• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:14
CEST 05:14
KST 12:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8431 users

Normal Mini Mafia III - Page 4

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 24 2012 01:52 GMT
#897
Seems like the jumps are over, but I'm here again.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 24 2012 01:57 GMT
#913
I feel good about the obvious lynch now.

Just got Internet access. Gj on your engineered mislynch on the easy one. Obvious scum, my ass.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 24 2012 03:33 GMT
#936
remember the night post was moved, so that rage post came AFTER it was known a townie had been lynched.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 24 2012 19:36 GMT
#959
@shady I think you have a spectacular ability to misinterpret my posting. To set the record straight:

1. Top lynch choice was BL.
2. When Bl's spreadsheet was shared I made (essentially a gut call) that I thought it was a mislynch.
3. Straight up I am suspicious of VE, I have made numerous posts about it.
4. However, that close to the deadline it was not practical to try to push a lynch on someone that most have a town read on.
5. I wanted to AVOID a no-lynch.
6. Obvious was #3 on my lynch list behind BL and Chez.
7. I blatantly sheeped onto obvious to make sure there was a lynch.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 24 2012 19:49 GMT
#962
VE was #4.

He is an active and productive poster, and killing him as town would be a blow to the town. However as I have stated

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=359836&currentpage=23#454
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=359836&currentpage=24#463
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=359836&currentpage=24#469
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=359836&currentpage=26#514
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=359836&currentpage=27#524
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=359836&currentpage=27#529
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=359836&currentpage=39#770
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=359836&currentpage=39#773
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=359836&currentpage=39#774

Maybe this is just me being paranoid, but for what its worth here are my suspicions of VE.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 24 2012 23:17 GMT
#972
I didn't think lynching a clearly active player d1 that might actually be the leader of the town would be a good play. So no VE was not my #1 lynch as you claim... he was #4 as I told you.

VE is someone to watch not to hairtrigger lynch.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 24 2012 23:20 GMT
#973
Or rather my top scumread.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 25 2012 16:10 GMT
#1013
On August 25 2012 12:55 iamperfection wrote:
We finish what we should have done yesterday.

## Vote Bluelightz

He hasent changed anything and then attempts to make a case on the god damn troll? Screw that the chezinu case seems to be just a hollow attempt to feign scum hunting. It reads as simply going the safe avenue to me. BLuelightz will spill red blood. Vote for this guy.


[QUOTE]On August 25 2012 13:01 Bluelightz wrote:


Out of the activity since D1 I think this stuck out to me the most. WIFOM I know, but this feels to me like a mafia trying to ride the pressure from yesterday into another mislynch.

Chez has been worthless, I don't think he is a bad lynch. Therefore this reads to me to be a mafia trying to redirect scumhunting energies from a partner without committing so much he cant end up voting for chez later. More a gut read than anything else.

In a weird way though it seems I might be a good lynch target because it might actually give the town some leads when I flip green. Still don't want to die, but if i'm so untrustworthy -- anything for the town
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 25 2012 16:13 GMT
#1014
I should add I don't really feel confident about my reads on players right now. Palmar was def my strongest town read.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 25 2012 21:27 GMT
#1023
I can't talk to shady right now.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 26 2012 05:33 GMT
#1035
Hmm my read on chez is that he is engaged in the game. His voting patterns look pretty pro-town (extremely active at deadline, seems to be trying to find a good lynch even if he doesn't actually state reasoning)

Unfortunately it is very hard (at least for me) to read a troll player. YourHarry's scum game was deadly effective, and it doesn't seem that a troll townie could be all that useful to the town.

Not sure why he voted for me, but hopefully there is an explanation at the other end of the rainbow.

That being said, I think a vigi shot could be a good call at this point.

Does the town know who made the shot

Regarding talis, I would give him no better than a null read. 2 points that stuck out to me.
1. The activity is quite low, and not particularly filled with content. I wouldn't call it downright scummy though.
2. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=359836&currentpage=25#497
This post latches on to a stretch of a case, complete agreement, no further points made, never revisited beyond his initial AHA moment.

Maybe I've talked myself into a scum-read. I have to see how I feel after some-more activity.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 26 2012 16:20 GMT
#1043
On August 26 2012 20:35 Shady Sands wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2012 14:33 Lvdr wrote:
Hmm my read on chez is that he is engaged in the game. His voting patterns look pretty pro-town (extremely active at deadline, seems to be trying to find a good lynch even if he doesn't actually state reasoning)

Unfortunately it is very hard (at least for me) to read a troll player. YourHarry's scum game was deadly effective, and it doesn't seem that a troll townie could be all that useful to the town.

Not sure why he voted for me, but hopefully there is an explanation at the other end of the rainbow.

That being said, I think a vigi shot could be a good call at this point.

Does the town know who made the shot

Regarding talis, I would give him no better than a null read. 2 points that stuck out to me.
1. The activity is quite low, and not particularly filled with content. I wouldn't call it downright scummy though.
2. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=359836&currentpage=25#497
This post latches on to a stretch of a case, complete agreement, no further points made, never revisited beyond his initial AHA moment.

Maybe I've talked myself into a scum-read. I have to see how I feel after some-more activity.


This point is a classic WIFOM slip.

You think chez is engaged. But you don't know since he's trolly. You cite an anecdote from another player in another game who was trolly and flipped scum. You don't know why he voted for you and subtly criticize his troll logic for doing so. And then you finish that part by asking for a vigi shot... on who? Chez for being trolly? Or you?

You don't even address any of the other cases on yourself except by saying that you've talked yourself into a scum-read. You just address Chez's case, and even then, only implicitly, because Chez's case is the weakest.

On Talis: Both points you cite regarding Talis are clear scumtells. Low content, lurky behavior. But somehow not "downright scummy." Then you cite his largest post as an example of active scumming. Then you say he is a null read. What?

This entire post is an attempt to look active without committing to reads. This is a huge scumtell.

Town, if you still haven't made up your minds about Lvdr yet, the above should be a clear reason to vote for a lynch on him.


Doesn't this post make it clear that shady is completely nonobjective when it comes to me? This is a null read, but I think it is a good idea for the rest of the town to keep this in mind.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 26 2012 16:29 GMT
#1047
Shady try being smarter.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 26 2012 20:17 GMT
#1059
##Vote: Talismania

Let's see what happens.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 26 2012 20:25 GMT
#1061
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=359836&currentpage=52#1035

Also, noone is here so the point is moot lol.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 28 2012 23:18 GMT
#1242
I'm back. I was focusing on my other game. Still read along here, but didn't have much jump out at me. Going to do a close reading.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 29 2012 05:08 GMT
#1259
I like my previous read on talis being scum. Also, I disappeared mainly because (as you noted) I was extremely involved in the other game, esp coming down to lynch deadlines, and I was unable to deal with shady because I was mad at him (oops).

The lack of activity makes me really uncomfortable. Also, it may be a cross game gambit, but Shady's actions here seem similar to those in the other game (where he flipped scum). I keep getting a "He is either really bad town or clumsy scum" read across the two games.

I would say lets just lynch him, but I don't think thats actually good play.

Hence, ##vote:Talismania
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 29 2012 20:06 GMT
#1340
Guys I always seem to have these 'scumslips' as town. I can be too offhand in assuming people know what I mean, which gets me into trouble. My prior read was slight scummy on talis. Coming back later I was reconfirming as a stronger read.

Let's make sure we have a lynch today though, even if its me. 2 no lynches would be pretty bad...
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 29 2012 20:07 GMT
#1341
Also, I totally second talis that this game has been straight up bland.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 29 2012 20:10 GMT
#1344
Shady thanks for correcting me on my read. Now I know what to think.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 231
NeuroSwarm 191
FoxeR 39
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3356
Leta 1656
Bale 56
Shine 14
Other Games
summit1g7948
JimRising 567
WinterStarcraft377
ViBE148
Mew2King13
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick677
BasetradeTV203
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 100
• davetesta16
• Light_VIP 14
• Letter1411
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo687
Other Games
• Scarra1012
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 46m
Patches Events
11h 46m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 46m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 46m
OSC
19h 46m
OSC
1d 8h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.