• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:22
CEST 17:22
KST 00:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7683 users

what is happiness to you? - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
neobowman
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3324 Posts
September 10 2012 01:57 GMT
#21
Living as a Christian =D
CabinEssence
Profile Joined September 2012
35 Posts
September 10 2012 01:57 GMT
#22
On September 10 2012 10:07 Torte de Lini wrote:
Happiness for me is the ability to wake up for one day and have no worries of the past and no concerns about the future. To be able to live the day at its fullest without the reminder that it ends, but to remember how each feeling felt before a new one bloomed.

Cheesy. But I like cheese. It's tasty.
Dubz
Profile Joined October 2010
United States242 Posts
September 10 2012 01:58 GMT
#23
On September 10 2012 10:57 neobowman wrote:
Living as a Christian =D

so.. the space shark is really a Jesus fish incognito ?
" mefjupl: if this game was balanced and we would find two players with almost same skills, in mirror match there would be a draw each game"
Mr Showtime
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1353 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-10 02:03:53
September 10 2012 02:01 GMT
#24
On September 10 2012 10:26 wajd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2012 10:21 Mr Showtime wrote:
My answer would differ based on your current situation. Are you in high school? college? graduated from college? in the real world?

If you can answer that, I can do my best to give a good answer.


In the "real world", with a job that underpays me, I have a degree in something I hate. I have no money with lots of health problems...the list goes on.


It's hard to give too much advice without coming off as incredibly pretentious, so I'll keep it brief. I don't know how much of an effort you've really put into your SC2 dream. A lot of people say that they want to be a pro-gamer, but not everybody puts in the time and effort required. If you are within the minority who has put in the time, but it just isn't working out, it may be time to back off of that goal. You seem to be recognizing that it isn't a likely possibility and that's honestly a good thing. Having all of your eggs in one basket can lead to serious tunnel vision. You'll be so fixated on one thing that isn't working and you miss out on many great parts of your life because they have been made out to seem worse. You may feel like you've placed yourself in a situation where you are "failing." You're not. You CAN'T fail at achieving happiness for this amazing reason right here:

On September 10 2012 10:34 travis wrote:
it's not something you go and get it something you already have
just change your attitude and be happy
it's just attitude, view


Failing would require happiness to be a thing that you find. If you don't find it, you fail, and you're not happy. Well, happiness isn't a thing that you go get. It's something that you find within yourself and your attitude. Fill your life with stuff you like and find enjoyment in those things.

My mom gave me some of the best advice about happiness (specifically when it comes to a job/work):
Everyone says, "Find a job that you love, and you'll never work a day in your life" Well, the fact is, it's not practical for everyone. Some people can make a living doing what they love for a living, but some (if not most) can't. The problem is: the things that many people love most won't earn you any money. And THAT'S OKAY! You don't have to love your job. Your job isn't your life. Fill your life with things that you love, and your job, suddenly, isn't that important.


I know that you didn't state that your job is the main source of your unhappiness. But a feeling of unhappiness from a lack of a dream job seems like a similar issue.

I'm neither an expert nor someone even somewhat qualified to be giving advice to someone in your position, but hopefully this helps a little!
neobowman
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3324 Posts
September 10 2012 02:02 GMT
#25
On September 10 2012 10:58 Dubz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2012 10:57 neobowman wrote:
Living as a Christian =D

so.. the space shark is really a Jesus fish incognito ?

It's a deep metaphor. But yes, Jesusfish.
jdseemoreglass
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States3773 Posts
September 10 2012 02:09 GMT
#26
Happiness is denial. Denial of mortality, denial of the suffering of others, denial of even your own suffering. Denial of the fact that life is work and work sucks. Denial of the fact that we are all just passing our limited time in existence and doing nothing that can justify it's inevitable end. Et cetera.

Or maybe that's just depression talking. Cheers.
"If you want this forum to be full of half-baked philosophy discussions between pompous faggots like yourself forever, stay the course captain vanilla" - FakeSteve[TPR], 2006
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
September 10 2012 02:11 GMT
#27
Happiness is counting on consistency, such as apples. I like apples.
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
fatfail
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States386 Posts
September 10 2012 02:11 GMT
#28
Happiness is waking up in the morning and being alive. My happiness increases further with ever meal I eat.
Kong fan... <3 Stork <3 Jangbi <3 Yellow <3 Fantasy
Magic_Mike
Profile Joined May 2010
United States542 Posts
September 10 2012 02:14 GMT
#29
On September 10 2012 11:09 jdseemoreglass wrote:
Happiness is denial. Denial of mortality, denial of the suffering of others, denial of even your own suffering. Denial of the fact that life is work and work sucks. Denial of the fact that we are all just passing our limited time in existence and doing nothing that can justify it's inevitable end. Et cetera.

Or maybe that's just depression talking. Cheers.


This is why I'm glad I'm not smart. All the smart people I know are depressed. You think to much. For me it's pretty simple.
A blowjob, a beer, and a good Lions football game.
jdseemoreglass
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States3773 Posts
September 10 2012 02:16 GMT
#30
On September 10 2012 11:14 Magic_Mike wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2012 11:09 jdseemoreglass wrote:
Happiness is denial. Denial of mortality, denial of the suffering of others, denial of even your own suffering. Denial of the fact that life is work and work sucks. Denial of the fact that we are all just passing our limited time in existence and doing nothing that can justify it's inevitable end. Et cetera.

Or maybe that's just depression talking. Cheers.


This is why I'm glad I'm not smart. All the smart people I know are depressed. You think to much. For me it's pretty simple.
A blowjob, a beer, and a good Lions football game.

Denial of that fact that your account name on teamliquid is the same as a gay male strip tease movie...
"If you want this forum to be full of half-baked philosophy discussions between pompous faggots like yourself forever, stay the course captain vanilla" - FakeSteve[TPR], 2006
jackalope1234
Profile Joined December 2010
122 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-10 02:18:55
September 10 2012 02:18 GMT
#31
this song
Mr Showtime
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1353 Posts
September 10 2012 02:21 GMT
#32
On September 10 2012 11:16 jdseemoreglass wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2012 11:14 Magic_Mike wrote:
On September 10 2012 11:09 jdseemoreglass wrote:
Happiness is denial. Denial of mortality, denial of the suffering of others, denial of even your own suffering. Denial of the fact that life is work and work sucks. Denial of the fact that we are all just passing our limited time in existence and doing nothing that can justify it's inevitable end. Et cetera.

Or maybe that's just depression talking. Cheers.


This is why I'm glad I'm not smart. All the smart people I know are depressed. You think to much. For me it's pretty simple.
A blowjob, a beer, and a good Lions football game.

Denial of that fact that your account name on teamliquid is the same as a gay male strip tease movie...


What do you mean? All he said was that he likes beer, football, and giving blow jobs. I didn't see any denial.
Jojo131
Profile Joined January 2011
Brazil1631 Posts
September 10 2012 02:21 GMT
#33
Financial freedom, to be able to pursue whatever it is that I want without having to pick up another phone call again if I dont want to.

Yet ironically I see myself chasing after money until it kills me, because I'm a masochist that wants to keep working
Ryhzuo
Profile Joined November 2011
New Zealand198 Posts
September 10 2012 02:23 GMT
#34
Circumstance is often unavoidable, but happiness is a choice.

I think on some level we can all choose to be happy.
meegrean
Profile Joined May 2008
Thailand7699 Posts
September 10 2012 02:28 GMT
#35
Happiness is experiencing the least amount of problems as possible.
Brood War loyalist
Magic_Mike
Profile Joined May 2010
United States542 Posts
September 10 2012 03:04 GMT
#36
On September 10 2012 11:16 jdseemoreglass wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2012 11:14 Magic_Mike wrote:
On September 10 2012 11:09 jdseemoreglass wrote:
Happiness is denial. Denial of mortality, denial of the suffering of others, denial of even your own suffering. Denial of the fact that life is work and work sucks. Denial of the fact that we are all just passing our limited time in existence and doing nothing that can justify it's inevitable end. Et cetera.

Or maybe that's just depression talking. Cheers.


This is why I'm glad I'm not smart. All the smart people I know are depressed. You think to much. For me it's pretty simple.
A blowjob, a beer, and a good Lions football game.

Denial of that fact that your account name on teamliquid is the same as a gay male strip tease movie...


Lol, damnit. I've had this name since high school wrestling. I was soo pissed when I saw the name of that movie. I don't know if you can check when my account was created but it was before that stupid movie. On that same note though and still a funny story, I did dance for a bacholorette party once. Me, my brother, and a bunch of his room mates danced for a local bar owners wife. He came back during our dance. Needless to say, we are all barred from life from that bar. Good times.
aksfjh
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4853 Posts
September 10 2012 03:09 GMT
#37
Happiness for me is this fleeting "feeling" I once had. It was around my senior year of high school, was dating a certain girl and I would drive to her house 3-4 times a week and we'd watch movies and TV. The drive back, listening to contemporary classical music, feeling a calm clarity along with a general sense of ease, it was an experience. That's as close as I can come to defining it. I know what it felt like, and I fear every day that I'll never find that feeling again in anything else.

I still try every day to find something like it or better. The only problem is that I don't think I'll recognize it until I lose it again. Such is life.
phosphorylation
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2935 Posts
September 10 2012 03:26 GMT
#38
At the most fundamental level, happiness is achieved when you meet or exceed your expectations.
Buy prints of my photographs at Redbubble -> http://www.redbubble.com/people/shoenberg3
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-10 03:29:13
September 10 2012 03:27 GMT
#39
Happiness is that thing I felt nearly constantly 7 years ago when I was 16, then everything got complicated and most moments of happiness became short-lived and spread out by large hunks of ambivalence about my situation and life in general. To make things works, I used to have hobbies like gaming. Things like that allowed me to pass time relatively comfortably are getting less effective.

I don't know why it is. My life's comfortable, financially stable to say the least, my gf is awesome... I'm just sad. But nobody really knows, because I fake happiness like a motherfucker with everyone I know because I don't need sympathy or help and I don't need to repulse anybody with negativity. Not sure what's wrong with me.

You're all strangers though so it's ok
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
September 10 2012 03:31 GMT
#40
On September 10 2012 10:57 neobowman wrote:
Living as a Christian =D

Knowing Jesus loves me!

That's the frequent source, for the more temporary ones, playing video games.
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM401
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 401
Reynor 231
ByuN 185
TKL 130
Railgan 78
Codebar 59
BRAT_OK 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 59046
Bisu 2907
Calm 1208
FanTaSy 1028
Stork 838
Rush 401
hero 392
firebathero 198
Snow 129
Sharp 86
[ Show more ]
Free 72
Mind 65
ToSsGirL 39
Trap 38
Pusan 37
Sexy 29
Bale 27
Mong 26
Hm[arnc] 20
soO 20
Terrorterran 20
Rock 18
Aegong 18
HiyA 14
Sacsri 9
Shine 8
Noble 8
scan(afreeca) 8
IntoTheRainbow 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8545
Dendi1118
Counter-Strike
fl0m4537
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King99
Other Games
singsing2223
Liquid`RaSZi1474
B2W.Neo704
olofmeister543
Beastyqt493
Mlord470
Khaldor445
KnowMe314
Hui .222
crisheroes172
Chillindude66
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV260
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony5
• niya90s 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV581
League of Legends
• Nemesis3513
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1750
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 38m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 38m
OSC
7h 38m
Replay Cast
7h 38m
OSC
20h 38m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.