• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:23
CEST 08:23
KST 15:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8452 users

PhotoSwap: Bi-Weekly TL Photo Challenge. - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
xhuwin
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States476 Posts
August 09 2009 15:31 GMT
#21
This sounds like a great idea. Question: should we submit any description regarding our photo? Like our own comments, worries, questions, or explanations?
xyn
Boundz(DarKo)
Profile Joined March 2009
5311 Posts
August 09 2009 15:53 GMT
#22
On August 10 2009 00:31 xhuwin wrote:
This sounds like a great idea. Question: should we submit any description regarding our photo? Like our own comments, worries, questions, or explanations?

I can't see why a brief description of the photo would harm. I think it's good because if the photo looks nothing like the current event, the description could help with the process of 1+1=2.
tree.hugger
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Philadelphia, PA10406 Posts
August 09 2009 16:07 GMT
#23
With the one photo per person limit, I'm going to need to think about this for a bit. I'm excited though!
ModeratorEffOrt, Snow, GuMiho, and Team Liquid
stafu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Australia1196 Posts
August 09 2009 16:15 GMT
#24
I used to be hugely into photography but I haven't really done any for a few years now. This and my new digital animation unit this semester just might get me back into it!
PH
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6173 Posts
August 09 2009 20:42 GMT
#25
NeverGG, maybe make a list of members in OP now? It seems like this is kinda starting to roll along now, lol.

On August 09 2009 20:51 icystorage wrote:
how bout modelling in pictures?
can you help in how to pose in pictures? i happen to love posing in pictures but sometimes i run of ideas and sometimes i dont know what to do

EDIT: do you shop photos too?

I've done portrait work before...not a whole lot, but I've dabbled. If you have any questions, I'll try to help.

When I was trying to learn, the best thing way to learn for me was to look at fashion magazines and study other photographers. Just keep an eye out for the technical details: the way they fill the space/compositional balance, the lighting styles (for what you want to go for), and obviously, the way they angle/position the body and the different parts of it (also depends on the feel you're going for). That helped a lot.

And as for photoshop, every photographer, digital or not, post-processes their photos. With film, the post-work gets done in a darkroom. With digital, it gets done in a program like photoshop. How much people do in photoshop depends on their preferences, objectives and whatnot.

On August 09 2009 21:20 Boundz(DarKo) wrote:
Idea for event: Fears.

The goal here is to capture a fear you have on a picture. Example: Fear of heights, darkness, claustrophobia etc.

It could basically be anything that you find scary. The picture itself doesnt have to be scary to others, instead it could look really interesting and beatuiful.

That sounds like a great idea, actually...lol. I hope you participate in this "summer" one as well!

On August 10 2009 00:31 xhuwin wrote:
This sounds like a great idea. Question: should we submit any description regarding our photo? Like our own comments, worries, questions, or explanations?

That should be completely fine. It's up to NeverGG, though, as she's the one who'll be doing all the work with this.. :X

On August 10 2009 01:07 tree.hugger wrote:
With the one photo per person limit, I'm going to need to think about this for a bit. I'm excited though!

We thought having more than one would make it too cluttered...but it seems like not very many people are participating. :\

Choose your best one! (:

On August 10 2009 01:15 stafu wrote:
I used to be hugely into photography but I haven't really done any for a few years now. This and my new digital animation unit this semester just might get me back into it!

That was the purpose of this. I'm glad it'll get your rolling again. (:
Hello
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
August 10 2009 00:45 GMT
#26
On August 10 2009 05:42 PH wrote:
NeverGG, maybe make a list of members in OP now? It seems like this is kinda starting to roll along now, lol.

Show nested quote +
On August 09 2009 20:51 icystorage wrote:
how bout modelling in pictures?
can you help in how to pose in pictures? i happen to love posing in pictures but sometimes i run of ideas and sometimes i dont know what to do

EDIT: do you shop photos too?

I've done portrait work before...not a whole lot, but I've dabbled. If you have any questions, I'll try to help.

When I was trying to learn, the best thing way to learn for me was to look at fashion magazines and study other photographers. Just keep an eye out for the technical details: the way they fill the space/compositional balance, the lighting styles (for what you want to go for), and obviously, the way they angle/position the body and the different parts of it (also depends on the feel you're going for). That helped a lot.

And as for photoshop, every photographer, digital or not, post-processes their photos. With film, the post-work gets done in a darkroom. With digital, it gets done in a program like photoshop. How much people do in photoshop depends on their preferences, objectives and whatnot.

Show nested quote +
On August 09 2009 21:20 Boundz(DarKo) wrote:
Idea for event: Fears.

The goal here is to capture a fear you have on a picture. Example: Fear of heights, darkness, claustrophobia etc.

It could basically be anything that you find scary. The picture itself doesnt have to be scary to others, instead it could look really interesting and beatuiful.

That sounds like a great idea, actually...lol. I hope you participate in this "summer" one as well!

Show nested quote +
On August 10 2009 00:31 xhuwin wrote:
This sounds like a great idea. Question: should we submit any description regarding our photo? Like our own comments, worries, questions, or explanations?

That should be completely fine. It's up to NeverGG, though, as she's the one who'll be doing all the work with this.. :X

Show nested quote +
On August 10 2009 01:07 tree.hugger wrote:
With the one photo per person limit, I'm going to need to think about this for a bit. I'm excited though!

We thought having more than one would make it too cluttered...but it seems like not very many people are participating. :\

Choose your best one! (:

Show nested quote +
On August 10 2009 01:15 stafu wrote:
I used to be hugely into photography but I haven't really done any for a few years now. This and my new digital animation unit this semester just might get me back into it!

That was the purpose of this. I'm glad it'll get your rolling again. (:


1. Yes - I'll add the list later on today Thanks to everyone who has submitted and commented so far.

2. I need to learn this myself - I think it might be really useful to have a gallery of 'poses' aka. photos we've seen that have different and inspiring poses used. I'll work on this over the weekend.

3. Yes, I shop all my work. Some photos require less photoshopping (I use PS7.) and others require way more. I'm hoping to cut down on this processing time once I have my new set up. We can definitely offer hints and tips for this - although I am not the most experienced at using these programs.

4. I love that suggestion - please PM it to me as per the rules.

5. Yes, that's an excellent idea. I will add it to the OP rules and feel free to do so. We can include the descriptions as a note beneath each submission when they're posted in the OP.
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
Roxen000
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
1226 Posts
August 10 2009 03:39 GMT
#27
This is a really awesome idea! I've always wanted to get a bit more into photography and this is really good motivation for myself and others.

Too bad it's winter here at the moment D; It'll be hard to get a shot that represents Summer. I'm looking forward to seeing some entries :D
._.
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
August 10 2009 03:42 GMT
#28
On August 10 2009 12:39 Roxen000 wrote:
This is a really awesome idea! I've always wanted to get a bit more into photography and this is really good motivation for myself and others.

Too bad it's winter here at the moment D; It'll be hard to get a shot that represents Summer. I'm looking forward to seeing some entries :D


Thanks - well it doesn't have to be Summer in terms of weather. Possibly you could do something that evokes a feeling of 'wanting it to be Summer again.' Or put a Summery item (like a beach ball or something equally as symbolic of Summer.) in a Wintery context - I'd love to see that type of contradiction in a photo.
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
Julmust
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Sweden4867 Posts
August 10 2009 17:43 GMT
#29
come an man, you're from australia. what you consider "winter" we consider warm summer up here in europe
AdministratorI'm dancing in the moonlight
iceburn
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States303 Posts
August 10 2009 17:57 GMT
#30
I'm amped for this. Lets go challenges.
Rayzorblade
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United States1172 Posts
August 10 2009 20:46 GMT
#31
Just got back from a beautiful weekend in San Diego and I think I have a few photos that would be great for this week's topic. I love the idea as well! Will PM you soon NeverGG!
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
August 12 2009 04:00 GMT
#32
Sorry for the lack of updates - RL got in the way. I'll update the op tonight with a list of members and other stuff. Thanks for the new submissions and please keep them coming.
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
August 14 2009 00:09 GMT
#33
Updated with members list for week one.
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
HeyitsClay
Profile Joined April 2008
Canada336 Posts
August 14 2009 04:17 GMT
#34
cant wait to see the photos
Avidkeystamper
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States8556 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-14 05:15:10
August 14 2009 05:14 GMT
#35
On August 09 2009 23:58 Lachrymose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2009 23:52 pachi wrote:
On August 09 2009 23:24 Nal_rAwr wrote:
Bi-weekly is every two weeks, right?

cause semi-weekly is every half-week


Bi-weekly is twice a week. Fortnightly would probably be once every two weeks.


Biweekly actually means every two weeks.

It can mean both.
Jaedong
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
August 14 2009 05:39 GMT
#36
PH and Virtuoso both got banned (one temp and the other perma.) but I have PH's submission for this week.
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
deL
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Australia5540 Posts
August 14 2009 05:46 GMT
#37
On August 09 2009 23:58 Lachrymose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2009 23:52 pachi wrote:
On August 09 2009 23:24 Nal_rAwr wrote:
Bi-weekly is every two weeks, right?

cause semi-weekly is every half-week


Bi-weekly is twice a week. Fortnightly would probably be once every two weeks.


Biweekly actually means every two weeks.


It's for the inbreds who get confused by 'fortnight'.
Gaming videos for fun ~ http://www.youtube.com/user/WijLopenLos
Julmust
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Sweden4867 Posts
August 15 2009 22:10 GMT
#38
so what's the next topic's gonna be?
AdministratorI'm dancing in the moonlight
MuShu
Profile Joined March 2005
United States3223 Posts
August 19 2009 22:36 GMT
#39
bump since deadline for first week is soon. Hope a lot of people participate!
Boundz(DarKo)
Profile Joined March 2009
5311 Posts
August 22 2009 11:26 GMT
#40
Well LAWL.
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4423
Leta 1843
Shuttle 1052
Shine 39
ZergMaN 26
sorry 22
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm221
League of Legends
JimRising 623
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King46
Other Games
summit1g7461
WinterStarcraft630
Sick172
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick508
BasetradeTV233
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1417
• Sammyuel 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2201
League of Legends
• Lourlo1244
• Rush1120
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 37m
Patches Events
8h 37m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 37m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 37m
OSC
16h 37m
OSC
1d 5h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.