• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:16
CEST 07:16
KST 14:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7982 users

2008 US Presidential Election - Page 23

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 120 Next
AnWh
Profile Joined April 2004
Sweden220 Posts
October 18 2008 10:50 GMT
#441
On October 18 2008 18:40 Carnac wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2008 08:51 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
This bitch scares the shit out of me, basically GOP 2.0 which is mixed with McCarthyesque views.



What I would say is that the news media should do a penetrating expose and take a look. I wish they would. I wish the American media would take a great look at the views of the people in Congress and find out, are they pro-America or Anti-America? I think the American people would love to see an expose like that.

what the fuck
she might actually be more retarded than Palin. Well not more retarded, but more dangerous.
This is one of the most outrageous videos I have seen in the election threads so far.
And she calls those people "radical leftists"? She doesn't even understand what that means :<

'
jesus she had a really uncomfortable stare. "anti-american" lol rethorics
Locke.
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Israel562 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-10-18 12:14:58
October 18 2008 12:13 GMT
#442
On October 18 2008 17:12 Jibba wrote:
I've really got to give you a lot of credit for being so nice about all this. You've definitely got me beat on experience/knowledge, but I do try and keep up to date with the english sources available (Haaretz, JPost, Aljazeera.) Most of the Israelis I've met in the US and at temple are hardcore Zionist assholes who try and pick fights with everyone. D:


Thank you for the credit


About the US election I wanted to ask something.
When you have two major parties like the Democrats and Republicans it makes sense that in both parties you will find intelligent, able people that explain their Party's ideology.
Now, currently looking at Mccain and Palin that is obviously not the case for the Republican party.

Can anyone point me to the logical Republicans? Those that speak clearly and make sense. That actually explain their ideas in a good way without letting word selection and grammer become the most important thing?

This is not a rethoric question I just want to read or hear these people.
I honestly don't mean it as an attack on the Rep. party ideology.
oneofthem
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Cayman Islands24199 Posts
October 18 2008 12:25 GMT
#443
ooh a saul alinsky reference.
We have fed the heart on fantasies, the heart's grown brutal from the fare, more substance in our enmities than in our love
humblegar
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Norway883 Posts
October 18 2008 12:47 GMT
#444
On October 18 2008 18:40 Carnac wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2008 08:51 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
This bitch scares the shit out of me, basically GOP 2.0 which is mixed with McCarthyesque views.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESdA52S4Dbg

What I would say is that the news media should do a penetrating expose and take a look. I wish they would. I wish the American media would take a great look at the views of the people in Congress and find out, are they pro-America or Anti-America? I think the American people would love to see an expose like that.

what the fuck
she might actually be more retarded than Palin. Well not more retarded, but more dangerous.
This is one of the most outrageous videos I have seen in the election threads so far.
And she calls those people "radical leftists"? She doesn't even understand what that means :<


Well, just look at her wikipedia, ID ftw.
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
October 18 2008 17:05 GMT
#445
On October 18 2008 21:13 Locke. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2008 17:12 Jibba wrote:
I've really got to give you a lot of credit for being so nice about all this. You've definitely got me beat on experience/knowledge, but I do try and keep up to date with the english sources available (Haaretz, JPost, Aljazeera.) Most of the Israelis I've met in the US and at temple are hardcore Zionist assholes who try and pick fights with everyone. D:


Thank you for the credit


About the US election I wanted to ask something.
When you have two major parties like the Democrats and Republicans it makes sense that in both parties you will find intelligent, able people that explain their Party's ideology.
Now, currently looking at Mccain and Palin that is obviously not the case for the Republican party.

Can anyone point me to the logical Republicans? Those that speak clearly and make sense. That actually explain their ideas in a good way without letting word selection and grammer become the most important thing?

This is not a rethoric question I just want to read or hear these people.
I honestly don't mean it as an attack on the Rep. party ideology.

Both McCain and especially Palin (not that she's intelligent anyways) are being pushed around by the same neo-cons that helped win Bush the past two elections. McCain has never been a knight in shining armor, but he was a pretty good senator for at least a decade and in his 2000 he did run an ethical, fair campaign. From what I've read, Karl Rove is the person who convinced him to pick Palin (instead of Lieberman) and I'm sure McCain has been pushed around on a few more decisions.

There's no one who can speak like Biden or Obama, but there's some very strong republican senators especially on the foreign relations committee, financial services committee (yes, even Ron Paul) and the ethics boards.

ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
Savio
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1850 Posts
October 18 2008 17:12 GMT
#446
On October 18 2008 21:13 Locke. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2008 17:12 Jibba wrote:
I've really got to give you a lot of credit for being so nice about all this. You've definitely got me beat on experience/knowledge, but I do try and keep up to date with the english sources available (Haaretz, JPost, Aljazeera.) Most of the Israelis I've met in the US and at temple are hardcore Zionist assholes who try and pick fights with everyone. D:


Thank you for the credit


About the US election I wanted to ask something.
When you have two major parties like the Democrats and Republicans it makes sense that in both parties you will find intelligent, able people that explain their Party's ideology.
Now, currently looking at Mccain and Palin that is obviously not the case for the Republican party.

Can anyone point me to the logical Republicans? Those that speak clearly and make sense. That actually explain their ideas in a good way without letting word selection and grammer become the most important thing?

This is not a rethoric question I just want to read or hear these people.
I honestly don't mean it as an attack on the Rep. party ideology.


Newt Gingrich.

Even John Kerry praised him and said that if he and Newt could sit down and make policy, they could fix things in America.

He is also a fiscal conservative....rare to find in the era of Bush.
The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of the blessings. The inherent blessing of socialism is the equal sharing of misery. – Winston Churchill
D10
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Brazil3409 Posts
October 18 2008 17:42 GMT
#447
On October 19 2008 02:12 Savio wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2008 21:13 Locke. wrote:
On October 18 2008 17:12 Jibba wrote:
I've really got to give you a lot of credit for being so nice about all this. You've definitely got me beat on experience/knowledge, but I do try and keep up to date with the english sources available (Haaretz, JPost, Aljazeera.) Most of the Israelis I've met in the US and at temple are hardcore Zionist assholes who try and pick fights with everyone. D:


Thank you for the credit


About the US election I wanted to ask something.
When you have two major parties like the Democrats and Republicans it makes sense that in both parties you will find intelligent, able people that explain their Party's ideology.
Now, currently looking at Mccain and Palin that is obviously not the case for the Republican party.

Can anyone point me to the logical Republicans? Those that speak clearly and make sense. That actually explain their ideas in a good way without letting word selection and grammer become the most important thing?

This is not a rethoric question I just want to read or hear these people.
I honestly don't mean it as an attack on the Rep. party ideology.


Newt Gingrich.

Even John Kerry praised him and said that if he and Newt could sit down and make policy, they could fix things in America.

He is also a fiscal conservative....rare to find in the era of Bush.



[image loading]
" We are not humans having spiritual experiences. - We are spirits having human experiences." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-10-18 17:55:36
October 18 2008 17:55 GMT
#448
Gingrich is the reason Clinton's numbers look like that. He won't get it from the public, but Gingrich's congress deserves some credit for the way things went under Clinton. Clinton didn't balance the budget, they did.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
D10
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Brazil3409 Posts
October 18 2008 20:03 GMT
#449
Well, if Obama loses the election there, i would be really happy to have him as president of Brazil =p
" We are not humans having spiritual experiences. - We are spirits having human experiences." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
Fzero
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1503 Posts
October 18 2008 20:19 GMT
#450
That bitch Bachmann managed to raise 400k for the other guy in 24 hours.. amazing
Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.
mindspike
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
Canada1902 Posts
October 18 2008 20:22 GMT
#451
100,000 in St.Louis Obama rally...feel the power

[image loading]
zerg/human - vancouver, canada
Jayson X
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Switzerland2431 Posts
October 18 2008 20:44 GMT
#452
That's a great picture.
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
October 18 2008 20:45 GMT
#453
Obama ftw.
Peace~
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
October 18 2008 20:56 GMT
#454


McCain needs some advisers who aren't fucking idiots.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
SK.Testie
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada11084 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-10-18 21:00:14
October 18 2008 20:59 GMT
#455
Yeah I was like, "WTF real Virginia?", glad he caught that. lol
Social Justice is a fools errand. May all the adherents at its church be thwarted. Of all the religions I have come across, it is by far the most detestable.
Fzero
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1503 Posts
October 18 2008 21:19 GMT
#456
You guys seen this?
Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.
SK.Testie
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada11084 Posts
October 18 2008 21:24 GMT
#457
...
It's bar night in my home town!!!!
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+ Show Spoiler +
Social Justice is a fools errand. May all the adherents at its church be thwarted. Of all the religions I have come across, it is by far the most detestable.
oneofthem
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Cayman Islands24199 Posts
October 18 2008 22:16 GMT
#458
lol real virginia
We have fed the heart on fantasies, the heart's grown brutal from the fare, more substance in our enmities than in our love
Biff The Understudy
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France8195 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-10-18 23:08:38
October 18 2008 23:06 GMT
#459
On October 18 2008 21:13 Locke. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2008 17:12 Jibba wrote:
I've really got to give you a lot of credit for being so nice about all this. You've definitely got me beat on experience/knowledge, but I do try and keep up to date with the english sources available (Haaretz, JPost, Aljazeera.) Most of the Israelis I've met in the US and at temple are hardcore Zionist assholes who try and pick fights with everyone. D:


Thank you for the credit


About the US election I wanted to ask something.
When you have two major parties like the Democrats and Republicans it makes sense that in both parties you will find intelligent, able people that explain their Party's ideology.
Now, currently looking at Mccain and Palin that is obviously not the case for the Republican party.

Can anyone point me to the logical Republicans? Those that speak clearly and make sense. That actually explain their ideas in a good way without letting word selection and grammer become the most important thing?

This is not a rethoric question I just want to read or hear these people.
I honestly don't mean it as an attack on the Rep. party ideology.


Well, that's basically why the Republican party had anyway no chance to win theses elections: they don't come with something new. Obama had really an easy task during his three debate with McFail, which was to point out that the policy his opponent advertise is just plainly the same than the one which has driven this country to the catastrophic state in which it is now. So well, McCain seems stupid because his program is obsolete and his discourse is a vacuum. Just bad luck for him that everything collapse before the Republican Party can operate its mutation into a more adapted ideology.

So well, to be quick: less taxes for companies and richest americans "in order to favour buisness", agressive international policy, ultra-conservative interior policy etc... etc...

I think McCain is the last american leader of the Reagan-Tatcher era, which, imo, is over.

Now I guess it's just time to get rid of Berlusconi, Sarkozy, Cameron (which is not elected yet) etc... etc...
The fellow who is out to burn things up is the counterpart of the fool who thinks he can save the world. The world needs neither to be burned up nor to be saved. The world is, we are. Transients, if we buck it; here to stay if we accept it. ~H.Miller
Murk
Profile Joined July 2008
Canada304 Posts
October 18 2008 23:42 GMT
#460
Mcain is george bush remix... cant you see that? and hes to old.... non of the younger generation is gonna vote for mcain... lets be serious, maybe ppl in their 60's and up will for for mcain, but thats about it lol
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 120 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 580
Hyuk 467
Leta 86
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm221
League of Legends
JimRising 850
Other Games
summit1g9526
WinterStarcraft443
Mew2King64
ArmadaUGS48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1005
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream154
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2250
League of Legends
• Rush1359
• Lourlo1004
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 44m
INu's Battles
6h 44m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
9h 44m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 44m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 44m
Replay Cast
17h 44m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 5h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.