• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:49
CEST 18:49
KST 01:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12349 users

Pick Your Power Mafia 2! - Page 24

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 90 Next
Hesmyrr
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada5776 Posts
August 25 2010 00:30 GMT
#461
Except for the copycat problem I don't have that much problem with the current plan, though admittedly I just dropped in and didn't have time to scrutinize it critically. Also above post was just idea of mine since I think mafia might try to make copycat role go to one of them and snipe anti-town PR they want, and this is immediate way I could see of randomizing the number role goes to.
"If watching the MSL finals makes you a progamer, then anyone in Korea can do it." - Ha Tae Ki
zeks
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Canada1068 Posts
August 25 2010 00:39 GMT
#462
i'm #5 and just for everyones information i have went with

role cop50% def role 50% right now

i will be sticking with that until i hear more from other ppl

i may consider doing rerolling with
33% cc 33% rolecop 33% defensive role

will be f5-ing this thread periodically.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-- I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
August 25 2010 00:41 GMT
#463
johnnyspazz has been replaced by Subversion
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
August 25 2010 00:52 GMT
#464
Main problem right now as I see it. Serial Killer or Mafia take Roleblocker. They roleblock whoever they shoot. Our defensive roles then become useless and they pick off the important investigative roles. Now, given that each role is in one of 4 spots, that still gives them alot of players to sort through, and they will only get about 4 chances to kill at night anyways, so this isn't as game breaking as I was worried about.

Anyways, I think we should be sticking with the plan, and hoping that our role cop can help us out if the mafia decide to go for the 'mafia' powers. The plan at least assures that we should have a glut of very pro-town roles, so we'll be able to combat the red roles fairly effectively.
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
August 25 2010 00:55 GMT
#465
Copy Cat is the other problem of course, but with two medics we should be able to cover the important anti-town roles so mafia can't kill them off easily during night 1.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
August 25 2010 00:59 GMT
#466
so i should be getting bad santa? sigh..wanted joat...
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
August 25 2010 01:10 GMT
#467
On August 25 2010 09:59 chaoser wrote:
so i should be getting bad santa? sigh..wanted joat...



Honestly if you took roleblocker instead of bad santa, I wouldn't be upset. But yes, you should take Bad Santa.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
August 25 2010 01:21 GMT
#468
Wait so we're scrapping the plan? Wtf? Someone clarify on the situation right now. And if we are, why.
If we're going to scrap the plan we should try to fix it before throwing it away.
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
August 25 2010 01:24 GMT
#469
I don't think we should scrap the plan. Stick with the plan, as it should give us a ton of good roles.

The only addendum I think really may need to happen is picking up the roleblocker fairly high up.
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
August 25 2010 01:25 GMT
#470
But the draft phase ends in a half hour, so we may be somewhat stuck with what's been sent in. Either way, we should have a fairly good spread of power roles, and be in good shape.
citi.zen
Profile Joined April 2009
2509 Posts
August 25 2010 01:28 GMT
#471
The first 3 spots should stick to the designated picks, and be held accountable for it. Fourth spot could choose roleblocker.

After that the only thing you should be doing is randomizing between a defensive role and useful town role. Don't announce exactly what you do (ex: don't say you're 50% cop). Randomize honestly, we need defensive roles.
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
August 25 2010 01:30 GMT
#472
On August 25 2010 10:28 citi.zen wrote:
The first 3 spots should stick to the designated picks, and be held accountable for it. Fourth spot could choose roleblocker.

After that the only thing you should be doing is randomizing between a defensive role and useful town role. Don't announce exactly what you do (ex: don't say you're 50% cop). Randomize honestly, we need defensive roles.


Nah I like the 50% thing, helps gurantee that we're going to be getting good roles.

Stick with the plan, it's too late to change anything. The only thing that will happen is that the plan is hurt, but not changed. So it'll only be bad(because not everyone will know.)

Stick with the plan.
zeks
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Canada1068 Posts
August 25 2010 01:42 GMT
#473
i used random.org went exactly with this:
#5 50% Role Cop, 50% Defensive role(Vet, Meth Man, or Bulletproof. 33% chance of each)

1-50 rolecop
50-67 vet
67-83 bulletproof
83-100 methman

just sayin, i'm hoping everyone below me follows the plan as well.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-- I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
August 25 2010 02:07 GMT
#474
[image loading]



Day 1



Alas, the chaos has finally started! Role PMs are being sent out right this minute! With 19 players it is 10 votes to lynch! If majority is not reached by the deadline the day ends with a NO LYNCH.

Day 1 ends in 48 hours @ 10:00PM ET/11:00KST on Thursday August 26th/27th(KST).

Good luck everyone!



Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
August 25 2010 02:38 GMT
#475
sooo, i got my role...
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Divinek
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada4045 Posts
August 25 2010 02:39 GMT
#476
kill: bill murray

well now that's out of the way lets get this show on the road
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Oh goodness me, FOX tv where do you get your sight? Can't you keep track, the puck is black. That's why the ice is white.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
August 25 2010 02:44 GMT
#477
HAHAHAHA, nice one
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
August 25 2010 02:45 GMT
#478
HAHAHAHA Wow, that was fast. So I guess Opz wins?
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
August 25 2010 02:45 GMT
#479
On August 25 2010 11:39 Divinek wrote:
kill: bill murray

well now that's out of the way lets get this show on the road


Bill Murray, Mafia RoleBlocker, is now dead

No , I'm kidding. That was just stupid. Seriously, I'm such a sad panda.

Though I did laugh
zeks
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Canada1068 Posts
August 25 2010 02:47 GMT
#480
i really want to see what he flips before i go to bed
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-- I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 90 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM902
TKL 352
IndyStarCraft 223
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 902
ByuN 470
TKL 352
Reynor 290
IndyStarCraft 223
BRAT_OK 52
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 48582
Calm 3030
Bisu 1613
FanTaSy 442
Rush 240
actioN 162
firebathero 160
Sharp 51
Free 39
Mong 31
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 24
Rock 22
Pusan 22
soO 21
Aegong 18
Hm[arnc] 13
Terrorterran 13
scan(afreeca) 12
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8841
Dendi1169
Counter-Strike
fl0m5611
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King98
Heroes of the Storm
MindelVK13
Other Games
singsing1896
Liquid`RaSZi1759
Beastyqt708
B2W.Neo705
FrodaN679
olofmeister541
Khaldor523
Mlord514
KnowMe339
crisheroes179
Livibee100
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 29
• Adnapsc2 13
• Reevou 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach43
• Azhi_Dahaki14
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV494
League of Legends
• Nemesis2654
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1794
Other Games
• Shiphtur726
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 11m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 11m
OSC
6h 11m
Replay Cast
6h 11m
OSC
19h 11m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.