• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:17
CEST 08:17
KST 15:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6730 users

[P]Mouse Acceleration

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-09-14 04:36:13
September 14 2007 04:34 GMT
#1
[image loading]


On my old computer I had the same mouse with the same drivers but I remember it being faster. So I recently downloaded the latest Logitech drivers and it seems a bit smoother but not faster.

I could have sworn I have always had mouse accel off on everything yet when I turn it on it seems more like I used to have it.

Is accel bad for games? Is it just a preference thing? Do you guys use it?
[image loading]

Poll: Mouse Acceleration
(Vote): On, Games & Windows
(Vote): On, Games Only
(Vote): On, Windows Only
(Vote): Off
(Vote): I don't know wtf you talking bout


PS-
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/support_downloads/downloads/


..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Pressure
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
7326 Posts
September 14 2007 04:34 GMT
#2
I GOT U MURPHY
Pressure
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
7326 Posts
September 14 2007 04:35 GMT
#3
just leave it off, who nkows whatll happen in micro and your mouse just speeds all fast
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-09-14 04:38:20
September 14 2007 04:37 GMT
#4
Well that SS is how I have it now. I'm gonna uncheck the games box and try it out for a while.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
mahnini
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
United States6862 Posts
September 14 2007 04:39 GMT
#5
I have it on low and keep the same mouse settings always or else it feels weird if I don't play for a while.

I use accel because I'm lazy and feel that I should have to move my mouse as little as possible.
the world's a playground. you know that when you're a kid, but somewhere along the way everyone forgets it.
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-09-14 04:48:18
September 14 2007 04:39 GMT
#6
On September 14 2007 13:39 mahnini wrote:
I have it on low and keep the same mouse settings always or else it feels weird if I don't play for a while.

I use accel because I'm lazy and feel that I should have to move my mouse as little as possible.


yea, its like a flick of the wrist and click. I think that honestly takes more skill anyways!

edit- Actually I'm doing this now, it feels pretty good like this :

[image loading]
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
September 14 2007 04:50 GMT
#7
I think Mouse accel is good protection from stupid family/roommates too. They will not be able to control your mouse and be less tempted to fuck with shit if even use the computer at all.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
IzzyCraft
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4487 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-09-14 04:55:14
September 14 2007 04:54 GMT
#8
On September 14 2007 13:50 CharlieMurphy wrote:
I think Mouse accel is good protection from stupid family/roommates too. They will not be able to control your mouse and be less tempted to fuck with shit if even use the computer at all.


lol why not jsut put a bois password or a windows password

eh I don't liek acceleration I say faster speed but accel is just annoying to contorl
I have ass for brains so,
even when I shit I'm droping knowledge.
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-09-14 04:58:51
September 14 2007 04:57 GMT
#9
On September 14 2007 13:54 IzzyCraft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2007 13:50 CharlieMurphy wrote:
I think Mouse accel is good protection from stupid family/roommates too. They will not be able to control your mouse and be less tempted to fuck with shit if even use the computer at all.


lol why not jsut put a bois password or a windows password

eh I don't liek acceleration I say faster speed but accel is just annoying to contorl


see thats my point, people will be annoyed to use your comp but they can't complain or bug you to unlock your comp or give passwords (or even question why its locked in the first place).
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Locked
Profile Joined September 2004
United States4182 Posts
September 14 2007 05:08 GMT
#10
i hate mouse accel

and my mouse being on max speed is usually annoying enough to most people who use it, why would i want to make it annoying for myself -_-
UMS map pack http://teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=50442
rpf
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2705 Posts
September 14 2007 05:51 GMT
#11
Windows mouse precision off
6/11 Windows mouse sensitivity
6/11 Logitech mouse sensitivity
2000 DPI

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
MasterOfChaos
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Germany2896 Posts
September 14 2007 07:57 GMT
#12
Perhaps the windows controlpanel mousespeed (if it is not automatically the same as in your drivers dialog) is responsable for your slower mousespeed.
LiquipediaOne eye to kill. Two eyes to live.
CustomXSpunjah
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1093 Posts
September 14 2007 08:01 GMT
#13
acceleration = lazy + bad precision
beware, the rise of the Protoss is upon us!
Fen
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Australia1848 Posts
September 14 2007 09:26 GMT
#14
Actually, in Fps games, if you get used to accerleration it can be used really effectively with a low mouse sensitivity. However it takes a long time to get used to it.
red.venom
Profile Joined October 2002
United States4651 Posts
September 14 2007 10:18 GMT
#15
On September 14 2007 17:01 CustomXSpunjah wrote:
acceleration = lazy + bad precision


And also avoiding rsi related shit!!

I use accel. Bout on medium if its an option with pretty low mouse speed, makes it so small movements are pixel accurate and flicks travel the whole screen. The only annoying thing is MS mice have accel different depending on the mouse and driver package.. makes it really annoying if you arent using your own computer to play and cant get the settings back. you will spend tons of time and nothing will feel right.
Broom
Cheerio
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Ukraine3178 Posts
September 14 2007 11:01 GMT
#16
I have it off... but have always thought that competitive gaming kind of requires it...
Tadzio
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
3340 Posts
September 14 2007 11:12 GMT
#17
I used to have acceleration on because I thought it made me more accurate when I needed the accuracy and faster when I needed speed. But I finally admitted to myself that anytime I got surprised, like when dealing with harrass, a flick of the wrist would send accuracy down the tubes-- too often with me hitting the borders of the screen with the mouse pointer and scrolling halfway across the map. I don't use it during games anymore. I turn it on when I use drawing programs, though.
xM(Z
Profile Joined November 2006
Romania5299 Posts
September 14 2007 11:31 GMT
#18
[image loading]

the in game mouse scroll is in the middle
And my fury stands ready. I bring all your plans to nought. My bleak heart beats steady. 'Tis you whom I have sought.
Famehunter
Profile Joined August 2007
Canada586 Posts
September 14 2007 12:23 GMT
#19
Sometimes , the mouse seem to move faster when you use a lower resolution on your desktop.
Perhaps thats what you were perceiving on your old computer.
Velox Versutus vigilans
Cheerio
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Ukraine3178 Posts
September 14 2007 12:42 GMT
#20
On September 14 2007 13:34 CharlieMurphy wrote:
On my old computer I had the same mouse with the same drivers but I remember it being faster. So I recently downloaded the latest Logitech drivers and it seems a bit smoother but not faster.

I could have sworn I have always had mouse accel off on everything yet when I turn it on it seems more like I used to have it.


BTW. Win XP had an acceleration bug in it's early versions (not sure if it was fixed in service packs). It was like u'll have a small accel despite turning it off everywhere. To complitely get rid of it one had to instal a small fix or correct some files or registeries manually.

http://gameinside.ua/getfile.php?area=files&id=59
WARNING. If you install the fix u may expirience troubles brining it back if you dont like the new noaccel mode.

Hope it helps to clear things out
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech137
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 3402
Rain 1747
GuemChi 525
FanTaSy 442
sSak 49
Bale 35
Hm[arnc] 24
ajuk12(nOOB) 18
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm147
Fuzer 79
League of Legends
JimRising 603
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1184
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King224
Other Games
summit1g7907
WinterStarcraft690
C9.Mang0165
KnowMe62
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick674
BasetradeTV173
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream43
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki22
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2179
League of Legends
• Lourlo1280
• Rush1046
• Stunt472
Other Games
• Shiphtur759
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
3h 43m
INu's Battles
4h 43m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
6h 43m
OSC
15h 58m
Replay Cast
16h 43m
OSC
1d 16h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.