• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:47
CEST 23:47
KST 06:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8185 users

SSB-64 Mafia

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
HomerunBat
Profile Joined June 2012
Oman114 Posts
June 28 2012 22:29 GMT
#66
Hi all this is the ShiaoPi/s0Lstice hydra

+ Show Spoiler +
bat item is best item
*PING*
HomerunBat
Profile Joined June 2012
Oman114 Posts
July 02 2012 00:06 GMT
#90
First choice for character attained here. I support also Hiro's idea of having some order over item distrubution/location picking, rather than it being a cluster fuck.
*PING*
HomerunBat
Profile Joined June 2012
Oman114 Posts
July 02 2012 00:06 GMT
#91
How many SSB games have been played on TL?
I would be curious about the sample size you base your conclusions from iGrok. Bold words from you

@Hiro
Your idea with controlling the itemgrabbing for town sounds really good, supporting it as long as we can get some good way to distribute it.

We also got our first pick

-ShiaoPi
*PING*
HomerunBat
Profile Joined June 2012
Oman114 Posts
July 02 2012 00:12 GMT
#92
we're not a hydra, we're just a very agreeable schizo

+ Show Spoiler +
hopefully this is the last time we ninja each other xD
*PING*
HomerunBat
Profile Joined June 2012
Oman114 Posts
July 02 2012 00:57 GMT
#95
Yea I phrased that wrong. The person who is picking people's spots will also be deciding which two locations (early on) have two people, and who those people are I assume?

-s0L
*PING*
HomerunBat
Profile Joined June 2012
Oman114 Posts
July 02 2012 01:09 GMT
#98
Ah I got it now. Put me on the record for liking your way more than iGrok's way, assuming Toad is ok with it of course.

-s0L
*PING*
HomerunBat
Profile Joined June 2012
Oman114 Posts
July 02 2012 11:03 GMT
#106
I must admit, I have a hard time believing a bus driver being town-aligned, given the random (at least I assume so) distribution of alignment it is not out of the realm of possibility though. I disagree about mass claiming now. Why do you want to give scum the only information they are lacking?
Also regarding the split on hyrule I do not think it would be beneficial, spreading makes sure that at least some of us will get tornado damage( since it is random) also there is no benefit for spreading randomly, we will get stock changes by the next daypost and it would be much better for town if we avoid unnecessary damage

-Shiao
*PING*
HomerunBat
Profile Joined June 2012
Oman114 Posts
July 02 2012 16:15 GMT
#121
On July 03 2012 01:15 ShiaoPi wrote:
Thinking about the whole random damage stuff, I guess there really is no way to avoid the damage. But I would suggest all piling up in one spot, so if one gets damage all get it. It would add more transparency to the whole thing and we can easily make out if someone tries to avoid it.
If you don't like that idea, I am also open to the spread I guess. With more than 1 person in each zone, at least we can confirm if somebody dodged the zone if he did not get damage when the other one did.

Given toads reluctance to allow randomizer, we should probably get along with the plan iGrok laid out. At least it is a way to make item distribution more transparent.



goddamn :S

-Shiao
*PING*
HomerunBat
Profile Joined June 2012
Oman114 Posts
July 02 2012 18:33 GMT
#140
Sounds okay.

-ShiaoPi
*PING*
HomerunBat
Profile Joined June 2012
Oman114 Posts
July 02 2012 18:44 GMT
#144
Okay we all go left for the stage.
I think everyone voiced support for the distribution of the item areas as well. So where would you like to have us?
Or am I just derping hard now?

-Shiao
*PING*
HomerunBat
Profile Joined June 2012
Oman114 Posts
July 02 2012 18:49 GMT
#148
@dedede
If someone does not follow and has a different number of stock than the rest of us, they better have a damn good reason for it
*PING*
HomerunBat
Profile Joined June 2012
Oman114 Posts
July 02 2012 19:05 GMT
#160
On July 03 2012 04:04 Risen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2012 04:02 iGrok wrote:
Item locations may change depending on how the rest of the day goes. If I get some reads I'll switch you in.


Also, I'm confused on this everyone go left thing for position. All of town potentially losing stock is way worse than the potential of mafia losing some stock, right?


I would say that stock for mafia is more valuable as they have less in total compared to town.
*PING*
HomerunBat
Profile Joined June 2012
Oman114 Posts
July 02 2012 23:07 GMT
#283
I'm reading the current posts right now, it'll be me (s0L) for the rest of the night. Posting soon with my thoughts.
*PING*
HomerunBat
Profile Joined June 2012
Oman114 Posts
July 03 2012 00:03 GMT
#293
Alright. We have been pretty lurky. This is true. We are also both playing in LVI right now, and this is the first hydra for both of us. We have chatted a fair amount in our hydra QT, and after ninja posting each other, have maybe been a little shy about posting without clearing it with the other guy.

As I said though, it's all me tonight, and it's past time to post something concrete.

Risen- I think he is town. His poking and prodding of iGrok kick-started a lot of discussion. He has been bold and fearless in his disagreements, when it would have been so much easier to be passive, agree with the plan (like everyone else was doing), and not be worse off for it.

iGrok- Shiao thought he had some weird ideas, but didn't think scum. This was from earlier, and I don't think it had changed. I don't think he is scum. Regarding his derp: it was either intentional or unintentional. Intentionally going against his own plan when it would be so bloody obvious that he did so is plain stupid from both a town or scum perspective. It must have been unintentional. I don't think he would make such an egregious mistake as scum. Think about it, he has since day 1 grabbed town by the balls and said 'this is what we should do, and here's how you know you can trust me.' It would be extremely bold, and require a LOT of work and attention to detail to keep up the facade. If he was actually going for that play style, you can bet your ass he'd have gotten his location PM right, because he'd be hyper aware of any miss-steps.

This means it was unintentional town. Over and done imo.

I want to lynch either Mister Saturn or grush today.

Mister Saturn- His anger at iGrok seems very weird. It is honestly not difficult to think through what iGrok did, yet Saturn is all about shooting him. Yea it sucks he hasn't posted why he carried you, but is that really a reason to shoot him? Him overblowing the mistake looks scummy to me.

grush- not much to say here. I've played with him before and he doesn't post much even with only 1 game going on. He is also in LVI, and is silent there too. I want him dead, plain and simple. We will be sorry if he is there late game. Flying spaghetti monster help us if he gets any items.

Some other errata.. kingdedede's openness with the Yoshi claim gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. They are right that bus-driver can be crazy destructive in town hands, which makes the claim/transparency all the more pro-town. They claim they will explain all of their switches in detail, so I'm waiting to see what comes of that.

Regarding talismania, I'd like to see more from him. He's begun to hunt for scum, but has been relatively quiet. I will say I that I don't like how he relies heavily on mod motivations for role splitting. This is Toad's game and unless you are in his head you won't know how he wanted to run this. We can make some generalizations about the typical set-up, but the first tool for scum hunting is and always will be the filters. I'm keeping my eye on him.

Cephiro commented on Shiao's post about the bus-driver thing. I'll leave the final word to him obviously, but I will say that we had talked about Yoshi in our hydra QT and about how damaging they can be as a town-member. We were hesitant to pick Yoshi based on this, for fear that we would get towned, and end up possibly doing more harm than good. Others may be more confident of their skill here, but I can understand his thought process given our discussion.

-s0L










*PING*
HomerunBat
Profile Joined June 2012
Oman114 Posts
July 03 2012 00:15 GMT
#296
is that addressed to me Mr. Saturn?
*PING*
HomerunBat
Profile Joined June 2012
Oman114 Posts
July 03 2012 00:27 GMT
#299
Yea I kinda did provide reasoning. I pretty clearly read iGrok's derp as a townie mistake, and your reaction to it is telling. Are you still going to shoot iGrok?

Also, there are two scum. Grush may be scum, I don't have any idea. I don't think anybody does. I don't want him around in the SSB version of LYLO.

Depending on how talismania spends the rest of day 1, I might replace grush with him. I want to hear what Shiao has to say on him too.

*PING*
HomerunBat
Profile Joined June 2012
Oman114 Posts
July 03 2012 01:09 GMT
#306
Hiro/saturn- You're right, I assumed your question was in regards to my post. I see now you were asking me about iGrok.

I agree with you that the way he is hopping around doesn't look good. He picked you to carry earlier on in the day, claimed you were scum. Some time elapsed, then he was wanting to kill talismania and grush. Since he provides no reasoning, it's impossible to know why his mind changed, but it could be as simple as that. He got his first scum read on you, chose to carry. Somewhere in the interim he decided you weren't scum, and switched horses. He can't uncarry you until night 1.

His derp looks town to me. I'm not shy in saying it. That's why at this point I'm assuming he just changed his mind on you, and in his hubris didn't think he had to explain. He promises that he will next day, and when he does I'll adjust accordingly.
*PING*
HomerunBat
Profile Joined June 2012
Oman114 Posts
July 03 2012 01:52 GMT
#308
On July 03 2012 07:15 iGrok wrote:
shoot me if you want, it was a derp I think top left as the first zone and so I put myself there.

You should probably be able to guess why i picked you, you're scum. On the bright side of this derp, scum's at 2 stock lol.


Posted at 07:15. Like I said, some time elapses, before he switches to talismania.

On July 03 2012 07:44 iGrok wrote:
I can't tell my reasoning on saturn until tomorrow.

Top picks for lynch are ##Vote: Talisman


Just under a half hour. It doesn't take a lot of time to change a mind. He speaks about Saturn in the interim, but everything he says easily fits to the idea that he has changed his mind. He wants to explain why he carried him when he did. He said before that he had a feeling, which can reference when he chose to carry Saturn as well. Since he voted talismania he hasn't said saturn is scum as far as I can see.

The explanation is going to be important. I think it's possible he changed his mind on the fly, but I can also see how frenetic it looks, like chaffing under the pressure.

But back to the derp.. I've made wrong reads before, and I may be wrong here, but I maintain that it looks strongly town.

-s0L



*PING*
HomerunBat
Profile Joined June 2012
Oman114 Posts
July 03 2012 02:24 GMT
#310
that's some good work there grush.

Anyway, I'm off for the night. I'm dead now in LVI so I'll have a lot more time for this game.

-s0L
*PING*
HomerunBat
Profile Joined June 2012
Oman114 Posts
July 03 2012 10:32 GMT
#318
May I summarize the suspicion on us?
HE IS DEFENDING iGROK!!!!! LYNCH HIM!!!!

Seriously, if you think iGrok is scum why don't you try to flip him? solstice shared his read on iGrok as a townie who messed up, while I would consider him a nulltell from his reactions after the item/stage events concluded. I would be in favor of waiting and seeing the explanation he promised.
Now what of this read makes us scummy? If you think igrok is scum lynch him...

Regarding my choice of lynchtarget I would say grush deserves it. I know that he is always playing lurky until called out, so the earlier we pressure him, the earlier we can get some stuff to work on. Until now he has been terribly unhelpful.

##Vote: grush57

-Shiao
*PING*
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O151
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 529
ZZZero.O 151
Hyun 92
soO 47
Dota 2
qojqva2309
monkeys_forever187
League of Legends
Doublelift3726
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4368
Liquid`Hasu583
Other Games
summit1g10539
FrodaN1503
KnowMe268
Livibee193
JimRising 74
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick707
StarCraft 2
angryscii 37
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 83
• Adnapsc2 29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix5
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra706
Other Games
• imaqtpie1112
• Shiphtur596
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 13m
Patches Events
17h 13m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 13m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 13m
OSC
1d 1h
OSC
1d 14h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.