• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:30
CEST 09:30
KST 16:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8668 users

Power Napping - Page 3

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20169 Posts
April 23 2007 12:16 GMT
#41
School is ridiculously convenient for said power napping.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
April 23 2007 12:17 GMT
#42
Actually, I think I do this in my night school class all the time. I sleep for around 15 mins and I'm feeling fresh for the next 4-5 hours.
Official Entusman #21
LuMiX
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
China5758 Posts
April 23 2007 12:19 GMT
#43
After waking up from a nap, whenever im walking to my next class I cant seem to keep my eyes open so I blink a lot...I assume I look retarded when I do this -_-;; haha
comabreaded
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
United States2166 Posts
April 23 2007 12:49 GMT
#44
At my old job I would power nap a lot. I would eat my lunch in the break room then just fall asleep for 15-20 minutes. I did it so often that people stopped thinking it was weird. It made a huge difference for me. I would feel WAY more refreshed afterwards. I only took a power nap when I had less than 5 hours of sleep, sometimes 6.
I put the fu in fun
rpf
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2705 Posts
April 23 2007 13:02 GMT
#45
On April 23 2007 20:56 fusionsdf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2007 20:38 ManaBlue wrote:
I find it pretty cool that you can get "better at it" by "practicing". o_0 It's sleep for goodness sake!

I always feel like shit if I take a little nap, so I guess that's due to my lack of practice?


I can generally fall to a rest state within 30seconds to a minute and full sleep within a couple minutes.
That's defined as a sleep disorder. It should take roughly 15 minutes for a healthy person to fall asleep.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
mel_ee
Profile Blog Joined August 2003
2450 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-04-23 16:03:08
April 23 2007 16:02 GMT
#46
DAMNIT. i just tried taking a 15 min power nap and now its 3 hours later. GG WOW

do not try the thread topic!
Behold the bold soldier, control the globe slowly proceeds to blow swingin swords like Shinobi
omgbnetsux
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
United States3749 Posts
April 23 2007 16:05 GMT
#47
I would die without naps.
ZaplinG
Profile Blog Joined February 2005
United States3818 Posts
April 23 2007 16:13 GMT
#48
I napped twice earlier today to offset the 5 hours of sleep i got the night before (i normally get 10-12h a day)

Works like a charm - learned it in highschool, of course
Don't believe the florist when he tells you that the roses are free
yaoherm50
Profile Joined June 2006
United States109 Posts
April 23 2007 16:36 GMT
#49
I pull off like 1 hour naps every few days and when I wake up, it feels like I just slept all night
LastWish
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
2015 Posts
April 23 2007 16:49 GMT
#50
Usually in bus when I travel short distances(~20-30 minutes).
I sit, and I feel tired then my eyes get more and more tired...
I try not to fall asleep but eventually take a power nap for 2-5 minutes.

The feeling is like reboot yourself, your muscles and nerves get a fresh start you feel very relaxed and confortable (though the effect slowly runs out and eventally you will have to take a normal sleep).
- It's all just treason - They bring me down with their lies - Don't know the reason - My life is fire and ice -
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
April 23 2007 16:52 GMT
#51
On April 24 2007 01:49 LastWish wrote:
Usually in bus when I travel short distances(~20-30 minutes).
I sit, and I feel tired then my eyes get more and more tired...
I try not to fall asleep but eventually take a power nap for 2-5 minutes.

The feeling is like reboot yourself, your muscles and nerves get a fresh start you feel very relaxed and confortable (though the effect slowly runs out and eventally you will have to take a normal sleep).


I usually get that a lot. I'm in University, my dad takes me there everyday at 6:30am or so, every time we go there's high traffic and I sleep for a bit. By the time we get to the University, I feel like I have rested more in those 20-30mins of sleep than in the whole night. ;o.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
niteReloaded
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Croatia5282 Posts
April 23 2007 19:15 GMT
#52
i practice this like 10 hours a day, each day and i suck. ^_^
FirstBorn
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Romania3955 Posts
April 23 2007 19:37 GMT
#53
On April 23 2007 21:16 decafchicken wrote:
School is ridiculously convenient for said power napping.


SonuvBob: Yes, the majority of TL is college-aged, and thus clearly stupid.
uvaer
Profile Joined April 2007
Norway157 Posts
April 23 2007 19:52 GMT
#54
even when I went to high school, I would fall asleep in class for 30 minutes, wake up, feel groggy, walk to my next class and just fall asleep again, I would never feel refreshed..just more tired
gameguard
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Korea (South)2132 Posts
April 23 2007 19:59 GMT
#55
i try to power nap to get some rest during all nighters.... but then i end up sleeping for like 6 hours and wake up 30 min before the exam. Happens every fukin time =/
Nyovne
Profile Joined March 2006
Netherlands19141 Posts
April 23 2007 20:19 GMT
#56
Eco challenge races, where you have to walk for 300 km, bike for 200, cano/raft for 400 etc always have their participant teams live off powernaps for the duration of the race. All they do is sleep for 25 min / 60 min a day and continue. A well trained and conditioned body that has experience with this kind of depravation can restore itself in 30/45 min give or take. The part of you that needs major rebooting each day is your mental state/psyche.

Needless to say you will be physically exhausted after a week of that but mentally you'll be at less then 10% brain capacity and living/racing purely on training and instinct. Was really interesting to watch some info on that on the Discovery Channel.
ModeratorFor remember, that in the end, some are born to live, others born to die. I belong to those last, born to burn, born to cry. For I shall remain alone... forsaken.
born-to-porn
Profile Joined January 2004
Denmark400 Posts
April 23 2007 22:51 GMT
#57
I nap all the time, but whenever I wake up again the only thing I feel like doing is to go back to sleep again.
Nobody beats the Beater
Enki
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2548 Posts
April 23 2007 22:56 GMT
#58
I don 't even see how people can power nap, whenever I take a nap no matter when im out for like 2 hours ~_~
"Practice, practice, practice. And when you're not practicing you should be practicing. It's the only way to get better. The only way." I run the Smix Fanclub!
Bub
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States3518 Posts
April 23 2007 23:15 GMT
#59
Since recently I've been made it pretty much routine to do this pretty much daily in the comfy big backseat of my ol pontiac either during my breaks / or / lunch.. depends on how hungry i feel.
I can't seem to fall asleep as easy on an empty stomach as i can on a full one

I seriously need to start eating breakfast again
XK ßubonic
teh leet newb
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States1999 Posts
April 24 2007 09:19 GMT
#60
My friend who wants to be a professional pianist sleeps 2 hours during the daytime and practices the whole night. He still seems pretty healthy and alert. It's so weird.
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 30m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4550
Shuttle 1806
Leta 1691
BeSt 397
Soulkey 191
Soma 147
sorry 55
ZergMaN 31
Shine 23
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm156
League of Legends
JimRising 579
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King46
Other Games
summit1g7851
WinterStarcraft672
Sick193
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV230
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2272
League of Legends
• Rush1361
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 30m
Patches Events
7h 30m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 30m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 30m
OSC
15h 30m
OSC
1d 4h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.