|
NOTE: When providing a source, please provide a very brief summary on what it's about and what purpose it adds to the discussion. The supporting statement should clearly explain why the subject is relevant and needs to be discussed. Please follow this rule especially for tweets.
Your supporting statement should always come BEFORE you provide the source. |
United Kingdom10004 Posts
On October 03 2026 06:38 Billyboy wrote: I mean Neb you have a very simplistic view as well, Israel bad. You even recently brought up ethnic cleansing which makes no sense. All you do in this thread is attack personally people who disagree with you and chase people who want to discuss the conflict in any way other than, Israel bad.
He's right! Israel bad. I think when they stop doing all the bad things maybe that will change. No sign of that though, so in the meantime, Israel bad.
|
On October 03 2026 06:01 Nebuchad wrote:Show nested quote +On October 03 2026 05:54 RJGooner wrote:On October 03 2026 05:17 Nebuchad wrote:On October 03 2026 05:13 RJGooner wrote:On October 03 2026 04:43 Nebuchad wrote:On October 03 2026 04:28 RJGooner wrote:On October 03 2026 04:18 Nebuchad wrote:On October 03 2026 04:17 RJGooner wrote:On October 03 2026 03:44 Nebuchad wrote:On October 03 2026 03:25 dyhb wrote: [quote]I don't care about your MAGAt relatives, I'm asking about evangelicals. And yes, I know how our relatives affect our understanding of broader groups beyond our relatives. Speak to people not like you outside of your family, and blow a Sunday at the church across town. Or maybe the next town over if you're in a particularly insular area. They're big and easy to find. It takes 2-3 hours and you might get hugged. I find that End Times matter zilch to their perspective (if they can agree at all on the End Times), and it's literally just the shared holy books and a political perspective of shared democracy, reciprocal allies, and something religious like "God's people" or whatever you want to call it.
Also are you confusing holy war with millenarianism? Religious roots to the war is much different than the far left's masturbatory fixation on end times fantasies. You grew up in a city didn't you. What you describe is like the least unknown phenomenon ever. Conservatives are nice to you in person but mean to groups, because when they get to know you you're no longer part of that abstract group that they hate, you're an individual who they have a connexion with, one of the good ones. They famously do not think that the leopard is also going to eat your face. This is a funny statement given the topic we're discussing in this thread. It's been almost exclusively people on the left who are quick to tar Israelis as white colonizers, genocidal baby-killers, apartheid supporters etc. It's the left who are pushing people out of community spaces because they are "Zionists". Of course, these same people are quick to embrace and elevate antizionist Jewish voices despite the fact that they are a clear minority on this topic. Hate goes both ways. The difference is that you hate people because of their bad identity and we hate people because of their bad actions. That is the story you all tell yourselves, yes. I suppose I'm not sure what, for example, American or French "zionists" (code for Jews, effectively) did to deserve such hateful rhetoric, discrimination, and in some cases violence (with a spike in all three over the last few years), but maybe you can tell me. Well for example you're on a forum defending genocide and racism, so that's why I'm not a big fan of you. Thank you for demonstrating how bigotry and discrimination based on ignorance and false information can be normalized. How have I discriminated against you? Because you think it's ok to label someone as "genocide and racism" supporter based on the fact that they have a different view from you on a conflict in the Middle East. A view you can't seem to understand at all because you don't want to understand it. That's not what discrimination means. If I treat everyone who acts like you in the same way, then I am being consistent, and I am not discriminating against anyone. Also please you have one of the simplest views of the conflict I've ever seen, everyone understands it easily, you just think that adding words like "complex" and "nuance" in your arguments makes them look more intellectual.
Discrimination has multiple meanings. It can mean treating people differently or it can mean being prejudiced towards a group. For you, it's the latter definition.
The irony of you claiming that my views are simple when you're the one claiming the conflict is so easy to understand.
|
On October 03 2026 06:43 Jockmcplop wrote:Show nested quote +On October 03 2026 06:38 Billyboy wrote: I mean Neb you have a very simplistic view as well, Israel bad. You even recently brought up ethnic cleansing which makes no sense. All you do in this thread is attack personally people who disagree with you and chase people who want to discuss the conflict in any way other than, Israel bad.
He's right! Israel bad. I think when they stop doing all the bad things maybe that will change. No sign of that though, so in the meantime, Israel bad. Sure, and Hamas is bad, so let them kill each other? Or maybe no?
And why attack people personally, it’s not like gooner is being an asshole.
|
On October 03 2026 06:38 Billyboy wrote: I mean Neb you have a very simplistic view as well, Israel bad. You even recently brought up ethnic cleansing which makes no sense. All you do in this thread is attack personally people who disagree with you and chase people who want to discuss the conflict in any way other than, Israel bad.
You're right, my view of the conflict is that it's very simple. You may remember that it's an argument that I make quite a lot on this forum: most of the political questions that we deal with in modern times deal with the far right, and the far right are a bunch of mediocre morons who do not care about rationality, logic, facts or reality, and only want to create and/or maintain a hierarchy in which they're on top and others who are not like them are on an inferior level. As a result of this irrationality, the questions that we deal with always have a very simple answer that is observable in reality. Do LGBT people deserve human rights? Well, they're human, so yeah, they do. Do trans people exist? Yes, they do. Should humans be classified by which side of a border they're born on? No, they shouldn't, that's stupid. Should they be classified by which race they are? No, they shouldn't, that's stupid.
Do I have a complex and nuanced view of Trump where I see all of his advantages and how much he benefits humanity? No, I don't, because that's absolutely obviously bullshit. Netanyahu is to the right of Trump, so it's even worse. If you remember we tried that with our resident intelligent far right guy a while ago, BJ, and all he could muster was the nonsense about trans women and prison rape... There is nothing there, at all. Extremely simple stuff.
The problem with the "complex" and "nuanced" views on Israel vs Palestine is that they're never complex or nuanced. "Did you know that Hamas is also bad" is not a complex point. They're also far right, so yes, they're also bad. We understand that. This is simple. I have never seen a post that involves the complexity of Israel vs Palestine that then followed it with a complex point, it's always stuff that a child could understand.
(Edit: you might think that it's funny that Jimmi wrote "Hamas is also bad" while I was writing this post, but I must insist that this is ALWAYS how it goes.)
On October 03 2026 06:50 RJGooner wrote: It can mean treating people differently or it can mean being prejudiced towards a group. For you, it's the latter definition.
That wasn't prejudice either, I waited until you said the things, and then I formed my opinion on you. It's postjudice.
|
"Let them kill each other" would be an improvement to the current status quo of giving a far-right Israel all the bombs and money they need to perpetually farm Palestinians for political gain.
|
But that’s not what’s actually happening. Which is why discussions here are pointless. It would be great if there was a place where they could happen, but it’s not here.
|
Northern Ireland27448 Posts
On October 03 2026 07:03 Nebuchad wrote:Show nested quote +On October 03 2026 06:38 Billyboy wrote: I mean Neb you have a very simplistic view as well, Israel bad. You even recently brought up ethnic cleansing which makes no sense. All you do in this thread is attack personally people who disagree with you and chase people who want to discuss the conflict in any way other than, Israel bad.
You're right, my view of the conflict is that it's very simple. You may remember that it's an argument that I make quite a lot on this forum: most of the political questions that we deal with in modern times deal with the far right, and the far right are a bunch of mediocre morons who do not care about rationality, logic, facts or reality, and only want to create and/or maintain a hierarchy in which they're on top and others who are not like them are on an inferior level. As a result of this irrationality, the questions that we deal with always have a very simple answer that is observable in reality. Do LGBT people deserve human rights? Well, they're human, so yeah, they do. Do trans people exist? Yes, they do. Should humans be classified by which side of a border they're born on? No, they shouldn't, that's stupid. Should they be classified by which race they are? No, they shouldn't, that's stupid. Do I have a complex and nuanced view of Trump where I see all of his advantages and how much he benefits humanity? No, I don't, because that's absolutely obviously bullshit. Netanyahu is to the right of Trump, so it's even worse. If you remember we tried that with our resident intelligent far right guy a while ago, BJ, and all he could muster was the nonsense about trans women and prison rape... There is nothing there, at all. Extremely simple stuff. The problem with the "complex" and "nuanced" views on Israel vs Palestine is that they're never complex or nuanced. "Did you know that Hamas is also bad" is not a complex point. They're also far right, so yes, they're also bad. We understand that. This is simple. I have never seen a post that involves the complexity of Israel vs Palestine that then followed it with a complex point, it's always stuff that a child could understand. (Edit: you might think that it's funny that Jimmi wrote "Hamas is also bad" while I was writing this post, but I must insist that this is ALWAYS how it goes.) Show nested quote +On October 03 2026 06:50 RJGooner wrote: It can mean treating people differently or it can mean being prejudiced towards a group. For you, it's the latter definition.
That wasn't prejudice either, I waited until you said the things, and then I formed my opinion on you. It's postjudice. If I wasn’t massively broke I’d give you some TL+ for that
|
|
|
|
|
|