• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:00
CEST 21:00
KST 04:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9384 users

World at War Mafia

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
March 21 2010 21:58 GMT
#47
Joining.
/in
靈魂交響曲
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
March 23 2010 01:09 GMT
#122
/Confirm
靈魂交響曲
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
March 23 2010 04:33 GMT
#149
I think this game would end like Caller's game, but except for Execute, its Nuke.
靈魂交響曲
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
March 23 2010 18:30 GMT
#228
On March 24 2010 02:04 XeliN wrote:
L being banned for 2 days in my eyes means he is not a viable candidate to be lynched, although the posts he has made already I disagree with but that might simply be because he's L and thats my general reaction to whatever he posts.

As to the idea of retaliation against a player who has an itchy trigger finger, we have the perfect form of retaliation. We lynch them. Or to put it more bluntly

Any player launching a nuke against another without at the very least providing coherent argument for doing so will be lynched. Furthermore the only instance whereby we would launch against a player who acts in this way would be if we already have a good candidate for lynching, then we will nuke or multiple nuke them (I am of the opinion that 2 ought to be enough)

To get things started off in the voting section I am going to be Voting ~OpZ~

His post earlier on both seemed different in style to the way he posted in the last game and also was riddled with subtle "I am town" choice of wording, something I consciously made an effort to do in the last game I was mafia so guess I'll go along with my instinct here.


To me, the tone OpZ used gives me the impression that he has the power to nuke. Doesn't feel scummy to me at this point of the game though. If you're Mafia, that would be a dumb way to get unwanted attention.
靈魂交響曲
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
March 23 2010 18:45 GMT
#239
On March 24 2010 03:38 XeliN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2010 03:30 Fishball wrote:
On March 24 2010 02:04 XeliN wrote:
L being banned for 2 days in my eyes means he is not a viable candidate to be lynched, although the posts he has made already I disagree with but that might simply be because he's L and thats my general reaction to whatever he posts.

As to the idea of retaliation against a player who has an itchy trigger finger, we have the perfect form of retaliation. We lynch them. Or to put it more bluntly

Any player launching a nuke against another without at the very least providing coherent argument for doing so will be lynched. Furthermore the only instance whereby we would launch against a player who acts in this way would be if we already have a good candidate for lynching, then we will nuke or multiple nuke them (I am of the opinion that 2 ought to be enough)

To get things started off in the voting section I am going to be Voting ~OpZ~

His post earlier on both seemed different in style to the way he posted in the last game and also was riddled with subtle "I am town" choice of wording, something I consciously made an effort to do in the last game I was mafia so guess I'll go along with my instinct here.


To me, the tone OpZ used gives me the impression that he has the power to nuke. Doesn't feel scummy to me at this point of the game though. If you're Mafia, that would be a dumb way to get unwanted attention.


You disagree with my observation on ~OpZ~ fine, i made it clear it was mostly intuitive based on how I tried to act when I was mafia, you then coming out and making what is essentially a slight accusation without actually doing so concerns me more. If I was mafia then yes it might be unintelligent to bring attention to myself early in this way, that is obvious.

What concerns me more is did you type that just to state something obvious or did you just want to write the word "mafia" about another player?


You totally misread my post. I'm not talking about you at all.
I said "IF you're mafia", you wouldn't want unnecessary attention, which is what OpZ did.
靈魂交響曲
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
March 23 2010 18:46 GMT
#240
On March 24 2010 03:42 haster27 wrote:
lol I hope this is not how the rest of the game is going to unfold.


I already called this on page 8.
We'll see what happens.
靈魂交響曲
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
March 23 2010 18:52 GMT
#245
On March 24 2010 03:46 XeliN wrote:
Oh lol, to be fair it can easily be interpreted both ways


I actually reread my post a couple times after you quoted me, as you didn't make much sense.
If I was actually "accusing" you, then MY sentence wouldn't make sense at all.

I still don't know how you interpreted the "other" way. Maybe something to hide ?

On March 24 2010 03:46 haster27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2010 03:45 Fishball wrote:
On March 24 2010 03:38 XeliN wrote:
On March 24 2010 03:30 Fishball wrote:
On March 24 2010 02:04 XeliN wrote:
L being banned for 2 days in my eyes means he is not a viable candidate to be lynched, although the posts he has made already I disagree with but that might simply be because he's L and thats my general reaction to whatever he posts.

As to the idea of retaliation against a player who has an itchy trigger finger, we have the perfect form of retaliation. We lynch them. Or to put it more bluntly

Any player launching a nuke against another without at the very least providing coherent argument for doing so will be lynched. Furthermore the only instance whereby we would launch against a player who acts in this way would be if we already have a good candidate for lynching, then we will nuke or multiple nuke them (I am of the opinion that 2 ought to be enough)

To get things started off in the voting section I am going to be Voting ~OpZ~

His post earlier on both seemed different in style to the way he posted in the last game and also was riddled with subtle "I am town" choice of wording, something I consciously made an effort to do in the last game I was mafia so guess I'll go along with my instinct here.


To me, the tone OpZ used gives me the impression that he has the power to nuke. Doesn't feel scummy to me at this point of the game though. If you're Mafia, that would be a dumb way to get unwanted attention.


You disagree with my observation on ~OpZ~ fine, i made it clear it was mostly intuitive based on how I tried to act when I was mafia, you then coming out and making what is essentially a slight accusation without actually doing so concerns me more. If I was mafia then yes it might be unintelligent to bring attention to myself early in this way, that is obvious.

What concerns me more is did you type that just to state something obvious or did you just want to write the word "mafia" about another player?


You totally misread my post. I'm not talking about you at all.
I said "IF you're mafia", you wouldn't want unnecessary attention, which is what OpZ did.

That's a WIFOM.


I actually just googled WIFOM as I've never heard of this term before.
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Wifom

So you're saying I was playing the WIFOM game or Xelin?
If you meant me, then no.
靈魂交響曲
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
March 23 2010 19:12 GMT
#251
On March 24 2010 03:59 XeliN wrote:
I'll respond if other people agree that it can't be interpreted in that way, otherwise your wrong.

screw it just to get this out of the way:
+ Show Spoiler +


On March 24 2010 03:30 Fishball wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2010 02:04 XeliN wrote:
L being banned for 2 days in my eyes means he is not a viable candidate to be lynched, although the posts he has made already I disagree with but that might simply be because he's L and thats my general reaction to whatever he posts.

As to the idea of retaliation against a player who has an itchy trigger finger, we have the perfect form of retaliation. We lynch them. Or to put it more bluntly

Any player launching a nuke against another without at the very least providing coherent argument for doing so will be lynched. Furthermore the only instance whereby we would launch against a player who acts in this way would be if we already have a good candidate for lynching, then we will nuke or multiple nuke them (I am of the opinion that 2 ought to be enough)

To get things started off in the voting section I am going to be Voting ~OpZ~

His post earlier on both seemed different in style to the way he posted in the last game and also was riddled with subtle "I am town" choice of wording, something I consciously made an effort to do in the last game I was mafia so guess I'll go along with my instinct here.


To me, the tone OpZ used gives me the impression that he has the power to nuke. Doesn't feel scummy to me at this point of the game though. If you're Mafia, that would be a dumb way to get unwanted attention.


Firstly you are quoting me, so when you wrote "If you're Mafia", I took it to be me. Think the misinterpretation lies in the word "that", I took it to refer to the post you quoted of mine//my voting and reasoning in voting for OpZ and not to what OpZ wrote.



If you still can't understand how I could misinterpret it then I'm just going to give up and call you an idiot ^^


It wasn't referring to anyone. It was an assumption.

Eg.
If you're blind, driving a car would be asking for disaster
If you're sick, you wouldn't want to go to school.

So did I say that you ARE blind/sick? No.

On March 24 2010 03:59 XeliN wrote:
If you still can't understand how I could misinterpret it then I'm just going to give up and call you an idiot ^^


Oh I'm pretty sure there are many ways to misinterpret this, for different reasons.
靈魂交響曲
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
March 24 2010 00:08 GMT
#290
On March 24 2010 08:51 Versatile wrote:
ps: lmao @ nemy getting voted for in both games, haha.


Well one has to be red, right? RIGHT?
靈魂交響曲
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
March 24 2010 00:13 GMT
#293
##Vote: L

Ironically, I don't like retaliation.
Or do I?
靈魂交響曲
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
March 24 2010 18:32 GMT
#361
On March 25 2010 03:31 Phrujbaz wrote:
LOL

is there a feature to be emailed if you get a pm?


No, why don't you check the thread everyday instead?
If you say you can't, why did you even bother signing up?
靈魂交響曲
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
March 25 2010 01:25 GMT
#502
So it finally happens.
Took long enough for the first nuke to launch.
靈魂交響曲
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
March 25 2010 01:36 GMT
#506
At this point there, is no turning back anymore.

##Vote: RebirthofLegend
靈魂交響曲
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
March 25 2010 02:49 GMT
#534
On March 25 2010 11:46 Bill Murray wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2010 11:33 XeliN wrote:
##Vote Abstain

Removing my vote on RoL, whilst I agree that it is not good to go the first day without lynching someone, the sheer fact that not one person has attempted to argue against voting for RoL and the overwhelming pressure to vote for him makes it very unlikely to me that he's mafia.


You just argued against his lynch... If he's red, and you're not, then way to go, buddy.

I'm back at my house. I will be gradually checking this to see what the plans are. Now that Caller has stated that he has no anti-nuclear-devices, where does that leave us?

It would be nice to know who has Nukes and who has Anti-Nukes, are we allowed to share that information? It would benefit the town. If not allowed to do it, at least use this:

Guaranteed countries with nukes:

The Big Five:
1. Usa,
2. Russia,
3. France,
4. UK,
5. China

The Nuclear Riff-Raff: (those not signing the NTBT or Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty)
6. India
7. Pakistan
8. North Korea

Undeclared Nuclear Power
9. Israel

I am not sure if there will only be 9 with nukes, but that is my assumption. It could include a nation like Iran.


Already clarified with Ace. Certain real world "facts" are not related to this game. Which means USA/Russia might or might NOT have nukes.
靈魂交響曲
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
March 25 2010 02:56 GMT
#537
I asked Ace this question at the very beginning, since this game doesn't mean jack even if people know what country you are. What matters is the alignment of that country, and what power one posses.

Hell, Zimbabwe might have Nukes if this country is in the game.
靈魂交響曲
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
March 25 2010 03:26 GMT
#550
On March 25 2010 12:03 Abenson wrote:
Regarding the RoL-nuking-Caller situation, I think it best that we let Caller explain his thoughts on the whole thing first. Give him a chance to defend himself and propose why we someone with an anti-nuke should save him. Also, giving him a chance to talk may reveal things later on if he is mafia.


He already explained his thoughts. Well, sort of.

靈魂交響曲
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
March 25 2010 03:34 GMT
#556
On March 25 2010 12:33 Ace wrote:
if Fishball dies.

靈魂交響曲
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
March 25 2010 03:36 GMT
#557
On March 25 2010 12:29 Zona wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2010 12:26 Ace wrote:
If you anti-nuke it, the day goes back to "normal". Hence if we already passed the original 48 hours, and you anti-nuked the nuke then once its done, we go to night.


We need to get a majority vote on RoL as soon as possible, in case an anti-nuke is launched! If an anti-nuke is launched the day may end earlier than the 24 hour extension we expect to get, and if we don't have a majority vote, we will end up no lynching!


Are you saying you're in a position to be able to make use of the extra 24 hours?
靈魂交響曲
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
March 25 2010 05:18 GMT
#590
On March 25 2010 14:10 ~OpZ~ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2010 11:33 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
On March 25 2010 10:29 ~OpZ~ wrote:
Well I read through the rules again...I'm assuming I can post PM's between me and him...

If you would like this I will post them...Wow...I'm thoroughly appalled by this...

I've asked him prior to him getting voted for to post some content, he hasn't replied...He could of talked it over to me his plans or what not....

-_-

But no sense lynching him anyway, he is townie.

Even I read this part, wtf?


No talking about the game outside the thread. This includes Private Messages unless your role gives you permission to do so. You will be mod-killed if this rule is broken.

I'm a mason. I can talk outside the thread with Abenson. I'm not sure if I can post what me and him talk about.


If the rules on the first page doesn't say, then you can.
靈魂交響曲
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
March 26 2010 00:49 GMT
#765
This scenario just seems kinda off to me.
Keep in mind Mafia can have anti-missile powers too.
靈魂交響曲
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 275
BRAT_OK 97
JuggernautJason79
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 901
Shuttle 699
Zeus 82
soO 44
Hyun 43
ToSsGirL 32
scan(afreeca) 23
Sacsri 9
ZZZero.O 2
Dota 2
qojqva2189
420jenkins622
canceldota26
Counter-Strike
fl0m5146
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3414
Liquid`Hasu595
Other Games
FrodaN939
KnowMe226
Pyrionflax169
Livibee163
QueenE64
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick632
StarCraft 2
angryscii 36
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 95
• 3DClanTV 58
• Adnapsc2 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach98
• FirePhoenix29
• 80smullet 17
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1757
Other Games
• imaqtpie667
• Shiphtur665
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h
Patches Events
20h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
OSC
1d 4h
OSC
1d 17h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
7 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.