• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:14
CEST 05:14
KST 12:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8431 users

Normal Mini Mafia III - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 22 2012 21:00 GMT
#456
Also in a show of great irony I second VE's analysis of chez's post.

Scum hate making their own cases. It is much easier to get on board someone else's. Chez seems to be explicitly asking to do just this.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 22 2012 21:13 GMT
#463
@Shady I'm not going off meta. I would say you're exibiting textbook "bad-townie" play. VE would be making a rookie mistake to be tripping over himself to accuse you right now.

@VE
This was before you entered the thread. So you're either not reading the thread (my guess) or you're blatantly and maliciously misrepresenting the facts. Which is it Shady?


I don't know how else to put this, but Shady can be a little slow some times.
Remeber this policy post?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=359836&currentpage=12#225
He almost aggressively misinterpreted everything that was said, but once that was explained, he dropped it.
So you're either not reading the thread (my guess) or you're blatantly and maliciously misrepresenting the facts.

Shady gets confused.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 22 2012 21:22 GMT
#469
Chez I think you misunderstood my posts. My vote is currently on VE because my read on SHADY is bad townie, and VE is trying to bandwagon Shady.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 22 2012 21:26 GMT
#472
People who have played with VE before, What do you think of his case against Shady?
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 22 2012 21:43 GMT
#482
Let me try this again...

People that have played with VE before, do you find his case against shady plausible, and what sort of probability would you give of Shady flipping red?
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 22 2012 21:51 GMT
#493
Take 3: Does VE have a history of successfully reading scum d1? aka What is the chance that Shady flips red based on Ve's read?
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 22 2012 22:13 GMT
#514
This is rapidly turning into mafia Arkham Asylum lol.

1. VE is a veteran player that is considered to be quite skilled as both town and mafia.
2. Shady is a new player that can be 'bad townie' (arousing suspicions as VT)
3. VE is quite suspicious of Shady
4. I find shady's behavior to be in line with his 'bad townie' tendencies

VE's behavior must be explained. Hence my questioning.

1. VE really thinks shady is scum, it is possible that he made a great read.
2. VE is applying pressure in order to refine his read.
3. VE is scum trying to start a bandwagon.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 22 2012 22:28 GMT
#521
On August 23 2012 06:54 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2012 06:51 Lvdr wrote:
Take 3: Does VE have a history of successfully reading scum d1? aka What is the chance that Shady flips red based on Ve's read?


AH, the CRUX.

In asking if I have a history of "successfully reading scum D1", ven if I have 100% accuracy in the past, this is completely meaningless unless you are operating under the premise that I'm town and am READING Shady. It shows his true thoughts on me (that I'm town) hiding beneath his actions (his vote, the questions, the ruse) and betrays preexisting knowledge of my alignment.

Chez, you truly are inspirational.

##Unvote
##Vote Lvdr


I don't see how this means I'm operating under the premise that you're 100% town. Since it is day 1, everyone can be town OR mafia, and must be analyzed from both points of view.

I'm trying to determine IF you are town, have you had success in similar positions in the past?
Is it plausible that you're a townie that has a read that goes contrary to mine? (I think Shady is bad townie)


Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 22 2012 22:30 GMT
#522
EBWOP: Otherwise VE is just trying to bandwagon a bad townie.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 22 2012 22:35 GMT
#523
Also, my questioning was designed to refine my read on VE. Because nobody was answering my questions, I tried rephrasing them multiple times. Somehow that turned into a scumslip?
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 22 2012 22:44 GMT
#524
He's wondering if I'm "reading you accurately" while voting me. He's SAYING he thinks I'm scum, but he slips my alignment in asking if I'm "reading you accurately"...which is something only town can do (scum don't read anyone, they know everyone's alignment).


The reason I found your case scummy is that I found it too naive for an experienced player, hence my question about past reads. If this is standard play from you it is a lot less suspicious. If it raises red flags for other players that have played with you before then my mafia read is strengthened.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 22 2012 22:47 GMT
#526
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=359836&currentpage=24#463
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 22 2012 23:07 GMT
#529
I think you're falling into the 'badtownie-looking-scummy' trap.

for example "This was before you entered the thread. So you're either not reading the thread (my guess) or you're blatantly and maliciously misrepresenting the facts. Which is it Shady?"

Here you're pressuring Shady quite hard, but I think Shady was doing his patented 'misunderstand what's going on' just as he did in this post
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=359836&currentpage=12#225
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 22 2012 23:11 GMT
#531
how does that make any sense at all?
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 22 2012 23:17 GMT
#533
I mean as a scumslip.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 22 2012 23:19 GMT
#534
My last defense is that lynching controversial players d1 almost always ends up as a mislynch.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 23 2012 03:32 GMT
#577
Chez, right now i would rather have YourHarry instead of you... and that says a lot. Please do something useful like provide any reads you have. Right now its a non-stop fluff parade.

##FOS Chezinu
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 23 2012 03:34 GMT
#578
Also,
##FOSBluelightz for no content.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 23 2012 03:36 GMT
#579
On August 23 2012 10:41 Bluelightz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2012 08:52 iamperfection wrote:
in other news i am still suspicious of bluelightz.

he has provided no reads and continues to lurk. I would encourage everyone to take a closer look at him.

On August 22 2012 23:42 Bluelightz wrote:


Defense in points:

1. If the response is townie, then I believed he is townie, why should I NOT retract my suspicion? It's kinda pointless if ye see.

2.Why is the reasoning I provided bad?(Hint: your reasoning is pointless bullshit)

3.Didn't give insight till pushed because I didn't feel the need too.

4.Why is when I got into the game a factor in me being scum?(Hint: explain), It's not like I should always post when I'm not ready.



his main defense i find to be less than substantial. He seem to be more attacking me than just simply answering the questions. His snarky remarks also don help if he truely is town why dosent he just defend himself and start hunting scum?

I want blueligtz in here now and i want him to give us more to go on.

Also i dont think lvdr is scum and i dont think that was a slip.


Your attacking me too, start by explaining the bullshit in your first post please.

I only have town reads to give right now.



Tell us your town reads.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 23 2012 03:42 GMT
#583
Why are town reads a bad idea to share? Mafia already know everyone that is town, this simply puts connections in the public for the town to look at, particularly later in the game.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 231
NeuroSwarm 191
FoxeR 39
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3356
Leta 1656
Bale 56
Shine 14
Other Games
summit1g7948
JimRising 567
WinterStarcraft377
ViBE148
Mew2King13
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick677
BasetradeTV203
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 100
• davetesta16
• Light_VIP 14
• Letter1411
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo687
Other Games
• Scarra1012
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 46m
Patches Events
11h 46m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 46m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 46m
OSC
19h 46m
OSC
1d 8h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.