• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:19
CEST 16:19
KST 23:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8674 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XXVII - Page 66

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 64 65 66 67 68 78 Next
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
September 25 2012 20:36 GMT
#1301
EBWOP: Also, I didn't even flame you, Kush.
And you claimed JK within ~10 hours in our past adventure together.
So you definetly deserve a lot of flame.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
debears
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2516 Posts
September 25 2012 20:37 GMT
#1302
@Thrawn

You attack atreides, dandel, and then me all in one day. Now, I'm obviously the scummiest? your main point against me is my defense post. The part about defending the last poster lynch was something that sonic admitted being mistaken about after i kept explaining it to him. The rest is stuff that you called a no read in the beginning. Now, when i accuse you of scum yiu finally change your opinion of the matter? That doesnt make sense. In fact it feels OMGUS to me.

. I said early on I was going through your filter. I did it to double check my early claim of you. I went trhiugh your whole filter, writing down your significant posts. At the end, i looked back at all of it put together. Itd all be way coincidental. I find it highly unlikely that the mafia would defend one of their own at this point of the game. That would be a stupid thing to risk.
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
September 25 2012 20:38 GMT
#1303
On September 26 2012 05:37 debears wrote:
@Thrawn

You attack atreides, dandel, and then me all in one day. Now, I'm obviously the scummiest? your main point against me is my defense post. The part about defending the last poster lynch was something that sonic admitted being mistaken about after i kept explaining it to him. The rest is stuff that you called a no read in the beginning. Now, when i accuse you of scum yiu finally change your opinion of the matter? That doesnt make sense. In fact it feels OMGUS to me.

. I said early on I was going through your filter. I did it to double check my early claim of you. I went trhiugh your whole filter, writing down your significant posts. At the end, i looked back at all of it put together. Itd all be way coincidental. I find it highly unlikely that the mafia would defend one of their own at this point of the game. That would be a stupid thing to risk.

How do you explain Jacob The Defender Of Worlds, then?
A backwards poet writes inverse.
debears
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2516 Posts
September 25 2012 20:39 GMT
#1304
Ugh this is hardbposting on my phone.

One more thing. Of course i have doubts. I don't know 100% if you're scum. But the evidence against you makes too much sense. You are the best candidate. That's why i am voting for you
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
September 25 2012 20:41 GMT
#1305
why would you say you "find it highly unlikely that the mafia would defend one of their own at this point of the game" as a defense?

if you are town wouldn't you know that you're not scum? "if i were mafia" defenses come from mafia players
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
September 25 2012 20:46 GMT
#1306
changing my opinion is.... something that can happen. i originally didn't see how it was really strange that you were claiming town on me that early on.... thinking back I was probably just glad that somebody else was agreeing with me when nobody else was. but now.... it's pretty obvious that a town player is suspicious of everything and everyone, while a mafia isn't. you come into the thread with your first read of the game and it's a long post declaring how townie I was
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
September 25 2012 20:48 GMT
#1307
and it wasn't only about my "lurk last lyncher" idea, your post was a big ole list of stuff I was town for doing
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
September 25 2012 20:48 GMT
#1308
edit: "lynch last lurker"
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
debears
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2516 Posts
September 25 2012 21:00 GMT
#1309
On September 18 2012 22:42 debears wrote:
To me, thrawn is giving a town read at this point.

+ Show Spoiler +
thrawn2112

Yeah I agree, there's not much else to add other than that lurkers are assholes and they are going to lurk whether there is strong support of a lurker lynch policy or not... especially in these newbie games.

So on to more important matters, here's an idea:

last person in the thread gets lynched


A couple of you (SDM for instance) are concentrating at how stupid an idea lynching the last person is. Let's look at motivations for this:
1) Thrawn as town - prevent the lurker discussion from going overboard. Present an idea that should provoke an "you're an idiot" response from town members (with a long shot of some mafia jumping on him about the idea).
2) Thrawn as mafia - Put up an idea that a thinking town would take seriously, make himself look suspcicious. Possibly lynch the most inactive player if it works.

The idea has far superior town motives.

remember that Thrawn didn't linger on the idea. He dropped it after the responses were pretty clear on it. SDM did

+ Show Spoiler +
Sonic Death Monkey Sweden. September 18 2012 15:12.

Is this question serious?


I think Thrawn has sufficiently answered the question.

I also believe that thrawn's defense of kush earlier was not indicative of scum.
+ Show Spoiler +
thrawn2112 United States. September 18 2012 12:36. Posts 1077
So him having that anti-lurker opinion is not anything that would be a strong tell in either the town or mafia direction


The argument that Remedy was more of a shot in the dark, seeing as all of us hate lurkers. Thrawn dismissed a possibly dumb argument before a giant flame war started (kush did give warning earlier).

I also support thrawn's logic with drazak:
+ Show Spoiler +
thrawn2112 United States. September 18 2012 14:45. Posts 1077
On September 18 2012 13:49 drazak wrote:
I'm already accused of being trashy town? Really Kush? Man, you're prejudiced right off the bat. I know you can post while you're at work and stuff, but I can't post in class and I can't post when I'm tutoring people. If you'd like I can sleep-post and it'll be really bad. Sorry if my posts last game weren't up to your posting standard kush.

For the record, I might not post consistently at different times, and maybe I'll push agressively against someone, my reasons will usually be good. I'd ask that people use their own logic after reading my posts, look at the evidence provided and use your logic. Last game we had a lot of people not thinking for themselves, I'll be going to bed soon so don't expect another post from me. I'll probably post in the morning, and I think I'll post before tutoring, but I don't think I'll be posting until maybe this time tomorrow again after that.


My thoughts while reading this: "man this guy is going out of his way to defend himself when there's no need to"


Thrawn is currently not timid about calling people out within reason.
To add to the argument, drazak's post also sounds indecisive. might, maybe, probably, think. While that alone is not anywhere near enough to condemn someone, it does raise suspicion on drazak.

I think thrawn is town. Anyone with evidence pointing otherwise, please present.


Here is the post i made. Note how the main part of my post is my take of the accusations against you about the lurker post that you made. It was a main discussion point of the time, as you have pointed out. The rest was a few sentences on other posts you made that read town. It was an early post. In no way was it a "thrawn is a confirmed town" poin. It was simply a read.

thinking back I was probably just glad that somebody else was agreeing with me when nobody else was. but now.... it's pretty obvious that a town player is suspicious of everything and everyone

Ok thrawn. Another contradiction from you. If you were town, Why weren't you suspicious of me. You wouldnt have been glad that someone was agreeing with you. You would have been suspicious of me.
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
September 25 2012 21:06 GMT
#1310
Actually I did say this:

On September 19 2012 03:42 thrawn2112 wrote:About debears: I'll read his filter and point out what I think about it, but for now the thing that struck me as odd was the line:
Show nested quote +
On September 18 2012 22:42 debears wrote:I think thrawn is town. Anyone with evidence pointing otherwise, please present.

I don't see why he is making it such a huge goal for town to establish if I am 100% town or not. Seems a little too off topic from the whole scumhunting thing.


Other than that I said I had a null to townish read on you.

So yes. I did think it was suspicious of how much you were going out of your way to talk about me being town, but other than that I had a null-town read.
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
debears
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2516 Posts
September 25 2012 21:11 GMT
#1311
So you were suspicious but you had a town read on me later?
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
September 25 2012 21:15 GMT
#1312
yes. why is that scummy please tell me

have you never changed your mind about anything?

and why can't I find one thing a little suspicious but not see any problems with the rest of it
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
September 25 2012 21:19 GMT
#1313
who all is here?
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
September 25 2012 21:20 GMT
#1314
I am, but you didn't claim SK yet.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Atreides-
Profile Joined June 2009
United States103 Posts
September 25 2012 21:21 GMT
#1315
Looks like we're set on lynching thrawn, which is good. As mentioned, by now the opposition against him is so strong that even mafia will join in.

If thrawn flips red, I have a strong feeling that debears will be town. He was the first to join me against thrawn. Without his post and vote I don't think the bandwagon would be nearly as strong right now.

What we should think about, though, is what to do after thrawn flips red. Killing and dandel joined the bandwagon late, and without any input of their own. Jacob has posted a lot but has said little of importance. I think jacob looks the worst out of these three, skimming through the past game he was town and more confident in his opinions.
debears
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2516 Posts
September 25 2012 21:21 GMT
#1316
Because the basis for your argument on me is my town read on you, which was a suspicious null read according to you. Do you see what i mean?
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
September 25 2012 21:23 GMT
#1317
how does that factor into your vote for me or debears?. who out of us do you think is scummier?

or even jacob for that matter. No clue at all why'd he'd vote for kush when we're at mylo and kush is like the least likely person to be lynched. other than sharky of course. well maybe not.
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
September 25 2012 21:25 GMT
#1318
On September 26 2012 06:21 Atreides- wrote:What we should think about, though, is what to do after thrawn flips red.


oh dear lord

what you should be thinking about is if you should be lynching thrawn
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Atreides-
Profile Joined June 2009
United States103 Posts
September 25 2012 21:28 GMT
#1319
haha, well that's just a matter of opinion
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
September 25 2012 21:29 GMT
#1320
On September 26 2012 06:28 Atreides- wrote:
haha, well that's just a matter of opinion


not if you're town?
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Prev 1 64 65 66 67 68 78 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech125
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5536
Bisu 3045
Soulkey 1209
Jaedong 1023
Horang2 616
EffOrt 571
Mini 403
actioN 362
Larva 326
ZerO 247
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 236
Mind 95
Pusan 85
Sea.KH 78
Shinee 76
Sharp 76
hero 72
Dewaltoss 67
Snow 62
Hyun 56
sorry 52
Barracks 44
Bale 44
ToSsGirL 35
Sacsri 22
scan(afreeca) 18
Trap 18
NaDa 15
Rock 14
Terrorterran 13
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
zelot 8
Icarus 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4835
qojqva2970
Dendi1081
Counter-Strike
Fnx 572
fl0m0
Other Games
olofmeister1222
hiko938
B2W.Neo753
Lowko349
crisheroes270
DeMusliM265
Pyrionflax216
XBOCT198
Hui .192
Livibee165
Liquid`VortiX152
QueenE86
Mew2King46
Liquid`RaSZi35
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 1083
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 50
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV649
League of Legends
• Nemesis2507
• Jankos1995
Other Games
• Shiphtur151
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 41m
Patches Events
1d 1h
The PondCast
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.