• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:28
CEST 08:28
KST 15:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8274 users

On Haunted Mafia... - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
Lexpar
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
1813 Posts
November 01 2010 13:55 GMT
#21
Dibs on santa.

Also, I agree with a lot of what you said Doc. I thought the game was run fairly well. I think I died before things got seriously bland though. :/
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
November 01 2010 15:50 GMT
#22
-_-

To be fair, annul confirmed himself as a mafia to me, AFTER you told their entire team I was smurfing.

I was also given information after you knew I was smurfing as well. Hense leaving. Yes the one major slipup at the start sucked, but I also stopped you from giving me info because I was smurfing.

I will agree next time I should tell the host instantly I'm doing it if I am, but most of the problems surrounding me smurfing weren't directly caused by me haha
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
November 01 2010 16:35 GMT
#23
On November 02 2010 00:50 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
-_-

To be fair, annul confirmed himself as a mafia to me, AFTER you told their entire team I was smurfing.

I was also given information after you knew I was smurfing as well. Hense leaving. Yes the one major slipup at the start sucked, but I also stopped you from giving me info because I was smurfing.

I will agree next time I should tell the host instantly I'm doing it if I am, but most of the problems surrounding me smurfing weren't directly caused by me haha

You told me you weren't playing!
>
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
November 01 2010 16:52 GMT
#24
On November 02 2010 01:35 LSB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2010 00:50 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
-_-

To be fair, annul confirmed himself as a mafia to me, AFTER you told their entire team I was smurfing.

I was also given information after you knew I was smurfing as well. Hense leaving. Yes the one major slipup at the start sucked, but I also stopped you from giving me info because I was smurfing.

I will agree next time I should tell the host instantly I'm doing it if I am, but most of the problems surrounding me smurfing weren't directly caused by me haha

You told me you weren't playing!
>



you claimed first -_-
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
November 01 2010 16:57 GMT
#25
On November 02 2010 01:52 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2010 01:35 LSB wrote:
On November 02 2010 00:50 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
-_-

To be fair, annul confirmed himself as a mafia to me, AFTER you told their entire team I was smurfing.

I was also given information after you knew I was smurfing as well. Hense leaving. Yes the one major slipup at the start sucked, but I also stopped you from giving me info because I was smurfing.

I will agree next time I should tell the host instantly I'm doing it if I am, but most of the problems surrounding me smurfing weren't directly caused by me haha

You told me you weren't playing!
>



you claimed first -_-

My roleclaim wouldn't have been a problem if you told me you were playing. My strat was to tell people that I was going to bomb them so I wouldn't get killed

But then you said you weren't playing x.x
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-01 17:00:39
November 01 2010 16:59 GMT
#26
On November 02 2010 01:57 LSB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2010 01:52 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
On November 02 2010 01:35 LSB wrote:
On November 02 2010 00:50 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
-_-

To be fair, annul confirmed himself as a mafia to me, AFTER you told their entire team I was smurfing.

I was also given information after you knew I was smurfing as well. Hense leaving. Yes the one major slipup at the start sucked, but I also stopped you from giving me info because I was smurfing.

I will agree next time I should tell the host instantly I'm doing it if I am, but most of the problems surrounding me smurfing weren't directly caused by me haha

You told me you weren't playing!
>



you claimed first -_-

My roleclaim wouldn't have been a problem if you told me you were playing. My strat was to tell people that I was going to bomb them so I wouldn't get killed

But then you said you weren't playing x.x


and my strategy I wanted to do was to not pm anyone about the game, talk to anyone about the game, or the like. I didn't really do much to get information, it just kind of came to me -_-

People do need to realize that regardless if a player is playing or not, do not give out the role list or information before clarifying that they want it. Some people do just shadow games and try to figure stuff out without playing.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
November 01 2010 19:26 GMT
#27
either you or the 2nd person in #tlmafia asked me "how is haunted going" - i explicitly asked you and that one other person in #tlmafia at the time if you were playing in haunted. you both said no. so i told you how haunted was going from my perspective.

how can i expect someone to pull something like that? what am i supposed to do?

<me> are you in this game?
<person> no
<me> ARE YOU SUUUUUUURE?

come on
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
November 01 2010 19:28 GMT
#28
lets not argue about this please ;_;
RIP Aaliyah
Ver
Profile Joined October 2008
United States2186 Posts
November 02 2010 16:01 GMT
#29
Elections are cool since there aren't enough players skilled enough to make anything happen day 1 without them, though our tried and too formula is a little stale and its to be expected that the elections would therefore follow suit (Mafia subbing BG's is fine qatol).

Need something to spice them up more...like a power struggle! Instead of a mayor and a pardoner, have a king and an emperor with more powers. After the election each electee has to convince the town to lynch the other guy. Whoever wins gets shiny stuff.

Seriously though I do think elections are too boring atm, there's usually not much talk about the mayor lynch and they will always go for the safe lynch (read: non-mafia inactive) because they fear the backlash so its not much different than the non-election format retarded random/inactive lynch. Any ideas for adding some more conflict in the elections? More elected roles (3-4), and one of them has to be lynched?

Also, spamming rule. We can't have something strict/definite in place since having a post limit is nonsensical/too arbitrary, so it's going to have to be up to mod and player discretion. Spamming should be judged on its obstruction to game quality and ease of reading.

a) Player A complains to mod Player BM is spamming. As long as the complaint is not out of the blue player BM gets warned to consolidate and post less frequently.Ignoring the warning gets modkill. I doubt this will be overused but people need to have the option and know they have it. I believe only BM (many times) and Pyrr (once) have had people complain about them when there are a lot more offenders.

b) Mafia gets more leeway in spamming but they still can't go overboard. A few long posts disrupt the game much less than a few dozen one liners.

The problem would mostly be solved if incompetent townies realized they didn't need to respond to every single thought that someone says but since I doubt that will happen, people need the power to take it into their own hands outside of the slow and game losing process of lynching spammers (too many/mostly townies).

I realize this is vague and each mod will have their own interpretation of whats too much but I'm not sure what else we can do about it other than giving players and mods the power to handle it at their discretion and making sure they know they can complain about it.
Liquipedia
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
November 02 2010 19:57 GMT
#30
Ohhh I totally forgot about the BC thing...
Hmmm DH I meant to find you on MSN sometime but then kept forgetting. Seems to be a habitual thing these days.

Spam is bad. Kill spammers. Clues are bad. Elections are wat.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
November 02 2010 22:10 GMT
#31
you already added me on msn i think
RIP Aaliyah
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
November 03 2010 01:22 GMT
#32
Start with Night 0. You won't have problems generating discussion then.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
November 03 2010 03:14 GMT
#33
thats a horrible idea

this means that it is possible that one player will not even be allowed to play before the game even begins
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
November 03 2010 03:15 GMT
#34
imo mafia would always just stack all their hits on the best non-mafia player if the game started at night
RIP Aaliyah
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
November 03 2010 04:40 GMT
#35
And whats to stop medics from stopping the kill? Scum don't know if that player is Vet or bulletproof either.

@annul: some of us are used to dying plenty of times early in the game. Either way there is no guarantee someone will be killed.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
November 03 2010 05:07 GMT
#36
On November 03 2010 12:15 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
imo mafia would always just stack all their hits on the best non-mafia player if the game started at night

isn't that half the reason why people smurf
lalala
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
November 03 2010 06:04 GMT
#37
There is no Day 1 lack-of-information-to-talk-about problem. This is overstated. The problem is that people think there is nothing to talk about, so they don't talk about it. All we need to do is make people think there's something to talk about and encourage them to talk about it. And then maybe one person who's playing the game who talks about it and isn't ignored.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
HeavOnEarth
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States7087 Posts
November 03 2010 07:06 GMT
#38
Large games should be fine, just a ton of new players in a large game = bad
I like being inactive as mafia, so having the post once a day would hurt me , maybe o_o;
"come korea next time... FXO house... 10 korean, 10 korean"
aztrorisk
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States896 Posts
November 09 2010 00:53 GMT
#39
Detective play wasn't excellent in this game. Aztrorisk had some good checks but KtheZ was an inactive DT, which is a useless DT



Hmmm.

Check 1: Pandain - Framed, bad check
Check 2: Annul - VP Lord as JoL, bad check (I hate you annul, if you didn't pm me, I woulda checked Spydr)
Other checks just helped VP Lord

Which one was a good check?

A player who almost never posts in the thread but always votes is less valuable to a player who is active but forgets to vote IMO.

Any player who does not vote once during the game will be put on probation and cannot play in the next mafia game.


:C

A lock that opens to many keys is a bad lock. A key that opens many locks is a master key.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
November 09 2010 00:55 GMT
#40
both were good checks in terms of picking good players

it was unfortunate that they both failed
RIP Aaliyah
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 141
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1775
ggaemo 474
910 409
Mong 97
Dewaltoss 93
Shuttle 93
Hm[arnc] 39
soO 29
Bale 26
Noble 23
[ Show more ]
ZergMaN 21
yabsab 19
Icarus 10
sorry 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm164
League of Legends
JimRising 621
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1116
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor740
Other Games
summit1g8844
C9.Mang0318
Happy243
PiGStarcraft142
Mew2King123
ArmadaUGS43
trigger15
ceh91
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream131
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 27
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2355
League of Legends
• Rush1201
• Lourlo1123
• Stunt415
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
6h 33m
OSC
15h 33m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 3h
Online Event
1d 4h
FEL
1d 9h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 10h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 12h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.