we indeed have 2 pairs of town aligned masons, then it only makes sense that there are at least 4 mafia in the game. That means there should be 3 mafia in the 4 names I just presented. But if that is true, that means that at least one or both of Xatalos/Lazer is scum. And if one or both of them is scum, it drastically reduces the chances that Shiaopi is scum with them. If you don't understand why, then do some time rereading. Take that name off the list.

    Xatalos, austinmcc, Lazermonkey

There is your scumteam.

There are two things that could throw my thinking out the window.
1. I could be wrong about sandroba and debears. I don't think I am, but it is possible.
2. You (Mrz & BH) could be mafia in spite of everything.

I would much rather confirm my thinking by lynching Lazer, but if you actively oppose me in this, it had better be because you don't agree that keir/sandro/debears are town. Otherwise I am forced to assume that you are scum.


Xatalos is most likely not scum. The random Shiaopi isn't scum makes no sense. If you look carefully of how the day went the most likely scenario is that he is indeed scum, given the counter wagons and the hopping out of his wagon as soon as it became clear that there was a possibility of him not being lynched. I don't agree that debears looks townie. I would put him toghether with lazer and austin as the possible remaining scum (besisdes shiaopi).
These mason claims I'm going to look into some more. 4 masons does seem like a lot, but I never before have seen scum claiming it.


What I am hearing is that you are behind a Lazer lynch tomorrow, and we can work from there.
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
December 05 2012 23:00 GMT
#1673
Why I read debears as town + Show Spoiler +
This sequence of posts
On December 02 2012 08:59 debears wrote:
I have a feeling we could confirm most of town right now.........garrrrrrrrrr

On December 02 2012 09:01 debears wrote:
My role pm is different from the two presented so far

On December 02 2012 09:03 debears wrote:
Because its different in a way scum would not know

On December 02 2012 09:05 debears wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 02 2012 09:03 marvellosity wrote:
On December 02 2012 09:03 debears wrote:
Because its different in a way scum would not know


surely if your PM is different from a townflip, that wouldn't help?

i'm missing something here


Actually nvm. I think we should save it for lylo

It could be helpful.

EVERYONE WHO IS TOWN. LOOK AT YOUR ROLE PM COMPARED TO MARV'S AND THE ONE REVEALED TO BE DP'S

DON'T REVEAL IF IT'S DIFFERENT YET. WAIT UNTIL LYLO IF NEED BE THEN REVEAL

On December 02 2012 09:06 debears wrote:
No joke I might have won us the game at lylo

On December 02 2012 09:29 debears wrote:
Ok scratch the role claim idea at lylo. I let jingle know the situation.

I don't want to break the game for a stupid role pm play.

Let's win this for real :D

This seems to me like a genuine sequence of posts. This looks to me like he looked at his role PM, realized it was different than marv's PM and DP's PM, and realized that if we mass claimed all at once it would reveal something that would confirm town. (My first thought was that if mafia got copies of role PM's instead of unique ones then a mass claim would reveal double claims, giving us a bunch of 50/50 lynches. However, I don't know what debears plan actually was, but I believe he did come up with something, and he did interact with host about it.) If you think debears is scum, then you think that this whole sequence was an elaborate lie, because it is certainly townie otherwise.


Why I read Shiaopi as town + Show Spoiler +
Lazer is scum. If you look at Lazer's filter, he has been going pretty consistantly after Shiaopi from day1. It also doesn't look like your standard distancing play from Lazer. It looks like he is actually pushing Shiaopi. So I ask you, which is more likely. Did Lazer decide early on to go with a bussing strat when there was very little reason to? Or did Lazer go after Shiaopi because Shiaopi's play so far is exactly what inexperienced scum look for in a target? The latter is far more likely.


Why Xatalos should seriously be on the table for scum + Show Spoiler +
What has Xata actually done since day1? He has played the reasonable middleground this entire game. Nobody else finds that suspicious? Look at his most recent post. He is willing to admit that austin makes sense for a scumteam, but is only willing to push him after we lynch Shiaopi. (Shiaopi flips town, Xata can freely back off his accusation of austin. Then come out with a post saying that as improbable as it is, the only team that makes sense includes BH/MrZ or debears/Sandro. Nicely deflecting at least 2 lynches away from himself, austin, and Lazer.)
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
December 05 2012 23:05 GMT
#1680
Told ya :p

GL Town!
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
December 08 2012 18:50 GMT
#2005
Well, I definitely had my share of bad play this game. But at least I shot well and my most certain scumread was actually scum.

gg
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-08 19:15:18
December 08 2012 19:13 GMT
#2007
I just couldn't let go of my suspicion of you. Even after acknowledging that I was tunneling day1 hard. I also (as marv points out in the obsqt) made an early assumption on lazer and Shiao that was false, and kept me from making accurate associations.

E: If I had realized early the scum's willingness to bus Shiaopi it would have made my case against Lazer all the more believable and would have made me less blind to Sandro.
Guts? Determination? $5?
Prev 1 2 3 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 882
GuemChi 634
Leta 308
Hyun 279
firebathero 221
BeSt 212
Soma 177
Mong 108
PianO 55
910 49
[ Show more ]
sSak 43
Bale 29
Shine 20
yabsab 19
HiyA 18
ZergMaN 14
Noble 14
Dota 2
febbydoto22
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss558
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King292
Other Games
summit1g8326
olofmeister964
ceh9548
JimRising 479
KnowMe75
Trikslyr20
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick468
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast36
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos516
• Stunt445
Other Games
• Shiphtur484
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
2h 33m
Patches Events
7h 33m
The PondCast
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 2h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.