• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:38
CEST 14:38
KST 21:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8509 users

After Hours Gaming League - Page 5

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14 15 Next All
0123456789
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3216 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-06 23:07:09
February 06 2012 23:04 GMT
#81
On February 07 2012 07:45 Zdrastochye wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2012 07:30 0123456789 wrote:
Oh, so this is the league for old people with jobs. When we gonna see a SmashGizmo e-sports baby named MacGizmo. Your biological clock is ticking Smash.


Grandpa Gizmo gonna wave his cane at you for that.


Oh noes! I should take a fast paced leisurely walk away from him in fear for my life!!!
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
February 06 2012 23:19 GMT
#82
25 =/= time to make a baby IMO.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
0123456789
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3216 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-06 23:34:03
February 06 2012 23:27 GMT
#83
Just wondering smash, but on a scale of 1-10, how serious is after hours gaming league in your company? Also, how is the atmosphere after a game. If someone messes up, do they get demoted or yelled at in real life?
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
February 07 2012 00:46 GMT
#84
On February 07 2012 08:27 0123456789 wrote:
Just wondering smash, but on a scale of 1-10, how serious is after hours gaming league in your company? Also, how is the atmosphere after a game. If someone messes up, do they get demoted or yelled at in real life?

can't tell if troll...

it's like 1 or 2, and obviously no yelling at in real life, it's a charity, just-for-fun event. we want to win but it's all in good fun.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
arnath
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1317 Posts
February 07 2012 02:48 GMT
#85
Do you guys practice as a team?
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
February 07 2012 03:11 GMT
#86
yep, practicing right now actually: http://www.justin.tv/smashgizmo
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
arnath
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1317 Posts
February 13 2012 23:52 GMT
#87
Couple videos from this week's matches:

Ernst & Young vs. Factset (Smash's team) -

EA vs. Microsoft -
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
February 14 2012 01:22 GMT
#88
uhg, that game was so painful. fuck panth vs. malphite.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-14 03:55:13
February 14 2012 01:41 GMT
#89
wow small world, if that corki's IGN is plawg then I play normals with him pretty often, added him in S1 when his ori ult completely turned a game around by stealing baron/acing other team.

edit: asked and it was him, small world indeed
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
February 14 2012 05:11 GMT
#90
yea, plawg is good, probably 2nd best player in the tournament.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
arnath
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1317 Posts
February 14 2012 05:52 GMT
#91
2nd best behind you?
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
February 14 2012 06:04 GMT
#92
well, yea. guess that's arrogant of me to say, but I think I've earned it. I just gotta find a way to carry harder in this tourney, was really not prepared for the wukong ban on Sunday.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Gowerly
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom916 Posts
February 16 2012 11:09 GMT
#93
Is this a US only thing? We have a few SC2 players that would be interested in competing (myself included) from the UK. I guess the timezones would be difficult! Maybe we should start an EU one too!
I will reduce you to a series of numbers.
arnath
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1317 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-28 07:37:13
February 28 2012 07:36 GMT
#94
So I joined the Microsoft team as jungler ... it's been a pretty aggravating experience to be honest. I've just been playing a lot of solo queue at 1800+ and there's plays/reads/whatnot I expect people to be able to make that the AHGL team doesn't necessarily. Still trying to find a way to deal with that and still stay mentally even because I really don't handle losing well.

To restate a point Smash made, I guess I just have to find a way to carry games harder.
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
February 28 2012 18:29 GMT
#95
On February 28 2012 16:36 arnath wrote:
So I joined the Microsoft team as jungler ... it's been a pretty aggravating experience to be honest. I've just been playing a lot of solo queue at 1800+ and there's plays/reads/whatnot I expect people to be able to make that the AHGL team doesn't necessarily. Still trying to find a way to deal with that and still stay mentally even because I really don't handle losing well.

To restate a point Smash made, I guess I just have to find a way to carry games harder.

you're lucky you don't work for a smaller tech company then, cause microsoft was already decent, so if they're aggravating you, man, I don't even wanna know what you'd be like on the Factset team, lol. Should be an interesting end of the season though, seems like Amazon, EA, Microsoft, Google, Factset, Epic, E&Y, and Intel are all competitive teams (I'd say I listed them in order of strength right now).

Anyway, we should scrim sometime, I think we'll be doing some practice on Wednesday night around 10ish EST if you want to see if you can get your team together.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
arnath
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1317 Posts
February 28 2012 19:05 GMT
#96
Yeah, it's a mental thing that I need to get over. I just don't have much experience playing in a team setting (other than normal 5s with friends) and I've only been on the team for like a week so I'm still working on adjusting to the situation. I think I need to be more assertive I but it's not my biggest strength.

Regarding scrimming, is Thursday an option or just Wednesday?
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
February 28 2012 19:07 GMT
#97
Thursday might be possible, I'll check with my team.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
arnath
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1317 Posts
February 28 2012 20:21 GMT
#98
Part of the problem is also ranked 5s on US. There's not really a better way to practice but ranked 5s generally ends up either our team stomping some really mediocre team or us getting stomped by a team of 2k+ solo queue players. Of the ~15 games we've played, maybe 3 have been reasonably competitive.
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
February 28 2012 20:22 GMT
#99
On February 29 2012 05:21 arnath wrote:
Part of the problem is also ranked 5s on US. There's not really a better way to practice but ranked 5s generally ends up either our team stomping some really mediocre team or us getting stomped by a team of 2k+ solo queue players. Of the ~15 games we've played, maybe 3 have been reasonably competitive.

yea, likewise. hate to say it, but I feel like below the top level, the old system for ranked 5s was much much better for competitive 5s games.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
February 28 2012 20:48 GMT
#100
OK, I'm starting to get a little annoyed, apart from this thread, there's practically no useful information on this entire league out there.

I mean the casters are seemingly random and the games are posted by the casters on youtube or wherever, so they're scattered everywhere. All the links to VODs are broken on the site and it gives no information other than a vague timeframe that sometimes is and sometimes isn't adhered to...

I want to watch this, but you're making it hard.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 229
TKL 174
CranKy Ducklings71
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinELIVE!
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM960
IndyStarCraft 166
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 960
Lowko445
TKL 174
IndyStarCraft 166
Rex 87
MindelVK 15
ProTech1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 59989
Free 3098
Jaedong 2078
BeSt 686
Soulkey 420
Horang2 346
Soma 312
Zeus 198
firebathero 183
Hyun 180
[ Show more ]
Last 159
sorry 123
Mind 110
Pusan 83
Yoon 30
soO 29
ToSsGirL 26
scan(afreeca) 23
Aegong 18
yabsab 13
Sacsri 9
zelot 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7058
Dendi714
XaKoH 397
canceldota51
Other Games
gofns33847
singsing2509
B2W.Neo494
byalli381
Pyrionflax306
ToD202
DeMusliM71
QueenE41
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV204
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 24
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
• Gemini_19 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1370
• WagamamaTV470
League of Legends
• Jankos3185
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
4h 22m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6h 22m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 22m
Patches Events
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
OSC
1d 23h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.