• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:20
CEST 16:20
KST 23:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9833 users

BloodyC0bblers's Mafia XVI - Page 43

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 41 42 43 44 45 Next All
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-03 06:21:10
February 03 2010 06:19 GMT
#841
Everyone ignoring me (except for the mafia) was a great move.
Hell, people inclined to go after Xelin's list instead of the suspects I've posted before.

Overall, there is too much behavioral analysis, bad behavioral analysis.
靈魂交響曲
tree.hugger
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Philadelphia, PA10406 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-03 06:53:23
February 03 2010 06:49 GMT
#842
My intent (as I pm'd to d3) was to vote Sidesprang and then see if anyone followed. Then nobody did anything, and I so I figured there was no way for us to win anyway.

Disappointing end.

I was never pm'd by Sagaz, and I just didn't have the time I had earlier in the game to do all the work.
ModeratorEffOrt, Snow, GuMiho, and Team Liquid
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-03 06:59:24
February 03 2010 06:52 GMT
#843
On February 03 2010 13:47 Jonoman92 wrote:
Thanks a lot for hosting BC. Whoever outed me for that technical writing clue, good job, you were right.


On January 25 2010 08:18 Fishball wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2010 07:50 Iaaan wrote:
If you look at Quickstrikers profile pic, it could be a 'technical drawing,' and maybe could fit with some of the other clues depending on what anime character it is, I don't know tho.


I would link the "technical drawing" clue to something more technical, eg:

- RoyW
An enginner http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_W._Brown

- Jonoman92
Profile quoting "sMi.Arcology"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcology

Just another approach you guys might want to take a look at.


Also

On January 24 2010 10:05 Fishball wrote:
Sound clues IF they are clues, possible link:

IloveKt

[image loading]


I've also brought up VelkanKnight, though it was a different clue interpretation.

All in all, I think people should focus more on clue analysis and less on behavioral analysis. Its just too easy to be lead in the wrong direction by the Mafia if you're not experienced or good enough.
靈魂交響曲
iLoveKT
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Philippines3615 Posts
February 03 2010 10:22 GMT
#844
gg. thanks BC for hosting. just sad that the game was filled with inactives.

So we got screwed on elections because fulgrim didnt win (lol i still dont know what happened). But we got lucky town lynched a DT (who was inactive anyway?) and we got lucky and killed not 1 but BOTH vigis on night 1. Considering the activity level, I thought it was gg after night 1.

heres my pm about night 1 kills:
I propose to kill:

1.toplexa. I reckon he has an important role for the old guy to be replaced. If not then we do it for the lulz. He just enters the game and he dies immediately.

2.ItsPaul. I think he is a blue. He run for office immediately after day 1 post but withdrew afterwards.

3.|10f. He can be too active if he decides too.

comments?


Woo Jung Ho
RoyW
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Ireland270 Posts
February 03 2010 13:06 GMT
#845
Thank you so much for hosting. I enjoyed my first game of Mafia
Fulgrim
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States560 Posts
February 03 2010 15:12 GMT
#846
GG guys, mafia won because of inactivity, had the blues been active this game would have turned out differently I think. Our mafia was really unorganized, we never actually heard anything from the inactive 7strife. I decided to run from the start to maybe throw off suspicion of me being mafia (mafia candidates might run later after they get organized?). We pm'd alot the first day, and then rarely pm'ed each other afterwards, so we were basically on our own. Most of the other mafia layed low, which I guess was an advantage for us because they were always out of the spotlight. Our plan was to elect me Sheriff, and Xelin mayor (who would lynch QS, cause alot of suspicion thrown on him, and maybe be lynched himself), though this weird 3 way tie thing happened, and the two people I was afraid of getting into office got into office.... As for clue analysis, many people were wrong in there suspicions of mafia toward the beginning, and whenever IloveKT's sound waves got brought up, I tried to post some different clues relating to other people to change the discussion, which mainly worked. I didn't get accused of being mafia until much later, although then it was still pretty much over for town. D3's last post was a real gift for the mafia, he gave pretty good evidence that no_re was mafia, so it was easy to jump on that bandwagon and move the town that way.

After Night 1 I was basically choosing all of the targets for our kills, sorry mafia I didn't see you guys being active so I took the initiative mainly. And sorry to those that I killed, nothing personal (except those who were accusing me of being mafia and got killed =P). I mainly chose to kill active people, because all we needed to do is make sure that the thread is dead and we win. I probably should have killed dozko sooner, because he had some really good analysis in his posts. When we killed Xelin, I was hoping that the town would split into two sides and QS and dozko would be lynched. Unfortunately while QS did end up getting lynched, the town hardly was split, and suspected the mafia had killed Xelin just to cause arguements. Killing Xelin and Iaaan who were involved in this situation with no_re was complete luck. Also killing both Vigi's on the first night was luck. (at the beginning I was really scared of medics, so we avoided the most popular targets)

I actually did accidently miss two votes, it wasn't some clever mafia ploy.

GG all, thanks BC for host, next time I'll hopefully be on the town's side.
One does not simply walk into mordor
Fulgrim
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States560 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-03 15:27:33
February 03 2010 15:12 GMT
#847
^ also I was entertained by tree.huggers vote for me for the election, saying that I was too noob to be mafia
One does not simply walk into mordor
Fulgrim
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States560 Posts
February 03 2010 15:23 GMT
#848
On February 03 2010 15:19 Fishball wrote:
Everyone ignoring me (except for the mafia) was a great move.
Hell, people inclined to go after Xelin's list instead of the suspects I've posted before.

Overall, there is too much behavioral analysis, bad behavioral analysis.


Yeah fishball, alot of people with good analysis got ignored, which kind of sucked, and usually would get them killed by mafia.
One does not simply walk into mordor
dozko
Profile Joined December 2009
United Kingdom160 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-03 16:32:10
February 03 2010 16:31 GMT
#849
Damn fulgrim you dirty mobster suspected you from the beginning after the day 1 election, you should've gone down

Also im happy my suspicions of jonoman were confirmed although he too evaded the lynch.

To be honest we would've got ilovekt and velkanknight but we were looking too hard for clues and missing the obvious ones which turned out to be correct.

The others however im not too sure we would've got unless we got lucky because they basically posted nothing.

Thanks BC for hosting the game and gg mob.
People respond to incentives; the rest is commentary.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 03 2010 17:07 GMT
#850
On February 03 2010 15:52 Fishball wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2010 13:47 Jonoman92 wrote:
Thanks a lot for hosting BC. Whoever outed me for that technical writing clue, good job, you were right.


Show nested quote +
On January 25 2010 08:18 Fishball wrote:
On January 25 2010 07:50 Iaaan wrote:
If you look at Quickstrikers profile pic, it could be a 'technical drawing,' and maybe could fit with some of the other clues depending on what anime character it is, I don't know tho.


I would link the "technical drawing" clue to something more technical, eg:

- RoyW
An enginner http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_W._Brown

- Jonoman92
Profile quoting "sMi.Arcology"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcology

Just another approach you guys might want to take a look at.


Also

Show nested quote +
On January 24 2010 10:05 Fishball wrote:
Sound clues IF they are clues, possible link:

IloveKt

[image loading]


I've also brought up VelkanKnight, though it was a different clue interpretation.

All in all, I think people should focus more on clue analysis and less on behavioral analysis. Its just too easy to be lead in the wrong direction by the Mafia if you're not experienced or good enough.


You also pm'd me "Die godfather!" when i was in fact the godfather ^_^
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
johnnyspazz
Profile Joined April 2009
Taiwan1470 Posts
February 03 2010 17:19 GMT
#851
lol damn i thought fulgrim was town alligned its the only one that surprised me at the end. overall this was a terrible game imo
i hope the next one i play in isnt as inactive
"The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs a lot less." -Brendan Behan
Fulgrim
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States560 Posts
February 03 2010 18:06 GMT
#852
haha yeah sorry johnnyspazz, I was red. I tried really hard to act like a townie though all the time
One does not simply walk into mordor
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
February 03 2010 18:17 GMT
#853
On February 04 2010 02:19 johnnyspazz wrote:
lol damn i thought fulgrim was town alligned its the only one that surprised me at the end. overall this was a terrible game imo
i hope the next one i play in isnt as inactive


next major game held will most likely be a mix of the regular players and the ones from the last two games should be much more active
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-03 19:36:11
February 03 2010 19:33 GMT
#854
On February 04 2010 02:07 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2010 15:52 Fishball wrote:
On February 03 2010 13:47 Jonoman92 wrote:
Thanks a lot for hosting BC. Whoever outed me for that technical writing clue, good job, you were right.


On January 25 2010 08:18 Fishball wrote:
On January 25 2010 07:50 Iaaan wrote:
If you look at Quickstrikers profile pic, it could be a 'technical drawing,' and maybe could fit with some of the other clues depending on what anime character it is, I don't know tho.


I would link the "technical drawing" clue to something more technical, eg:

- RoyW
An enginner http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_W._Brown

- Jonoman92
Profile quoting "sMi.Arcology"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcology

Just another approach you guys might want to take a look at.


Also

On January 24 2010 10:05 Fishball wrote:
Sound clues IF they are clues, possible link:

IloveKt

[image loading]


I've also brought up VelkanKnight, though it was a different clue interpretation.

All in all, I think people should focus more on clue analysis and less on behavioral analysis. Its just too easy to be lead in the wrong direction by the Mafia if you're not experienced or good enough.


You also pm'd me "Die godfather!" when i was in fact the godfather ^_^


Oh, yeah.
That was after my death, so I already knew who was Mafia.
BC said there were no clues towards the Godfather until Day 4, so at that point of the game, there is no way I can confirm you are the Godfather, let alone Mafia.

I was bored so I pm'd you, but you never replied.
靈魂交響曲
d3_crescentia
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4054 Posts
February 03 2010 23:04 GMT
#855
Dammit, Fulgrim, I *knew* the mafia had some sort of weird back-Xelin plan. Though by the time I figured out no_re really was townie, I was already dead. I was really hoping someone would be able to see through his posts and tell that he was innocent after all.

It's just annoying because whenever we cast out an accusation I was hoping that they would come back and respond to it... but they never did and so my mind moved onto someone else. Funny how that happens.
once, not long ago, there was a moon here
iLoveKT
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Philippines3615 Posts
February 03 2010 23:19 GMT
#856
lol Xelin was too funny. He was wrong in everything, so we backed him up. haha.
Woo Jung Ho
Iaaan
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada578 Posts
February 03 2010 23:41 GMT
#857
Thanks for hosting BC ^^

The inactivity of alot of people really sucked, but it was fun to start getting into mafia.
Fulgrim
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States560 Posts
February 03 2010 23:47 GMT
#858
On February 04 2010 08:04 d3_crescentia wrote:
Dammit, Fulgrim, I *knew* the mafia had some sort of weird back-Xelin plan. Though by the time I figured out no_re really was townie, I was already dead. I was really hoping someone would be able to see through his posts and tell that he was innocent after all.

It's just annoying because whenever we cast out an accusation I was hoping that they would come back and respond to it... but they never did and so my mind moved onto someone else. Funny how that happens.


Haha yeah, we thought that we could get Xelin elected, but somehow I ended up voting for Iaaan.... and the whole thing fell apart. Your right, nobody really responded to their accusers this game, and playing without most of the mafia posting, and without DT's, Vigi's, or medics was pretty difficult.
One does not simply walk into mordor
~OpZ~
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States3652 Posts
February 03 2010 23:51 GMT
#859
Well it was fun...

Sorry Xelin and QS, hope we don't discourage you from participating in the next one...

Anyway...Yea...GG -_-

God damn inactivity, allowing so many things to slip through.
Maybe I could teach Osama that using a plane as a wraith or dropship would be 10x better than using it as a scourge..... ^^; -Flex
XeliN
Profile Joined June 2009
United Kingdom1755 Posts
February 03 2010 23:51 GMT
#860
lol KT i just got abit carried away and some of the townies seemed to be acting so obviously Mafia to me it was surreal seeing the final list.
Adonai bless
Prev 1 41 42 43 44 45 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 912
ComeBackTV 592
SteadfastSC452
TaKeTV 336
Rex158
IndyStarCraft 102
EnkiAlexander 49
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 452
Rex 158
ProTech128
IndyStarCraft 102
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 48978
Bisu 2025
Horang2 1342
EffOrt 1106
Soma 646
Mini 580
Hyuk 561
BeSt 473
Light 435
Larva 383
[ Show more ]
Rush 256
ZerO 227
Mong 91
910 82
Leta 74
Sea.KH 57
Pusan 52
Snow 51
ToSsGirL 44
firebathero 42
Sexy 34
Mind 34
JYJ 32
Aegong 29
Bale 23
Yoon 23
Terrorterran 20
Trap 16
Rock 14
Noble 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Sacsri 10
Dota 2
Gorgc6274
qojqva526
Counter-Strike
Fnx 770
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1473
Khaldor1093
Lowko482
Other Games
singsing2215
olofmeister1750
hiko1379
Beastyqt638
B2W.Neo420
Livibee197
Hui .179
XaKoH 153
Liquid`VortiX145
ArmadaUGS106
djWHEAT86
Mew2King72
KnowMe64
QueenE54
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV202
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream83
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 12
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile110
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 32
• FirePhoenix11
• Michael_bg 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2935
Other Games
• Shiphtur22
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 40m
CranKy Ducklings
19h 40m
Online Event
20h 40m
FEL
1d 1h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 2h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 4h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 21h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.