• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:09
CEST 23:09
KST 06:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8156 users

TL Mafia XXXIV: Pokemafia - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
December 17 2010 10:09 GMT
#825
I think that we all can agree that double lynch is needed.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
December 18 2010 04:56 GMT
#903
Sorry all, RL events have conspired against me, and I've not been able to get to the forum except for a very short break that allowed me to throw out a quick vote for D3. I've read up so far, but I'm still trying to wrap my head around the current events. I hope to post some sort of analysis/my thoughts on what's happened. Well done on the lynch.

DrH, could you please update the following and replace the Role list? (There are a few counts will need to be updated after the identity of the mod kills has been revealed.)

+ Show Spoiler +

Signup List:
1. deconduo
2. BrownBear
3. Eiii
4. GGQ
5. LSB
6. DarthThienAn (Alakazam, Night 2 Kill)
7. RebirthOfLeGenD (Pikachu, Night 1 Kill)
8. Amber[LighT] (Mew, Night 2 Kill)
9. dinmsab
10. jcarlsoniv (Pikachu, Night 1 Kill)
11. DCLXVI
12. Ghrur (???, Night 3 Modkill)
13. Kenpachi (Pikachu, Day 1 Lynch)
14. Node
15. KtheZ
16. tube (???, Night 3 Modkill)
17. chaoser
18. Oceanic
19. Gabriel
20. Insanious
21. Meapak_Ziphh (Pikachu, Night 1 Kill)
22. Shockeyy (Koffing, Day 3 lynch)
23. seRapH
24. Kavdragon
25. tree.hugger (Electrode, Night 1 Kill
26. Infundibulum
27. Pandain (Cloyster, Night 2 Kill)
28. Brocket
29. kitaman27
30. d3_crescentia
31. zeks (Pikachu, Day 1 lynch)

Replacement Queue:
RebirthOfLeGenD
BrownBear
Barundar


21 of 31 players remaining

x of x Pikachus remaining
x of x Raichus remaining

x of x Chanseys remaining
(x-1) of x Alakazams remaining
(x-1) of x Cloysters remaining
(x-1) of x Electrodes remaining
0 of 1 Mews remaining


16 of 24 Pokealliance players remaining.

x of x Gengars remaining
(x-1) of x Koffing remaining
x of x Weezing remaining


Team Rocket KP = 3 (TR/2 rounded up)


5 of 6 Team Rocket players remaining.

1 of 1 Mewtwo remaining.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
December 18 2010 04:57 GMT
#904
On December 18 2010 13:39 Gabriel wrote:
Can we please get an updated second post DH?? please?? and where are the modks?



Lol. Guess I should learn to post faster.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
December 18 2010 18:00 GMT
#929
(I meant to post this about 12 hrs ago, but it never went, sorry if it ignores things that have since been posted.)

I am generally against people calling for medics. However, in this case, if the town has no active players, we will not win. Medics, make your choices wisely.

LSB: You expect Mafia to RB you? Why? If there is a chance that you will die, we need to know what information you have. If it means posting it right before the end of the night, then so be it, but please, don't die with information that can benefit the town.



I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
December 18 2010 21:21 GMT
#941
Ok, so here are my thoughts on current events:

1) Regarding my vote on D3. I didn't see that he had claimed M2 till it was too late. If I had, I would have voted ShoCkeyy. (Yeah yeah, I know, Easy to say that now that he's red, but w/e. What's done is done.)

2) Regarding D3: I would love to get M2's help. This is exactly what the town needs now. However, Your analysis of the possibilities is flawed, And I'm wondering if it was purposeful. The pictures show mafia KP at 2, when there are 5 left. Mafia KP is rounded up. They have three kills tonight. This changes the outcome of several branches that would otherwise have been town victories.

3) I agree with LSB on hitting Brocket. I havn't and won't have enough time to build my own argument, but I agree with his analysis.

Again, sorry for not being that active when it's needed, I'll contribute as often as i can.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
December 18 2010 22:30 GMT
#944
On December 19 2010 06:43 d3_crescentia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 19 2010 06:21 Kavdragon wrote:
Ok, so here are my thoughts on current events:

1) Regarding my vote on D3. I didn't see that he had claimed M2 till it was too late. If I had, I would have voted ShoCkeyy. (Yeah yeah, I know, Easy to say that now that he's red, but w/e. What's done is done.)

2) Regarding D3: I would love to get M2's help. This is exactly what the town needs now. However, Your analysis of the possibilities is flawed, And I'm wondering if it was purposeful. The pictures show mafia KP at 2, when there are 5 left. Mafia KP is rounded up. They have three kills tonight. This changes the outcome of several branches that would otherwise have been town victories.

3) I agree with LSB on hitting Brocket. I havn't and won't have enough time to build my own argument, but I agree with his analysis.

Again, sorry for not being that active when it's needed, I'll contribute as often as i can.

Could you point out the exact situation? They are labeled that way for a reason.



Sorry, The first picture. The second choice off the main bubble: "L: 1M/1T 11/5, N[K]: 2T 9/5" I saw a few others as well. In any case, the situation has changed with the mod kills. I'm working on my own bubble chart of events as well, tho it may take me some time.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
December 19 2010 02:42 GMT
#949
If I'm not mistaken, Updates are at 12:00 TL time... So he's got another 20 min.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
December 19 2010 22:24 GMT
#1027
Ok, to make sure we are all on the same page, here's the situation: We are currently at 8/5/1. By lynch, or M2's night kill, we must kill two mafia two days in a row to survive. Here is my bubble, let me know if I did anything wrong. (http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/5751/mafiaendgame.jpg if you want to see it un-resized, and not blurry)

[image loading]

This means that we cannot lynch M2. (For at least two nights, anyways)


On December 20 2010 05:40 BrownBear wrote:
##Vote: DCLXVI
##Vote: d3_crescentia
##Vote: Double Lynch


You appear to have slipped sir. Vote Brownbear.

I waited to post this to see if anyone would vote D3, Brownbear didn't disappoint.
Also, this may or may not make DCLXVI less suspicious. You decide.

I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
December 20 2010 00:50 GMT
#1037
On December 20 2010 08:12 BrownBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 20 2010 07:24 Kavdragon wrote:
Ok, to make sure we are all on the same page, here's the situation: We are currently at 8/5/1. By lynch, or M2's night kill, we must kill two mafia two days in a row to survive. Here is my bubble, let me know if I did anything wrong. (http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/5751/mafiaendgame.jpg if you want to see it un-resized, and not blurry)

[image loading]

This means that we cannot lynch M2. (For at least two nights, anyways)


On December 20 2010 05:40 BrownBear wrote:
##Vote: DCLXVI
##Vote: d3_crescentia
##Vote: Double Lynch


You appear to have slipped sir. Vote Brownbear.

I waited to post this to see if anyone would vote D3, Brownbear didn't disappoint.
Also, this may or may not make DCLXVI less suspicious. You decide.



I disagree with you, but then, I'm biased against town alliances w/ 3rd parties. They never work out well for anyone.

Personally, my view is that if we know who MewTwo is, we should lynch him. End of story.


You dissagree with what? Look at the possible outcomes. Now compare that with these outcomes, assuming that we lynch D3:
[image loading]


Brownbear's "Don't work with third parties" policy is handing his mafia a win. I would agree that normally third parties shouldn't be allied with, but we kinda screwed up earlier in the game, and we are in a tight spot now. We have to work with D3, or we lower our chances of survival by a good deal. Lynch Redbear.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
December 20 2010 00:54 GMT
#1038
Also, why are we not voting for a double lynch? Maybe I've misunderstood, but won't we lose unless we double lynch again?
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
December 20 2010 04:29 GMT
#1043
On December 20 2010 08:29 BrownBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 20 2010 08:22 LSB wrote:
On December 20 2010 08:12 BrownBear wrote:
On December 20 2010 07:24 Kavdragon wrote:
Ok, to make sure we are all on the same page, here's the situation: We are currently at 8/5/1. By lynch, or M2's night kill, we must kill two mafia two days in a row to survive. Here is my bubble, let me know if I did anything wrong. (http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/5751/mafiaendgame.jpg if you want to see it un-resized, and not blurry)

[image loading]

This means that we cannot lynch M2. (For at least two nights, anyways)


On December 20 2010 05:40 BrownBear wrote:
##Vote: DCLXVI
##Vote: d3_crescentia
##Vote: Double Lynch


You appear to have slipped sir. Vote Brownbear.

I waited to post this to see if anyone would vote D3, Brownbear didn't disappoint.
Also, this may or may not make DCLXVI less suspicious. You decide.



I disagree with you, but then, I'm biased against town alliances w/ 3rd parties. They never work out well for anyone.

Personally, my view is that if we know who MewTwo is, we should lynch him. End of story.

What do you think we should do today if we don't work with MewTwo then?
Also, how will the numbers look like?


Mewtwo has failed to net us a single TR kill so far. I highly doubt that he will.

Lets say we lynch a TR and Mewtwo today. That will put us, after night kills, at 7 to 4.
No. After night kills we will be at 6 to 4.

Now, let's say we lynch 2 TRs today, That's 2 kills from them, then a kill from Mewtwo which will put us at either 7 to 3 or 6 to 3. However, that's relying on Mewtwo to actually hit a TR - something I highly doubt will happen.
Again, no. If we lynch two TR today, then it's 8/3/1. After night kills it's 6/2/1 or 5/3/1.

Or how about 1 TR, 1 Town. We have 8 town to 4 TR and mewtwo left, that's 4 nightkills, unless we get HUGELY lucky, we could be put in a 4-4 situation where we'd be absolutely fucked.
I think you are under the assumption that there are 9 town. There are 8. In the case of lynching 1TR and 1 Town, we wold be looking at 7 to 4. After night kills, 5 to 4 or 6 to 3. That situation would depend on D3's ability to snipe a mafia.

We're basically in LYLO at this point, we need to kill off the anti-town players we know. And we know d3 is anti-town.

D3 is working with us for now. I agree that he needs to go eventually, but if we assume him to be hostile, then we can assume that we've lost as well.


I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
December 21 2010 03:45 GMT
#1063
Night post?
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
December 21 2010 05:56 GMT
#1086
Ok, so i'm not sure how we can win this. This is the best case senario that I can think of:

Night: Mafia will likely hit three people, and D3 will hit one. (Gabe has claimed Vet, so I doubt he will be hit, and DC has claimed MH, so he'll probably be left alone also. Of course, this could be a clever way to explain their survival) If D3 is right about Infun being mafia, then we are looking at a 3/4/1 game.

If every town member and D3 can agree and vote to lynch two (actual) mafia, then they will have 4 votes on two people. The mafia can counter this by voting D3 and someone else. This will end up in a tie. How would a 4-way tie be dicided?

If nothing, then mafia kills two people, and D3 kills another mafia. This leaves 1/3/1. Mafia wins all votes. D3 will die, and then the mafia has majority.

If there is a split and D3 gets a good night kill, then it's 1/2/1. Same deal, except that if there is another tie, then D3 wins.

All of this assumes that the town players can all agree on JUST two people. Also, this totally depends on how ties are handled...

So, How are ties handled?
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
December 21 2010 06:01 GMT
#1087
Wait. LSB. You claim Cloyster? You honestly thought that there could be THREE of them? WTF mate, Why didn't you counter claim when Gabe claimed Cloyster? This smells strongly of scum. The likely hood of there being three is little to none, and I can't see how you could have assumed that when Gabe claimed.

Could LSB really be Scum? It seems unlikely, but given how well mafia seem to have played so far, and given this slip-up in light of a huge blow to the town, I'm seriously reconsidering him.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
December 21 2010 07:04 GMT
#1108
Guh. Thanks Gabe. I think that this is actually GG now. No way to counter mafia votes. Unless several of the people that didn't vote were mafia, and they get modkillled.

But honestly? The people most interested in the game are going to be mafia at this point. GG Mafia. Well played, I guess.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
December 21 2010 07:09 GMT
#1110
On December 21 2010 16:03 LSB wrote:
I swear this cycle was suppose to end at 10:00, I even camped the thread with multiple different vote switches, expecting you to make a move.

DCLXIV doesn't have any bombs, cause he's red so I'm cool with killing him too.


Lol, Common misconception this game: The cycle ends at 12:00. NOT 10:00. I can picture you now, frantically hitting F5 on the voting thread. But not because you were looking for last minute vote changes. But because you were waiting to see if you could get away with your double townie lynch.

But I think we can put our differences behind us. For science. You monster.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
December 21 2010 07:13 GMT
#1112
On December 21 2010 16:06 d3_crescentia wrote:
Don't forget M2. If I finagle it just right I can still win. -_-


Ok, barring Modkills, here's what i see happening.

5/5/1 (now)
2/4/1 (Tonight, assuming that you hit a mafia)
Mafia all vote D3, and a townie.
Town and you vote for two mafia.
Final tally, Mafia can vote you off, and another townie. We CAN"T win. Gabe secured that.
Mafia win, 1/4.

So. DrH, if you wouldn't mind letting us know the outcome of any mod killing?
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
December 21 2010 07:20 GMT
#1115
On December 21 2010 16:18 d3_crescentia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2010 16:14 Infundibulum wrote:
On December 21 2010 16:06 d3_crescentia wrote:
Don't forget M2. If I finagle it just right I can still win. -_-


Yeah, but you're the only one in the game that wants that.

they say it's lonely at the top. i bet all mewtwo ever needed was a friend

Why won't you love me? WHY WON'T YOU LOVE ME?


I will love you. But only as long as you kill who i ask you to. It's conditional love. Kill Gabe. Again.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
December 21 2010 07:33 GMT
#1117
In other news, there's a lunar eclipse over north america right now.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
December 21 2010 17:38 GMT
#1127
For the record insainous, I don't think we had as much of a chance as you think we did.

Mafia will likely hit Node, KtheZ, and Oceanic or something. The blues have all revealed the roles, (Dumb idea btw) so the mafia won't hit any vets, or MH's tonight. Even with gabe, it would still be 3-4-1, something that the mafia still win.

I suppose i could have contributed more towards the end, but it's almost Christmas, and the holidays called my attention elsewhere. Bad time to be town I guess. I'll have to re-think my analysis of people, cause I feel more or less responsible for BB's lynch. Sorry GreenBear.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O148
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 566
ZZZero.O 148
soO 53
Hyun 53
Dota 2
qojqva2308
monkeys_forever10
League of Legends
Doublelift2337
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4800
Liquid`Hasu633
Other Games
summit1g6143
FrodaN1600
KnowMe352
Pyrionflax215
420jenkins184
Livibee182
QueenE98
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick711
StarCraft 2
angryscii 35
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 77
• Adnapsc2 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 45
• FirePhoenix6
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie992
• Shiphtur620
• Scarra449
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 51m
Patches Events
17h 51m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 51m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 51m
OSC
1d 1h
OSC
1d 14h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.