• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:14
CEST 07:14
KST 14:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War595.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8200 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XX - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Evulrabbitz
Profile Joined July 2012
Sweden134 Posts
July 07 2012 15:55 GMT
#440
What? Do you mind explaining what you thought I meant?


As I interpreted it, you claim that if I would've voted for Lazermonkey, which would lead to the death of him, and he flips green; I would have been the next logical lynch.

Is that what you meant?
Evulrabbitz
Profile Joined July 2012
Sweden134 Posts
July 07 2012 16:13 GMT
#445
Before I start adding to my previous posts this night I want you to clearly state what you meant, since I obviously interpreted your post in a manner which was not intended.
Evulrabbitz
Profile Joined July 2012
Sweden134 Posts
July 07 2012 16:39 GMT
#449
I stand corrected. Evul's vote was 13 minutes before the deadline, and as he admits, he thought it was the last vote possible. He's basically admitting that his vote was useless, still he felt inclined to switch his vote. Combined with the fact that his previous postings do not talk about his preference for lazer vs. hopeless lynch. In fact, he never really brings up his reads on either player. The act of suddenly changing his vote last minute, when hopeless lynch was already evident, resembles classic case of bussing and is scummy.


I have never stated my vote was useless, I said the opposite. I said my vote was the deciding relying on the fact that it was not for Lazermonkey.

I mentioned in the same post as I voted that if anyone wanted me to elaborate, I would. However I do not see the need as Hopeless flipped scum.

What I am trying to say is that If I were Mafia I would know the alignment of both Hopeless and Lazermonkey. Since we know Hopeless is(was) mafia there are now 3 scenarios about my alignment:

1) I am mafia and Lazermonkey is not.

If this is the case, why would I vote for Hopeless and not Lazermonkey?
a) It would be suspicious to vote against Lazermonkey since I then would have thrown the deciding vote against a townie.(Basically what JieXian said)
Ask yourself this: If Hopeless would've turned green, would I be the one to be lynched or would the person making a case against him be? It's the exact same situation. I don't see how I would be more suspicious than the person making the case (I do acknowledge that I would've been more suspicious than any of the "regular" voters).

2) Lazermonkey is Mafia and I am not.

I am not really in a position to say how Lazermonkey would've played but I doubt he would sacrifice his Mafia buddy without trying to divide attention to other players.

3) We both are mafia

This scenario is, of course, still plausible. The only way to prove this wrong is if one of us is innocent. Then scenario 1 or 2 would be in effect.
Evulrabbitz
Profile Joined July 2012
Sweden134 Posts
July 07 2012 16:43 GMT
#450
And to answer Release who posted while I was writing;

The motivation for my posts is to make it clear that, based on how I acted, I am not scummy.
Evulrabbitz
Profile Joined July 2012
Sweden134 Posts
July 07 2012 19:13 GMT
#476
It's only 9 pm at the moment here in Sweden. You have more than enough time to write what you think about Lazermonkey.

I am actually quite suspicious about you, Zen_Man. You have based all your arguments against Lazermonkey on the assumption you know how Mafia plays. You claim repeatedly that mafia tends to do that and this and therefore Lazer is very suspicious. You do this rather than analyzing Lazer's post in a sense where you point out the flaws in Lazer's argumentation and where these flaws might bring the town later on in the game.

Concerning the Jingle vs Lazer "Is this a bandwagon" discussion. To me it seems like this whole discussion is solely based on Lazer not yet being aware that this is plurality lynch and not majority lynch. To a player aware of the plurality lynch, Jingle's case makes a lot of sense (if people vote early and don't check in to change people will be lynched based on little information). On the other hand, to a player who believes it's a majority lynch Lazer's case makes a lot of sense (early, solitary votes are not "bandwagon" dangerous). I believe that whole discussion is just a misunderstanding.

Evulrabbitz
Profile Joined July 2012
Sweden134 Posts
July 07 2012 19:19 GMT
#477
About that first part (the time in Sweden). I am an idiot for not removing that. I didn't read Zen_Mans post that well so I began to write that, then when I did under the whole part (about posting right before deadline) I meant to remove it but forgot.
Evulrabbitz
Profile Joined July 2012
Sweden134 Posts
July 08 2012 01:16 GMT
#507
Yes it was contradictory, but it is also an obvious mistake. And since he listed the name I'm guessing it should say "very unlikely that the two remaining scum is among those who voted for me.

Making a case out of this is just plain retarded.
Evulrabbitz
Profile Joined July 2012
Sweden134 Posts
July 08 2012 01:31 GMT
#513
For educational purposes. Who do you think has a power role and briefly why?
Evulrabbitz
Profile Joined July 2012
Sweden134 Posts
July 08 2012 01:33 GMT
#515
Since right now we are kinda waiting for a decision whether to roleclaim or not and continuing discussion without having this solved is kinda fruitless.
Evulrabbitz
Profile Joined July 2012
Sweden134 Posts
July 08 2012 02:20 GMT
#526
That sounds reasonable enough to me.

However, you always track mafia players to whom they are using their power on, not to the kill.


I'm guessing the only result for the tracker would be from player A
Evulrabbitz
Profile Joined July 2012
Sweden134 Posts
July 08 2012 02:43 GMT
#530
I am the Detective.

Since the heated discussion during the night I decided to do my check on JingleHell. He turned innocent (reads non-mafia).
Evulrabbitz
Profile Joined July 2012
Sweden134 Posts
July 08 2012 02:49 GMT
#532
I actually did not think Jingle was scum when I did the investigation. More like the stupid play/experimenting new strategy part. Simply put he felt too rash and arrogant to be scum. However since you (Hapa) got very into your crusade against Hopeless(which turned out to be good) I wanted to know whether day 2 should be used for driving a crusade against Jingle or not.
Evulrabbitz
Profile Joined July 2012
Sweden134 Posts
July 08 2012 03:25 GMT
#541
Add Hapa to the list as not the DT.
Evulrabbitz
Profile Joined July 2012
Sweden134 Posts
July 08 2012 03:28 GMT
#543
In my opinion there is no point for the tracker to claim at this point. Maybe closer to the night if he can prevent a mislynch but for the moment there is no point to it unless he have evidence against a mafia(which I highly doubt).
Evulrabbitz
Profile Joined July 2012
Sweden134 Posts
July 08 2012 03:41 GMT
#549
I don't know. I feel it's safer for the tracker to claim if he has information that can prevent a mislynch. If he doesn't possess this information it doesn't matter if he claims or not. If he can clear suspicion of just one player we can wait until closer to night and see if the lynch is destined for that player, in which case he can claim. If he has evidence against mafia he should claim immediately, this is however very unlikely since there is still a Miller in play.

If he claims both me and him have a 50/50 chance to die. If he doesn't have to claim at all the medic can save me instead.

On me faking this claim. I have already made a case for my innocence. I also believe my role claim is further proof for my innocence (if you want me to elaborate this please ask).

Note: The tracker might also be a she so replace the "he"s for "she"s if necessary.
Evulrabbitz
Profile Joined July 2012
Sweden134 Posts
July 08 2012 03:43 GMT
#550
In the event a mafia player does NOT use his role, he will be tracked to the kill target.


The only threat to the credibility of the Trackers information is the Miller.
Evulrabbitz
Profile Joined July 2012
Sweden134 Posts
July 08 2012 04:03 GMT
#554
But, where did that suspicion on me go? For a moment there, on page 10, there was suspicion on me and poof... It suddenly vanished? Maybe both of them went to sleep after they posted that, they sure left in a hurry


This was regarding my case against Release early on. There was a lot going on, but I still find it odd that you didn't even attempt to defend yourself.

caught up and evul has wasted a hell of a lot of time talking about circumstance/hypothetical scenarios about D1, despite the fact that we have passed day 1.

He also tried the if this, then that bullshit. I don't really see what town motivation would cause this, but as a scum, it's trying to survive without an analytical basis.


This is just plain false. Exactly that reasoning was a proof of my innocence (unless both me and Lazer are mafia, in which case my whole argumentation would fall). Now that we know both Lazer and I can't be mafia the "waste of time" you are talking about is solid proof I am innocent.
Evulrabbitz
Profile Joined July 2012
Sweden134 Posts
July 08 2012 04:06 GMT
#556
I don't think I need to state this, but I'm going to do it anyway.

Being able to provide evidence of a player's alignment is townie play, regardless of the alignment proven.
Evulrabbitz
Profile Joined July 2012
Sweden134 Posts
July 08 2012 05:30 GMT
#562
Tracked EvulRabbit, knew he was DT. Confirmed.


Damnit dude, there was no point for you to role-claim =( This just makes both of us unsafe.


(Your seemed worried for no reason N1 >_>)


what? :S
Evulrabbitz
Profile Joined July 2012
Sweden134 Posts
July 08 2012 05:38 GMT
#566
Some people thought he was medic. Maybe the mafia did too. I don't really know what they base their power roles guesses on but still
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
FoxeR 76
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4495
Leta 1567
Bale 59
Shine 32
ZergMaN 10
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm264
League of Legends
JimRising 642
Other Games
summit1g8104
WinterStarcraft578
Sick122
Mew2King35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick507
BasetradeTV189
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta27
• Letter1415
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2118
League of Legends
• Lourlo856
• Rush616
Other Games
• Shiphtur343
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 46m
Patches Events
9h 46m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 46m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 46m
OSC
17h 46m
OSC
1d 6h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.