• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:00
CEST 07:00
KST 14:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8296 users

TL Mafia XXXVIII - Page 6

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 15 2011 00:14 GMT
#2396
On April 15 2011 09:08 Protactinium wrote:
Please read my post. You're just ignoring logic and are building cases off of false assumptions.

This is too fucking funny to pass up.
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 15 2011 00:21 GMT
#2406
On April 15 2011 09:16 Protactinium wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2011 09:14 Jackal58 wrote:
On April 15 2011 09:08 Protactinium wrote:
Please read my post. You're just ignoring logic and are building cases off of false assumptions.

This is too fucking funny to pass up.

You didn't read my post! If you don't want to read any of the rest, at least read that one. You'll agree that it makes sense.

I did. I read it in it's entirety. I'm sorry. Call it what ever you want but I cannot read anything you say and go along with it. I won't go along with it. I feel like I'm compromising myself if I play your game. I won't do it.
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 15 2011 00:40 GMT
#2424
On April 15 2011 09:35 Protactinium wrote:Hold on. Watch GMarshal grudgingly vote Coagulation all the while complaining about the lynch. Take note of this. This is our Day 3 lynch target.

If Coag flips red I'll bring the rope. Hopefully you won't be around to make me feel like a chump.
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 15 2011 00:44 GMT
#2428
On April 15 2011 09:42 Protactinium wrote:
Seriously, its getting really obnoxious. Stop trying to keep discredit me. Its not working, get it? Even Mr. scum pardoner was forced to agree with me and vote his scumbuddy.

We don't have to. You did that.
Man why didn't you just play as Flamewheel and run for mayor without theatrics. You would have had my vote.
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 15 2011 00:50 GMT
#2432
On April 15 2011 09:45 Protactinium wrote:
You guys seem to not be making the distinction for when I am talking in the hypothetical and when I am not. Please read it over carefully if you still don't get it.

I get it. I really do. You want Coag lynched. It looks like you are going to get your wish. I just don't believe you. I think you are the one that doesn't get it.
You lied. Period. It doesn't matter if you are assassin, dt or fucking santa claus.
You lied. And it appears I'm not the only one that has a problem with that.
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 15 2011 00:59 GMT
#2438
On April 15 2011 09:47 Protactinium wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2011 09:44 Jackal58 wrote:
On April 15 2011 09:42 Protactinium wrote:
Seriously, its getting really obnoxious. Stop trying to keep discredit me. Its not working, get it? Even Mr. scum pardoner was forced to agree with me and vote his scumbuddy.

We don't have to. You did that.
Man why didn't you just play as Flamewheel and run for mayor without theatrics. You would have had my vote.


Again, people keep missing the point. Why be boring and run for mayor normally when you can draw out all the mafia? Look. Everyone is making the false assumption that I was trying to win the mayor election at all costs. That is not true. I am trying to win this game. And even if that means taking the risk of losing the mayor election, look how far its gotten me? This game will be decided once Coagulation flips red.

Do me a favor then. Present me with a list of your top 5 scum suspects sans Coag and GMarshall. Who have you outed with this gambit? If you are playing to "win" do it. I highly doubt you'll survive the night. So it's not like you are giving away any life or death information.
I have no problems with running gambits. I enjoy doing it. And I know I'm going to piss people off in the process. But I don't do them knowing the final outcome is going to be me dying. If your gambit was to out all the mafia tell me who you outed.
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 15 2011 01:04 GMT
#2446
On April 15 2011 10:02 Protactinium wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2011 09:59 Jackal58 wrote:
On April 15 2011 09:47 Protactinium wrote:
On April 15 2011 09:44 Jackal58 wrote:
On April 15 2011 09:42 Protactinium wrote:
Seriously, its getting really obnoxious. Stop trying to keep discredit me. Its not working, get it? Even Mr. scum pardoner was forced to agree with me and vote his scumbuddy.

We don't have to. You did that.
Man why didn't you just play as Flamewheel and run for mayor without theatrics. You would have had my vote.


Again, people keep missing the point. Why be boring and run for mayor normally when you can draw out all the mafia? Look. Everyone is making the false assumption that I was trying to win the mayor election at all costs. That is not true. I am trying to win this game. And even if that means taking the risk of losing the mayor election, look how far its gotten me? This game will be decided once Coagulation flips red.

Do me a favor then. Present me with a list of your top 5 scum suspects sans Coag and GMarshall. Who have you outed with this gambit? If you are playing to "win" do it. I highly doubt you'll survive the night. So it's not like you are giving away any life or death information.
I have no problems with running gambits. I enjoy doing it. And I know I'm going to piss people off in the process. But I don't do them knowing the final outcome is going to be me dying. If your gambit was to out all the mafia tell me who you outed.

Like I told Rean earlier, I'll post that after the lynch. After this lynch ends, there is a whole 24 hours before night ends. Relax. It will come. No reason to post it all now when priority number 1 is making sure that mafia don't save Coag.

I am relaxed. But I honestly wanted to know what you though before coag flips.
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 15 2011 01:34 GMT
#2491
On April 15 2011 10:27 Lemonwalrus wrote:
Don't waste your votes on Protactinium, THEY are probably about to get modkilled.

Explain please. I'm about to go to bed and this will give me nightmares.
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 15 2011 01:42 GMT
#2504
On April 15 2011 10:38 Lemonwalrus wrote:
If that is cheating, please modkill them, if you believe I have cheated in revealing this, modkill me.

Only Proact is in the game. Non issue.
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 15 2011 02:10 GMT
#2550
On April 15 2011 10:55 GMarshal wrote:
I'm not letting the assassin win. Hang me if you must.

I ran on policy and principles. I will uphold those now.

FIGHT FOR THE TOWN!

Don't pardon. Let coag die, it will green me and you, and red Flamewheel[/QUOTE]

I'm not willing to be reasonable about this.

I am sticking to my guns, if it means I die then so fucking be it.

See you in hell fw!

I do not lynch on the words of someone who is anti town
I do not follow a liar
I will not allow the town to do the same while it is in my power to prevent it.

This isn't about weather or not coag is scum, I dont give a damn if protac guessed right. This is about fighting for my principles

And I will be damned, to the pits of hell, if I go back on my principles. [/QUOTE]
As soon as you pardon anybody you have forfeited all of your principles.
The only thing any of us have when we get to the end of it all is our word.
Did I keep it. If you pardon you did not. Don't tell me about your principles.
That's my gimmick. Get your own.
Oh, I'm sticking to mine. I expect you to do the same.
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 15 2011 02:26 GMT
#2563
On April 15 2011 11:16 GMarshal wrote:
Because apparently I need to spell it out. These are principles that transcend this game. There are certain ways the town has to play to play well. There are reasons for LaL, and all my other policies, this isn't about the pardon being anti-town or not. This is about teaching you fools how town should play. If I have to die to prove the point that you are being stupid and playing badly then so be it.

At least I will have played like an absolute dumbass

Sometimes its about more than just winning.

I fixed that for you.
If you can't see that doing the one thing you said you would never do compromises your principles more than allowing town to be stupid you really are dense.
Fucking Democrats.
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 15 2011 02:29 GMT
#2564
On April 15 2011 11:21 GMarshal wrote:No, the thought didn't even cross my mind. I am not stupid, there are reasons behind what I am doing

Jury is still out on that man.
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 15 2011 09:58 GMT
#2830
Wtf?????
I knew I shouldn't have read this first thing.
Hell I don't even know if we are still playing or not.
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 15 2011 16:22 GMT
#2842
On April 16 2011 01:00 Qatol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2011 17:55 chaoser wrote:
Yeah, I don't think he needed to be reported. We should have ordered a code red. Let's try to take care of things in-house first, people, before bringing in an outside authority. Chain of Command yo.

Exactly. If you have a problem with how someone is posting, please PM BrownBear, Meapak, or myself. If you are still unsatisfied after talking to us, then you can use your report button. But I would appreciate the opportunity to deal with things in house before we involve the TL staff.

We have a report button???
Also is this game still on?
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 15 2011 17:04 GMT
#2847
I'll take that as a compliment.
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 15 2011 18:15 GMT
#2858
On April 16 2011 03:02 GGQ wrote:
An update on GGQ's thoughts:

Be very careful about listening to flamewheel/protact anymore, on the off chance that he survives the night. The only reason his coagulation analysis was given any weight is because he was trying to convince us that he's a dt so he had to finger a red. He now knows that we all know he's an assassin, so if he's playing to his win condition then we can't trust any further analysis by him.

I think I now know why he was keeping his list of other suspects a secret until after the lynch: he wants to use them as a bargaining chip to gain protection. He's now going to say that he is pretty sure of all the mafia and he will tell us who they are if he survives until the morning. Wait for it.

I want to question the use of medics/watchers on the bodyguards. I don't want to offend anyone here, but The_Roist and MetalFace are hardly valuable players in and of themselves. And they are protecting DrH, whom I am still not 100% sure is town, and who has (imo) been making pretty bad calls for most of the game (and he's claimed vet, so he'd take two hits for mafia to kill anyway). I would rather see the survival of a few strong town players that have been doing well this game, like chaoser and bumatlarge (though his attempt to take all the credit for lynching GMarshal is insulting at best and suspicious at worst...) and, dare I say it, me. I think the best thing is to have our medics consider protecting the bodyguards (if mafia want to double stack to kill MetalFace or The_Roist, that's ok with me...) and watchers must be on the other players I named, or on other players that they have good town reads on (maybe Barundar or kitaman?). I see the mafia going for other town players, not the mayor tonight, imo.

Contradiction much?????
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 15 2011 18:21 GMT
#2862
On April 16 2011 03:17 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
The death of the bodyguards is not a good thing. I think the best bet is for the watchers to stick on BG's to deter mafia from hitting them while medics protect bigger town targets. Particularly bumatlarge.

You didn't really do much yesterday that I was aware of. You come out today just to criticize me and post thoughts on what blues to do, that hardly warrants medics imo.

Yeah I made some bad calls but the flamewheel vs GGQ thing was complex and my plan involving forcing GGQ to use his check would have outed him/coagulation over the course of the night. I still think my analysis on LSB is good and lynching him would have flipped scum. I'm looking over my LSB analysis again and he could very well be assassin. His goal is more focused on hitting Protactinium than it is on saving Coagulation, but he does seem to be in agreeance with GMarshal. When he comes out to attack the pardon he does so very lightly but otherwise ignores GMarshal completely. That sets off a red alarm to me.

I admit the kavdragon lynch was a shitty call. Although I don't really think I deserve a lot of criticism for the fact that I didn't hit red it was the fact that I ignored a better case because of my tunneling and that was poor decision making on my part.

Regardless, GMarshal the scum pardoner is now dead, I undoubtedly had a role in that. And now hopefully a vig will hit coagulation and an assassin will hit LSB. One of the LSB/ilovejonn camp is certainly an assassin so I really suggest other assassins out there place a hit in that direction.

This is the post that made me lean a bit toward black rather than red on LSB:
Show nested quote +
Don't pardon. Let coag die, it will green me and you, and red Flamewheel


The goal here is to confirm himself (appeals to GMarshal by saying it'll confirm him too) and get rid of Flamewheel. Entirely possible this is part of a plan to fake a vig on Coagulation to save him, but looking at Coag's recent posts it seems he's pretty much being abandoned.

Assassin's you have 3 KP. I'm 50/50 scum/assassin read on this guy. You have a pretty good shot with this and if he flips red and not black, I'm certainly not complaining.

Watchers/medics whether you care about the bodyguards or not is up to you but I hope we can all agree on those two points:
-An assassin should hit LSB
-Coagulation should be vig'd

Do you mean GMarshall???
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 15 2011 18:31 GMT
#2864
Ya I saw. Sorry.
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 15 2011 21:09 GMT
#2893
I feel so alone Chaoser.
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 16 2011 03:13 GMT
#2938
Seems to me DocH is an assassin. Seems to be quite obsessed with pushing the assassin issue. I don't fucking care about assassins. If LSB is an assassin I hope he wins and gets teleported to Uranus.
Wtf difference does it make to us?
And you people accuse me of tunneling.
Life can only kill you once.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
FoxeR 81
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4475
Leta 1691
ViBE134
Bale 56
Shine 30
ZergMaN 8
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm217
League of Legends
JimRising 643
Other Games
summit1g8245
WinterStarcraft566
Sick124
Mew2King32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick517
BasetradeTV167
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta30
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2104
League of Legends
• Lourlo1003
• Rush484
Other Games
• Shiphtur279
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h
Patches Events
10h
BSL Open Qualifier
14h
BSL Open Qualifier
14h
OSC
18h
OSC
1d 7h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.