• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:08
CEST 04:08
KST 11:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8741 users

Power Napping - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
April 23 2007 10:51 GMT
#21
I could try that but after I wake up, I'd prolly say screw it and roll over then sleep for another 1-2 hours.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Y0shi
Profile Joined February 2007
United States46 Posts
April 23 2007 11:00 GMT
#22
ever since going to college, i've really come to appreciate power napping. for me, 30-40 minute naps are amazing. if i were lacking sleep the night before, i would wake up feeling quite quite refreshed. on the other hand, sleeping for 60-90 minutes makes me feel groggy when i wake up (sleep inertia)

i've also found that going for a 10-15 "nap" is quite helpful as well, though I wouldn't really call it a nap, because sometimes I hear the alarm while I'm in a half thinking/half dreaming state. The only difference is that the effects of the "nap" last for a much shorter duration, say 1.5-2.5 hours than the normal power nap.
Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
April 23 2007 11:14 GMT
#23
I want to learn how to do this o.O
I guess I'll practice during the summer ^^
Official Entusman #21
LxRogue
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States1415 Posts
April 23 2007 11:26 GMT
#24
That would be pretty nice to get 6 hours of sleep in the 90 minute break i have between classes tommorow!
Million
Profile Joined April 2004
United States559 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-04-23 11:33:11
April 23 2007 11:29 GMT
#25
put a pillow on ur desk instead of using ur arms helps a great deal. also for me if i sleep on bed i can never get a nap since i can nvr get up after 1/2 hours, bed is just too comfy to leave.
Kennigit *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada19447 Posts
April 23 2007 11:34 GMT
#26
As a wise man once said, "sleep is for the weak, just drink red bull". Actually, nm that was me that said that
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
April 23 2007 11:34 GMT
#27
I do it when I'm too full of shit for school, and have to get things done, I take power naps. when Normal schedule I take normal naps.

;P but yes, I can do this.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
ManaBlue
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Canada10458 Posts
April 23 2007 11:38 GMT
#28
I find it pretty cool that you can get "better at it" by "practicing". o_0 It's sleep for goodness sake!

I always feel like shit if I take a little nap, so I guess that's due to my lack of practice?
ModeratorTL VOD legends: Live2Win, hasuprotoss, Cadical, rinizim, Mani, thedeadhaji, Kennigit, SonuvBob, yakii, fw, pheer, CDRdude, pholon, Uraeus, zatic, baezzi. The contributors make this site what it is. *Props to FakeSteve for respecting the guitar gods*
evanthebouncy!
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States12816 Posts
April 23 2007 11:42 GMT
#29
I do it all the time. I can fall asleep anywhere any time. Even if I am fully awake. Just give me some boredom and I'll go right to submission :D
Yeah it really refreshes you. For me it isn't as crazy as zomg 5 + hours of sleep gained, not completely. But for the following 2 hours at least you can remain quite active with out being drowsy. I normally nap for 15 minutes intervals, but it is crusial that you actually fall asleep, as in going into REM.
If you do not fully fall asleep you will not feel refreshed. Even if you fell asleep for just precious 2 minutes it is well worth a 10 minutes nap.
Life is run, it is dance, it is fast, passionate and BAM!, you dance and sing and booze while you can for now is the time and time is mine. Smile and laugh when still can for now is the time and soon you die!
evanthebouncy!
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States12816 Posts
April 23 2007 11:43 GMT
#30
On April 23 2007 20:14 infinity21 wrote:
I want to learn how to do this o.O
I guess I'll practice during the summer ^^

You don't really practice... just... just fall asleep in class.
Life is run, it is dance, it is fast, passionate and BAM!, you dance and sing and booze while you can for now is the time and time is mine. Smile and laugh when still can for now is the time and soon you die!
LuMiX
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
China5758 Posts
April 23 2007 11:43 GMT
#31
Ah, I had an experience like this. I didn't sleep at night the day I was going back home, so I was in my cousins car and I dozed off during the ride. I wake up and felt amazingly AWAKE so I was like how long was I sleeping? He said only about 15-20 minutes. So, I guess I have experienced this first hand aye? =D
yisun518
Profile Joined August 2004
Canada480 Posts
April 23 2007 11:44 GMT
#32
i power nap quite often when i lack a lot of sleep and still go to lectures.
suicideZERG
Profile Joined April 2007
14 Posts
April 23 2007 11:45 GMT
#33
The difficult part is actually falling asleep, since you might lie there for like 30 minutes trying to fall asleep.

Powersleeping is just sleeping for 20minutes, set your alarm clock. you will wake up very tired, but don't let it get to you. Go dump your head in ice water. And you will be completely refreshed.
gow gow~
Dendra
Profile Joined July 2006
Croatia801 Posts
April 23 2007 11:46 GMT
#34
i often set alarm 30/20min before i need to wake up and then set the alarm again to like 1-2min before i have to wake up, or not set alarm at all, those precious 20+ minutes seem to last longer than the previous 5+ hours of sleep.
Believing isnt seeing.Seeing is believing,but may not be reality.
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
April 23 2007 11:48 GMT
#35
If I don't sleep for more than seven hours (I don't usually), I feel like throwing up -_-;;
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
semioldguy
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States7488 Posts
April 23 2007 11:49 GMT
#36
I rarely get more than 4 hours of sleep on any given night and almost always make time once or twice in the day to sleep for about 20-30 minutes. I am rarely tired at any time during the day and rather like my sleeping schedule, I've been on it for about 3 years now.
Moderator
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
April 23 2007 11:56 GMT
#37
On April 23 2007 20:38 ManaBlue wrote:
I find it pretty cool that you can get "better at it" by "practicing". o_0 It's sleep for goodness sake!

I always feel like shit if I take a little nap, so I guess that's due to my lack of practice?


I can generally fall to a rest state within 30seconds to a minute and full sleep within a couple minutes.
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
evanthebouncy!
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States12816 Posts
April 23 2007 12:06 GMT
#38
Although I normally sleep asap I get sleepy...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-running_sleep
there :p
Life is run, it is dance, it is fast, passionate and BAM!, you dance and sing and booze while you can for now is the time and time is mine. Smile and laugh when still can for now is the time and soon you die!
uvaer
Profile Joined April 2007
Norway157 Posts
April 23 2007 12:12 GMT
#39
I don't know how any of you guys take these powernaps, but all I know is that I've tried and have never succeeded. If I have to nap, I need at least 2 hours , and that still does nothing for me, I guess due to 'sleep inertia'
evanthebouncy!
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States12816 Posts
April 23 2007 12:16 GMT
#40
On April 23 2007 21:12 uvaer wrote:
I don't know how any of you guys take these powernaps, but all I know is that I've tried and have never succeeded. If I have to nap, I need at least 2 hours , and that still does nothing for me, I guess due to 'sleep inertia'

You are just not tired enough to use it haha... 2 hours of nap is healthy. I learned how to nap from being tired :p
Life is run, it is dance, it is fast, passionate and BAM!, you dance and sing and booze while you can for now is the time and time is mine. Smile and laugh when still can for now is the time and soon you die!
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 185
NeuroSwarm 148
FoxeR 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1030
Leta 616
Bale 83
League of Legends
Doublelift4274
Other Games
summit1g8616
JimRising 529
ViBE198
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick672
BasetradeTV198
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 100
• Light_VIP 12
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1086
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 52m
Patches Events
12h 52m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 52m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 52m
OSC
20h 52m
OSC
1d 9h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.