• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:14
CEST 05:14
KST 12:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8431 users

Normal Mini Mafia III - Page 6

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 All
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 29 2012 23:58 GMT
#1408
Chez town too
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 30 2012 00:00 GMT
#1409
In my dieing words, if we have a vigi shot or anything left over, shoot shady!
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 30 2012 00:01 GMT
#1410
I mean after mafia delt with.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 30 2012 00:23 GMT
#1413
I'm not dead and I'm home so I can type real cases!!!

@Talis: (kind of roundabout, but i'm going to present it in the way I read it)
1. I have a strong town read on Marv.
2. I like his read on talis, esp the STYLE of read. To give an IE, I think he feels about talis the way I felt about Dandel Ion in newbie V: not based on specific posting mistakes, but a pure read based off the filter as a whole.
3. I looked at his filter myself and thought it looked kinda scummy, not a large quantity of posts, not a lot of actual content, kinda fluffy overall.
4. Some posts from his filter:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=359836&currentpage=67#1331
Seems like a scum jumping on a perceived mistake. I expect teh bads from shady, but really does everyone get to misread what I write?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=359836&currentpage=68#1352
I don't like the way he tries to undermine marv/marv's case with absolutely no evidence and no followup. This makes me think Shady is a bad-townie pawn more than scum.
4. His defenses have not struck me as town. This seems to be a cold reading thing, but he seems like an apathetic scum that is not too worried about getting lynched because I am clearly under the hammer.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 30 2012 00:30 GMT
#1415
Kville are you still lynching me for info?
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 30 2012 00:41 GMT
#1418
@DJ
1. Giving his filter another read, I would say this is my #3 read, and the most likely to swap with Shady if Shady turns up being mafia.
2. That being said, his filter does not scream townie, as he tunnels the VE/CHEZ 'scumslip' I made D1, and then adds on chez (who is basically a free target), and talis which could be a distancing technique.
3. This post is my evidence #1
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=359836&currentpage=68#1350

He goes from talis who is supposedly a higher scumread and has more votes at the time, onto me

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=359836&currentpage=65#1286
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=359836&currentpage=65#1292

First of all, he takes talis back from the brink, and makes me the much more probable lynch target.
Second, How does this play make any sense from a townie perspective to do that from a higher scumread to a lower scumread? Screams that he is actually protecting talis without trying to appear to be.
Third, he checks out immediately after the vote, and a long ways away from the lynch deadline in order to try to make the wagon stick and to avoid defending it. This is a drive-by-voting!
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 30 2012 00:42 GMT
#1419
My appeal to those townies that are on my wagon. There is time and there are votes enough to lynch talis! A Kville/Shady/+1 swap gets a lynch right there.

The lynch is for mafia, not for 'informative flips'!
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 30 2012 00:50 GMT
#1420
@milton
First of all I had some suspicions on VE. Not sure if its really applicable, but its relevant.

Mostly though, I don't think this post shows a townie mindset at all.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=359836&currentpage=70#1399

I would expect from a townie some discussion of that the vote he is casting IS THE DECIDING VOTE, and that a lynch is desirable over a no-lynch even though his knowledge (as a replacement) is limited. I would expect a townie to have some sense of doubt because they are a replacement and they don't want to come in and instantly make a mistake.

Instead, Milton comes across as VASTLY prefering my bandwagon to talis, and without a hint of hesitation. He seems to unambiguously prefer lynching me to talis. Yes it is a confirmation bias, but it falls in perfectly with my theory of talis being mafia, and milton protecting him.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 30 2012 00:52 GMT
#1421
EBWOP: Something I just noticed, Milton has not officially cast his vote yet.

@Milton: Have you played forum mafia before?
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 30 2012 01:06 GMT
#1426
@shady: I think personal feelings have influenced your read on me, and I ask you to compare your case in this game, to the one you made on me as scum in our last game. Don't they seem very similar? As scum you jumped on every perceived mistake I made in order to make a contrived case. I thinking you're doing the same thing here.

If you're really town, instead of playing another bad game as scum, you can start the wagon back onto talis. If I am actually scum, I can be lynched later.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 30 2012 01:07 GMT
#1428
Shady/kville/blue switch onto talis and this lynch could be brillient.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 30 2012 01:08 GMT
#1429
or chez. The thing that is killing me is that there are most def a bunch of townies wagoning me right now
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 30 2012 01:22 GMT
#1436
Your Talis read is basically null and you never changed it prior to voting him. Hence no read there, yet you wound up voting him


This is just incorrect. You have been corrected multiple times but you keep using this as a case.

You had no reads on anyone except on VE all through D1, which never really got anywhere. You wound up sheeping to Obvious

D1 was extremely bland, and there was not a lot to work with. The play overall was 1.safe2.trolly3.lurky I also will check my filter because I don't remember that well and I don't trust you to get your facts right.

# Somehow you loudly claim you had scumreads on multiple people, but a check of your filter doesn't find them there (until Milton hammered you, lol.)
# Your behavior was much, much higher in the game where you were town. You put out 4 cases in the span of 1 day there, and actively led a last minute lynch wagon on a single person. You also proceeded to tunnel that person across 2 whole in-game days to secure a lynch there. By contrast, in this game, you pushed a weak case on VE, then sheeped Marv, then pushed a weak case on Talis, after sheeping Marv, then revoted Talis once there was a no-lynch on the basis of your non-existent prior scum read on him.


I will discuss these together. My massive inactivity matches up quite well with the lynch deadline in the other game, where my focus was. Also, I had a strong scum-lead from d1 in the other game that I was able to loudly pursue as frankly the best player for town in that game. This game I was but a grasshopper, and I did not assume the same place in the town. I still contributed.

The strongest parts of my cases are all things that have happened more recently. Therefore it makes sense that they were written recently.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 30 2012 01:24 GMT
#1438
Finally:
No one is nit-picking anything here, Lvdr. These are holes big enough to drive a truck through, and when added together they form a damning picture of guilt.


Your case is super nitpicky, and seems quite personally driven. At best you have an activity read on me and a misinterpreted explanation of my talis case. If you don't realize how weak this is, I hope you learn something when I flip green, or you are scum. Actually believing this would be embarrassing.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 30 2012 01:36 GMT
#1442
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=359836&currentpage=26#509
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=359836&currentpage=26#518
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=359836&currentpage=32#623
Based on a contrived 'scumslip' you 'Had me cold'

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=359836&currentpage=48#956
After obvious wagon you decide that I am definitely scum based on trying to get a no-lynch?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=359836&currentpage=52#1021
You vote me for 'martying myself'

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=359836&currentpage=52#1036
You decide my case on talis is ALSO a scumslip because I am not 100% positive.

I'm gonna stop there in your filter. There are 4 OMGWTFBBQ scumslips that you accuse me of, all of which are contrived. I hope you're scum, because this is terrible town play.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 30 2012 01:38 GMT
#1443
More and more I'm thinking a vigi shot on Shady could be a really good play for the town. It will become clear when I flip green.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 30 2012 02:08 GMT
#1451
Someone PM me obs thread
Prev 1 4 5 6 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 231
NeuroSwarm 191
FoxeR 39
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3356
Leta 1656
Bale 56
Shine 14
Other Games
summit1g7948
JimRising 567
WinterStarcraft377
ViBE148
Mew2King13
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick677
BasetradeTV203
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 100
• davetesta16
• Light_VIP 14
• Letter1411
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo687
Other Games
• Scarra1012
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 46m
Patches Events
11h 46m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 46m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 46m
OSC
19h 46m
OSC
1d 8h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.