• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:42
CEST 00:42
KST 07:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8484 users

GSL Open Mini Mafia - Page 6

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 10 Next All
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 09 2012 20:14 GMT
#493
so, where's prplhz?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 09 2012 20:35 GMT
#495
Oh, about the scum meta? Well, I provided two other mini games than Dwarf for people to look at, and I thought my opinion was pretty clear about it (partly why i want to know where he is now).

My vote is on Zeph, what do you want to know?

vader looks bad for reasons BL stated.

BL looks bad but that's BL for you. It's entirely unsurprising to me that he would not have a proper scumread to vote on day 1 - see my meta analysis of him in NMM3, i.e where he produced a spreadsheet of near-universal townreads when in line for the (mis)lynch I was leading on him at the time.

Back to Zeph for a moment, he rolled scum in Mad Men, NMM2, and PTP3... from my perspective it makes sense that he's not able to give this game his all. I know when I've rolled scum a couple of times in succession it drains me. If he's town, I would have expected him to be eager to get stuck into playing town this game.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 09 2012 22:01 GMT
#499
I never said vader was a top read, I said he looked bad, Kei.

prplhz, Ange made some good points on Zeph, but I can reform them and pretend it's me if it makes you feel better? I've mentioned it before, but I find his "chronological" question on Risen's read on you to be quite out of place.

Already explained my thoughts on BL. If you don't agree with me, be specific.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 10 2012 00:17 GMT
#502
yeah, not sure where NMM2 came from. Probably the reason I was thinking about it is because you came across clearly townie to me in that game and you have not this game.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 10 2012 00:36 GMT
#504
objectively he looks pretty bad.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 10 2012 03:14 GMT
#506
nice try zeph

keep squirming
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 10 2012 03:19 GMT
#508
one scum at a time, sweetie, and you're it.

your whole case was either WIFOM or creating some mystical narrative that doesn't exist. There's very little for me to say about it.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 10 2012 10:32 GMT
#520
On September 10 2012 14:02 Keirathi wrote:
About marv:

I'll give you that his lack of cases is disconcerting (which I already pointed out to him, but he didn't respond), and reading back through DFMM, I didn't realize just how much less information he has been forthcoming with in this game compared to that one (IE, he had large posts explaining his thought process/rationale/opinions on the major cases). Also, he dropped his case on me extremely easily (pressure vote?), and mildly buddied me.

However, like I also mentioned, he does have a few posts that feel distinctly townie: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=16154605 for one. As scum, why wouldn't he just let it ride that my post said I felt like he was distancing himself from the Risen wagon by unvoting?

Also, his interactions with Risen feel different than his interactions with his "scum reads" in NMM3 and DN. Here, he was pretty "bulldog"-y. Like he was trying to keep Risen posting so that he could feel Risen out. In NMM3 and DN, he was using his arguments to convince everyone else, rather than starting a shouting match to convince himself.

Conclusion: I'm always extremely paranoid of marv. He's certainly good enough as scum to be scary, and generally is more open and forthcoming about his reasoning as town. I'm not sure I have a firm grasp on how to read him though. I've spent a huge amount of time talking with him on IRC about strategy, past games, how he plays, how I play, etc etc. I feel like I have a decent idea of how he thinks, but the converse side of that is that he has a decent grasp on how I think as well, and is certainly smart enough to potentially use that to manipulate me if he was scum.

Basically, I'm suspicious of him, but I don't think he is the best option for today's lynch.


This is it, people are always terrified I'm scum, and people get suspicious of me. Keirathi, you should know very well I drop cases easily as town. s0lstice in Not Themed and Custos Luna in Dwarf, I both dropped extremely quickly.

People bang on about cases - if people wanna do meta, then LOOK at my filter in say Mad Men. I didn't make a case on Zeph there at all, just went along with a redcheck (in comparison, look at how I did NOT vote for previous red check, talis). Then I voted VE on a paragraph and I only made my big case on JingleHell because town would'n't do what I wanted when I just told them to.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 10 2012 10:33 GMT
#521
On September 10 2012 16:54 vaderseven wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2012 15:33 Dirkzor wrote:
On September 10 2012 15:08 vaderseven wrote:
God I don't like any of the current cases at all.

I will be around to answer questions AND i have next two days off work so I'll be a bit more active.


Then answer me this: Who is scum?


I have no leads atm.


if you're town and this is true, you should hang your head in shame for being an awful player. jesus christ.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 10 2012 10:35 GMT
#522
On September 10 2012 19:33 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2012 16:54 vaderseven wrote:
On September 10 2012 15:33 Dirkzor wrote:
On September 10 2012 15:08 vaderseven wrote:
God I don't like any of the current cases at all.

I will be around to answer questions AND i have next two days off work so I'll be a bit more active.


Then answer me this: Who is scum?


I have no leads atm.


if you're town and this is true, you should hang your head in shame for being an awful player. jesus christ.


I mean come on, read some filters and get a lead. It's not acceptable in any way.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 10 2012 10:50 GMT
#524
his whole case consists of made-up nonsense

why are you surprised he would misrepresent you as well?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 10 2012 11:50 GMT
#530
On September 10 2012 20:38 Bluelightz wrote:

On Marv, as Keirathi (?) is as well, I'm extremely paranoid of him, he didn't die n1 is NMM2, he didn't die n1 here, he was scum in NMM2, I think he might be scum here too (I'll look over his defence for a more solid read).


Zeph should have a field day with these 'slips'. I was scum in NMM THREE and didn't die, obviously. I was town in NMM2 where BL was scum himself and did not have me nightkilled.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 10 2012 11:51 GMT
#531
On September 10 2012 20:23 prplhz wrote:
I don't really like this Zephirdd lynch and I have no idea how so many people can think that Bluelightz looks townie.

Dirkzor why do you think that Bluelightz is town?


What makes you think Zeph is town?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 10 2012 11:57 GMT
#535
On September 10 2012 20:53 prplhz wrote:
not much really but i think that the case i wrote on bluelightz is ten times better i don't even understand the case on zeph people are wrong all the time but that doesn't make them scum

bluelightz has actively not given given a shit about this game and that's way scummier


do you not know how BL plays or something?

Go away and read his filter in NMM3 and tell me he looked like he gave a shit about the game there. Do that and come back to me.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 10 2012 12:00 GMT
#536
On September 10 2012 20:54 Bluelightz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2012 20:50 marvellosity wrote:
On September 10 2012 20:38 Bluelightz wrote:

On Marv, as Keirathi (?) is as well, I'm extremely paranoid of him, he didn't die n1 is NMM2, he didn't die n1 here, he was scum in NMM2, I think he might be scum here too (I'll look over his defence for a more solid read).


Zeph should have a field day with these 'slips'. I was scum in NMM THREE and didn't die, obviously. I was town in NMM2 where BL was scum himself and did not have me nightkilled.


Oh shit what was the latest game we played together?


Says in that post. So tell me, BL, why are you a fan of lynching me based on the fact I am alive when as scum you left me alive all game in NMM2?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 10 2012 12:26 GMT
#538
answer the fucking question.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 10 2012 13:48 GMT
#540
On September 10 2012 22:36 Bluelightz wrote:
I think the question just got herpa derpa because I forgot it was NMMIII where you were scum


No, I am talking about NMM2.

I NMM2 you were scum, I was town, and your scumteam left me alive for the whole game. So why are you pushing suspicion on me being alive here, when YOU YOURSELF left me alive as scum before? Answer the god damn question.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 10 2012 14:07 GMT
#546
for filter. sorry guys.

On September 10 2012 23:05 Quatol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2012 22:59 Zephirdd wrote:
Dirkzor, maybe I thought on mattchew shooting you and thought you were mis-killed all the time, but in reality you aren't. Point stands, marv knows better than to throw away a vote on you based on that. This is a weak point anyways, have you looked at the filters I linked? So far only keirathi did, and it's kinda impossible to see what I saw without looking at the damn filters --'


Show nested quote +
On September 10 2012 19:32 marvellosity wrote:
People bang on about cases - if people wanna do meta, then LOOK at my filter in say Mad Men. I didn't make a case on Zeph there at all, just went along with a redcheck (in comparison, look at how I did NOT vote for previous red check, talis). Then I voted VE on a paragraph and I only made my big case on JingleHell because town would'n't do what I wanted when I just told them to.


such a squirmy little scum you are, Zephirdd


On September 10 2012 23:06 Quatol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2012 22:56 Bluelightz wrote:
On September 10 2012 22:48 marvellosity wrote:
On September 10 2012 22:36 Bluelightz wrote:
I think the question just got herpa derpa because I forgot it was NMMIII where you were scum


No, I am talking about NMM2.

I NMM2 you were scum, I was town, and your scumteam left me alive for the whole game. So why are you pushing suspicion on me being alive here, when YOU YOURSELF left me alive as scum before? Answer the god damn question.


Other people seemed more useful than you at the time (WBG & Dangeresque), so that's why you were still alive.


In that case you must think I have been the most useful in the game, logically.

Correct?


[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 10 2012 14:19 GMT
#547
My filter in Mad Men for my most recent townie reference point. I basically say who I wanna lynch and then do it.

On August 11 2012 00:31 marvellosity wrote:
does anyone think Zeph is town and if so why?


On August 11 2012 02:05 marvellosity wrote:
why do you think zeph is town, talis?



On August 11 2012 05:56 marvellosity wrote:
i wanna lynch zeph

##Vote: Zephirdd


On August 13 2012 03:02 marvellosity wrote:

VE - finally gonna call scum on him. Now is the time to tell people he masoned me yesterday. I saw no effort from him to discern my alignment whatsoever. Further, I pointed out (in my filter) his lie to do with slOosh's perception of him. Also in his filter he says "I only ignore people when I'm scum" and he ignored talis re: Zephirdd multiple times (he said in private that this was "spite" - don't buy it). Generally I think talis' case is pretty strong. Kinda most noteworthy to me - VE has been playing in a much more constructive, "townie" manner recently. In this game he seems to have completely reverted to his old ways which suggest scum. For example the bit that talis pointed out - "you'll regret this folly tonight, medics will be all over this shit" is just batshit crazy and not recent town VE.

##Vote: VisceraEyes


On August 15 2012 10:09 marvellosity wrote:
okay, so let's kill JingleHell now

##Vote: JingleHell


On August 15 2012 10:13 marvellosity wrote:
read page 85 and tell me he's town


On August 15 2012 10:30 marvellosity wrote:
goddamnit why are you so bad
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 10 2012 14:30 GMT
#549
On September 10 2012 23:28 Zephirdd wrote:

The only time you vote for me is when CountDropula claims a redcheck on me. In fact, without his redcheck, NOBODY would lynch me that game. You don't have to create an analysis when you got a redcheck.



yeah, and there was a redcheck on talis too who I totally wasn't voting. What does that suggest to you?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O182
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 497
ZZZero.O 182
Hyun 97
Dota 2
monkeys_forever373
League of Legends
Doublelift3760
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4502
Liquid`Hasu493
Other Games
summit1g13808
FrodaN1512
JimRising 341
KnowMe239
Livibee195
ViBE82
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick753
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 120
• Adnapsc2 37
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra938
Other Games
• imaqtpie1066
• Shiphtur570
• tFFMrPink 11
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 18m
Patches Events
16h 18m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 18m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 18m
OSC
1d
OSC
1d 13h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.