• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:35
CEST 13:35
KST 20:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8375 users

How do most people around you react to SC? - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
AtlaS
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States1001 Posts
May 31 2009 08:57 GMT
#21
Usually they insist that zerg is the best race in the game and all you have to do is a 4 pool (they just call it a fast rush, silly non-SC players) in order to win. And then when I try to explain the balance between races, they insta challenge me to a tvz in order to prove the imba zerg, even after they haven't played for 5+ years.
I don't have mono anymore. Woooo!
LaiShin
Profile Joined November 2005
Australia978 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-31 08:58:34
May 31 2009 08:57 GMT
#22
On May 31 2009 17:54 Kentor wrote:
man these korean kids keep telling me starcraft is old and they play dota. i tell them they're retards



I always thought Koreans don't get to renew their passport if they don't tick the "I play starcraft" column.
Polis
Profile Joined January 2005
Poland1292 Posts
May 31 2009 09:15 GMT
#23
I just tell people that grapchics is not the most important, and SC still don't look bad becouse of the art even through it is technically old, dying goons animation/sound never gets old. There is plenty of people still playing DOOM, there is plenty of maps done for it. Old crpgs are good also.
DarkYoDA
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
United States1347 Posts
May 31 2009 09:20 GMT
#24
Like any other games my friend, like any other game... Unless they know and have somehow watched the Korean pro gaming on Youtube then they think a "bigger" deal about it
It's a comedy to claim thy superiority when it's anothers' inferiority which elevated thy mediocrity
nataziel
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Australia1455 Posts
May 31 2009 09:33 GMT
#25
I've seen quite a few people in brisbane watching pro games. Every time I got to an internet cafe there's at least 1 person watching the latest proleague matches, and just the other day I was at uni and I sat down next to this guy and he started watching effort vs best (I think, can't really remember). Every person I play I usually own though, despite me being D- in skill level...
u gotta sk8
Mastermind
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada7096 Posts
May 31 2009 09:40 GMT
#26
On May 31 2009 16:53 mahnini wrote:
"i remember sc that game was badass [insert sc pub story from 10 years ago]"

ya, this is how most people respond when I say I play starcraft. Most people use to play it back int he day and really liked it. Some think its weird I still play it this many years later but most agree it is/was a great game.

I wonder if it has to do with age range. Everyone in my age range(early 20s) played sc or knew people who played it. Younger people may look at it differently because they were really young 10 years ago.
semioldguy
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States7488 Posts
May 31 2009 10:04 GMT
#27
I really like the graphics for Starcraft... I like them better than a lot of the games being released currently.
Moderator
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51699 Posts
May 31 2009 10:15 GMT
#28
On May 31 2009 18:33 nataziel wrote:
I've seen quite a few people in brisbane watching pro games. Every time I got to an internet cafe there's at least 1 person watching the latest proleague matches, and just the other day I was at uni and I sat down next to this guy and he started watching effort vs best (I think, can't really remember). Every person I play I usually own though, despite me being D- in skill level...


that's pretty cool, i'm like the only person in my city who somewhat follows progaming
Commentator
Day[9]
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
United States7366 Posts
May 31 2009 10:17 GMT
#29
fuck that i love starcraft and let everyone know how insane my passion is

i never ever relent or ever believe any BS about how cool it is. as a result, i cannot tell you how many people i've gotten to watch starcraft. At my college harvey mudd (~800 students), I managed to get ~300 to show up for the MBC and OSL starleague finals on 4 different occasions (all starting at around 1am).

fuck yeah, starcraft pride for life

anyone embarrassed about starcraft should just remain OUT OF CONTROL enthusiastic and optimistic. if they don't get it, don't get defensive, don't get sad, just fucking make them understand

fuck yeah this game rules
Whenever I encounter some little hitch, or some of my orbs get out of orbit, nothing pleases me so much as to make the crooked straight and crush down uneven places. www.day9.tv
nataziel
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Australia1455 Posts
May 31 2009 10:21 GMT
#30
I was thinking of starting an esports club at my uni, if we could get access to a lecture hall one night a week we could watch gom or even DL a few Proleague sets to watch. A few of my friends apparently watch SC too, which I never even knew...
u gotta sk8
Piste
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
6184 Posts
May 31 2009 10:39 GMT
#31
"Are you still playing that same old game?"
"You never got bored?"
MuR)Ernu
Profile Joined September 2008
Finland768 Posts
May 31 2009 10:43 GMT
#32
"my brain doesnt generate fun playing it" - a player who plays a lot of random mmorpgs, left for dead and team fortress 2.

"deep strategy? Lol rushes..." - The same guy.

When we were still just noooooooooooooooobs, we always lost to random rushes of course...
MuR)Ernu
Profile Joined September 2008
Finland768 Posts
May 31 2009 10:45 GMT
#33
I love the graphics too.

every game now is 3d (with the exception of some indie games and games for handheld consoles)...

with 2d you can get this more gritty, and cool look.

Latham
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
9593 Posts
May 31 2009 10:47 GMT
#34
On May 31 2009 19:39 Piste wrote:
"Are you still playing that same old game?"
"You never got bored?"


That +:
"You're crazy lol"
For the curse of life is the curse of want. PC = https://be.pcpartpicker.com/user/LathamTK/builds/#view=CrqmP6
wonkman
Profile Joined March 2008
United States520 Posts
May 31 2009 10:48 GMT
#35
"The graphics suck!" , "Console games are much better why even play that?" , "If it doesn't have good graphics it sucks"

Then if someone knows the game.. "Hey i got good record on the battle net servers like 163-23"
i play him..
"Omg your a nerd"
spkim1
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada286 Posts
May 31 2009 11:04 GMT
#36
Despite my being of Korean origins, my older brother constantly tries to convert me away from Starcraft. He just doesn't get that us Koreans play SC like a conventional board game like chess or go. Well, strictly speaking he's a quasi foreigner since he lived almost all his life in a foreign country. Same for me but I just love my home nation and its culture :D I just tell him that I play to get ready for SC2, to pacify him a lil bit, which is kind of true since I picked up the game again last year after watching the then-mind-blowing SC2 presentation. Despite my 2 year break, picking up the game again is pretty easy if u used to be good at it. It's a bit like riding a bicyle, the 1st few mins u r kind of rusty but then u remember the hot keys, mouse gets faster and more precise, micro gets better.
My bro once tried to find me a more up-to-date substitute and made me play Warhammer 40k Dawn of war II. Slowass movements, the entire game is decided by one or two huge units... I'm never gonna touch that thing again...yuk
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new" - Einstein, Albert
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
May 31 2009 11:10 GMT
#37
"Too much clicking!"
"Come play Dota with us. Less clicking, less thinking."
God Bless
PH
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6173 Posts
May 31 2009 11:15 GMT
#38
I don't have many nerd friends. The nerd friends I do have have all come to respect SC, but they got frustrated from trying to learn it so quit. Most play DotA or something.

My non-nerd friends all think I'm a complete fucking nerd for being so into a game...when I told them I was going to Korea, they were like, "I bet you're more excited about going to see live SC than you are for actually going to your motherland, huh?"

So true...lawl.
Hello
Nemesis
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada2568 Posts
May 31 2009 11:15 GMT
#39
I get
"ooh sc, that's just like wc3, go play dota sc graphics sucks"
or I get
"zerg 5 pool is imba, and protoss is the strongest race"-.-
Lee Young Ho fighting! KT P are just CHINTOSSTIC.
ghermination
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States2851 Posts
May 31 2009 11:32 GMT
#40
Generally i hear:
"Ahh, come play some Halo with us, this game looks so bad"

"You try so hard, its just a GAME"

"Oh wow those koreans are stupid"
U Gotta Skate.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs ShamelessLIVE!
herO vs TBD
CranKy Ducklings157
SHIN 75
CranKy Ducklings SOOP48
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 299
ByuN 274
OGKoka 270
SHIN 75
MindelVK 24
Railgan 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 68144
Calm 10591
Rain 2658
soO 981
Bisu 927
FanTaSy 878
Stork 406
Soulkey 396
Rush 290
Soma 211
[ Show more ]
firebathero 197
Shuttle 167
Last 148
Snow 133
Mind 109
Light 107
ToSsGirL 74
Pusan 72
hero 43
Shinee 42
Bale 37
Trap 37
Killer 36
Sea.KH 36
Free 32
Hm[arnc] 29
Mong 26
Sharp 26
Sexy 24
zelot 20
yabsab 18
sorry 17
Shine 16
HiyA 15
scan(afreeca) 12
Sacsri 11
IntoTheRainbow 10
Noble 10
Aegong 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7611
Dendi0
League of Legends
Reynor89
Counter-Strike
x6flipin316
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King72
Other Games
gofns32998
singsing2259
byalli613
Pyrionflax242
B2W.Neo226
Chillindude14
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV212
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 102
• Gemini_19 9
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV550
League of Legends
• Jankos3251
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h 25m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 25m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 25m
OSC
11h 25m
Replay Cast
11h 25m
OSC
1d
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.