• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:44
CEST 20:44
KST 03:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon109
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7820 users

[Patch 3.08: Aatrox Patch] General Discussion - Page 95

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 93 94 95 96 97 380 Next
Interested in helping start an on-topic, serious League discussion thread? PM Neo to talk about how to get started.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
June 17 2013 23:15 GMT
#1881
On June 18 2013 07:44 TheYango wrote:
I mean, CLG and Dignitas are alike for me in that they're both teams I supported then stopped caring about when the players I actually liked on those teams left.

I got hooked by Rock Solid because of their strategies, the unorthodox picks and new stuff they tried, then I grew to like the players (mostly because of Scarra's personality and stream, I knew about Voyboy's skill but not who he was at the time), and learnt that Jatt was the main "brain" behind the team... once he had already left and the team became Dignitas.
Crumbzz, Kiwikid, Scarra, even Qtpie in his own chilly trolly way have likable personnalities so I've stuck to them and cheered for them, but they sure are only a shadow of their former selves when it comes to performance.

If it was only them being outclassed I don't think I'd really mind. But there was that whole thought process where they show promise and have potential, but fail to pull through, that made their games all the more frustrating to watch, because of all those "if only", "so close", etc. you get after a throw. But as time goes by they don't change, they don't "fulfill" that potential you thought you saw in them. And the throw goes from a good performance that stopped short to the standard level they display.
(There's probably a good chunk of it that comes from Scarra because of how he restrains the team's possibilities in terms of drafting and team comps, but on the other hand maybe if he doubled his champ pool we'd just learn that Dig has terrible drafting anyway.)

I guess I personally stick to them more because I don't want to drop a fav team because of sheer results, but it's almost a habit more than really feeling involved and cheering at this point.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
KissBlade
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States5718 Posts
June 17 2013 23:16 GMT
#1882
Yango, my first champion purchase and still favorite is Orianna and she was 6300 when I started the game. Second champ purchase was Irelia at 6300 as well haha.
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
June 17 2013 23:18 GMT
#1883
On June 18 2013 08:08 mr_tolkien wrote:
So, the more I play Annie, the more I get rage from my opponents. Last in date :
«G00by plss: fucking retarded troll mongoloid hero»


Mongoloid. Shitty as ragers are, that's a good one.
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
June 17 2013 23:20 GMT
#1884
On June 18 2013 08:16 KissBlade wrote:
Yango, my first champion purchase and still favorite is Orianna and she was 6300 when I started the game. Second champ purchase was Irelia at 6300 as well haha.

Guess I'm weird then for not buying a 6300 till I was level 25 or something.

Then again I'm also weird for buying all the <4800 champs just cuz.
Moderator
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-17 23:44:13
June 17 2013 23:24 GMT
#1885
I'd be more curious about the proportion of people that buy RP for 4800+ champs when they're leveling, compared to those that save their IP for them.

Random PBE bits:
Kennen
Base damage now 47 (down from 51.3)
Base HP5 now 4.5 (down from 4.65)
[Passive] - Mark of the Storm - Now lasts for 6 seconds (down from 8 seconds)

Nunu
Health scaling is now 96 per level (down from 108)
[Q] - Consume - Now deals 500/625/750/875/1000 (changed from 600/700/800/900/1000)

Viktor
Now has the tag "support" and no longer has the tags "Ranged" or "pusher"

Corki
[W] - Valkyrie - Now costs 50 mana (down from 100)
[R] - Missile Barrage - Now costs 20 mana (down from 30/35/40 mana)

Nunu prob not the highest HP pool anymore.
I don't want to read into Viktor's tags too much, but he can't not be a "pusher" with his E the way it is (even without Augment:Death, it just takes (alot) longer to reach this point), and his "support-ing" abilities are hyper-limited (W clearly not enough, or Anivia is a support because of hers) so I'll ignore it lest I get worried about their plans.
Corki gonna feel really good with himself, Yango gonna heave a sigh and walk on.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
overt
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States9006 Posts
June 17 2013 23:39 GMT
#1886
On June 18 2013 08:24 Alaric wrote:
I'd be more curious about the proportion of people that buy RP for 4800+ champs when they're leveling, compared to those that save their IP for them.


I read in an interview that Kiwikid dropped like $100-$200 to buy champs and IP boosts to get runes when he was trying to get on Dig.
Dgiese
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2687 Posts
June 17 2013 23:41 GMT
#1887
only champ i ever bought with rp was ww, back when he was a great jungler, and his rp vs ip price was the most efficient. was 487 or whatever rp for 3150, when all the other 3150 champs were 700 odd.
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
June 17 2013 23:41 GMT
#1888
On June 18 2013 08:16 KissBlade wrote:
Yango, my first champion purchase and still favorite is Orianna and she was 6300 when I started the game. Second champ purchase was Irelia at 6300 as well haha.

Same for me.

I started in August 2011, asked my friends who was the FotM OP champ because I wanted to start by playing a champion with lots of possibilities and few counters since there was only blind pick normals at that time. Everybody pointed me to Ori :p
The legend of Darien lives on
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-17 23:45:28
June 17 2013 23:44 GMT
#1889
wtf you guys are weird

I don't understand why you'd want to buy one super-expensive champ. I bought a bunch of 450s and 1350s before I even made the jump to buying a 3150.
Moderator
Dgiese
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2687 Posts
June 17 2013 23:47 GMT
#1890
On June 18 2013 08:44 TheYango wrote:
wtf you guys are weird

I don't understand why you'd want to buy one super-expensive champ. I bought a bunch of 450s and 1350s before I even made the jump to buying a 3150.

This. Heck, I didn't even spend my IP on champions. 11 runepages single purchase each (cept haloween or whatever in 2010/11)
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
June 17 2013 23:49 GMT
#1891
Admittedly I was a bad person after buying Taric and just two-man queueing Garen+Taric in normals and making people ragequit at 10 minutes.
Moderator
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
June 17 2013 23:51 GMT
#1892
On June 18 2013 08:44 TheYango wrote:
wtf you guys are weird

I don't understand why you'd want to buy one super-expensive champ. I bought a bunch of 450s and 1350s before I even made the jump to buying a 3150.


I don't know, I mean if there is a champion that you really want and then you save up for that champion, it can work out. Like me, for instance. First champion I bought was Darius and he's been my favorite since.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14210 Posts
June 17 2013 23:57 GMT
#1893
I don't really know what the world would look like if I wasn't a fan of the silver and black. No other team is ever as consistently exciting and entertaining as clg always is.
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
June 17 2013 23:57 GMT
#1894
Dunno, I bought Morgana because female whose appearance was talking to me and kit I liked. Then Irelia because kit seemed interesting (even though it was actually pretty different from what it seemed, especially the ult, but you didn't have those videos and numbers given to you in the client/shop champion profiles ;p ), then Swain because he looked visually cool and intriguing after playing against him once.
Only Singed and Renekton I bought after testing them. Blind-bought Ashe because she was cheap and reminded me of Drow Ranger but ended up not playing her.

It didn't stop me from enjoying a bunch of champs (I loved Morde and Kog but in the end I wasn't willing to spend the 6300 for Kog just yet) and playing them during their free weeks, but since I was knew and there were dozens of champs I just thought to myself "it's useless to have 10 if I don't play them, just play the free weeks that you haven't tried yet or you enjoy, and spam the rest of games with the 2-3 champs you own and love". Feels useless to spend so much IP on so many cheap champs just because they're cheap, when you won't have the time to play them all anyway because you're busy discovering the game via the free week champs.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
SnK-Arcbound
Profile Joined March 2005
United States4423 Posts
June 17 2013 23:58 GMT
#1895
I don't agree with those nunu nerfs. The q nerf is fine, but I think putting a scaling E duration nerf from 1-1.5-2-2.5-3 seconds would be much better. Would really hit the dumb players who Q max first, and would allow you actually counter play if you catch nunu in your jungle at early levels. Nunu's kit is built to counter jungle and not much else, allowing him to counter jungle for free with almost no risk of death is the problem. If players are just letting a nunu counter jungle for free, that's more not proper laning and warding.
overt
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States9006 Posts
June 18 2013 00:04 GMT
#1896
I just played free week, grinded up some IP, then bought Veigar followed by Lux and I played almost exclusively Lux from likeee level 10 to level 25ish (I would play some Veigar and Tristana though). That was back when Lux was considered a terrible champion too. I think my first skin was Spellthief Lux but it could've been White Mage Veigar since I liked both champs a lot back then.

I absolutely hate playing Veigar now. I don't know how I played him so much when I was new to the game, maybe it was because there were only like 60 or so champs.
Redox
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany24794 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-18 00:24:08
June 18 2013 00:22 GMT
#1897
Meteos is the first NA streamer I enjoy watching. Great mechanics make it really pleasant to watch. Hes a really chill dude that will probably never rage. And always reads chat and talks to viewers.
Off-season = best season
thenexusp
Profile Joined May 2009
United States3721 Posts
June 18 2013 00:26 GMT
#1898
On June 18 2013 08:44 TheYango wrote:
wtf you guys are weird

I don't understand why you'd want to buy one super-expensive champ. I bought a bunch of 450s and 1350s before I even made the jump to buying a 3150.

To be fair, the 6300s tend to have better splash arts and better models than the 450s and 1350s.
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
June 18 2013 00:26 GMT
#1899
On June 18 2013 09:22 Redox wrote:
Meteos is the first NA streamer I enjoy watching. Great mechanics make it really pleasant to watch. Hes a really chill dude that will probably never rage. And always reads chat and talks to viewers.

He's trying really hard with his new found popularity. And I mean that sincerely. He used to stream before and never broke triple digits, didn't talk much either. All that's changed since he started playing in the LCS and won the MVP last week.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
overt
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States9006 Posts
June 18 2013 00:27 GMT
#1900
On June 18 2013 09:22 Redox wrote:
Meteos is the first NA streamer I enjoy watching. Great mechanics make it really pleasant to watch. Hes a really chill dude that will probably never rage. And always reads chat and talks to viewers.


Honestly if C9 keeps winning their fanbase is gonna be massive. They have one of the best NA managers, if not the best, and they all seem like chill dudes. Could easily see them being the next TSM/CLG/EG.
Prev 1 93 94 95 96 97 380 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 475
UpATreeSC 95
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1010
Dewaltoss 120
firebathero 84
Zeus 70
Trap 49
Sexy 27
zelot 27
soO 21
Bale 21
JYJ 20
[ Show more ]
910 20
ToSsGirL 18
NaDa 15
Shine 14
Dota 2
Gorgc6865
qojqva1991
Dendi827
420jenkins178
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1345
Fnx 720
edward42
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5493
Liquid`Hasu1185
Other Games
Grubby3788
summit1g2934
Beastyqt750
B2W.Neo565
ceh9443
byalli384
KnowMe166
C9.Mang0156
TKL 129
ArmadaUGS119
BRAT_OK 89
Railgan12
Chillindude8
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV265
BasetradeTV224
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream128
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 9
• Adnapsc2 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki21
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3322
Other Games
• Shiphtur335
• WagamamaTV305
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 16m
Kung Fu Cup
16h 16m
Stellar Fest
18h 16m
The PondCast
1d 15h
OSC
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.