• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:13
CEST 23:13
KST 06:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War335.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8009 users

To any TL admin - Vote on Page 2 - Page 6

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
EGMachine
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
United States1643 Posts
September 16 2008 07:03 GMT
#101
[image loading]
I'm like, the coolest
G5
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States2921 Posts
September 16 2008 07:04 GMT
#102
iNcontroL is a gr8 guy. Amazingly fun to be around and it would be great to see him go.
EGMachine
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
United States1643 Posts
September 16 2008 07:15 GMT
#103
yes inc ahead!
I'm like, the coolest
mahnini
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
United States6862 Posts
September 16 2008 07:16 GMT
#104
haha oh wow
the world's a playground. you know that when you're a kid, but somewhere along the way everyone forgets it.
lilsusie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
3861 Posts
September 16 2008 07:16 GMT
#105
you've got my vote, geoff. please, no more breaking bottles with bare hands or ultralisk rushing though. ^^
Follow me on Twitter for pictures of cute gamers and food! https://twitter.com/lilsusie
EGMachine
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
United States1643 Posts
September 16 2008 07:17 GMT
#106
just imagine geoff showing up to blizzcon in a wifebeater telling everyone he plays bw, kids would shit their pants
I'm like, the coolest
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
September 16 2008 07:18 GMT
#107
On September 16 2008 16:16 lilsusie wrote:
you've got my vote, geoff. please, no more breaking bottles with bare hands or ultralisk rushing though. ^^


I cannot make any promises but I will try!
Last Romantic
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States20667 Posts
September 16 2008 07:29 GMT
#108
EPIC campaign skills, mahnini!
ㅋㄲㅈㅁ
EGMachine
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
United States1643 Posts
September 16 2008 07:31 GMT
#109
[image loading]



CLOSE POLL!!
I'm like, the coolest
economist_
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Vietnam719 Posts
September 16 2008 07:35 GMT
#110
Lol, machine, you created separate thread on inc which may bias the results and now you call for closing poll. GJ
Economics forecast assumes everything, except responsibilities
EGMachine
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
United States1643 Posts
September 16 2008 07:36 GMT
#111
O_O well they said they were going to close it in an hour, inc was ahead, they dident. So whats really fair?
I'm like, the coolest
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
September 16 2008 07:46 GMT
#112
I WIN!

WOOT! TY GUYS

TY EVERYONE WHO KNEW THE RIGHT CHOICE! (me)
MeriaDoKk
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Chile1726 Posts
September 16 2008 07:53 GMT
#113
I wanna se Ultralisk rush again.
Scorch
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Austria3371 Posts
September 16 2008 07:55 GMT
#114
On September 16 2008 13:51 {88}iNcontroL wrote:
If you guys vote me in I swear to get the TL.net staff good and drunk which is good for you all cause that means good videos / commentary / stories etc

On September 16 2008 15:22 {88}iNcontroL wrote:
btw if i get to go I will be able to stay at machine's house with artosis/idra/machine and MACHINE'S SISTER. This offers an incredible potential on so many levels!

PLEASE DO NOT DENY ME THIS FUN!

On September 16 2008 14:59 {88}iNcontroL wrote:
I will take my shirt off at blizzcon if I go.

^_^

The combination of the three wins my vote.
G5
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States2921 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-09-16 08:01:36
September 16 2008 07:55 GMT
#115
WOOT

GEOFF TO BLIZZCON!

THANK YOU VOTERS!

YOU AMAZAZAZING!

Sorry mahnini TT

But Congrats Geoff <3 Have a Gr8 time with dem pros and Greg, Artosis, Machine. Will be Gr8.

+ Show Spoiler +
P.S. Briar loves to be spanked on da ass. Just a tip from good ol G5. GL MY MAN!


+ Show Spoiler +
<3 Bryce. Just kidding. hehe... PLEASE don't kill me. <3 <3
SK.Testie
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada11084 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-09-16 08:00:45
September 16 2008 07:55 GMT
#116
After reluctantly voting Incontrol after Machine's terribly run circus, a swarm of emotions and thoughts hit me.

I sympathized with the opponent and thought, "Mahnini seems like a pretty cool guy, and he's never been to an event to my knowledge. I like him and the way he posts, he's friendly and kind."

I then grew worried and thought, "Incontrol may damage something or someone with an _____ rush. Will I be responsible if someone gets hurt or property is damaged? Can I live with this on my conscience?"

That worry turned to concern and I thought, "When a popularity contest happens, emotions may be put on the line and someone may get hurt. I wish we could just rip the ticket and half, give it to both and they could both go!"

The concern passed as there was nothing I could do about it and it is pointless to worry over that which is already done. But then, despite the timeline of previous posts, I came upon this.

On September 16 2008 16:04 paper wrote:
inc was winning at the end of the hour, but after that ... haxing of polls imo

On September 16 2008 16:06 Machine[USA] wrote:
yea i agree, he was like 10 votes ahead then all of the sudden after an hour mahini got like 20 vote lead in 1 minute, makes no sence ><


And then the conspiracy theories happened. Were they more than just theories? Were they honest observations? Or was it slander? Let's look deeper. We know these facts. All of these users have been banned at one point, (or should have been). Atleast 1/3rd of these people is a Republican, the third being Incontrol who is possibly aware of it all. Republicans in turn have little - if any - integrity and are known for spreading propaganda and smear ads with absolutely no basis.

Where was the person coming from and who said it? As we can clearly see, Machine, the very thread maker attempting to put this up was the second voice on the issue with an immediate response following the first accusation. The first post, Paper's, was likely created after being bribed / persuaded / intimidated by the thread creator Machine.

If it is true that dirty politics was put into play and these are unfounded claims I would like if my vote were reversed.

In conclusion, while I do not have proof I feel this election could have been pure and honest but it comes off as anything but. Instead it is full of unproven claims, accusations, and shady characters who I wouldn't trust to babysit my children for five minutes in a room filled with cameras. It has been a bitter experience wrought with hard emotions making me question myself, my values, those around me, and those in power. This taste of democracy has left me cynical and jaded leading me to wish to never be a part of an election process again.

Signed
Future non-voter Testie.

But perhaps, perhaps there is hope.
Social Justice is a fools errand. May all the adherents at its church be thwarted. Of all the religions I have come across, it is by far the most detestable.
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
September 16 2008 07:58 GMT
#117
hahahahahah
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
G5
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States2921 Posts
September 16 2008 08:00 GMT
#118
On September 16 2008 16:55 MYM.Testie wrote:
After reluctantly voting Incontrol after Machine's terribly run circus, a swarm of emotions and thoughts hit me.

I sympathized with the opponent and thought, "Mahnini seems like a pretty cool guy, and he's never been to an event to my knowledge. I like him and the way he posts, he's friendly and kind."

I then grew worried and thought, "Incontrol may damage something or someone with an _____ rush. Will I be responsible if someone gets hurt or property is damaged? Can I live with this on my conscience?"

That worry turned to concern and I thought, "When a popularity contest happens, emotions may be put on the line and someone may get hurt. I wish we could just rip the ticket and half, give it to both and they could both go!"

The concern passed as there was nothing I could do about it and it is pointless to worry over that which is already done. But then, despite the timeline of previous posts, I came upon this.

Show nested quote +
On September 16 2008 16:04 paper wrote:
inc was winning at the end of the hour, but after that ... haxing of polls imo

Show nested quote +
On September 16 2008 16:06 Machine[USA] wrote:
yea i agree, he was like 10 votes ahead then all of the sudden after an hour mahini got like 20 vote lead in 1 minute, makes no sence ><


And then the conspiracy theories happened. Were they more than just theories? Were they honest observations? Or was it slander? Let's look deeper. We know these facts. All of these users have been banned at one point, (or should have been). Atleast 1/3rd of these people is a Republican, the third being Incontrol who is possibly aware of it all. Republicans in turn have little - if any - integrity and are known for spreading propaganda and smear ads with absolutely no basis.

Where was the person coming from and who said it? As we can clearly see, Machine, the very thread maker attempting to put this up was the second voice on the issue with an immediate response following the first accusation. The first post, Paper's was likely created after being bribed / persuaded / intimidated by the thread creator Machine.

If it is true that dirty politics was put into play and these are unfounded claims I would like if my vote were reversed.

In conclusion, while I do not have proof I feel this election could have been pure and honest but it comes off as anything but. Instead it is full of unproven claims, accusations, and shady characters who I wouldn't trust to babysit my children for five minutes in a room filled with cameras. It has been a bitter experience wrought with hard emotions making me question myself, my values, those around me, and those in power. This taste of democracy has left me cynical and jaded leading me to wish to never be a part of an election process again.

Signed
Future non-voter Testie.

But perhaps, perhaps there is hope.


1/5

GO INC! GO MACHINE! WOOOHOOO!
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
September 16 2008 08:02 GMT
#119
btw this thread got derailed...in part by kennigit <3

My padawan has learned well! hahahah
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
September 16 2008 08:06 GMT
#120
I CANT WAIT TO MEET THE TL.NET STAFF <3
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 553
ProTech135
UpATreeSC 102
Nina 60
NeuroSwarm 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14698
910 73
soO 45
NaDa 12
Dota 2
monkeys_forever210
canceldota96
League of Legends
Doublelift2436
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4251
Other Games
summit1g2685
fl0m1366
olofmeister879
FrodaN851
Liquid`Hasu330
C9.Mang0214
Livibee186
ToD89
PPMD21
Organizations
StarCraft 2
angryscii 22
[ Show 22 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 50
• poizon28 21
• Adnapsc2 12
• musti20045 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 58
• FirePhoenix9
• Michael_bg 4
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21291
• WagamamaTV523
League of Legends
• Scarra686
Other Games
• imaqtpie1012
• Shiphtur659
• tFFMrPink 14
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 48m
Big Brain Bouts
12h 48m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
19h 48m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
21h 48m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 12h
Patches Events
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.