• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:00
CEST 07:00
KST 14:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8278 users

TL Mafia XXXVIII - Page 4

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 12 2011 09:51 GMT
#1580
Hey Bum. You missed this one.
Tackster is most likely scum too. Or whoever replaces him.


+ Show Spoiler +
On April 12 2011 03:30 GMarshal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2011 03:28 Jackal58 wrote:
On April 12 2011 03:17 GMarshal wrote:
On April 12 2011 03:06 Jackal58 wrote:
On April 12 2011 02:41 GMarshal wrote:
As for the outrage at my medic list, I want to hear who you guys would rather have on it, thats half the point of my list.

Not outrage at all. Actually I'm a bit flattered. But I got ask also - Why Tackster? He has been absent this entire day 1 so far. He may actually be in danger of being mod killed. I'd have to go back and verify that. Dunno if he's posted since the day post or not. But he certainly hasn't posted anything noteworthy yet. I don't get it GMan. And poor Tack might get a complex if he thinks I'm bagging on him. But I'm not. I just wanna know how you can say he's medic protection worthy when he hasn't even posted yet?
And redFF. - I don't get comfy vibes from him man. I don't know what it is but he's not town like I'd want town to be. He's more like somebody else's mouthpiece. I'll give him time to grow on me but right now he makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.


I thought Tack played a really, really solid game in Insane 2 and I'm kind of banking on him doing what he did there and showing up with a massive pro-town post before the day ends.

Is there anyone else you'd like to see included in the list? Anyone who you think is on one of the other lists who dosn't merit it?

I'll be honest with ya man. This is day 1. If you want me to put together a list of who I would like to see at endgame I can do that. Unfortunately probably half of them will be scum. You really called it though. I'm much better at this game after day 2 or 3 than I am at the beginning. But I just don't understand how you can say "Tack played well last game so I hope he does again this game"
I agree 100% with you that he played well. Hell I should be more aware of that than anybody. I got him lynched. But that doesn't mean he's town in this game. I have seen nothing from him to evaluate or analyze. Wanting him to have medic protection with the info you have either means you're naive or you know his alignment. And there is only one way you could know his alignment.


I was actually kind of hoping that his name coming up would make him post, but you are right, its a really basless call if you only analyze the stuff going on in this game and don't look at the meta. I would remove him, but if I didn't make mildly controversial calls, well then there wouldn't be much to discuss no would there? ^_^

Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 12 2011 14:21 GMT
#1601
On April 12 2011 22:16 TranceStorm wrote:
I'm only starting read through all of what I missed last night, but having a medic list in my opinion is not very helpful. Sure, you protect some of the key analyzers of the town, but the mafia can be reasonably sure that their hits will go through and that they don't have to double-up if they target someone. If we don't have a specific 'medic list', mafia will self-guess themselves when picking their targets as the possibility of medic protection will always be there. However, I do agree with the idea of the detective/tracker list as a means of systematically searching through all the players. Since the mafia cannot defend themselves from a search, it does no harm to actively identify which players should be watched/tracked/investigated at night.

A medic/DT/Tracker list may be useful to first timers that received blue roles. They don't necessarily know who has played before nor who has played well. So ya I can see it as being somewhat helpful.
Of course everything is RNGed so it really doesn't matter much if you've played before or not. Right now it's a crap shoot as to who you're protecting tonight as a medic. For all you know as a medic you might be protecting scum. But what I will guarantee you is scum already have an idea who the fuck they want to kill tonight. Whether anybody puts forth a list or not is irrelevant.
I'll put forth a list of people that I know have played more than 1 or 2 games. It might help the new guys in watching to see how to play or in some cases how not to.

1.Jackal58
3. Coagulation
4. GMarshal
5. Pandain
6. GGQ
7. OriginalName
8. Kenpachi
9. ilovejonn
10.Mr. Wiggles
11.chaoser
14.Protactinium
17.Eiii
23.kitaman27
24.bumatlarge
26.DarthThienAn
27.DoctorHelvetica
28.darmousseh
31.Barundar
38.aidnai

I'm not assigning any value or worth to anybody on the list. All I'm saying is they've all played numerous games. And there may be some others I'm not familiar with or some that are smurfing.
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 12 2011 14:25 GMT
#1602
On April 12 2011 22:38 CubEdIn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2011 18:51 Jackal58 wrote:
Tackster is most likely scum too. Or whoever replaces him.


Ummm... about that...

The clues all point to you man.
Did you replace Tack? Sorry if there was a post. I missed it.
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 12 2011 15:07 GMT
#1608
On April 12 2011 23:34 CubEdIn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2011 23:25 Jackal58 wrote:
On April 12 2011 22:38 CubEdIn wrote:
On April 12 2011 18:51 Jackal58 wrote:
Tackster is most likely scum too. Or whoever replaces him.


Ummm... about that...

The clues all point to you man.
Did you replace Tack? Sorry if there was a post. I missed it.


Not yet, but BB asked and I said yes, I'm guessing I will when he gets back online.
Quite curious myself.

Sweet. Welcome aboard.
HEY EVERYBODY!!! IF CUBEDIN IS SCUM LYNCH HIM LAST SO I CAN CALL HIM SCUM EVERY SINGLE TIME HE POSTS!!!!!!!
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 12 2011 15:31 GMT
#1610
Who forgot to lock the asylum last night?
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 12 2011 16:55 GMT
#1620
We got any Maggies in the game?
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 12 2011 18:28 GMT
#1626
I'll second redFF and add MrWiggles to the list.
I'd love to have a check on GMarshall but we don't have that option.
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 12 2011 19:07 GMT
#1632
On April 13 2011 04:01 Qatol wrote:
Play nice please.

I thought we were.
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 12 2011 20:52 GMT
#1641
On April 13 2011 05:37 redFF wrote:
Why are me and M0nsterChef both suspicous to you? We voted for different candidates, I gave reason for my vote and I've stuck to my guns. He's supporting GM I Have an FOS on him. Please explain why i am a scum read.

How you vote doesn't mean anything. Who you FoS means even less.
FoSing people for reasons that make little or no sense do.
They may make sense to you at the time but most of your finger pointing has made none to me.

And this is coming from the guy that just calls people scum with no explanation.

Why does Coag always get the gun?
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 12 2011 22:29 GMT
#1650
+ Show Spoiler +
On April 13 2011 07:08 Rean wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2011 22:06 redFF wrote:
If ON flips red it confirms basically everyone thought of as red so far as red. If he flips green(highly unlikely) Then it clears a shit ton of people and we have a few people who would look very red, myself included. I think ON is the lynch which would give us the most information, regardless of how he flips.

I do not think that lynching a player for information is ever a good idea. We should lynch a player we think is red, and then gather the information we get as a result of that. OriginalName is nowhere near the top of my list of scum.


What he's saying is that lynching ON might be a gamble, but it's one with a high reward. Either we kill him, he flips red and we've got a few red buddies to point out, or he flips green and then people like RedFF will start to be very red.

A risk that might just be worth taking, unless there's another good option.


Lynching for information is like fucking for virginity.
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 12 2011 22:41 GMT
#1654
On April 13 2011 07:37 chaoser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2011 07:29 Jackal58 wrote:
Lynching for information is like fucking for virginity.


....my brain hurts from reading this analogy...

Feels good when you're doing it but when your done you ain't got no information or virgins left.
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 13 2011 02:36 GMT
#1694
On April 13 2011 11:31 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
cool lets all pretend we're pandain and make joke claims

that's very helpful

I'm a character assassin. You pervert.
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 13 2011 02:40 GMT
#1696
I'm going to bed. I gotta get up at 5 to get to work. Damn this midnight bullshit.
If I'm still alive tomorrow I'll assassinate GM's character. Toodles guys.
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 13 2011 10:37 GMT
#1921
I don't think I'm buying Flamewheel's bullshit. Coag may very well be scum but Flamewheel/Proctinium (Does that sound like the name of an acne medication to anybody else or is is just me) is DT like I'm Santa Claus.
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 13 2011 14:31 GMT
#1935
On April 13 2011 22:34 DarthThienAn wrote:
a townie has no reason to lie about this.

Therefore, it's win-win. If Coag is town and Pro is mafia, I'll take the 1-1. If they're both mafia, then even better lol.

Why lynch Proact? An assassin or scum will kill him tonight. Don't protect him let him die. If he doesn't ignore him. He's a liar. Anything he says is now pushing a liars agenda. We don't know what he is. All we know is anything he says has to justify his lies. Which one is the lie? How the fuck do I know? All I know is he has 0 credibility with me. He's not worth wasting a lynch on atm. Lynches are priceless to us. Why waste one on an Assassin/DT/Liar? Let the assassins deal with him.
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 13 2011 15:32 GMT
#1945
On April 13 2011 23:45 DarthThienAn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2011 23:31 Jackal58 wrote:
On April 13 2011 22:34 DarthThienAn wrote:
a townie has no reason to lie about this.

Therefore, it's win-win. If Coag is town and Pro is mafia, I'll take the 1-1. If they're both mafia, then even better lol.

Why lynch Proact? An assassin or scum will kill him tonight. Don't protect him let him die. If he doesn't ignore him. He's a liar. Anything he says is now pushing a liars agenda. We don't know what he is. All we know is anything he says has to justify his lies. Which one is the lie? How the fuck do I know? All I know is he has 0 credibility with me. He's not worth wasting a lynch on atm. Lynches are priceless to us. Why waste one on an Assassin/DT/Liar? Let the assassins deal with him.

How does that go against lynching Coag?
... o.O. If Proact dies tonight, then someone did our job for us, assuming he's mafia...

I'm not arguing for or against lynching Coag. I'm saying don't lynch Coag based upon anything a confirmed liar posted. I'm saying don't waste a lynch on Proact.
Coag claimed to be a vet. Somebody shoot him.
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 13 2011 18:38 GMT
#1995
So 35 players remain.
Of those 8 are scum.
Of those 27 remaining X amount are assassins. Let's use the number 3 that Proact gave us.
We are down to 24 townies and 11 scum.

CubeDin replaced 1 player and drew town.
With a 30% chance of drawing scum each time he replaces the odds are he has drawn scum the second time around.
Lynch CubeDin.

Makes as much sense as listening to Proact.
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 13 2011 18:39 GMT
#1997
I know the math is bullshit.
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 13 2011 18:40 GMT
#1998
And why do you guys always post immediately after me.
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 13 2011 19:13 GMT
#2008
On April 14 2011 03:49 Lemonwalrus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2011 03:47 CubEdIn wrote:
On April 14 2011 03:39 Jackal58 wrote:
I know the math is bullshit.


Lol, that sounded a lot like that "always bet on black on roulette, and double the bet ammount each time, when it flips black you win everything back + more!".
Or, if I flip a coin 9 times and it lands "heads", what are the odds of it landing heads on the 10th throw?

This is unrelated, as I'm obviously scum, but it's funny that you mentioned it.

P.S.: I am town.

...and claiming Assassin!

But don't lynch me cuz I'm DT.

Actually, you are indeed slightly more likely than anyone else in the game to be mafia since all of our roles were 'chosen' when it was 8/40 mafia, and your current role was 'chosen' when it was 8/35.

However I think this is a dumb way to hunt scum.

Was entirely my point. So is taking the word of a confirmed liar.
Coag may very well be scum. How the hell would you know? Because he's aggressive? Because he's not as aggressive? BECAUSE HE TYPES IN CAPS sometimes? Because he had pizza for lunch?
If anybody can seriously tell me that they can read coag please do. And back it with analysis that is not based upon FW's.
I am not defending Coag. He may very well be scum. If PMs were allowed in this game I could probably tell you with damn near 100% certainty what he was. But they are not so I'm stuck reading his capitalized dick swinging just like the rest of you. And that is exactly how he plays in every game regardless of his alignment.

Let a vigi shoot him. End of. We're wasting time. I'm done on the subject.


I agree with Barundar. Either GMarshall or DocH is scum.
I'm leaning towards GMarshall. When he was scum with me in Mini V he played as the consummate nice guy. Very little FoSing. Lots of agreeing and complimenting other players. I see some of that at work here. I still see some of his normal town play though. But the way he plays scum matches more with the way he's playing this time around.
Life can only kill you once.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
FoxeR 81
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4475
Leta 1691
ViBE134
Bale 56
Shine 30
ZergMaN 8
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm217
League of Legends
JimRising 643
Other Games
summit1g8245
WinterStarcraft566
Sick124
Mew2King32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick517
BasetradeTV167
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta30
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2104
League of Legends
• Lourlo1003
• Rush484
Other Games
• Shiphtur279
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h
Patches Events
10h
BSL Open Qualifier
14h
BSL Open Qualifier
14h
OSC
18h
OSC
1d 7h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.