• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:20
CEST 17:20
KST 00:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7794 users

TL Mafia XXXVI - Page 4

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
January 30 2011 09:35 GMT
#1232
Nemesis's analysis is really good. Enough to convince me to switch to jackel. I'll still keeping an eye out on beneather to see if I can find any information to point to him, but I gotta go with evidence + analysis.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
January 31 2011 03:29 GMT
#1334
On January 31 2011 12:26 Kavdragon wrote:
There is a bandwagon on Jackal. Almost no one else has votes on them. Doesn't this raise flags for anyone?



Yeah, I think it's a consequence of no-flip. People just find the tiniest clue or analysis and everyone rides the bandwagon. We are like an angry mob rather than a town.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
January 31 2011 16:51 GMT
#1376
Dangit I'm in a tough position again. Last time I switched from nemesis to RoL because I thought the evidence was more heavily in his favor, and now i've voted for jackal58, but nemesis is right there again. =/ Something makes me think that town is being set up especially since there is no flip.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
January 31 2011 17:13 GMT
#1378
What happens if the score is tied?
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
January 31 2011 17:49 GMT
#1383
On February 01 2011 02:31 deconduo wrote:
The clue about dog meat is good, but you have the wrong person. Theres someone else with a dog in their profile:

Beneather

+ Show Spoiler +

He looked up and saw a masked man with a blood-spattered black apron tied around his waist. The man masterfully handled his instruments, hands moving at a blur, flashes of steel rising and falling, leaving perfectly sized morsels behind. He lifted a finger to his mouth and sucked.


We had a new two new kinds of meat tonight. The flesh tastes like pork, a little bit more bitter, stronger. It tastes quite good. Human meat
The second meat was really fatty and greasy, so the meat kind of breaks up in your mouth Dog meat

And then we realized that this wasn't any ordinary meat.
We never found the chef afterwards. Nor did we find d3_crescentia.

Now lets take a look:

Picture: Masked man. Human meat + Dog meat.

[image loading]


Quote:
They say practice makes perfect, and then they say nobody is perfect where is the sense in that?


That is a great pickup. I feel really bad about lynching a bodyguard though. I wonder if both bodyguards are mafia!?!?!?!

Kav, what's your opinion?

Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
January 31 2011 20:06 GMT
#1421
One thing to note is that there is more than one set of clues in the post. The clues pointing to jackal58 seem to be really strong and the clues towards beneather or deconudo are also good, but don't seem quite as strong. I also suspect nemesis is an SK.

I'm going to vote jackal today because of the strength of the clues (and how little the mod had to go off of). Also him suddenly claiming vet is very scummy. If I was a vet I would try to convince everyone I was a greenie instead because of the high likelihood the mafia will hit you for being too much in the limelight and to confuse everyone. Claiming vet now doesn't seem like a good idea.

Tomorrow I think we should vote nemesis and then look for more clues pointing towards beneather or decon.

It's very tempting to vote nemesis too, but I think the case for jackal58 is too powerful to overlook.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
January 31 2011 21:49 GMT
#1439
On February 01 2011 06:24 Coagulation wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2011 05:06 darmousseh wrote:
One thing to note is that there is more than one set of clues in the post. The clues pointing to jackal58 seem to be really strong and the clues towards beneather or deconudo are also good, but don't seem quite as strong. I also suspect nemesis is an SK.

I'm going to vote jackal today because of the strength of the clues (and how little the mod had to go off of). Also him suddenly claiming ve
Tomorrow I think we should vote nemesis and then look for more clues pointing towards beneather or decon.

It's very tempting to vote nemesis too, but I think the case for jackal58 is too powerful to overlook.



the old look at me indirectly defend nemesis by approving of jackal lynch but wait dont forget i said lets kill nemesis tommorrow so theres no way im his scumbuddy trying to save his ass.

got all your bases covered good job.


Why would I defend nemesis even remotely? I believe nemesis is an SK and in my understanding of the game kill mafia first, then kill SK. I'm voting nemesis tomorrow anyway regardless.

All I did was give a reasoning as to why I'm voting jackal58 today and why i'm voting nemesis tomorrow.

If nemesis is an SK then we are likely to see more clues pointing towards him again and we can be 100% sure of a good lynch.

If I could vote twice I would vote for nemesis as well, since I can't I'll vote for him tomorrow.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
January 31 2011 22:31 GMT
#1442
Agh I can't decide. I reread over the clues again and it really looks like nemesis is one of those identified.

I believe that nemesis is an SK and jackal is mafia. Am I correct to think that we should lynch the mafia first? Or is there a good reason to lynch SK first? For census purposes though I would think we need to find out if our clue analysis is correct.



Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
January 31 2011 23:11 GMT
#1448
On February 01 2011 07:57 Kavdragon wrote:
To those who think Nemesis is SK, do you see any clues to him in the day 3 post? Cause I believe that everyone agrees that the SK was the one who was inactive.


Flash on his profile. Steel in his quote.
flashes of steel


"Unknown to death.
Nor known to life." on his profile
We never found the chef afterwards.


There could still be clues about the SK in the day post, unless a mod has said otherwise.
The other man didn’t do anything. And because the mods frown on not submitting your night action, we’re giving you clues on him even though he didn’t kill anyone.




It's not that much in comparison to jackal58 which I why I'm voting for him tonight and nemesis next lynching day.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
February 01 2011 00:07 GMT
#1463
11-10 for nemesis. If people really want to get rid of nemesis tonight then that's fine by me since I think he's an SK. I will set it in stone. Tomorrow we should look at jackal58 closer.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
February 01 2011 00:58 GMT
#1471
On February 01 2011 09:54 Jackal58 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2011 09:46 SiNiquity wrote:
Flashes of steel > steeler jersey. Sorry.

At the same time I don't trust Kenpachi a bit and he's dead set on Nemesis dying. Hmm. An hour to go...

The biggest issue with that connection is there are a shitpot of people in the game that have no idea who the Steelers are.



Why are you still defending yourself if you are already safe from lynching today? (unless 3 people switch suddenly)

If you aren't a suspect we won't find anything in the next set of clues so you should just let it go.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
February 01 2011 01:01 GMT
#1474
On February 01 2011 09:59 Jackal58 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2011 09:56 SiNiquity wrote:
What?

Ignorant American. There are people in this game from countries all over the world.
Only an ignorant Americentric would assume the entire world follows our beloved game of football.

Or as many of them call it "hand egg"


I'm american and I call it "american football" or "hand-egg"

From my profile

I like mountain dew, programming, baseball, football (the real kind, not hand-egg)


Steelers are going to lose on sunday btw.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
February 01 2011 01:04 GMT
#1477
Omg I think we just missed a clue from day 2.

snapping aside branches


Quaterbacks snap the football right?

I'm definitely voting jackal58 tomorrow.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
February 01 2011 01:30 GMT
#1484
On February 01 2011 10:15 LunarDestiny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2011 10:04 darmousseh wrote:
Omg I think we just missed a clue from day 2.

snapping aside branches


Quaterbacks snap the football right?

I'm definitely voting jackal58 tomorrow.


Show nested quote +

And there in the clearing, in the moonlight, Meapak_Ziph runs at full speed, jumping over roots, snapping aside branches. And close behind him a black shape, only a blur in the darkness, gaining, about to grab, only a hand-length away...


This is where you got the quote from. If you caught the snapping part of the clue, then why didn't you also pointed out the characteristics of football player (not sure if that dude in Jackal's profile is the quarterback).

But it is very clear that the clues are characteristics of Meapak_Ziph, not the killer.


From my understanding the clues are mixed in the story everywhere.

I literally just found that clue when I posted that. The person in the photo is big ben from the steelers.

You can google this information if you do something like "player with number 7 on pittsburgh steelers".
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
February 02 2011 02:51 GMT
#1579
On February 02 2011 11:49 Kavdragon wrote:
We've been played so far. Nemesis was apparently not Mafia, or SK.

Number of Mafia remains: 5.



WTF is going on?
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
February 02 2011 02:52 GMT
#1580
If a vig hit someone they should claim otherwise they will probably get analyzed for clues.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
February 02 2011 03:16 GMT
#1586
On February 02 2011 12:13 GMarshal wrote:
Did you have to reveal that kitaman is a Medic? That puts him at risk, although if you are telling the truth we have to hang Lunar.


kita is dead.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
February 02 2011 07:22 GMT
#1659
On February 02 2011 16:05 Node wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2011 14:50 Impervious wrote:
If the detective checks the role of the mayor, and the mayor is a member of the mafia, will it specify that the mayor is a member of the mafia?


Rolechecks on the mayor return "Mayor" regardless of alignment.


Wow that sucks. If kav is mafia then we are pretty screwed.

This gets me thinking about the whole no-flip clue thing in general. Without being able to verify claims, it is very difficult to analyze a players behavior with regards to their alignment. What if nemesis was mafia? The only information we have is from our mayor which we can only hope is town (I really hope you are town kavdragon or this is all a huge joke).

In this game I believe that clues are definitely the most valuable asset the town has. With the amount of townies there are we should be able to boil down all of the clues down to 1 or 2 people and vote from there.

I think we also need to reexamine our clue analysis. I think looking for single words might work sometimes, but in general the clues are probably more along the lines that divinek pointed out

+ Show Spoiler +

On February 02 2011 12:16 Divinek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2011 12:13 GMarshal wrote:
Did you have to reveal that kitaman is a Medic? That puts him at risk, although if you are telling the truth we have to hang Lunar.


kita is dead so....

also this seems to make sense
look at the last clue


You'd better watch out!

I immediately headed back to the camp in order to find help. I grabbed the first person I saw, Deconduo and asked him to help me remove ilovejohn’s body.

Deconduo didn’t help me. As soon as he realized that I wanted him to go inside, he fled.

He didn’t get two steps before I killed him.

Serves him right.

There may be dogs about

----------------------------------------------

and then from lunars profile
Show nested quote +


"Crazy. Karma is a b****. Gets you every time. It's not good to wish bad on anybody. God sees everything!"

finally something solid to go on.




The only other thing possible to do is to try to start finding associations or commonalities between what people are saying and how they are voting except that if mafia is smart they will mix their players into supporting certain other players.


I have no idea who the heck I am going to vote for lynch. Mr. Wiggles we need your awesome clue analysis like from the mini mafia game. I'm at a loss
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
February 02 2011 07:24 GMT
#1660
On February 02 2011 16:10 LunarDestiny wrote:
Did town disregard clues completely?
BrownBear

-Name (brownbear)
-Profile pic (instrument, laughing)
I did point out word matching is bad, but recurring clues needed to be pointed out.


Day 1
Show nested quote +
As the host brought around the drinks, as the the crowd crescendos with laughter, as the band broke out into another song... I felt something was wrong. Did the lights in the ceiling just black out? Are those black shapes in the alcove bats? Is that shadow in the corner a black cat?


Day 2
Show nested quote +
The noises inside are a mystery. The scampering in the bush, a deer? That blood-curdling scream, nothing an animal could make.

This slightly touch on his name BrownBear.

Day 3
Show nested quote +
He looked up and saw a masked man with a blood-spattered black apron tied around his waist. The man masterfully handled his instruments, hands moving at a blur, flashes of steel rising and falling, leaving perfectly sized morsels behind. He lifted a finger to his mouth and sucked.


Day 4
Show nested quote +
And laughing and singing the masked man ran along
And laughing and singing he shot Kitaman
And laughing and singing he ran along

Laughing and singing...


That last clue from day4 is really good. If you are an SK then I wouldn't mind keeping you around just to provide us clues.

Need more of this, less of other stuff.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
February 02 2011 07:30 GMT
#1662
On February 02 2011 16:24 Coagulation wrote:
what a clusterfuck.

i have no idea who to believe at this point and the fact that Kav is so passive about this makes everything seem very... wrong.


I agree. I think town's best interest is to spend more time trying to figure out clues than argue in this giant mess. 3 kills means at least clues pointing towards 2 people (unless we have 2 SK's somehow). Let's start getting those clues down.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM339
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 339
Reynor 231
ByuN 185
TKL 130
Railgan 78
Codebar 59
BRAT_OK 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 60287
Bisu 2865
FanTaSy 1030
Stork 849
Calm 604
Rush 427
hero 412
firebathero 202
Snow 142
Sharp 91
[ Show more ]
Free 67
Mind 66
Sea.KH 52
Pusan 49
ToSsGirL 38
Trap 38
Sexy 32
Mong 25
Bale 25
Hm[arnc] 22
Aegong 21
Terrorterran 21
Rock 20
HiyA 17
soO 17
Sacsri 10
Shine 10
scan(afreeca) 9
IntoTheRainbow 8
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8458
Dendi1118
Counter-Strike
fl0m4445
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King99
Other Games
singsing2253
Liquid`RaSZi1453
B2W.Neo704
Beastyqt493
olofmeister475
Mlord470
Khaldor445
KnowMe309
Hui .222
crisheroes174
Chillindude66
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV263
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony5
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV581
League of Legends
• Nemesis3513
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1750
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 40m
OSC
7h 40m
Replay Cast
7h 40m
OSC
20h 40m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.