• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:08
CEST 06:08
KST 13:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7080 users

Pick Your Power: Redux - Page 7

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 87 Next
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18453 Posts
May 08 2012 08:44 GMT
#121
I was going to /in, but there's so many people. I'll watch from the sidelines.
Tunkeg
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Norway1235 Posts
May 08 2012 08:46 GMT
#122
Sounds like great fun. Filled up to fast though :/
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
May 08 2012 09:25 GMT
#123
too bad Hider role got changed. No more super good Mafia strat to run wild on the thread with.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-08 09:39:17
May 08 2012 09:38 GMT
#124
I have zero tolerance for flaming, and I will ban/modkill you. You have been warned


What constitutes as flaming?

The real reason I'm asking is I hate not being able to call people dumb when they're dumb. I find it really unbalanced that people are allowed to post stuff that's so stupid that it's borderline trolling, intentionally or not, but I'm not allowed to say that everything they're saying is incredibly dumb and worthless.

ie: If I join, can I call people dumb when they're dumb?

To clarify, I want to call whatever people are saying dumb, not insult the person directly, though most of the time an indirect insult is taken.
Computer says mafia
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-08 10:54:18
May 08 2012 10:32 GMT
#125
The 2nd number in drafting phase only works as a "who goes first out of the people who have to go last"?

Edit: Ok figured it out myself by now.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Tunkeg
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Norway1235 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-08 10:53:41
May 08 2012 10:53 GMT
#126
On May 08 2012 18:38 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
I have zero tolerance for flaming, and I will ban/modkill you. You have been warned


What constitutes as flaming?

The real reason I'm asking is I hate not being able to call people dumb when they're dumb. I find it really unbalanced that people are allowed to post stuff that's so stupid that it's borderline trolling, intentionally or not, but I'm not allowed to say that everything they're saying is incredibly dumb and worthless.

ie: If I join, can I call people dumb when they're dumb?

To clarify, I want to call whatever people are saying dumb, not insult the person directly, though most of the time an indirect insult is taken.


Why do you hate not beeing able to call someone dumb? Do you go around calling people dumb in your daily life as well? If all played this game like they would if it were a live, I think there would be no need to clarify what is ok and what is not.

I see two reasons for calling someone (or what they write) dumb->stupid->retarded and that is; one: anger two: domination technique. And you could argue that domination techniques should play a part in mafia, but just as in real life domination techniques are really counterproductive. It can win you an arguement (even though you are completely wrong), and it works for pushing your own agenda. But in any environment where cooperation is key cheap domination techniques only have negative effects (Be it in a company, in a family, on a sportsteam).

Some people see Mafia as a ME v The rest kind of game, and for them I can see using domination techniques as a valid tactic. Yeah, and also for scum it is a valid tactic, as it really disrupt the threads and alienate players.
Hassybaby
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom10823 Posts
May 08 2012 10:56 GMT
#127
Palmar, use Dickensian flaming. Then you can still call someone dumb, but everyone thinks you're a perfect gentleman when doing it
"These guys are mindfucking me into a sex coma" | "Mayonnaise is a must-have lubricant when performing necrophilia"
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
May 08 2012 10:58 GMT
#128
real men don't cooperate with scum
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-08 11:10:59
May 08 2012 11:04 GMT
#129
On May 08 2012 19:56 Hassybaby wrote:
Palmar, use Dickensian flaming. Then you can still call someone dumb, but everyone thinks you're a perfect gentleman when doing it

and wbg will want to lynch you for that. So before doing that you have to check wether or not wbg is in the game as well.

Edit: Oh crap those roles are so awesome. There's at least 2 roles I always dreamt of playing and 2 more roles that look REALLY sexy to me :3
Screw you GM for making me dissapointed either way: "ooooh, I've got A and I always wanted to play A, but that means I won't get to play X,Y and Z this time "

This game is going to be so awesome :p
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
risk.nuke
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden2825 Posts
May 08 2012 11:10 GMT
#130
+ Show Spoiler [Gm's silly rules] +
On May 06 2012 03:06 GMarshal wrote:
Additional GMarshal rules

If you read nothing else, read this

1.) Play nice. This is a refined game, I expect you all to behave like Gentlemen (or Ladies, as the case may be). I will not hesitate to modkill or outright ban you for excessive behavior, this includes abusive language and personal attacks. I don't mind you saying "fuck" every once in a while, I don't want to see "FUCKING DIPISHIT, FUCK MAFIA FUCKING SPAM FUCK FUCK FUCK DICKNIPPLES". I'm tired of that kind of shit. Standard tl behavior rules. No personal attacks. The occasional "you idiot T.T" or such post (especially if warranted) is ok, no more than that though.

2.) Don't spam. This isn't IRC, try to consolidate your posts, its horrible when pages 20-80 are all one line posts between two players yelling at each other

3.) Activity. Yes, the guideline is one post per cycle and a vote, but I'll be disappoined if that is the most you do. I do keep track of activity levels, so if you are really inactive I'll make sure you don't get invited to any of my future invitationals, or get preference in signups. Too inactive and I might blacklist you altogether.

4.) Memes and Gifs. Zero tolerance pretty much, as in elsewhere on tl, I will not allow them. Pictures that are not memes are generally ok. No memes (u mad?) or stupid gifs or meme based image macros. Its stupid and belongs on 4chan.

5.) Have fun. This is a game, the point is to enjoy yourself, so by all means, roleplay to your hearts content, lynch mafia, kill townies, dance and have a ball, there is no point in stressing out over a game.

So if I understand rule 4 and 1 correctly and I'll attempt to adress them in one stone. It would be wildly inapropriate for me to post something like this when the game starts?
[image loading]
Neo.G Soulkey, Best, firebathero. // http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
Adam4167
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia1426 Posts
May 08 2012 11:15 GMT
#131
On May 08 2012 20:04 Toadesstern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2012 19:56 Hassybaby wrote:
Palmar, use Dickensian flaming. Then you can still call someone dumb, but everyone thinks you're a perfect gentleman when doing it

and wbg will want to lynch you for that. So before doing that you have to check wether or not wbg is in the game as well.

Edit: Oh crap those roles are so awesome. There's at least 2 roles I always dreamt of playing and 2 more roles that look REALLY sexy to me :3
Screw you GM for making me dissapointed either way: "ooooh, I've got A and I always wanted to play A, but that means I won't get to play X,Y and Z this time "

This game is going to be so awesome :p


You should pick the compulsive vig, I hear that ends well.


I have no idea what role I want to play, maybe ill just shut my eyes and randomly point at the screen when its my turn.
Jitsu
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States929 Posts
May 08 2012 11:16 GMT
#132
What the...I go to work..come back..check TLMafia, and GM's game is already posted and filled.

That actually really disappointed me...

I guess i'll put myself in as a replacement anyway.../in.
Zerg Player in CheckMate Gaming - http://checkmategaming.webs.com/
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-08 11:25:52
May 08 2012 11:19 GMT
#133
On May 08 2012 20:15 Adam4167 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2012 20:04 Toadesstern wrote:
On May 08 2012 19:56 Hassybaby wrote:
Palmar, use Dickensian flaming. Then you can still call someone dumb, but everyone thinks you're a perfect gentleman when doing it

and wbg will want to lynch you for that. So before doing that you have to check wether or not wbg is in the game as well.

Edit: Oh crap those roles are so awesome. There's at least 2 roles I always dreamt of playing and 2 more roles that look REALLY sexy to me :3
Screw you GM for making me dissapointed either way: "ooooh, I've got A and I always wanted to play A, but that means I won't get to play X,Y and Z this time "

This game is going to be so awesome :p


You should pick the compulsive vig, I hear that ends well.


I have no idea what role I want to play, maybe ill just shut my eyes and randomly point at the screen when its my turn.

actually that's what I thought about, together with Dayvig. I want to be Palmar "post your spreadsheet or I'll blast you away" just if I realy end up being a dayvig I know there's noone else being a day-vig so obviouly I won't have the usual palmerish problems.
I could bring his strategy to perfection!

Edit: LOL screw that. I'm picking town godfather
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
May 08 2012 11:30 GMT
#134
seems like there is no compulsive vig tho

what hapens with town GFs and scum Traitors? a scum Traitor would be pretty fucking awesome IMO. When targeted by night actions, becomes town. Except he can communicate with scum! Maybe it should have a limitation tho, which is "cannot claim their teammates without a real case, otherwise town loses" :D

Or just disallow scum traitors.
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
risk.nuke
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden2825 Posts
May 08 2012 11:35 GMT
#135
On May 08 2012 20:30 Zephirdd wrote:
seems like there is no compulsive vig tho

what hapens with town GFs and scum Traitors? a scum Traitor would be pretty fucking awesome IMO. When targeted by night actions, becomes town. Except he can communicate with scum! Maybe it should have a limitation tho, which is "cannot claim their teammates without a real case, otherwise town loses" :D

Or just disallow scum traitors.

The way I understood it Mafia-roles can only be picked by mafia.
Neo.G Soulkey, Best, firebathero. // http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
May 08 2012 11:37 GMT
#136
Traitor is a mafia-role that should only be picked by town.
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
May 08 2012 11:38 GMT
#137
On May 08 2012 20:30 Zephirdd wrote:
seems like there is no compulsive vig tho

what hapens with town GFs and scum Traitors? a scum Traitor would be pretty fucking awesome IMO. When targeted by night actions, becomes town. Except he can communicate with scum! Maybe it should have a limitation tho, which is "cannot claim their teammates without a real case, otherwise town loses" :D

Or just disallow scum traitors.


Traitor - You hold no allegiance to the town. If you are targeted by Scum at night with any action, instead of that action happening you'll be recruited by them instead. You lose if the Mafia lose. However you are part of the town count before recruitment.

seems like he isn't changing alignments, he gets to be mafia. So a town traitor who gets shot or whatever else gets to be mafia and a mafia traitor who gets shot or whatever else gets to be mafia as well (read: nothing changes).

However I don't really like the traitor role at all. Sounds a little imba to me. Instant -1town and +1mafia and you know you'll end up being in the mafia team? I don't see a reason why a townie should not want that given the assumption that it's balanced before roles are picked is true.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Adam4167
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia1426 Posts
May 08 2012 11:41 GMT
#138
I was taking a cheap shot at Toads play in Arkham.

I could have totally got behind your coin-flipping shenanigans if you were Two-Face, in fact I would have praised you for getting into the role.


Take Town Janitor and then never use it, Toad. I loathe no flips.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-08 11:50:11
May 08 2012 11:48 GMT
#139
On May 08 2012 20:41 Adam4167 wrote:
I was taking a cheap shot at Toads play in Arkham.

I could have totally got behind your coin-flipping shenanigans if you were Two-Face, in fact I would have praised you for getting into the role.


Take Town Janitor and then never use it, Toad. I loathe no flips.

I got that :p

And no lol, I'm not going to pick town janitor, but picking mafia roles as town sounds interesting for most mafia roles.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
May 08 2012 11:59 GMT
#140
/in
Computer says mafia
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 87 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft465
RuFF_SC2 203
ViBE105
Nina 92
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3411
GuemChi 1015
Leta 111
Terrorterran 86
Bale 39
NaDa 32
Dota 2
febbydoto6
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox904
Mew2King34
Other Games
summit1g7391
JimRising 592
C9.Mang0286
Trikslyr36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick749
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 90
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 7
• Azhi_Dahaki3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota274
League of Legends
• Lourlo1146
• Stunt345
Other Games
• Shiphtur512
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
11h 52m
The PondCast
1d 5h
INu's Battles
1d 6h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 18h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.