• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:48
CEST 03:48
KST 10:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8253 users

Bureaucracy Mafia! - Page 4

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
July 22 2012 10:53 GMT
#2632
when sloosh said "Because from a minion perspective, "
i thought it was fishy
im willing to vote him with you, supersoft
if you killed Foolishness, you need to vote him
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
July 22 2012 11:09 GMT
#2633
@mod can i get a prod on GGQ? He hasn't posted in 6 days, and over 70 pages of content.
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
July 22 2012 11:23 GMT
#2635
i mean, really? you expect there to be that much town KP?
nuke...
kingmaker...
2 vigs?
not buying it.
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
July 22 2012 11:23 GMT
#2636
i guess there ARE (were) 9 scum, though
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
July 22 2012 11:24 GMT
#2637
but, yeah, i'm stealing sloosh's vote, and seeing if he has any unused powers i can use (then we'll know he's lying)
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
July 22 2012 12:40 GMT
#2653
I agree with the speculation, really, though, syllo
HiroPro is right, man
I'm not going to bed until the mod comes around, and I see if Sloosh has any "other" abilities
I have a suspicion I'm about to see a scum ability :p
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
July 22 2012 12:58 GMT
#2657
On July 22 2012 21:39 supersoft wrote:
lol you're right. I made so many mistakes already. I shouldn't have counterclaimed instantly. I should have waited and ask him some things. If he's scum faking it, no counterclaim would have been unexpected.

No; I disagree
I like that you counterclaimed instantly
We are in my comfort zone, now.

You waiting and asking him things, in this case, was unnecessary
it would help if this was most mafia forums, but on TL people are usually above average intelligence, if not genius
We will be able to deduce what happened... like foolishness said, he understands why people have been ragequitting lately, because the quality of TL town has gone up soooo much from when I was playing a few years ago, and it was a laughingstock, and worse than mafiascum's by far. That is not the case now. You grilling might be necessary on EM for cred., might buy you a few votes on some other forums, but on TL I just don't see a need...

Linguistically, your claim was short, and to the point. Considering the TIMING of it, and you asking Katina questions about Foolishness (why was Katina defending Foolishness...?*).../tangent you look really good from the exchange. You were definitely all over suspiciousness of him, and I don't blame you - I was suspicious of him myself - to the point I forced him to create a substantial case against me... but, like i said, the TIMING of your suspiciousness into the vig shot right after you were questioning about him? It just looks really good on you

You are right in that we have given Sloosh a valuable deflection opportunity, but he is definitely on my short list after that claim

tl;dr: I don't feel like it was bad play whatsoever given the caliber of the game we are in


*this whole incident makes me suspect VE and Katina way more (VE I have had some misgivings about, and the BH thing could be a bus)
If Katina flips scum, it is likely she had possible mafia interaction regarding Foolishness with VE, but it would go against the original meta-feel I have, and I'm rarely wrong about her. If Katina is town, I feel like VE is town - which is more likely - given the kingmaker shit. Could Katina have been buddied by VE scum? doubtful, but possible. I don't think it's a bus.

BM - town PR
supersoft - town PR
VE - town PR/civilian
Katina - town PR/civilian
syllogism - helpful leaning town
rastaban - meta leaning town

want to lynch: palmar, GGQ, sloosh

Palmar - seems popular, trust syllogism/marvel/whoevers meta they brought up
Have seen a way more active Palmar as town
Activity is fairly null, though lets you have a pretty good case, because it is not completely null. Mafia definitely are less active, and lurk more, but there are exceptions.

GGQ - how is this guy not modkilled yet? Might be a waste of a lynch, but barring some weird mechanic, I doubt we will be forced to dirty our fingers. If he comes back, isn't modkilled, and continues to not contribute... yeah. In his defense, to play the devil's advocate, His d1 vote on BH looks good, and is the only reason (besides potential modkill [obvious]) that I didn't steal his vote

Sloosh - doubt his claim, counterclaimed by SS, and SS didn't NEED to CC -at all-.

On July 22 2012 21:42 HiroPro wrote:
Bill, do you see any ability that they have - not just in-thread/day abilities?

only in thread/day ones, yeah

On July 22 2012 21:43 VisceraEyes wrote:
I guess the question is: why didn't either of you shoot Kurumi N1? We wasted our D2 lynch because of you guys, you WERE under specific orders to open fire.

##Unvote: Chezinu
##Vote: Palmar


Sup bro? Suuuuup?

I'm doing a little rereading over the course of today

Aside from myself and Probulous I seem to recall others unwilling to lynch BH D1 when gonzaw and he were on the block. I'm going back and specifically rereading that portion of the game to see if there's anything there...the Chairman of the Board knew BH would flip scum.

Show nested quote +
On July 22 2012 10:25 Katina wrote:
VE, what is your role?


Why do you ask dear?

ill speak up here
i had not one but TWO votes on BH at certain points to ensure a lynch
furthermore, given foolishness pushing me so hard, my slot is looking pretty good
to top it off, i have claimed an ability I KNOW is typically a scum ability
im not wifoming
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
July 22 2012 13:30 GMT
#2659
i had the last two votes on BH when we needed only 1 more vote (from anyone) in the voting thread (for over 10 minutes)

I also tried to lynch the other guy who was up for it (was it gonzaw?)

I would have been campaigning in the thread had I even known it was majority at the time



foolishness only switched to saying he wanted to lynch BH because he was being pressure by you so hard. That was a good job by you. He wanted to lynch BH? Only because you defended me so well, and the thread wasn't going with him as per his "case" on me.

Why should I get in your way? You had a great lynch on BH, you had a good defense of me to Foolishness, and you LITERALLY ASKED HIM WHO HE WANTED TO LYNCH MORE, ME OR BH

Yeah, your slot is looking great, too
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
July 22 2012 13:49 GMT
#2660
dont think i can wait to see if sloosh has any abilities any longer
going to bed
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
July 22 2012 16:04 GMT
#2666
On July 23 2012 00:48 Protactinium wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2012 20:09 Bill Murray wrote:
@mod can i get a prod on GGQ? He hasn't posted in 6 days, and over 70 pages of content.

We PMed him. He will be modkilled if he doesn't post in the next 24 hours.

thanks... i wouldn't normally do this, and i haven't ever done it, but i saw talk of him recently (in the thread), and realized (i was analyzing his meta) he hadn't posted since the teens of july
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
July 22 2012 16:05 GMT
#2667
On July 23 2012 00:54 supersoft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2012 00:52 syllogism wrote:
After palmar we should definitely lynch into sloosh/zealos/austinmcc/meapak. Even if they all flip mafia, not quite sure who the remaining two are, though the pool of possible candidates isn't very large. Mass claim by that point may be a good idea.


I am such a fan of mass claims.

honestly, at this point, there is nothing stopping us from going ahead and doing it
however, role =/= alignment, and i doubt there are townies at all
furthermore, my role = typical scum role, so confirmation bias in that regards is out
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
July 22 2012 16:09 GMT
#2668
On July 21 2012 01:22 Q-bert-Z wrote:
Am I missing something or did Mr Murray say that he also steals the power of the person he votes for? If so, that makes him more or less a role - checker... Why not have him steal sandroba's vote, and see if he gets a messaging power?

Or does that not count as a thread action? (Which, now that I think about it, seems likely)

BM, what kind of information do you receive when you steal someone's power? How do you know what power they have?

I haven't gotten to find that out yet.
I'd imagine something like this

[logout] : Bill Murray
[1 NEW PM]

"OH JOY"
"You now have the ability #Daykill/Execute/BangBang"
"HOLY MOTHER OF AFSDAJHAKL"
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
July 22 2012 16:10 GMT
#2669
also FoS Q-Bert-Z for posting 2 days ago, seemingly having too much role information, and kissing Chezinu's ass during the whole RoL scandal

sorry for multiple posting; just want to get that out there
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
July 22 2012 17:42 GMT
#2679
i didnt choose sloosh, i tried to get him to vote himself, but i couldnt do that, so i decided to get q-bert-z to vote for zealos (i like analysis of competitive wagons)
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
July 22 2012 19:36 GMT
#2688
chezinu go ahead and out your list
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
July 23 2012 03:17 GMT
#2776
On July 23 2012 06:50 Probulous wrote:
Really guys. I said why I chose VE. I said we will listen to him because he was going to lynch someone. It was a crumb.


looked to see if this was edited

University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
July 23 2012 03:22 GMT
#2778
On July 23 2012 08:06 Q-bert-Z wrote:
Good day, fellow workers,

I see you have fared quite well in my absence. You are to be commended. As Mr. Murray said, my vote has been stolen. It seems we have a mass of claims. Very interesting, everyone wants to take credit for killing of The "meany head" Fool. To be honest, I don't blame them, I would want to participate in that glorious act too, so that I may also be recorded in the annals of the Kings of Chez, as the man who helped bring down the pillar of injustice! But alas, I fear I can claim no such act.

Of course, not everyone could have killed The Fool, so we must be careful to weed out those who would use this to further their own bureaucratic goals... I must admit that I am a little confused. Did the Risky Nuke actually claim to have shot The Fool also? Or was he just being silly.

As I was reading through the newspaper the other day, I realized that i had locked my keys in my car, and when I went to go get them, I accidentally bumped my head on the glass of the car door. It hurt a lot, but suddenly I realized something! If The Fool was the CEO, and knew that when he died people would look at who he pressured, what would he do? Would he live up to his name, or would he set up fake reads??? Was his pressure in the past present a defense for the present future? Was he pressuring people in the present future by defending them in the past present? Chezinu! What is your council?


Regardless, it would seem that things for the Brown Revolution are coming along swimmingly, but we still need your help, Minonz! You must Revolt for us to begin the earnest Rebuilding! Revolt against your overlords! Your CEO has been removed, quickly, now while they are still unorganized!



You and Chezinu are crazy. I'm just going to get that out of the way!
Your posting has been very protown. I stole your vote more on the hope that you were town, had an ability, and were going to be absent. Not all lurking makes me look at someone as scum, which is why I didn't straight up FoS you other than for your inactivity. The fact that you are lurking actively appeases me, coupled with, to reiterate, your proper posting.

I like your appeal to Chezinu here. He is someone who remains from a town circle the mafia have been picking off. He really needs protection. Considering Foolishness FoSed me, I NEED PROTECTION in all likelihood. My ability can catch people lying very easily.

Foolishness set up a "case" on me that he faked to get me out of the way. He had seen I had made a few one liners trying to see if anyone wanted to lynch him... and a lot of people did.

I have a way to get people to listen to me as scum more than town
Noone is listening to me this game, because I'm not surefire bussing; I'm poking around in the dark

My girlfriend is coming over, so I will be out tonight for a bit.
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
July 23 2012 03:22 GMT
#2779
On July 23 2012 12:18 Probulous wrote:
it was from my phone if that means anything.

it was the fact there were line(s) underneath like this


University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
July 23 2012 03:24 GMT
#2780
But, Probulous, you raise a good point about syllo and I in relation to foolishness

hats off, left-handed
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
July 23 2012 03:26 GMT
#2781
MZ brings up a good point about claim timing in relation to SS at the end of the night (and he criticized people for that) vs Sloosh claiming randomly mid day. Another reason I instinctively shifted my read from maf to town on SS
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 159
NeuroSwarm 97
FoxeR 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 488
Rain 151
Bale 68
League of Legends
Doublelift4876
Other Games
summit1g9311
JimRising 588
ViBE212
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick655
BasetradeTV196
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 97
• Light_VIP 10
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1127
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 13m
Patches Events
13h 13m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 13m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 13m
OSC
21h 13m
OSC
1d 10h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.