• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:14
CEST 05:14
KST 12:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8431 users

Normal Mini Mafia III

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 14 2012 21:25 GMT
#45
/in
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 14 2012 21:25 GMT
#46
There should be an additional rule that everyone has to speak in Ye Olde English.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 14 2012 23:34 GMT
#52
Since lvdr is already shortened, I will tell you it stands for Lord Vader, the Lovedoctor.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 21 2012 22:33 GMT
#221
I support lynching lurkers.

Just as a tidbit, I've never been mafia on here, but I decided that if I was: I would accuse a random player in the manner of Shady D1.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 21 2012 22:43 GMT
#226
My elbow noses are surprisingly effective, you might want to give them a try.

I would say that Shady is my STRONGEST scumread... along with 10 other people.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 21 2012 22:45 GMT
#227
Shady, woah boy. Remember the lynch in newnie XXIV D1?
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 21 2012 23:10 GMT
#233
In the interest of having an opinion:

Palmar's rando-lynch idea is anti-town because it achieves a lynch without any cases being made that can be used in later days. Also, rando-lynch allows mafia to get a free day -- they're going to be either voting randomly or bandwagoning.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 21 2012 23:27 GMT
#250
It's probably the exception that proves the rule, but in newbie xxiii there was a super bandwagon at the end of d1 that basically won the game for town.

I think the context had a lot todo with that... Mafia were lurking pretty hard, so townies were able to coordinate riiiiit at the end of the day, so the bandwagon was incredibly sudden and mafia were not able to react well.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 22 2012 00:18 GMT
#270
The people I have played with are ShadySands and iamperfection. Limited sample size though. ~1.5 days total

Shady can tunnel hard as town. More lurky as mafia.
iamperfection doesn't like being pushed for analysis, even as town. can appear scummy.

I wouldn't read too much into their meta because they're probably still really fluid.

In my past 2 games I've tended to be very controversial early d1 to attract suspicion.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 22 2012 00:39 GMT
#278
Regarding shady, I really like Obvious' description

Shady Sands - I know him as an aggressive but sometimes misguided town member who was unafraid to go after people no matter what. It's possible he's changed his MO a bit now that he's swimming with the big sharks.


Misguided being the money analysis. I wouldn't write him off because he clearly puts a lot of effort into the game, but I don't think his cases are very strong.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 22 2012 00:48 GMT
#280
To jump back to the rando-lynch topic:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=359836&currentpage=12#235

In this post you explain the strategy, but it doesn't seem particularly strong.

1. There is a good argument for a townie to be against it: more likely to kill town than mafia.
2. If it becomes policy, mafia would have to be insane to try and back out... particularly after a name is chosen.
3. If it is adopted unanimously, there will be no 'voting evidence' to look at later on in the game.

Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 22 2012 00:51 GMT
#282
I am opposed.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 22 2012 00:58 GMT
#284
I'm not worried
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 22 2012 01:07 GMT
#285
@VE Since there's some downtime, could you explain the lesson you alluded to here:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=359836&currentpage=13#252
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 22 2012 02:26 GMT
#309
I've been actively reading the thread, but there is just not a lot a content so far. It seems most people are playing pretty conservatively so far, and there aren't really any big talking points (outside of the rando-lynch that I weighed in on)

As for lynch policy, I support lynching lurkers D1. Whether it is necessary or not, lynching lurkers is good for forcing activity, and seems to give a decent chance for catching mafia as well.

If the day was ending now (I think this is what you mean?) I think town would be screwed because there is very little to vote on.

Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 22 2012 02:46 GMT
#310
@Palmar You've gone all silent on me. I have questions.

Do you think there is no reason to be looking at the players at the moment?

If the day was ending today, who would you vote, and why?
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 22 2012 03:11 GMT
#312
Well I don't find myself very suspicious so that vote is out. Reading Talismania's filter what do you find suspicious? As hes made only a few posts, I find little to be suspicious of so far.


Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 22 2012 13:49 GMT
#363
@ Shady: You expect lurkers to come up with a case, yet you have only provided a random vote and a bandwagon/lurker vote.

Looks like scum wants the town to do their work for them.

##FOS Shady Sands
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 22 2012 20:51 GMT
#450
I suppose my comment about being controversial should have been followed by an intention to play straight up. I haven't done anything crazy right?

Regarding Shady, I have a null/town read on him based on his interactions (tunneling) with kville. I don't think he would be a good lynch target for d1because if he is scum we can smoke him out later based on his activity.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 22 2012 20:58 GMT
#454
@VE It is entirely possible Shady misunderstood your suspicions. In my last few games we have had to deal with a lot of suspicious Bad townies. This is what shady looks like me right now.

This is Shady claiming scum everyone, please take note and vote accordingly.


This statement is really over the top. You seem too experienced to push this as town; therefore I find your behavior scummy.

##Vote: VisceraEyes
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 249
NeuroSwarm 191
FoxeR 39
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3356
Leta 1656
Bale 56
Shine 14
Other Games
summit1g7948
JimRising 567
WinterStarcraft366
ViBE152
Mew2King17
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick677
BasetradeTV205
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 100
• davetesta16
• Light_VIP 14
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo634
Other Games
• Scarra1012
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 46m
Patches Events
11h 46m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 46m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 46m
OSC
19h 46m
OSC
1d 8h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.