• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:57
CEST 10:57
KST 17:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6820 users

Resurrection Mafia - Page 52

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 50 51 52 53 Next
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
September 09 2011 00:48 GMT
#1021
You are not a mere townie. Your role is actually Secret Coroner's Apprentice

Welcome to Resurrection Mafia. Your role is Coroner's Apprentice. Three times per game, you may examine a player who has died to determine alignment and role. May be used any time, and will instantly return the information (as soon as I get the pm). You may use your ability up to twice per day. If the coroner is returned to life, you will return to your townie ways.

I didnt claim in full in case I didn't get lynched and you weren't revived so I would have 1 more check. That day i did check you and varp tho.
OriginalName
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada1140 Posts
September 09 2011 00:51 GMT
#1022
I apoligize to my scumteam for being bad at this game.
OriginalName
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada1140 Posts
September 09 2011 00:51 GMT
#1023
also I totally didnt realize i didnt vote >_<
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
September 09 2011 00:52 GMT
#1024
herp derp :D

It's not like roles actually matter when everyone posts enough on day one to get complete reads on everything.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
September 09 2011 00:52 GMT
#1025
can we see the mafia qt?

I wanna see the reasoning behind your n1 kills.
Computer says mafia
OriginalName
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada1140 Posts
September 09 2011 00:53 GMT
#1026
http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/sVtekaWPaDZ24
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
September 09 2011 00:53 GMT
#1027
On September 09 2011 09:39 redFF wrote:
Meh I don't think my claim was that bad considering it helped find 2 of the mafia on the shitty wagon on me. Ace I understand what you were doing, but your reads were way off though this game


Yes because between you and sinani there was just too much "too good to be true" about the way your roles worked - why wouldn't I read into that as something fishy? Remember Sinani claimed that you got PM that told you he is the coroner, while you claimed to not have checked Sinani.

Now why would I think this is true when that would be just too broken for the Town to have. Add in your shoddy role claim and not revealing Varp's role (the biggest problem with your RC) and I was suspect from the start.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Curu
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada2817 Posts
September 09 2011 00:54 GMT
#1028
lol points for me:

redFF calling the two scum (ON, bum) under pressure on day 1 "Town reads"
redFF saying Day 2 that his play was good because he got his top two suspects lynched when:

1) He had checked both of them at that point and knew they were both Town
2) Their lynches were completely Mafia influenced

<3
wat
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-09 00:57:42
September 09 2011 00:56 GMT
#1029
Role List and Actions

A couple notes about this game for behind the scenes roles.
Necromancer was a Mafia group ability. As long as there was a mafia member alive to use it, they could. This was in addition to each player's individual role.

Coroner had two checks that could be used at any time. Coroner's Apprentice inherited unused checks, and got an extra check. When setting up the game, I didn't think about if the coroner got killed before he used the checks. No one thought about that. But when redFF got 3 checks in one day, I realized that was way too strong - so I capped it at 2, since the original Coroner had 2. When the Coroner came back to life, he inherited the unused check remaining (red used 2 of 3).

Godsend counts as a Blocking Effect.




A few notes on Mod mistakes:

When Jackal was killed by the minion shot, he knew it would happen. I told him via pm that he would be revived in 1 day because he knew that he would.

The order of actions was always Blocks, Lynches, Kills, Others. I tried to write it in a way that Jackal's claim would be conceivable but failed horribly.
Nightless meant lynches had to be counted as night super-kills that happened first. But the Inhibitor role had me move all blocking actions to be before them. The other decision was Kills or Revives first, and that just came down to me not wanting the Priest to get a revive off if he was killed.
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
chaos13
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada885 Posts
September 09 2011 01:02 GMT
#1030
If you guys wanted Jackal to be confirmed town after being killed N1, you shouldn't have killed Snowman and Drazerk. Palmar, Sandroba/Ace and Jackal would have been a brilliant move in that case.
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
September 09 2011 01:03 GMT
#1031
Mod notes cont.

I don't remember who said it, but whoever said that Back-up roles are important in setups like this hit the nail on the head. Hence Necromancer being a team ability, and Priest and Coroner having backups.

Bum's claim was godawful.
So was Red's
So was sinani's.

I thought Jackal's claim was very good, and that's actually exactly the kind of role that I would have put into this game.

The idea to Minion Jackal was a good one that almost worked. He almost got enough town cred, but just not quite enough. Someone picked up on that - props to you.

I was really impressed by WBG's play this game. I liked what I saw in another game enough to give him the HP role, and it paid off really well for town.

MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
September 09 2011 01:05 GMT
#1032
WBG definitely has all it takes to be a great player, I said so already.

I didn't get jackal on day 1, I am disappointed, the other two were easy.

Thanks for hosting iGrok, the theme and the setup turned out to be really awesome. I think the vote-block was kinda op, but the rest was really good.
Computer says mafia
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
September 09 2011 01:09 GMT
#1033
I think that was me. I've played in setups with backups and while they are sometimes a "must", they aren't as powerful as Sinani/red made them out to be. Literally if the roles worked the way they said the Mafia would have 0 shot at winning the game as killing the Coroner actually sets them back. That's a bit absurd.

I was laughing at WBG all the time cuz I was like "please, continue this. I need to die'. Then WBG was like "wait, lets not lynch Ace" and I was like noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
September 09 2011 01:24 GMT
#1034
I said i checked sinani, sinani said i didn't check him. I did check sinani.
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
September 09 2011 01:39 GMT
#1035
On September 09 2011 10:09 Ace wrote:
I think that was me. I've played in setups with backups and while they are sometimes a "must", they aren't as powerful as Sinani/red made them out to be. Literally if the roles worked the way they said the Mafia would have 0 shot at winning the game as killing the Coroner actually sets them back. That's a bit absurd.

I was laughing at WBG all the time cuz I was like "please, continue this. I need to die'. Then WBG was like "wait, lets not lynch Ace" and I was like noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!




I thoroughly enjoyed our massive troll exchange LOL
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
September 09 2011 02:55 GMT
#1036
Bum if you ever shoot me again I'm going to shove your head up your ass.
My god that was fucking stupid.

Fuck you Bugs.
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
September 09 2011 02:57 GMT
#1037
On September 09 2011 10:02 chaos13 wrote:
If you guys wanted Jackal to be confirmed town after being killed N1, you shouldn't have killed Snowman and Drazerk. Palmar, Sandroba/Ace and Jackal would have been a brilliant move in that case.

I didn't know Batman was going to shoot me. That was thought up and executed all on his own. I should have just played stupid. Like the guy that shot me.
Life can only kill you once.
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
September 09 2011 02:58 GMT
#1038
On September 09 2011 11:55 Jackal58 wrote:
Bum if you ever shoot me again I'm going to shove your head up your ass.
My god that was fucking stupid.

Fuck you Bugs.


LOL
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
September 09 2011 03:02 GMT
#1039
[image loading]
Life can only kill you once.
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
September 09 2011 03:10 GMT
#1040
That was like almost too easy though.

ON was just a total derpfest (no offense lol I knew you were scum from that first post with the vote on Kenpachi), bum got caught day 1 and we never let that go, and then Jackal's lynch just seemed unsatisfactory because of how we caught him.

Thank god you guys shot Draz+sinani and not me+sinani cause then town would've had no HPs. The pious got lynched because of the retarded town antics we had going day 1. That might've turned out really well for you guys if you shot me instead of Draz.
Prev 1 50 51 52 53 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4138
Leta 2815
Soulkey 546
Soma 338
Rush 217
Barracks 153
Killer 61
Shine 34
Shinee 34
Hm[arnc] 25
[ Show more ]
Sharp 14
Dota 2
Gorgc1405
XcaliburYe195
League of Legends
JimRising 519
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King75
Other Games
gofns4916
WinterStarcraft705
Sick205
Pyrionflax137
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 40
• 3DClanTV 34
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2265
League of Legends
• Jankos2274
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 3m
Patches Events
6h 3m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 3m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 3m
OSC
14h 3m
OSC
1d 3h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.