• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:44
CEST 22:44
KST 05:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12154 users

Smartest thing you can say? - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Varn
Profile Joined December 2008
United States33 Posts
December 12 2008 21:15 GMT
#21
+ Show Spoiler +
On December 13 2008 05:57 Archaic wrote:
public class HelloWorld
{
pubic static void main(String[] args)
{
String[] statements = new String[7]
statements = {
"Romanticism is the discovery, then expanded intuitive understanding that the self and the other exist in a categorically interdependent imperative, that the nature of the real is non-systematic and transcendent, and that value is simultaneously coalescent with the absolute, yet experientially radically individuated.",
"It all comes from the heart and bubbles forth...",
"Sup guise lets have buttseks. ",
"Well I'm kind of on a budget, so I'm looking for cheap, but flavorful, penis",
"what does this have to do with falling in love with one's sister?",
"HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR",
"I found the way that a merine beat a lurker
I think it's no problem if the lurker isn't under land."}

System.out.println("Hello World!");
intelligence(statements);
}

public void intelligence(int go)
{
System.out.println(go[(int)(Math.random()*go.length())]);
}
}
EDIT
I'm not going to keep this up to date...

n*x&(n-1)?


That's not gonna compile man. You're referring to the non-static method intelligence from the static method main. Oh, that and your main method is pubic.
Once we did run. How we chased a million stars and touched as only one can.
Aurious
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Canada1772 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-12 21:24:29
December 12 2008 21:20 GMT
#22
This is not WC3 in Space... It is much more sophisticated
Racenilatr
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States2756 Posts
December 12 2008 21:22 GMT
#23
“There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.”
- Ali ibn Abi-Talib
“Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.”
“When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.”
- Dom Helder Camara

You learn alot from civilization 4
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-12 21:28:47
December 12 2008 21:27 GMT
#24
Style is comprised mainly of the manner in which you break the rules.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8180 Posts
December 12 2008 21:30 GMT
#25
On December 13 2008 06:20 Aurious wrote:
This is not WC3 in Space... It is much more sophisticated



I think it was just "This is not warcraft in space." War3 didnt come out until 4 years after SC
Free Palestine
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
December 12 2008 21:36 GMT
#26
On December 13 2008 06:30 Ideas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2008 06:20 Aurious wrote:
This is not WC3 in Space... It is much more sophisticated



I think it was just "This is not warcraft in space." War3 didnt come out until 4 years after SC

He's talking about SC2.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
December 12 2008 21:40 GMT
#27
I find bliss in ignorance
Less I hear the less you'll say
You'll find that out anyway
Moderator<:3-/-<
Purind
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Canada3562 Posts
December 12 2008 21:44 GMT
#28
When a shock wave hits something, stuff happens and you see waves n stuff bounce around

F = ma


Aaaaaaand I'm spent
Trucy Wright is hot
GrayArea
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States872 Posts
December 12 2008 21:53 GMT
#29
Isn't tl.net's IQ supposed to be like above average? I guess this thread proves that tl is not as smart as it thinks it is? =O
Kang Min Fighting!
Aerox
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Malaysia1213 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-12 21:56:33
December 12 2008 21:54 GMT
#30
I wouldn't say this is the smartest I've seen or known but it's the best that I have on hand right now:

The Sun sucks dark. In fact it sucks dark so hard that the friction of the dark moving to the Sun causes the Sun to be very hot. The flow of dark towards the Sun intercepted by the Earth causes the side of the Earth away from the Sun to accumulate dark, thus causing Night. As the Earth rotates the dark caught on the night side can then be pulled off, this causing the absence of dark known as Day.

What we call light bulbs are truly dark suckers as well. That is why light bulbs are hot, just like the Sun. When a light bulb is full of dark and won’t suck dark any more, it cools off. If you look in old light bulbs you can even see the accumulation of dark. Dark is also heavier than water. This can be seen in the oceans where the deeper you go the darker it gets.
"Eyes in the sky."
HnR)hT
Profile Joined October 2002
United States3468 Posts
December 12 2008 21:59 GMT
#31
To the leading order in perturbation theory in quantum electrodynamics, fermions and antifermions in eigenstates of four-momentum interact by exchanging a four-momentum conserving virtual photon.
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
December 12 2008 22:04 GMT
#32
On December 13 2008 06:15 Varn wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On December 13 2008 05:57 Archaic wrote:
public class HelloWorld
{
pubic static void main(String[] args)
{
String[] statements = new String[7]
statements = {
"Romanticism is the discovery, then expanded intuitive understanding that the self and the other exist in a categorically interdependent imperative, that the nature of the real is non-systematic and transcendent, and that value is simultaneously coalescent with the absolute, yet experientially radically individuated.",
"It all comes from the heart and bubbles forth...",
"Sup guise lets have buttseks. ",
"Well I'm kind of on a budget, so I'm looking for cheap, but flavorful, penis",
"what does this have to do with falling in love with one's sister?",
"HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR",
"I found the way that a merine beat a lurker
I think it's no problem if the lurker isn't under land."}

System.out.println("Hello World!");
intelligence(statements);
}

public void intelligence(int go)
{
System.out.println(go[(int)(Math.random()*go.length())]);
}
}
EDIT
I'm not going to keep this up to date...

n*x&(n-1)?


That's not gonna compile man. You're referring to the non-static method intelligence from the static method main. Oh, that and your main method is pubic.


lol nice
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24805 Posts
December 12 2008 22:07 GMT
#33
Pretty much anything I say to my students seems to fall in this category no matter how clear I make it.

On December 13 2008 06:59 HnR)hT wrote:
To the leading order in perturbation theory in quantum electrodynamics, fermions and antifermions in eigenstates of four-momentum interact by exchanging a four-momentum conserving virtual photon.

I think I know every word in there and yet that doesn't seem to make sense. I hope your goal was to slap together 10 impressive sounding physics terms rather than to transmit a coherent message.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
enthusiast
Profile Joined May 2008
United States90 Posts
December 12 2008 22:08 GMT
#34
I have picture of staff and warlock on my pillow in house. :<0 My face has moustache.
HnR)hT
Profile Joined October 2002
United States3468 Posts
December 12 2008 22:11 GMT
#35
On December 13 2008 07:07 micronesia wrote:
Pretty much anything I say to my students seems to fall in this category no matter how clear I make it.

Show nested quote +
On December 13 2008 06:59 HnR)hT wrote:
To the leading order in perturbation theory in quantum electrodynamics, fermions and antifermions in eigenstates of four-momentum interact by exchanging a four-momentum conserving virtual photon.

I think I know every word in there and yet that doesn't seem to make sense. I hope your goal was to slap together 10 impressive sounding physics terms rather than to transmit a coherent message.

No. It's 100% correct as it stands. Do you know quantum field theory? :O
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24805 Posts
December 12 2008 22:14 GMT
#36
On December 13 2008 07:11 HnR)hT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2008 07:07 micronesia wrote:
Pretty much anything I say to my students seems to fall in this category no matter how clear I make it.

On December 13 2008 06:59 HnR)hT wrote:
To the leading order in perturbation theory in quantum electrodynamics, fermions and antifermions in eigenstates of four-momentum interact by exchanging a four-momentum conserving virtual photon.

I think I know every word in there and yet that doesn't seem to make sense. I hope your goal was to slap together 10 impressive sounding physics terms rather than to transmit a coherent message.

No. It's 100% correct as it stands. Do you know quantum field theory? :O

No I only know basic quantum mechanics... as well as eigenstates, four-momentum, etc

Is your wording just a little atypical for english?
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-12 22:15:11
December 12 2008 22:15 GMT
#37
Coming is Like El Nino !

El Nino is spanish word for child. Like all things spanish, it is dangerous. It kills people and burn down trees. This child is more than a child. It really isn't child at all. It is a storm. A deadly storm that kills people and burns down trees.

Warm water usually builds up around Australia. But not any more with El Nino. El Nino moves the warm water from Australia to somewhere else, namely to other places. Where are these other places? These are places that also have water, but water that usually not as warm as the warm water El Nino moves to these said other places. These other places are to the east. Of the water.

In Peru, they have many names for many things, one of the things they have names for is for people who go fishing, go fishing to make a living. If we had a word for this kind of people that would be "fisherman". But we don't.

In Peru, they have different names for things that we do in America. They call that kind of people "pescadores". That's Spanish. That's what they speak in Peru. When El Nino comes, these "pescadores" can't catch any fish. El Nino is caused when the peruvian god get angry. They have been angry for millions of years and have made El Nino for millions of years. Many many moons ago, the Peruvians commited human sacrifices to satiate there gods and end the flood that was caused by El Nino. In todays modern dog-eat-dog work-a-day world of scientists, diplomats, McSalad Shakers and George Bush Jr., we no longer have access to such solutions. We are too proud. We will not commit human sacrifices. We refuse to satiate the Peruvian gods. Thus, they remain angry and keep killing us and burning our trees with El Nino.

Instead of satisfying the gods, many of "these" scientists have tried to control El Nino with "science". They put up expensive fish-attracting-buoys that run on flashlight batteries. Imagine, fighting the power of gods with flashlight batteries! Needless to say, they didn't work and everyone died.
--Jeremy Lavine
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
HnR)hT
Profile Joined October 2002
United States3468 Posts
December 12 2008 22:16 GMT
#38
On December 13 2008 07:14 micronesia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2008 07:11 HnR)hT wrote:
On December 13 2008 07:07 micronesia wrote:
Pretty much anything I say to my students seems to fall in this category no matter how clear I make it.

On December 13 2008 06:59 HnR)hT wrote:
To the leading order in perturbation theory in quantum electrodynamics, fermions and antifermions in eigenstates of four-momentum interact by exchanging a four-momentum conserving virtual photon.

I think I know every word in there and yet that doesn't seem to make sense. I hope your goal was to slap together 10 impressive sounding physics terms rather than to transmit a coherent message.

No. It's 100% correct as it stands. Do you know quantum field theory? :O

No I only know basic quantum mechanics... as well as eigenstates, four-momentum, etc

Is your wording just a little atypical for english?

No, but I can see how it might sound nonsensical to someone who is not familiar with the basics of QFT. It was the whole point of this thread I thought T.T
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-12 22:18:16
December 12 2008 22:18 GMT
#39
More from Jeremy Lavine:

+ Show Spoiler [Show Essay about Lightning] +
[image loading]

[image loading]
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24805 Posts
December 12 2008 22:19 GMT
#40
On December 13 2008 07:16 HnR)hT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2008 07:14 micronesia wrote:
On December 13 2008 07:11 HnR)hT wrote:
On December 13 2008 07:07 micronesia wrote:
Pretty much anything I say to my students seems to fall in this category no matter how clear I make it.

On December 13 2008 06:59 HnR)hT wrote:
To the leading order in perturbation theory in quantum electrodynamics, fermions and antifermions in eigenstates of four-momentum interact by exchanging a four-momentum conserving virtual photon.

I think I know every word in there and yet that doesn't seem to make sense. I hope your goal was to slap together 10 impressive sounding physics terms rather than to transmit a coherent message.

No. It's 100% correct as it stands. Do you know quantum field theory? :O

No I only know basic quantum mechanics... as well as eigenstates, four-momentum, etc

Is your wording just a little atypical for english?

No, but I can see how it might sound nonsensical to someone who is not familiar with the basics of QFT. It was the whole point of this thread I thought T.T

Yes it is. I realized it would be ironic if it turned out that the sentences was perfectly fine, but I wasn't convinced and asked away.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O123
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19484
Calm 2127
Shuttle 320
White-Ra 189
Mini 177
ZZZero.O 123
firebathero 71
soO 10
Sacsri 6
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1491
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4898
Liquid`Hasu646
Other Games
summit1g7869
Liquid`RaSZi2254
FrodaN2010
fl0m1322
crisheroes255
IndyStarCraft 237
Livibee184
Pyrionflax173
Mew2King53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick928
BasetradeTV179
StarCraft 2
angryscii 23
EmSc Tv 19
EmSc2Tv 19
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 31
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki43
• blackmanpl 31
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1398
• Shiphtur682
• WagamamaTV372
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 17m
Replay Cast
2h 17m
OSC
15h 17m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.