• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:45
CEST 23:45
KST 06:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8161 users

Pick Your Power Interesting!

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
heist
Profile Joined April 2011
United States720 Posts
September 30 2011 01:26 GMT
#42
/in
heist
Profile Joined April 2011
United States720 Posts
October 12 2011 19:18 GMT
#318
I support only 3 roles being the top 3 mandatory picks: inventor, thief, role swap. I think it's crucial we have some accountability. With only 3 roles there is also a much lower chance of getting your role stolen if we are just looking at the top 3. The town can control their actions and it forces them to use their powers for town-oriented goals.

Although Radfield, how do you envision the relationship between inventor, thief, and role swapper working? Should they confirm each? Leave each other alone?

One other thing I want to mention. Rockstar is guarded by vanilla townies OR mafia. Don't go confirming yourself to your bodyguards.
heist
Profile Joined April 2011
United States720 Posts
October 12 2011 19:26 GMT
#320
And as Radfield put it, the alternative is not knowing who the inventor is AND not getting a red kill.
heist
Profile Joined April 2011
United States720 Posts
October 13 2011 03:15 GMT
#386
1, 17

ya.... didn't want to pick early anyways
heist
Profile Joined April 2011
United States720 Posts
October 13 2011 03:16 GMT
#388
i was being sarcastic. for some reason i thought the second number had priority the closer you are to 20.
heist
Profile Joined April 2011
United States720 Posts
October 13 2011 03:22 GMT
#392
I also didn't think it mattered how many times a number was repeated. So I went with 1 thinking if a number is going to get repeated, it might as well be 1.

So I think we can all agree this subtly confirms me as townie since if I was mafia my teammates would have corrected me.
heist
Profile Joined April 2011
United States720 Posts
October 14 2011 06:45 GMT
#516
I'm curious. Are we overall wanting to vote someone high in the draft order to protect high value roles or low in the draft to limit the abusiveness of the mayoral position?

Syllogism you seem to trust Mig. That's great, but if Mig is mayor, I strongly ask that you don't try to be pardoner. You two seem to be cooperating at some level but I feel the Mayor and Pardoner should be completely separate, working against each somewhat, rather than together. I think it's better right now if the two can't work together as one.
heist
Profile Joined April 2011
United States720 Posts
October 15 2011 01:52 GMT
#646
Radfield has my vote for pure town presence. He's been very active, reasonable, and is quite a level-headed guy.

On the subject of syllogism, sandroba, and mig, I'm pretty sure they legitimately think each other are town. I've played enough with them especially MercMini2 to know they immediately gravitate towards each other in PM games.

heist
Profile Joined April 2011
United States720 Posts
October 15 2011 02:40 GMT
#655
On October 15 2011 11:20 Node wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2011 10:52 heist wrote:
Radfield has my vote for pure town presence. He's been very active, reasonable, and is quite a level-headed guy.

On the subject of syllogism, sandroba, and mig, I'm pretty sure they legitimately think each other are town. I've played enough with them especially MercMini2 to know they immediately gravitate towards each other in PM games.



They may legitimately think each other are town, but does that mean they are actually town? The only one that I know much of anything about in this game is sandroba, and jimbo did make some good points against him, though I'm less sure now since he backed off more-or-less completely. With the other two, it's completely heresay. I don't have a read either way, and it scares me that people are convincing themselves that they're town.

Jimbo, if elected, do you still plan to lynch sandroba? If not, who? Why?

Chaoser, are you even still running? What are you up to? I still have no idea what your platform is, beyond "I was good at hunting scum a couple of times".


I'm not saying I think they are town. I'm simply saying I don't find it scummy or suspicious that the three of them think each other are town.

At this point, if you are running for mayor, I think you need to propose a lynch target and depending on how many votes you have, we can start discussing the merits.

On October 15 2011 05:54 supersoft wrote:
okay, i vote for Mig as mayor. my reasoning is simple. I know mig from former PM games and he's active all the time. I don't trust anyone because we have like a 40% scumrate. If someone disagrees with that, I am in irc for further discussion.


Can you expound more on this? Your only reason is activity which is not even purely a town quality (as opposed to something like scum-hunting, scum reads, etc). Have you had any conversations with him? If so, I'd also like Syllo's take on Supersoft.

heist
Profile Joined April 2011
United States720 Posts
October 15 2011 02:43 GMT
#656
Prplhz, why are you acting so prickly over WBG revealing what you think of him?
heist
Profile Joined April 2011
United States720 Posts
October 15 2011 18:52 GMT
#730
I'll be keeping my vote on Radfield. None of this, I PMed him. He comes across as town. If you are running for mayor I want you posting in the thread itself. The mayors at least should be leaving a mark on the thread, being active, contributing. Mig and Greymist, I feel like you two are feeling secure that you have a couple people believing you're town and doing pretty minimal stuff in the actual forum. I can't tell what you guys really are because you aren't active enough in-thread.

Do I know you guys are town? No. I can't just trust others telling me Greymist is town based on their conversations. And you guys expect me to have PM conversations in order judge for myself. Rather I expect you guys to start posting more in thread to more accurately gauge your alignments.

Radfield, at least, has been doing just that and even though he is better than most at hiding his mafia alignment, he's one of the most active players in thread right now and a really good scum-hunter.
heist
Profile Joined April 2011
United States720 Posts
October 15 2011 19:05 GMT
#732
and the other candidates? they aren't exactly exuding townie to me.

And that implies that no matter what Radfield does, he needs to be killed off immediately since he's so unreadable.

heist
Profile Joined April 2011
United States720 Posts
October 15 2011 19:24 GMT
#737
On October 16 2011 04:16 chaoser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2011 04:05 heist wrote:
and the other candidates? they aren't exactly exuding townie to me.

And that implies that no matter what Radfield does, he needs to be killed off immediately since he's so unreadable.



??? So why would you vote him into a office that basically prevents him from getting killed on night cycles if he needs to be killed off immediately and he's unreadable? How would you read someone to decide if he's mafia or not if he's unreadable?


I'm making the point of the opposite. I don't want him killed off early purely for how good he is as mafia member.

Here's how the leading candidates stand with me:

greymist: no idea for alignment. hasn't posted much in thread. really quick bandwagon to elect him that comes from nowhere. less experienced than the other two.

mig: no real effort to contribute to the actual thread. can't tell what he is again because I'm primarily looking at the thread.

radfield: ideal townie so far. his only real fault it seems is that he is known to act really townie even as mafia.

I'll take actual effort and activity over anything else at this point.


heist
Profile Joined April 2011
United States720 Posts
October 15 2011 19:44 GMT
#741
On October 16 2011 04:36 wherebugsgo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2011 04:24 heist wrote:
On October 16 2011 04:16 chaoser wrote:
On October 16 2011 04:05 heist wrote:
and the other candidates? they aren't exactly exuding townie to me.

And that implies that no matter what Radfield does, he needs to be killed off immediately since he's so unreadable.



??? So why would you vote him into a office that basically prevents him from getting killed on night cycles if he needs to be killed off immediately and he's unreadable? How would you read someone to decide if he's mafia or not if he's unreadable?


I'm making the point of the opposite. I don't want him killed off early purely for how good he is as mafia member.



What the fuuuck

This makes no sense whatsoever to me


Should we kill off Radfield just because he's really good as scum no matter how town he acts? No.
heist
Profile Joined April 2011
United States720 Posts
October 15 2011 19:48 GMT
#744
chaoser somehow took my statement as me wanting to kill radfield
heist
Profile Joined April 2011
United States720 Posts
October 15 2011 20:04 GMT
#753
no you imply that I want radfield to be killed off
heist
Profile Joined April 2011
United States720 Posts
October 15 2011 20:06 GMT
#754
I would agree with not electing Radfield if I thought with a much greater certainty Mig or Greymist was town.
heist
Profile Joined April 2011
United States720 Posts
October 15 2011 20:09 GMT
#757
I never implied that you wanted Radfield killed off. This is getting stupid.
heist
Profile Joined April 2011
United States720 Posts
October 15 2011 20:10 GMT
#759
Do you?
heist
Profile Joined April 2011
United States720 Posts
October 15 2011 20:13 GMT
#761
That it sounds ridiculous. The final end path of refusing to vote for radfield purely for his history.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O167
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 533
ZZZero.O 167
Hyun 80
soO 52
Dota 2
qojqva2335
monkeys_forever169
League of Legends
Doublelift3499
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4613
Liquid`Hasu572
Other Games
summit1g10539
FrodaN1520
KnowMe277
Livibee183
JimRising 25
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick698
StarCraft 2
angryscii 39
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 85
• Adnapsc2 29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix5
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra683
Other Games
• imaqtpie1075
• Shiphtur596
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 15m
Patches Events
17h 15m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 15m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 15m
OSC
1d 1h
OSC
1d 14h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.