• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:06
CEST 06:06
KST 13:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6513 users

What does your name mean?

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
5HITCOMBO
Profile Joined March 2006
Japan2239 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-04-01 17:40:12
April 01 2007 17:33 GMT
#1
Not your real name, but your TL.net name or your Battle.net name. Where did it come from, how did you pick it, what does it mean, anything else about it you can think of - basically, the history of your name. Please limit to one Bnet name and one TL.net name - we don't want a page long explanation of twenty akas.

5HITCOMBO is actually my second account - the first one got banned. I got the name from watching some people I knew play that DBZ Budokai game where it counts off the hits in your combo - 1 HIT! 2 HIT! 3 HIT!... and eventually, after watching a bit, I noticed that they didn't put much room between the 5 and the "HIT!"... so it looked like "5HIT!", which I thought was hilarious. Thus, 5HITCOMBO was born.

ON_FIER came from NBA Jam, where if you made a bunch of baskets in a row without the other team scoring, the announcer guy would be like "HE'S ONNNN FIIIRREEE" and you would literally catch fire and get unlimited turbo. I laughed whenever I heard the phrase when I was a kid, and decided to internet it... and ON_FIER has been my aka since.

[edit] Don't forget to tell us what your name is on Bnet if it's not the same. [/edit]
I live in perpetual fear of terrorists and studio gangsters
RebelHeart
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
New Zealand722 Posts
April 01 2007 17:35 GMT
#2
song by The Corrs, also my band name
"Love the Lord your God, and love your neighbour as you love yourself. If you do these things you're doing well" - Phil Joel
Yizuo
Profile Joined December 2004
Germany1537 Posts
April 01 2007 17:37 GMT
#3
Figured this was some kind of asian site, thus I thought I had to chose an asian-sounding name.
yeah, I was dumb back then .
SF-Fork
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Russian Federation1401 Posts
April 01 2007 17:37 GMT
#4
Fork, really came out of nowhere when I was younger. My more modern aka Antares is my favourite star.
mdb
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
Bulgaria4059 Posts
April 01 2007 17:39 GMT
#5
random words I wrote the first time I played starcraft
oneofthem
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Cayman Islands24199 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-04-01 17:42:14
April 01 2007 17:41 GMT
#6
oneofthem is an old name of mine. i used it for a rather brief period of time when i joined some forums. the 'them' actually refers to KOTOR, it is a political thing that i was committed to back then.

then when travian started i used ascelon. i have no idea why i used it, much less its significance. my travian nicks were better, zerg, operationcwal, ilovesea etc. good names for games and such.

now i use anselfir in all situations, for no particular reason again.
We have fed the heart on fantasies, the heart's grown brutal from the fare, more substance in our enmities than in our love
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-04-01 17:48:07
April 01 2007 17:45 GMT
#7
i've been using this since 1997 or so --;;
Yea, creation of a child.

I think dead sounded cool to me back then or something.
My real name is Hajime, so I shortened it to haji.

It's just been a defacto ID to use when making accounts on various websites. I somewhat regret using this ID at TL.net, now that I've become so active on it, haha. Then again it's convenient b/c pple dont have to relearn my name when I meet them in person
5HITCOMBO
Profile Joined March 2006
Japan2239 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-04-01 17:50:51
April 01 2007 17:49 GMT
#8
On April 02 2007 02:45 thedeadhaji wrote:
i've been using this since 1997 or so --;;
Yea, creation of a child.

I think dead sounded cool to me back then or something.
My real name is Hajime, so I shortened it to haji.

I know I said no real names, but how do you write that? My last name is Kamisato, and it's "god" and "village" (yeah, abnormal way to write it, I know, but that's how my ancestors roll =P). What characters do you use for your name?
I live in perpetual fear of terrorists and studio gangsters
{ToT}Strafe
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Thailand7026 Posts
April 01 2007 17:54 GMT
#9
Diablo2 Amazone lvl 24 skill windforce=rape
Rekrul
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Korea (South)17174 Posts
April 01 2007 17:58 GMT
#10
Lurker
why so 진지해?
distant_voice
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Germany2521 Posts
April 01 2007 18:01 GMT
#11
Bush - Razorblade Suitcase songtitle
This is my truth, tell me yours!
5HITCOMBO
Profile Joined March 2006
Japan2239 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-04-01 18:02:00
April 01 2007 18:01 GMT
#12
On April 02 2007 02:58 Rekrul wrote:
Lurker

HOLY FUCK I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE THAT
I live in perpetual fear of terrorists and studio gangsters
Tadzio
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
3340 Posts
April 01 2007 18:03 GMT
#13
T.A.D. are my initials and Tad is a nickname some people call me. Tadzio is a polish name. The double 0s are the result of some invisible TL.net member already having claim to Tadzio.... no special significance beyond that.

My Bnet ID is Worst. It explains itself. I'm the worst StarcraftBW player in existence.
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-04-01 18:05:20
April 01 2007 18:03 GMT
#14
In 2004 when i moved back to Korea i got into sc and progaming seriously. On useast i played a tvt with a guy named Ilikestarcraft who basically took the whole map and put turrets everywhere. I seriously thought the guy had like mineral hack or something. My first taste of vsing someone on a complete level above me. When i typed GG i said Gosu? And he said no i suck. I've been lurking on tl september and october and i made an account called Ilikestarcraft. Thats why my id on bnet aim or others arent the same.

My bnet aim id is Cowboyspc94. Um i was an innocent little kid in 6th grade and this noona(older girl) from my church helped me make an aim sn and i was hooked to this song called Space Cowboy by Nsync(i know dont laugh ) So i saw if spacecowboy94 was taken it was so i picked one of the other choices. Cowboyspc94. 94 is not the year i was born i was born in 90 but it stands for my birthday September 4th.(the same as boxer^^)

edit. didnt read ts's post.
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
MTF
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States1739 Posts
April 01 2007 18:04 GMT
#15
Midnight
Talos
Falcon

I used those three core names for as long as I can remember playing games with characters you could name. Eventually I decided that I'd just solidify it all into three letters that are much easier to remember. :p
Think. :)
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-04-01 18:11:33
April 01 2007 18:07 GMT
#16
On April 02 2007 02:49 5HITCOMBO wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2007 02:45 thedeadhaji wrote:
i've been using this since 1997 or so --;;
Yea, creation of a child.

I think dead sounded cool to me back then or something.
My real name is Hajime, so I shortened it to haji.

I know I said no real names, but how do you write that? My last name is Kamisato, and it's "god" and "village" (yeah, abnormal way to write it, I know, but that's how my ancestors roll =P). What characters do you use for your name?


村上肇

somewhat rare'ish character for my first name. Along the lines of "to start, to create, to found"
Evilmonkey.
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
United States1628 Posts
April 01 2007 18:16 GMT
#17
On April 02 2007 03:03 Ilikestarcraft wrote:

My bnet aim id is Cowboyspc94. Um i was an innocent little kid in 6th grade and this noona(older girl) from my church helped me make an aim sn and i was hooked to this song called Space Cowboy by Nsync(i know dont laugh ) So i saw if spacecowboy94 was taken it was so i picked one of the other choices. Cowboyspc94. 94 is not the year i was born i was born in 90 but it stands for my birthday September 4th.(the same as boxer^^)



"If you wanna fly, come and take a ride- take a space ride with a cowboy, singin- Y-Y-Y YIPPIE YIE YE YIPPY YIE YO YIPPY YI EH, Y-Y-Y YIPPIE YE EH YIPPY YI YO YIPPY YI YO!"
WWBD- What would Boxer do?
Rekrul
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Korea (South)17174 Posts
April 01 2007 18:23 GMT
#18
On April 02 2007 03:01 5HITCOMBO wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2007 02:58 Rekrul wrote:
Lurker

HOLY FUCK I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE THAT


always get atleast one every time
why so 진지해?
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
April 01 2007 18:27 GMT
#19
On April 02 2007 03:16 Evilmonkey. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2007 03:03 Ilikestarcraft wrote:

My bnet aim id is Cowboyspc94. Um i was an innocent little kid in 6th grade and this noona(older girl) from my church helped me make an aim sn and i was hooked to this song called Space Cowboy by Nsync(i know dont laugh ) So i saw if spacecowboy94 was taken it was so i picked one of the other choices. Cowboyspc94. 94 is not the year i was born i was born in 90 but it stands for my birthday September 4th.(the same as boxer^^)



"If you wanna fly, come and take a ride- take a space ride with a cowboy, singin- Y-Y-Y YIPPIE YIE YE YIPPY YIE YO YIPPY YI EH, Y-Y-Y YIPPIE YE EH YIPPY YI YO YIPPY YI YO!"

haha
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
Polemarch
Profile Joined August 2005
Canada1564 Posts
April 01 2007 18:33 GMT
#20
Polemarch is the name of the leader of the army in ancient Greece.
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=polemarch
First came across the name in the book Ender's Game, and thought it both fit Starcraft and sounded cool.

On a related note, an Archon means a ruler in old Athens too.
I BELIEVE IN CAPITAL LETTER PUNISHMENT!!!!!
1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech133
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16942
Rain 1426
GuemChi 617
sSak 40
Bale 23
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm237
League of Legends
JimRising 751
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1112
taco 440
minikerr38
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1005
Mew2King81
Other Games
summit1g8043
WinterStarcraft589
C9.Mang0181
ViBE134
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1135
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream44
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Light_VIP 25
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo751
• Stunt366
• Rush304
Other Games
• Scarra951
• Shiphtur789
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
5h 54m
INu's Battles
6h 54m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
8h 54m
OSC
18h 9m
Replay Cast
18h 54m
OSC
1d 18h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.