• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:15
CEST 19:15
KST 02:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)58Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8627 users

Blue Robot - Page 24

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 43 Next All
GenesisX
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada4267 Posts
August 08 2012 00:37 GMT
#461
mystery option gogo
133 221 333 123 111
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
August 08 2012 00:51 GMT
#462
Anyway I would love to make some kind of "monster league" for this and have some kind of competitive or collaborative effort and do more as arcticraven requested but I dont know of anyone else who would be willing to do this other than me.

Im thinking about ways I can make this more.. "game" like but im not sure how to set it up and avoid abuse like last time.
seaofsaturn
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States489 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-08 01:04:47
August 08 2012 01:03 GMT
#463
On August 08 2012 09:51 Coagulation wrote:
Anyway I would love to make some kind of "monster league" for this and have some kind of competitive or collaborative effort and do more as arcticraven requested but I dont know of anyone else who would be willing to do this other than me.

Im thinking about ways I can make this more.. "game" like but im not sure how to set it up and avoid abuse like last time.


I would like to draw some robots for a league. I don't know if I would have time to draw a new one every 12 hours though. Maybe like every 2 days?

Also, instead of worrying about a game that can be abused, you could just sorta take a Calvinball approach and have fun with it. I don't think there is ever gonna be a way to empirically determine who has the strongest fictional robot. The game can be just as silly and random as the creation of the robots themselves.

I am imagining like 32 robots each created in their own thread, and then there is a bracket where it is voted on randomly kinda like that TL ESPORTS bracket which was just completely random. The battles could be like best of 3s where each artist/team chooses a move and then people vote on who takes the round.

Anyway, just some random brainstorming :D

edit: i seemed to have used the word random a lot in this post.
Photoshop is over-powered.
SilverJohnny
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States885 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-08 01:08:40
August 08 2012 01:04 GMT
#464
On August 08 2012 09:51 Coagulation wrote:
Anyway I would love to make some kind of "monster league" for this and have some kind of competitive or collaborative effort and do more as arcticraven requested but I dont know of anyone else who would be willing to do this other than me.

Im thinking about ways I can make this more.. "game" like but im not sure how to set it up and avoid abuse like last time.


Just get random TLers to make MS paint monsters/robots/cosmic horrors, take the most promising ones and art them up, make up some stats (or have people vote on stats) and make a bracket. winner gets to add on the loser's parts or skills, and it goes until only one remains standing, ready to enslave the universe.

and of course the next time a tournament is held the winner gets to defend its crown.

/e - I like some of seaofsaturns ideas too.

double edit - the more I think about it the more awesome this idea seems, I just wish I had artistic skills to back it up.
also i think you should be able to combine like 5 archons to make a really really shitty oliver stone film - Keanu_Reaver, bw balance genius
seaofsaturn
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States489 Posts
August 08 2012 01:05 GMT
#465
On August 08 2012 10:04 SilverJohnny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2012 09:51 Coagulation wrote:
Anyway I would love to make some kind of "monster league" for this and have some kind of competitive or collaborative effort and do more as arcticraven requested but I dont know of anyone else who would be willing to do this other than me.

Im thinking about ways I can make this more.. "game" like but im not sure how to set it up and avoid abuse like last time.


Just get random TLers to make MS paint monsters/robots/cosmic horrors, take the most promising ones and art them up, make up some stats (or have people vote on stats) and make a bracket. winner gets to add on the loser's parts or skills, and it goes until only one remains standing, ready to enslave the universe.

and of course the next time a tournament is held the winner gets to defend its crown.


Ooh the winner takes the losers skills, I like that.
Photoshop is over-powered.
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-08 01:13:07
August 08 2012 01:08 GMT
#466
I will make a poll.

Polls never lie.

Poll: If I hosted a monster league would you participate?

Yes ( I would vote on creatures ) (177)
 
75%

Yes ( I would submit a creature to battle ) (40)
 
17%

No (im a stupid head) (20)
 
8%

237 total votes

Your vote: If I hosted a monster league would you participate?

(Vote): Yes ( I would submit a creature to battle )
(Vote): Yes ( I would vote on creatures )
(Vote): No (im a stupid head)



It took all the self control I can maintain to not add mate to that poll.
zeross
Profile Joined September 2010
France310 Posts
August 08 2012 05:27 GMT
#467
but will they be able to mate ? :p
Cascade
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Australia5405 Posts
August 08 2012 05:35 GMT
#468
can we have a monster/robot sex orgy instead of the tournament?

We can call it the Universal Beeing Erotic Happening Operated by Teamliquid, or just UBEHOT for short.
FetTerBender
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany1393 Posts
August 08 2012 08:09 GMT
#469
The winner could decide to mate with the loser (new monster for next event) or to consume the monster to take in its strenghts and weaknesses :D
There's a fine line between bravery and stupidity.
venomium
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands245 Posts
August 08 2012 11:01 GMT
#470
Coag, I'm stealing some of your awesome for my signature^^
" I think we finally found the magic number of guns needed to be pointed at the TL hive mind to deter sexual molestation (9)" -Coagulation
Diks
Profile Joined January 2010
Belgium1880 Posts
August 08 2012 11:14 GMT
#471
On August 08 2012 10:08 Coagulation wrote:
I will make a poll.

Polls never lie.

Poll: If I hosted a monster league would you participate?

Yes ( I would vote on creatures ) (177)
 
75%

Yes ( I would submit a creature to battle ) (40)
 
17%

No (im a stupid head) (20)
 
8%

237 total votes

Your vote: If I hosted a monster league would you participate?

(Vote): Yes ( I would submit a creature to battle )
(Vote): Yes ( I would vote on creatures )
(Vote): No (im a stupid head)



It took all the self control I can maintain to not add mate to that poll.


I would be crazy happy to submit creatures :D
<3 what u do coag
Zax19
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Czech Republic1136 Posts
August 08 2012 14:10 GMT
#472
More people creating their creatures would be nice, I’m just afraid the difference in graphical fidelity x).
Really Blizz, really? - Darnell
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
August 08 2012 15:42 GMT
#473
Graphics wouldnt be a problem. I could always fix up any pics if someone requested it.
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
August 08 2012 15:57 GMT
#474
On August 09 2012 00:42 Coagulation wrote:
Graphics wouldnt be a problem. I could always fix up any pics if someone requested it.

[image loading]
Go.
Moderator
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-08 16:20:47
August 08 2012 16:20 GMT
#475
something like this?
[image loading]
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-08 16:34:36
August 08 2012 16:34 GMT
#476
That was meant to be 5 legs but I'll grant you the artistic license to make it a tail instead. And why does it have boobs?

+ Show Spoiler +
JK, that's fuckin awesome ahahaha, will encourage more people to contribute monster drawings if you can do them that well.
Moderator
Zax19
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Czech Republic1136 Posts
August 08 2012 16:59 GMT
#477
Lol, how do you do it so fast?! Lot of practice?
Really Blizz, really? - Darnell
Diks
Profile Joined January 2010
Belgium1880 Posts
August 08 2012 17:26 GMT
#478
You're so full of win, coag :O
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-08 17:30:33
August 08 2012 17:28 GMT
#479
I do a lot of speed painting

plus it has no detail.. its basically just positive and negative space defined. next comes lighting and rendering.
zeross
Profile Joined September 2010
France310 Posts
August 08 2012 18:29 GMT
#480
On August 09 2012 01:20 Coagulation wrote:
something like this?
[image loading]



omygod yeah you realy seem to be able to fix any drawings ! kudos to you
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 43 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1162
SteadfastSC763
ComeBackTV 740
TaKeTV 542
IndyStarCraft 220
Rex134
EnkiAlexander 81
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 763
IndyStarCraft 220
ProTech153
Rex 134
BRAT_OK 40
MindelVK 22
UpATreeSC 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40159
Shuttle 783
Mini 407
Larva 356
Rush 347
Dewaltoss 103
Hyuk 82
firebathero 80
Mong 72
Trap 42
[ Show more ]
Sexy 29
ToSsGirL 29
Bale 19
Rock 18
Shine 16
Sacsri 12
Terrorterran 8
Dota 2
Gorgc9396
qojqva1745
Counter-Strike
fl0m1438
Fnx 814
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1386
Khaldor1249
Other Games
hiko1277
FrodaN1224
Beastyqt312
DeMusliM268
XBOCT190
ArmadaUGS172
Mlord127
KnowMe120
C9.Mang0101
XaKoH 101
QueenE88
Mew2King74
CosmosSc2 11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV253
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream73
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH306
• StrangeGG 42
• poizon28 35
• Hinosc 16
• Kozan
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• Michael_bg 5
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3529
Other Games
• Shiphtur337
• imaqtpie318
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 46m
CranKy Ducklings
16h 46m
Online Event
17h 46m
FEL
22h 46m
AI Arena Tournament
23h 46m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 1h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 16h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.